Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Everybody shut up and watch this

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1179255685059682305

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Not so much when you consider that guys like Vince usually cave in to those they consider superior to them, and Brock is most assuredly someone Vince would regard as superior to him on pretty much every level.

Vince...has the ability to see others as being superior to him?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt0spqQtMKg

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChrisBTY posted:

Vince...has the ability to see others as being superior to him?
He's Trump. He sees himself as superior to everybody, but the moment somebody who has more power than him is in the room, he goes full bootlicker.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

LividLiquid posted:

He's Trump. He sees himself as superior to everybody, but the moment somebody who has more power than him is in the room, he goes full bootlicker.

Also like Trump, he admires assholes (or despots) that will tell him to go gently caress himself and walk away from any negotiations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Brock is ultimately just an athlete though. He has no actual power over Vince except for the power to tell him no.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

ChrisBTY posted:

Brock is ultimately just an athlete though. He has no actual power over Vince except for the power to tell him no.

Which is exactly why Vince pays him so much money and gives Brock so much creative control. Brock has the knowledge of his own self-worth as a draw in MMA or wrestling to tell someone trying to lowball him or screw with him in anyway to go gently caress themselves, while Brock will return to BFE Manitoba on his pile of money, and socialized healthcare.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Also, Brock is a cartoonish muscle man. Combined with what was posted above, he's Vince fetish fuel.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

It sounds like Brock is basically findomming Vince.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bad week to pull the "Orton's the best! Really!" take, Darren

https://twitter.com/realfredrosser/status/1181619397032439808

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
At the end of the day, WWE roster really likes and looks up to Randy including your woke favs. I am sorry but that's the truth. Largely a reformed character, speaks up for the locker room when other main eventers, especially from the previous era, didn't and all he wants to do is going home and hang with his family.

Also, this isn't the first time Darren has said this about Randy.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

rovert posted:

At the end of the day, WWE roster really likes and looks up to Randy including your woke favs. I am sorry but that's the truth. Largely a reformed character.

He said the n word on a video game stream within the last week. If that's reform I'm glad I didn't see him when he was going AWOL.

This is why my "woke faves" (behave yourself) don't wrestle for the bad Saudi propaganda company.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

He said the n word on a video game stream within the last week. If that's reform I'm glad I didn't see him when he was going AWOL.

This is why my "woke faves" (behave yourself) don't wrestle for the bad Saudi propaganda company.

A few of them are likely one private allegation going public away from that facade being shattered.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

rovert posted:

A few of them are likely one private allegation going public away from that facade being shattered.

Good gently caress them too. Out all wrestlers who are bad people.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

zsj is the only woke fav so

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

NienNunb posted:

If only it was that easy and police would listen. There was a wave of a #MeToo type movement on social media about 2 years ago (the Elgin thing & stuff in the UK) it just ended up being a miserable and futile experience. Just resulted in people deciding in being quiet for good. A lot of female fans who used to be heavy into indie Wrestling are no longer around.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

rovert posted:

If only it was that easy and police would listen.

Eternal reminder that (a) 40% of cops in the US beat their spouses (b) the police will almost always side with the abuser over the abused (c) ACAB

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Venomous posted:

Eternal reminder that (a) 40% of cops in the US beat their spouses (b) the police will almost always side with the abuser over the abused (c) ACAB
a) is wrong.

40% of cops have been reported for beating their spouse. gently caress knows how high the actual number is.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

rovert posted:

woke favs.

Lol fucks sake.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

:agreed:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

a) is wrong.

40% of cops have been reported for beating their spouse. gently caress knows how high the actual number is.

:emptyquote:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

If only it was that easy and police would listen. There was a wave of a #MeToo type movement on social media about 2 years ago (the Elgin thing & stuff in the UK) it just ended up being a miserable and futile experience. Just resulted in people deciding in being quiet for good. A lot of female fans who used to be heavy into indie Wrestling are no longer around.
i would strongly advise you against continuing down this path rovert my good man

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Don't get yourself banned again rovert.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hes agreeing with yall

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

hes agreeing with yall

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

i would strongly advise you against continuing down this path rovert my good man

I didn't really intend to. Just putting wrestlers on a pedestal can be pretty foolish and especially those who advertise how virtuous they are in my experience. The business is a work after all.

