Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
This is a lovely and stupid argument.

e: lmao cool snipe. I mean the "how old is too old to learn bush was bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I feel like people are willfully misinterpreting that tweet. It's not like she's saying "woah guys, I just found out Bush was actually bad, isn't that crazy?"

I'm an American who hates his loving guts, and even years later, there are still things that I'll occasionally learn that surprise me by just how relentlessly awful he was in so many completely different ways.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BaxtiyarGoran/status/1181922948292251649?s=20

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

fool_of_sound posted:

Bicker about anything and everything
to distract from the atrocities about to happen to our allies we just threw into the dictatorial woodchipper.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

fool_of_sound posted:

I mean, it’s always applicable :shrug:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Boy watching a NATO member commit war crimes because we couldn't be bothered to leave a few hundred troops in place sure is something.

Paradoxish fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 9, 2019

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I think what a lot of people are grappling with is that GWB isn't an obscure warlord in a small country that did a few warcrimes a long time ago, or a shadowy billionaire who funded some gross fascist campaigns or something; but a pretty iconic figure of destruction whose administration very recently and very publicly killed and repressed a lot of people, whose fiscal policies precipitated one of the worst financial crashes in global history and whose legacy is one of authoritarianism, nationalism and militarism that has helped usher us to the brink of outright fascism in the US and has encouraged the same in most of the rest of the developed world. Everyone should know who he is because his political philosophies and actions had horrible consequences that in some way effect, or has effected, most of the world's population.

Still though, welcome everyone who was asleep politically and are now becoming outraged. It's the same commentary parroted in this thread about voting - we aren't trying to carve off conservatives but win over non-voters. Not sure how else we win otherwise.

edit I know she isn't American; ftr

skylined! fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 9, 2019

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Riptor posted:

I have to say though, I'm very impressed with the extensive twitter thread Jameela Jamil's sister posted about the long-term implications of George W Bush's foreign policy

Link please? Need to shut some people up on FB

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So I'm assuming this is being live broadcast on all the major news networks right now, right

Surely they're not quietly sweeping this nightmarish situation under the rug and are hammering home just how bad this is about to get, right

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

This is so absolutely hosed :(

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

So I'm assuming this is being live broadcast on all the major news networks right now, right

Surely they're not quietly sweeping this nightmarish situation under the rug and are hammering home just how bad this is about to get, right

it's the top story running on the websites cnn (us) and nbc news at the moment, as well as the BBC and Reuters and APNews

fox of course is running with trump

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
We can talk about both things.

People are dumb for making GBS threads on a 33 year-old British celeb for only learning Bush was bad now. Given how few Americans vote, and how often we have said in this thread that most Americans are only loosely following the terrible poo poo Trump is doing openly, it seems pretty hypocritical to poo poo on a foreigner for not paying enough attention when she was a teenager/young adult.

Remember that Bush and his team were competent monsters, unlike Trump. A lot of the poo poo we found out only came after-the-fact, and he was promptly memory-holed after he left office.

As for Trump, I don’t want to speculate but it really does seem like he knows he is done and he is doing all of next years crimes now.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Is this real?

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/1181803982529814528?s=20

What the gently caress happened to him??

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181932207767789571

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I feel it is almost inevitable that ISIS attacks and frees their imprisoned soldiers

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trump has ordered the US Military to not help with the current attack.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

SENPAI (Daddy) NOTICED ME!

Is it wierd for a moment I thought he was just quoting himself?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rex-Goliath posted:

Is this real?

he's wearing an eggar suit.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Party Plane Jones posted:

it's the top story running on the websites cnn (us) and nbc news at the moment, as well as the BBC and Reuters and APNews

fox of course is running with trump

Granted, DJT was always going to gently caress things up, we have been waiting for the strikes for the past 72 hours, and Turkey never indicated any other course of action, so where the gently caress is the rest of NATO or the UN for that matter. This is nuts.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

BonoMan posted:

This may be a Good Place reference.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slowpoke! posted:

Remember that Bush and his team were competent monsters, unlike Trump. A lot of the poo poo we found out only came after-the-fact, and he was promptly memory-holed after he left office.

