Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

BJW are announcing matches for their Sumo Hall show and they're doing

Yuji Hino & Yuji Okabayashi vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & WALTER

Uh oh...

looking forward to WWE pulling WALTER once they find out about the death matches on the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tozawa was in an intergender match on an fcp show with deathmatches

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

tozawa was in an intergender match on an fcp show with deathmatches

You're right.

They'd pull Walter from the BJW show for an NXT UK taping before the death matches.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ultimo Dragon has announced he's going to run a Toryumon-branded show at Korakuen on 31st January. To quote the DG English language Facebook, "he also hopes that any Toryumon graduate that is able to appear will do so", though so far at least there's only 5 names confirmed: Don Fujii, Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito, & Genki Horiguchi from Dragon Gate and Toru Owashi who is mostly DDT based.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

forkboy84 posted:

Ultimo Dragon has announced he's going to run a Toryumon-branded show at Korakuen on 31st January. To quote the DG English language Facebook, "he also hopes that any Toryumon graduate that is able to appear will do so", though so far at least there's only 5 names confirmed: Don Fujii, Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito, & Genki Horiguchi from Dragon Gate and Toru Owashi who is mostly DDT based.

don’t expect Stronghearts, SUWA or TARU. Everyone else, including Magu, are on the table.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Does Okada count?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

AJPW announced the Real World Tag League teams

Violent Giants (Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa)
The Bomber (Joe Doering & Dylan James)
NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi)
Zeus & Ryouji Sai
Jake Lee & Naoya Nomura
Daisuke Sekimoto & The Bodyguard
Takashi Yoshida & Gianni Valletta
TAJIRI & KAI
Yoshitatsu & Joel Redman
The End (Parrow & Odinson)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yoshida and Valletta may very well have been engineered to make the single least appealing tag team ever to me personally.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Bummed by a lack of Okabayashi.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

Bummed by a lack of Okabayashi.

A peace offering

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
BEEF

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Big Guns :(

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Can I ask for a brief description/writeup of AJPW, NOAH, and DDT? I'm interested in their styles and direction, compared to, say, NJPW. The most I know is that NOAH broke off from AJPW, DDT does a lot of weird comedy matches, but that's it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Can I ask for a brief description/writeup of AJPW, NOAH, and DDT? I'm interested in their styles and direction, compared to, say, NJPW. The most I know is that NOAH broke off from AJPW, DDT does a lot of weird comedy matches, but that's it.

AJPW usually favours bigger boys, a lot of their matches tend to be chop fests. The big exception being their ace Kento Miyahara who is very much in the Tanahashi mould. They put a stronger emphasis on tag team wrestling than most companies and their tag league is one of the highlights of the year. The junior division is judokas and technicians. They don't book around big shows, instead booking their calendar around their four big tournaments. The highlight of the undercards are usually comedy matches involving Masanobu Fuchi, Jun Akiyama, Atsushi Maruyama and Black Menso~te.

NOAH is more similar to NJPW in approach with longer main events in the puro epic vein. They have far more kick based offence than NJPW does. The tag division is also far stronger than NJPW's and this year has been dominated by AXIZ (Go Shiozaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima). The junior division is one of the best around. Right now it's booked around a faction war between Ratel's and Stinger. They have a big Sumo Hall show on November 2nd that would be a good jumping in point.

DDT is primarily known for comedy, but they also are really good at turning out excellent mat based technicians. The current ace of the company is Konosuke Takeshita, who is one of the best in the world but also not so popular among the fanbase because it turns out puro ace is not a character archetype that appeals to DDT fans. Even when their matches aren't pure comedy, they are often incredibly creative. My favourite match of the year was a single light tube match in DDT where breaking the light tube meant losing the match. The comedy undercards are often an easier watch than the endless multiman tags in the other promotions but their big shows have a tendency to run extremely long, like 6-7 hours with the dark matches.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

AJPW usually favours bigger boys, a lot of their matches tend to be chop fests. The big exception being their ace Kento Miyahara who is very much in the Tanahashi mould. They put a stronger emphasis on tag team wrestling than most companies and their tag league is one of the highlights of the year. The junior division is judokas and technicians. They don't book around big shows, instead booking their calendar around their four big tournaments. The highlight of the undercards are usually comedy matches involving Masanobu Fuchi, Jun Akiyama, Atsushi Maruyama and Black Menso~te.

