Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

None of these questions are real, right? Every time I see this Twitter posted I’m pretty sure they’re fake but there’s always a nagging doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

None of these questions are real, right? Every time I see this Twitter posted I’m pretty sure they’re fake but there’s always a nagging doubt.

The six brown chicks are real, the questions who knows, but please avoid this because it brings out those who need to show their entire rear end in a top hat on the subject.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Writing such perfect summaries is a work of art. If in addition they're also creating the scenarios, that's like five times as impressive and they need a TV deal stat

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Real enough to read, real enough to be. That's my motto and I currently am heavily invested in several exiled princes that are so close to getting their kingdom's back that I can see the wealth.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

You come to a fork in the road. At the fork stand six brown chicks. Well, they’re sitting. Okay, they’re having brunch. At the fork in the road six brown chicks are having brunch. You know that one of them always tells the truth, one of them always lies, and the other four are just here to have a good time. What one question do you ask them to find out who they are and which road you should take?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For being annoyed at my GF for not watching a show with me?

So, I (21M) was really excited to introduce my GF (19F) to a series on Netflix (called Hinterland, for those interested). She seemed as though she was in to watching with me and put it on after we made dinner together (spaghetti bolognese, for those interested). About ten minutes in she restarted colouring a drawing of SpongeBob she had made for a birthday card, intended for her younger brother's birthday (missed the date and hasn't seen him since moving to uni, for those interested). I noticed she was no longer watching and in a bid to regain her attention showed her a chuckle-worthy meme (on r/sadcringe, for those interested). Unfortunately it didn't work as we ended up falling down an r/AmItheAsshole warren and are now not watching the show because she got mad that I got mad as she said she was listening whilst working on the card. I call balls and think she's just ignoring the fact that I was excited to share something I had enjoyed with her.

So, for those interested, AITA?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

therobit posted:

A sick day is for when a human is sick or has a doctor's appointment. I have worked with people like her that for some reason use all their leave and then have to invent excuses to use additional leave. It puts a greater burden on everyone else. A dog died. You don't need a day off for it.

Mental health days are valid sick days. It is, in fact, none of management's business what you use them for, and I say this as a manager.

It's an office job. Nobody's going to die if she takes the day off to deal with the death of a companion animal she cared about deeply.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

welp, here we go again :munch:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bell jar posted:

welp, here we go again :munch:

Didn’t realize I was opening a can o’ worms, I’ll drop it.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So, I (21M) was really excited to introduce my GF (19F) to a series on Netflix (called Hinterland, for those interested). She seemed as though she was in to watching with me and put it on after we made dinner together (spaghetti bolognese, for those interested). About ten minutes in she restarted colouring a drawing of SpongeBob she had made for a birthday card, intended for her younger brother's birthday (missed the date and hasn't seen him since moving to uni, for those interested). I noticed she was no longer watching and in a bid to regain her attention showed her a chuckle-worthy meme (on r/sadcringe, for those interested). Unfortunately it didn't work as we ended up falling down an r/AmItheAsshole warren and are now not watching the show because she got mad that I got mad as she said she was listening whilst working on the card. I call balls and think she's just ignoring the fact that I was excited to share something I had enjoyed with her.

what if i'm not interested, op

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MarcusSA posted:

Toblerone is gross btw.

You don't deserve this giant toblerone !!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

people like this are goddamn exhausting

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

She's got poo poo to do OP, just let her color her SpongeBob poo poo. Maybe she's not into the show, or maybe she just doesn't have the time or inclination to give her undivided attention to TV or unfunny memes.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Modern Detective Noir set in Wales? loving thrill a minute!
(I like these shows, but gently caress, I don't blame anyone who doesn't)

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Knowing how longwinded people are in r/relationships posts, I would really love to see the awful originals of the six brown chicks questions, because the way they condense them down is just top-notch.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Fiance (28M) made a Sims 4 household with him, an ex-fling and a few of our mutual friends?
My (27F) fiance (28M) and I are living the good life...or so I thought. We bicker every now and then, but one of us always apologizes soon after. We have a healthy sex life, are each other's best friend, and have pretty good communication skills. He is a gamer, and I was not before we got together. I dabble in some PC games every now and again, but not many. I walked in on him playing Sims 4 the other day, and it really brought me back to my childhood. He quickly closed out of it; we were about to go out to eat, so I didn't think much of it.