Bush was hated, well known to be a liar, and had numerous smokes going up about how it was all bullshit. People knew. People knew the extent of what he was doing but didn't have any way of proving it. The poo poo after-the-fact just gave the proof of what people knew. That's massively different from what you are saying here.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Slowpoke! posted:

We can talk about both things.

Why isn't the British lady protecting the Kurds?

Rex-Goliath posted:

Is this real?

I guess after Jeopardy he became a Twitter star? Sad.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Asema posted:

Trump has ordered the US Military to not help with the current attack.

Since when the gently caress does Turkey order us to do loving anything?

Jesus christ, he has completely destroyed any foreign affairs clout the US had

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Rex-Goliath posted:

Is this real?

Just guessing but he went to his barber and said "Just gently caress me up - make it look as comically bad as possible"

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

BonoMan posted:

Its a Good Place joke.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TulliusCicero posted:

Like has been said: For someone not compromised or controlled by the Russians, he sure is doing exactly what they want.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Orange skull complaining that the impeachment inquiry is unconstitutional is just icing on the loving cake. The GOP changed house rules so that a vote is not needed to start an impeachment inquiry, probably in preparation to impeach Hillary if she had won, and it is now helicopter dicking them in the face. poo poo they did themselves is continuing to come back and bite them and I love it.

edit: My bad, facts weren't entirely accurate. Leaving the post because I really enjoyed using helicopter dicking as a verb :v:

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 9, 2019

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

BREAKING: everything

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Turkey has been given free reign, as the president ordered the Airforce to cut the flights.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Munkeymon posted:

Just guessing but he went to his barber and said "Just gently caress me up - make it look as comically bad as possible"

it's not so much the haircut (since his are always comically bad) but the skin hanging off his face. it's like he aged two decades in a year. he's only 55.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Farking Bastage posted:

Orange skull complaining that the impeachment inquiry is unconstitutional is just icing on the loving cake. The GOP changed house rules so that a vote is not needed to start an impeachment inquiry, probably in preparation to impeach Hillary if she had won, and it is now helicopter dicking them in the face. poo poo they did themselves is continuing to come back and bite them and I love it.

eke out posted:

this is not correct.

you can go look at the lawfare explainer if you want to learn the actual reason it's largely unnecessary, but please don't post unsourced factually inaccurate poo poo

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

osker posted:

Granted, DJT was always going to gently caress things up, we have been waiting for the strikes for the past 72 hours, and Turkey never indicated any other course of action, so where the gently caress is the rest of NATO or the UN for that matter. This is nuts.

'The rest of NATO' is basically the EU, who will certainly say the violence needs to stop, blah blah blah, but who have basically no military projection power or other means to stop what is happening.

And then the EU will refuse to help the resulting Kurdish refugees and elect a few more far-right madmen

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Yeah, thanks for voting the bastard in

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nonsense posted:

Turkey has been given free reign, as the president ordered the Airforce to cut the flights.

https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1181929592254283784?s=20

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Asema posted:

Bush was hated, well known to be a liar, and had numerous smokes going up about how it was all bullshit. People knew. People knew the extent of what he was doing but didn't have any way of proving it. The poo poo after-the-fact just gave the proof of what people knew. That's massively different from what you are saying here.

No seriously, I work with Brits and many of them don’t fully get the depths of how hosed Bush was. How many of us learned the ins and outs of Britain, Brexit notwithstanding, at that era? Additionally, while nearly handicapped. With less resources then as we have now.

Hell, how many Americans do you know with that depth of knowledge about Bush era nonsense?

Like Jesus Christ JAJ is really decent on a lot of things, god forbid she’s learning now, loving take a hike.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So where do the Kurdish refugees go? Southern Syria? Iraq?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Careful might lose his job for drawing that.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

TulliusCicero posted:

There's pretty much no question that this is what happened. Erdogan said "we're doing this" and Trump backed down rather than allowing any kind of confrontation between Turkish and US troops.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Isn't Gowdy the guy who had a different, "trendy" haircut designed to desperately hide his receding hairline on each and every one of his televised appearances? How'd he let himself go that severely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Rex-Goliath posted:

Is this real?

Fake but he still looks like poo poo & Ken Jennings stole the obvious joke.

https://twitter.com/GaryLegum/status/1172684540604813313?s=20