NOAH is more similar to NJPW in approach with longer main events in the puro epic vein. They have far more kick based offence than NJPW does. The tag division is also far stronger than NJPW's and this year has been dominated by AXIZ (Go Shiozaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima). The junior division is one of the best around. Right now it's booked around a faction war between Ratel's and Stinger. They have a big Sumo Hall show on November 2nd that would be a good jumping in point.

DDT is primarily known for comedy, but they also are really good at turning out excellent mat based technicians. The current ace of the company is Konosuke Takeshita, who is one of the best in the world but also not so popular among the fanbase because it turns out puro ace is not a character archetype that appeals to DDT fans. Even when their matches aren't pure comedy, they are often incredibly creative. My favourite match of the year was a single light tube match in DDT where breaking the light tube meant losing the match. The comedy undercards are often an easier watch than the endless multiman tags in the other promotions but their big shows have a tendency to run extremely long, like 6-7 hours with the dark matches.

All of those sound cool! I think what NJPW is lacking at the most is a proper tag division (not the endless exhibition multi-man tags) with stakes. I might see them for myself, since I'm freeing up some money by getting rid of my Adobe Photography Plan subscription. Is there English commentary?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
ddt has no english, but a lot of the time it doesn't have japanese either i don't think? if it does i tend to not notice it, and i really don't think it needs it.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
No English commentary: DDT have a semi-official English twitter that live tweets shows but that’s as close as you’ll get.

If you’re looking for English commentary: Dragon Gate did for Kobe World and last I learned planned to do more: and Gatoh Move has live English commentary if you want very niche Joshi

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Yeah, Dragon Gate just announced The Gate of Destiny on 4th November will have English commentary.

The good/bad thing about following NOAH is they've got no streaming service so you really will just be following it by a combination of shows they stream live on their Youtube and stuff people record from Japanese TV and put on sites like Daily Motion & Rutube. So it's a cheap follow

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

All of those sound cool! I think what NJPW is lacking at the most is a proper tag division (not the endless exhibition multi-man tags) with stakes. I might see them for myself, since I'm freeing up some money by getting rid of my Adobe Photography Plan subscription. Is there English commentary?

No English commentary any more for DDT but some of their shows from last year have it. DDT also has a great six man tag division with their top faction ALL OUT having some fantastic matches this year with Strong Hearts, Sendai Girls and BASARA.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If what you're looking for is variety DDT has pretty much every style you could ever imagine in the promotion. They're a pretty-catch-all promotion that has death matches, comedy, women's wrestling, Kenny Omega/Ibushi, Big Boys, and just about everything under the sun. Can't guarantee you'll like everything they've got going on at this second but I can absolutely promise you there's a style you'll like with hours of content in their archives.

Daisuke Sekimoto's KO-D championship is worth price of admission. Then you've got the Kota Ibushi/Kenny Omega matches, you've got TJPW Joshi matches, you've got comedy, you've got hardcore, you've got "Anywhere" matches, you've got NJPW epic style matches. Pretty much any genre of wrestling you can think of, DDT has.

The biggest downside is no English commentary at all, but they've got unofficial blogs and twitter account that can fill in the blanks and there's enough goons here that can tell you which shows to watch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

D-Oh Grand Prix 2020 Blocks:

A Block:
Konosuke Takeshita
Tetsuya Endo
Keisuke Ishii
Yuki Ueno
Yuki Iino
Chris Brookes
Chihiro Hashimoto

B Block:
HARASHIMA
Daisuke Sasaki
Soma Takao
Yukio Sakaguchi
Naomi Yoshimura
Bull James
Masato Tanaka

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says OWE's done in China, staff and wrestlers have moved on, and plan is to relaunch eventually in Cambodia

CIMA and T-Hawk will continue working for AEW and are working on Lindaman coming back
T-Hawk and Lindaman are working for Wrestle-1 and Big Japan

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

D-Oh Grand Prix 2020 Blocks:

A Block:
Konosuke Takeshita
Tetsuya Endo
Keisuke Ishii
Yuki Ueno
Yuki Iino
Chris Brookes
Chihiro Hashimoto

B Block:
HARASHIMA
Daisuke Sasaki
Soma Takao
Yukio Sakaguchi
Naomi Yoshimura
Bull James
Masato Tanaka

The guests are mostly great other than Bull James. Masato goddamn Tanaka, yessir.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Schneider Heim posted:

GWB broke down All Japan about as well as you can. I just wanted to add that I’m watching the main matches from the Champion Carnival this year and they had so many great matches. I’m having a blast watching the highlights of the promotion.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave says OWE's done in China, staff and wrestlers have moved on, and plan is to relaunch eventually in Cambodia