How do you know they didn't go to WWE, NXT or NXT UK because they wouldn't pass the background check or the locker room has warned off management about their private reputation?

And this isn't to say WWE hasn't hired and continues to hire shitheads either.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'd this like how you told me EC3 was a better person then most woke wrestlers even though EC3 publicly supports Trump?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

boxcarhobo posted:

zsj is the only woke fav so

BORIS loving JOHNSON

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Orton on that live stream was obviously completely idiotic. But he still made it clear to Darren Young when he first came out that he had any issues in the locker room about his sexuality that he should come to him first.

Orton is still good friends with forum favourites Owens and Zayn. And Owens and Zayn are still good friends with forum heels Enzo and Cass. It is possible that people with different politics and personalities to be friends and people are complex. I am sorry.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'd this like how you told me EC3 was a better person then most woke wrestlers even though EC3 publicly supports Trump?

Not what I said hence why you aren't directly quoting me. EC3 is privately very charitable and is very popular with other wrestlers. We've very different politics but I've always have gotten on with him when we spoke about Pro Wrestling.

rovert fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 9, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

wrestling seems like a business where people forgive a lot of poo poo if someone's stuck up for them personally before.

It's hella problematic but they're also out on the road so much with just each other that I can somewhat understand.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Some things never change.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

wrestling seems like a business where people forgive a lot of poo poo if someone's stuck up for them personally before.

It's hella problematic but they're also out on the road so much with just each other that I can somewhat understand.

It is actually possible that Darren Young found humour in what Randy said on the Livestream. Wrestlers aren't easily shocked and/or it likely was written off as "Randy being Randy".

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Yeah and that's pretty much life. I'm sure everyone has someone in their life who they're still close to even though that person might of done something lovely or believes in some really lovely stuff. Proximity, business, and just life in general requires us to compartmentalize and focus on the positives of a person.

But, as a fan looking at wrestlers, I'm pretty comfortable in saying that someone could donate their entire life savings, time, and body to charity and it won't do poo poo if they support genocide.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

rovert posted:

It is actually possible that Darren Young found humour in what Randy said on the Livestream. Wrestlers aren't easily shocked and/or it likely was written off as "Randy being Randy".

Jesus Christ dude

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Jesus Christ dude

I don't get the reply can you elaborate. That's just Pro Wrestling and reality. If it wasn't it wouldn't often be the case. Pro Wrestlers wrestle in front of arenas in their underwear they aren't easily offended, many are jocks and like comedians, they often like shock/sick humour.

I am sorry if that doesn't fit into your personal world view but that's life.

Edit

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah and that's pretty much life. I'm sure everyone has someone in their life who they're still close to even though that person might of done something lovely or believes in some really lovely stuff. Proximity, business, and just life in general requires us to compartmentalize and focus on the positives of a person.

But, as a fan looking at wrestlers, I'm pretty comfortable in saying that someone could donate their entire life savings, time, and body to charity and it won't do poo poo if they support genocide.

We are basically saying the same thing here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
im no rovert booster but

yea ok posted:

hes agreeing with yall

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm going to walk back a bit and give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not trying to tell people they shouldn't be offended because Darren Young wasn't. Even though we have absolutely no way of knowing if he was or not and we shouldn't trust a PR tweet from WWE to tell the truth. I'm assuming you're just trying to explain what Darren Young was thinking or doing and it's coming across very poorly. But that his actions are not a guide to how others should feel or react and that it's acceptable to be mad at Orton for using a word that is an implicit death threat to a lot of people in the United States.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I thought I did move on from that, jesus WEP?

Anyway, I think we actually largely agree and understand each other just we are just coming from different places.

Nothing I've said here can't be observed by reading a couple of Wrestling autobiographies and shoot interviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
nvm

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 9, 2019