I have the day off today, and I thought Sims 4 would be a fun way to kill some time until he came home. I absolutely did not get on to snoop. Never in a million years would I think there is anything to snoop! So I get in there and go to the "city" he's been playing in and first find my household. It's almost an exact replica of our house, and it made me really happy that he took time to do that. Then I realized it's just me that lives there. He has "himself" living next door in a huge mansion with an ex-fling and a few of our mutual, female friends. I clicked on it, and they're all practically naked. He even has our dog living over there with them.

This seems like a joke, but it is very real and very WEIRD. I am seriously concerned. When I looked at the "actions" he could do with one of the mutual friends, it was WooHoo or Try for a Baby. Should I be concerned? Should I tell our friends?

Basically my question is... What the actual gently caress?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My Girlfriend wont stop leaving rubber bands EVERYWHERE
I know this sounds ridiculous and like a non issue but it is driving me crazy. My girlfriend takes home rubber bands from work every single day. Sometimes dozens of them. She leaves them everywhere.

A few examples:

I go to shift my car into drive and there are always a bunch of rubber bands tied around my shift stick. I have a new car with a nice leather shifting thing and there's always loving rubber bands tied around it. I take them off and tell her not to put them there but lo and behold I'll see them there again later.

Just a second ago what set me off to write this post.. I was pouring hot sauce on my breakfast and loving rubber bands fell of the hot sauce container (they were around the bottle) and almost landed in my loving food.

They are always laying around on counters and tied around other poo poo like inanimate objects throughout the house.

I find them on the ground all of the time..

I told her to stop brining them home but it doesn't stop. She's even building a ball out of them now.

I don't know how much longer it will be until I build a god drat rubber band noose and hang my self from the rubber band rafters.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

kimbo305 posted:

Are two stroke moped or scooters less pollutey than a car?

two stroke engines put out an astonishing amount of pollution, WAY more than a modern car. A leafblower pollutes like 1000x the amount of certain pollutants vs a honda civic

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Power Khan posted:

My Girlfriend wont stop leaving rubber bands EVERYWHERE

I don't know how much longer it will be until I build a god drat rubber band noose and hang my self from the rubber band rafters.

I laughed pretty good at this one lol.

Also yeah those small engines put out crazy pollution. It’s pretty astonishing really.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Power Khan posted:

Fiance (28M) made a Sims 4 household with him, an ex-fling and a few of our mutual friends?
We bicker every now and then, but one of us always apologizes soon after.

This is not how a healthy couple handles conflict. Apologies? Bickering? C'mon. You're an adult. Stand for your principles, as petty as they may be. Challenge your partner. Demand the best. Take over a nation and raze their ancestral home. If they apologize, :sever:. Spread the word of their corruption across the land. If you, God forbid, ever have the idea to apologize, just don't. Just leave. Silently. Your shame will shine brighter than the sun, but at least you'll have your dignity. Barely.

But this?

quote:

He is a gamer

What are you doing. He had an actual siren strapped to his head and you still got into this? Cut and run and try to engage in the healthy relationship tips I provided above. Maybe next time you will succeed and crush the world beneath your heel. Until then, you won't have the maturity necessary for a long term relationship.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I can feel how pathetic these people are across the entire atlantic

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Hinterland is a) totally bloody miserable b) quite good and c) possible to follow while colouring in. Doing something else at the same time doesn't mean you're not engaged with the show; I watch a fuckton of procedurals and crime programs and 90% of the time I'm doing something else at the same time (usually embroidery) and perfectly able to follow along. gently caress, sometimes I have netflix on through wireless headphones when I'm at work washing dishes in a busy restaurant* which basically turns these things into radio dramas and you can still follow the drat things

Incidentally they do two recordings of hinterland, one mostly in English airing on the BBC the other mostly in Welsh on Welsh Channel 4, maybe he decided to play the Welsh version with subtitles

*we have our own special washing room, I don't get in the way of chefs or anything

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for walking out on my sister after agreeing to babysit her 3 kids?

quote:

So my sister is 7 years older than I am and due to age difference we were not very close growing up. As adults, we have tried to get closer and she regularly asks me to watch her kids. I don’t mind as I love them all dearly.

So the other day she asked me to come to her house to watch her kids as she needs to go to work. There is a few hour difference between her starting work and her husband coming home.

On this day it is raining cats and dogs. Pouring. I pull into the driveway and race to the front door to get under the awning. I knock on the door and she answers but tells me I can’t come in that door. She wants me to walk around and come in through the garage since it’s raining, meaning I have to get even more wet. I argued with her that she should let me in and not make me walk back out into the rain but she refuses and says she will open the garage door. She closes the front door in my face.