CIMA and T-Hawk will continue working for AEW and are working on Lindaman coming back
T-Hawk and Lindaman are working for Wrestle-1 and Big Japan

Dave is just going off of the rumor that’s going around and didn’t reach out at all to OWE. Things aren’t looking great for them, but the full story that’s going to come out isn’t just “the company is done and rebooting in Cambodia.@

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr6NOsluHYg

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The guests are mostly great other than Bull James. Chihiro goddamn Hashimoto, yessir.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

No English commentary any more for DDT but some of their shows from last year have it. DDT also has a great six man tag division with their top faction ALL OUT having some fantastic matches this year with Strong Hearts, Sendai Girls and BASARA.

please don't forget MLX with my boys MAO and Mike Bailey

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
A Block is going to rule, goddamn.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Dave is just going off of the rumor that’s going around and didn’t reach out at all to OWE. Things aren’t looking great for them, but the full story that’s going to come out isn’t just “the company is done and rebooting in Cambodia.@

https://nuclearconvoydotcom.wordpress.com/2019/10/11/amidst-negativity-owe-strives-to-find-a-path-forward/

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: nm, think I leapt without looking here

Venomous fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 12, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/fxkdreaming/status/1183080449754746880

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I still don't know why they tried international expansion so soon when the company was clearly unproven and barely established in China, that always felt like a disaster waiting to happen.

Benne fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Oct 12, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

There's plenty around OWE which warrants criticism, questions around their business practices, but CIMA hates American wrestling and Americans is certainly an interesting take considering he's regarded by people like The Bucks as a huge fan of US indy wrestling who gave them their first break outside of North America. Ditto all sorts of other guys from Ricochet, Generico, Sydal, Jack Evans, etc. That claim alone is nonsense enough to raise questions about the rest of it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

so I already gave my stance on twitter, but there’s a ton of inaccuracies in this rant that discount the valid points they are making (talent contracts and the nxt worker (most likely zeda zhang) mostly). It reeks of someone who was unhappy with owe and just unloaded based on their relationship with CIMA. CIMA is no angel, don’t get me wrong, but this was pretty much the person “Signal Boosting” this not caring about vetting or biases and clearly caring about engagement.

anyways here’s the thread validating some of what the rant was and throughly debunking the rest. click through for case lowe and my responses https://twitter.com/_inyourcase/status/1183091666040901633?s=21

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

This would be one hell of a scoop because the reports have been out for weeks and we have people leaking that conditions in Cambodia are horrible. They are pretty clearly done in China and all of the ideas to expand are bombing. Which is a shame, and a sign that no one is ever going to break into China.

CIMA being anti-American is silly though it's clearly not true.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's a shame because some of the guys in OWE seemed like they could have been bigger names. sucks to see it fail and turn into such a mess.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Japan Ryogokutan 2019 Nov. 4 card:

Ryota Hama, Yasufumi Nakanoue and Kazuki Hashimoto vs Takuho Kato, Akira Hyodo and Yuki Ishikawa
Great Kojika, The Great Sasuke, Brahman Shu, Brahman Kei and Kankuro Hoshino vs Abdullah Kobayashi, Hideki Suzuki, Shinobu, Orca Uto and Drew Parker
Ryuichi Kawakami and Kazumi Kikuta vs Jake Lee and Naoya Nomura
Hideyoshi Kamitani, Takuya Nomura and Fuminori Abe vs Shigehiro Irie, T-Hawk and El Lindaman
Rickey Shane Page and Masaya Takahashi vs Masashi Takeda and Takumi Tsukamoto in a tax trip deathmatch
Yuya Aoki defends the junior title in a fourway against TAJIRI, Tatsuhiko Yoshino and Kota Sekifuda
Daisuke Sekimoto and WALTER vs Yuji Okabayashi and Yuji Hino
Ryuji Ito and Takashi Sasaki vs Jun Kasai and Toshiyuki Sakuda in a BLOOD & DEATH HISTORY deathmatch
Kohei Sato defends the Strong world title against Daichi Hashimoto
Isami Kodaka defends the Deathmatch title against Yuko Miyamoto in a 4 Board Giga Ladder deathmatch

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Can't believe they'd ruin a perfectly great card with Daichi in the strong title match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

What's the deal with Daichi Hashimoto anyway? I remember when he debuted and everyone was real excited about him. Is he really that bad?