So I head back towards the garage as it is opening but instead hop in my car and leave. She rings my cell and starts screaming at me. She had to call out from her job since she had no sitter. I told her that she treats me differently from everyone else and she would NEVER had done that to one of her friends. So Am I the rear end in a top hat for leaving her stranded with her kids?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That second to last sentence is an unhappy childhood unspoken

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Lucrece posted:

yes. You went nuclear in response to a pretty small slight that could easily have been sorted out with words.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Barudak posted:

That second to last sentence is an unhappy childhood unspoken

OP replied to a post asking for more info and it really tells it all:

OP posted:

There really isn’t. She is a fanatic about her house and does tend to treat me like a second class citizen. Since I was wet I had to come through the garage.

Emphasis mine.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Lucrece posted:

This hinges on whether the younger sister indicated that if she was going to walk back into the rain, she was going to keep on walking.

Edit: forget the hinging. From a previous post where the OP picked up the niece, took her to dance, waited there an hour, and then delivered her home:

quote:

EM: (screaming). “I cant believe how irresponsible you are!! N left her dance bag in your car! What’s wrong with you??? You are irresponsible and I will NEVER LET HER GROW UP TO BE ANYTHING LIKE YOU!!!!!” Then hangs up on me

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Oct 9, 2019

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

Lucrece posted:

NTA Sister the A. "Come in through the servants entrance please, what if someone were to see you use the front door."

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
what happens to us when we die

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

fauna posted:

Posters who die are the worst about never posting updates.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Fatkraken posted:

yes. You went nuclear in response to a pretty small slight that could easily have been sorted out with words.
Naw doing someone a favor and they ask you to use the servants entrance while shutting the door in your face?

Time to go home and let them sort their poo poo out.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

fauna posted:

We go see St. Pete and ask him, “AITA?”

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

fauna posted:

We go to Hell or Hadleysburg, try to make it the former.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I used that as a search term and honestly, it didn't turn up anything great. Except this one. I'm not posting all of it because it's just depressing but the last line made me laugh in an "oh, reddit" kind of way

AITA for deciding not to tell my family that the surgery I'm getting will probably kill me?

quote:

I'm getting a major surgery done in about three weeks and I was told there's a 60-80% chance it will kill me. It's 60% if I do all the things the surgeon told me to do to prepare for the surgery (take supplements, gain weight fast, lots of protein) and I'm following all the rules. So let's say my chances of dying are 60%. That's not great but not too horrible.

body cut for being depressing

EDIT: To all the people who are setting reminders for three weeks (a bit morbid but I understand) you should make it for four weeks. If I survive, I'll need time to recover and get out of the ICU before I come back to Reddit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That's a pretty sad one where from what I see I commend the poster for being lighthearted all things considered. Feel like it'd be a decent idea to tell their family that there's a decent chance they won't survive it and in case they do prepare for the worst even as they hope for the best, and otherwise make their last peace just in case.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My (22F) boyfriend (25F) of 5 years had sex with my mom (57F) was 10 times
EDIT: Excuse the typo in the title, I meant (25M).

Long time lurker. first time poster (using a throwaway account for obvious reasons). TL;DR is basically what the title says. On mobile, so don’t mind my wacky formatting. I don’t even know where to begin because I still can’t comprehend the fact that this situation is real.

So to summarize, from the beginning of September up until last week my boyfriend (bf) and mother had sex on 10 separate occasions, including once on vacation as I slept in the other room. My mother, my bf and myself have lived together for the past 5 years of our relationship. We had (what I thought) was a great relationship. As a preface, my bf was orphaned at a young age and my mom took him in when we started dating and loved him from the beginning. They have always had a close, familial relationship, and would often hang out together in a mother-son type manner that would’ve never raised any suspicions. The affair supposedly only took place over the course of about a month and this all came to light less than 72 hours ago.

According to my bf, this all began this April on a vacation the three of us took with my boyfriends family for a wedding. His brother inquired about the way my mother looked and acted around my bf, basically insinuating that the three of us were in a relationship. Obviously at that point he denied it fervently because nothing happened, but it sparked a curiosity that he would apparently ponder on for months before finally acting on it.

My bf began acting strangely, picking more petty fights and giving less attention to my feelings and our relationship in general. We’ve never been the type of couple to argue, but we started having various arguments that were extremely escalated to the point we would start to get physical. I would even comment mid-fight about the unnecessary escalation and the strange behavior my bf had been exhibiting. All his friends will tell you that whenever he has something that is bothering him, this his standard reaction until he finally admits what his real problem is. Little did I know he was deflecting his cheating shame. This is one example of the many communication issues we had.

Anyways, I know this is a huge breach of trust but his strange behavior led me to look through his phone and I found a good amount of damning evidence. I confronted him and gave him a chance to speak the truth, but he pussyfooted and refused to say much other than a meek apology. He even went as far as to say he “Didn’t care about my feelings”. This confrontation happened on a Saturday, he was kicked out and was staying at a friends house. That following Monday he popped up at my house before work in tears and admitted to me he had cheated two months prior without a condom when he got too drunk downtown with his work buddies. This lead to an emotional roller coaster with the resulting STD testing and helping him find an apartment and car, but my mom expedited the process by loaning him the money. I later came to find out she jumped on the chance to get him out because she knew they had been loving and saw this as a golden opportunity to rid him from our lives without having to own up to what she did. They told me they had planned on burying this and never telling me.

Mind you. my mom has been comforting me the whole time. She had my sleeping in her bed that she broke loving my bf, took me out shopping and dining to keep my mind off the situation. She also was a mediator between my bf and I if he needed anything from the house or needed to contact me. About a week later, I’m on my way home from work and my mom tells me that my bf is at the house and asks if I’ll be okay seeing him when I get there, which I agree to hesitantly. Then the conversation ends, but being her middle-aged self she puts down the phone without fully hanging up (and for some reason I decide to stay on the line and mute myself). The conversation that follows is basically this:

Mom: “Are you going to tell her?” BF: “No, and she’s not going to find out unless you say something” Mom: “You don’t think [my bff female cousin] is going to say anything?”

That’s the heavily redacted version of the conversation before she finally hung up. That was the scariest drive home of my life, but I came home and held a light convo basically praying they would bring up the subject. After about thirty minutes of unrelated small talk. I finally ask the two if there’s anything they want to tell me which they both deny any knowledge of what I’m talking about. I mentioned the phone call, and even threw out a few hypothetical situations with tears (including flat out asking “Did you gently caress my mom?”) which they denied.

The next morning my mom facetimes me and breaks the news in tears. I take it surprisingly well, call my cousin who is relieved because she struggled to hold in the secret and we spoke about what my bf has told her the night before. I go to work, have a regular day, still didn’t shed a single tear. Finally, the following day the situation finally hits me, and I’ve been treating both my mom and bf terribly since (which I feel slightly guilty about, and I’ve been having random crying spells and panic attacks). Btw, the female cousin lives out of state, but we visited her recently for my mother’s birthday in early September. Apparently, by that time the two had already hosed eight times. The ninth was in the hotel bathroom of our double bed room while I lay sleeping on the other side of a door.

Frankly, I’m disgusted with their actions. My mom got secretly tested (apparently he didn’t tell her he hosed another female either, we’re all negative btw) and looked me in my eyes and held me when she found out I was cheated on. Additionally, after she allowed me to read through their sexts, I found out they had sex for the tenth time only a week ago (after she found out he has already cheated on “us”). Idk, I honestly feel like the two of them are monsters and I’m repulsed. I will be going to individual counseling, but my ex-boyfriend is asking if we can go together because of my history of depression he wants to make sure I’m okay. How should I handle this situation? I’m not exactly in a good financial, physical, or mental place to just run away from my life.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

professor metis posted:

I used that as a search term and honestly, it didn't turn up anything great. Except this one. I'm not posting all of it because it's just depressing but the last line made me laugh in an "oh, reddit" kind of way

AITA for deciding not to tell my family that the surgery I'm getting will probably kill me?

4 months and no update :rip:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

DemoneeHo posted:

OP's stupidity is so staggering that i cant really tell if it's real or fake

AITA for making jokes about my teen daughter’s vegan diet?

.....she is extremely thin (5’4 and 125 pounds)......

This is a completely normal and healthy BMI. Oh......

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA for promising my daughter a more expensive birthday gift than her brothers?

....all the way up to Mall of America...

Oh, they're midwest (probably Iowa) fatties. Yeah, she probably is dangerously underweight for there. She could easily be trampled.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kimbo305 posted:

Are two stroke moped or scooters less pollutey than a car?

two strokes burn oil, what a dumb question

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

...whilst...

AITA?

Yes for many reasons, but mostly this.