Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

packetmantis posted:

That final :psyduck: How do you see Pele and not immediately think Hawaii?

I'm almost certain most people would see Pele and think Brazil.

To be fair, I didnt get it. I knew it was a volcano but didnt know which one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Island Nation posted:

I'm almost certain most people would see Pele and think Brazil.

To be fair, I didnt get it. I knew it was a volcano but didnt know which one

Same, I was blanking on the name of the volcano as well.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I knew it was the volcano on the Big Island but I blanked on the name.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Still astonished by an 18 game run by someone who never felt unbeatable. I liked him.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Poque posted:

Still astonished by an 18 game run by someone who never felt unbeatable. I liked him.
19 -- had he won the game he lost, he would have tied Julia Collins.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Seriously, I immediately thought of of Kilauea, considering it's pretty much the only volcano I can think of when you will see activity.

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!

Poque posted:

Yeah, sad to see him go. Had a humility in a way James didn’t (but wasn’t as good). By the way I’m remaking Crystalex. Was reading the old thread from 2004 and you had nice things to say.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Orzo posted:

Yeah, sad to see him go. Had a humility in a way James didn’t (but wasn’t as good). By the way I’m remaking Crystalex. Was reading the old thread from 2004 and you had nice things to say.

Oh wow I was trying to find the original game a little while ago because some of those tracks STILL get stuck in my head. Do you have it up anywhere?

Poque fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 17, 2022

Orzo
Sep 3, 2004

IT! IT is confusing! Say your goddamn pronouns!
edit: removed

Orzo fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 13, 2021

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Thanks a ton, will do!

To bounce back to Jeopardy, Monday was a hell of a game. All three contestants had huge scores going into final, I was glad to see the champ pull it out as she seems pretty cool.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
So I can watch the last 2 episodes on the jeopardy website right? I keep falling asleep during wheel of fortune; this week has suuuuucked.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

So I can watch the last 2 episodes on the jeopardy website right? I keep falling asleep during wheel of fortune; this week has suuuuucked.

Jeopardy has like, no legal streaming options. Only legal way is DVR. Legit a big reason my wife and I still have cable.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I have ~3 weeks of episodes saved in my YouTubeTV library from my local channel so if you really want to consider it know that it is possible to sort of DVR with the basically cable streaming options.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I DVR it off the over-the-air broadcast :smug:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That was possibly the worst game of Jeopardy I've ever seen.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
god drat it a jeopardy with both music and baseball categories and both were almost untouched during the game.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Poque posted:

That was possibly the worst game of Jeopardy I've ever seen, holy poo poo

oh, and *i* had to get jason. i couldn't have had THESE people

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

That was possibly the worst game of Jeopardy I've ever seen, holy poo poo

Even my wife, who only half pays attention while watching with me agrees. Going into final she said "why are the scores all so low, these people all suck."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

tinaun posted:

god drat it a jeopardy with both music and baseball categories and both were almost untouched during the game.

Probably done on purpose so they could save some money is my joke answer

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I actually genuinely feel like they've made the questions more difficult since James' run. There have been categories that have been more difficult, and a lot of like $400 clues that I felt were far more difficult than they used to be.

But that might just be anecdotal bias or whatever and I'm just forgetting about all the old $400 clues that I didn't get right.

(I'm saying this without having seen the episode from yesterday I'm still so far behind)

Spokes posted:

oh, and *i* had to get jason. i couldn't have had THESE people
LOL

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
When they failed to buzz in on like five consecutive questions (answers) and STILL jumped around randomly between categories choosing high-value selections I was just SCREAMING at the tv

Almost the entirety of single jeopardy was cut off on our DVR recording and ultimately it was a blessing. Yeesh.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Kara on today's show did that stupid valley girl "shug and turn to the side while talking" thing and it triggers me. She seemed nice otherwise though.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 5, 2019

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Watched the episode from a couple weeks ago with the guy with the world's most American tie.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Sounds like it's getting bad. I can't imagine the show without him.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1181240029089280000?s=19

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What a bunch of ding-dongs

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Pretty sure those Tetris block names were a Photoshop. Also Trebek messed up the Pacman ghost names

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

After commercial Alex came back and corrected his mistake on the Pac-Man ghosts

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Poque posted:

Pretty sure those Tetris block names were a Photoshop.

Don't tell me a fake meme from the past month ended up being a question...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

you broke my grill posted:

After commercial Alex came back and corrected his mistake on the Pac-Man ghosts

Oh that's good, we musta fast forwarded through that.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Sounds like it's getting bad. I can't imagine the show without him.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1181240029089280000?s=19

Pancreatic cancer is almost always a death sentence, and it getting caught so late--I think it was Stage 4--really didn't bode well for him. I'm glad he's getting treatment, and it's not like he has a heavy work schedule (since Jeopardy! only tapes two days a week), but nearing 80, he will need to slow down sooner than later.

Today's episode was actually the first one in which I was able to hear the slurring in his speech that he mentioned in his interview, and it was pretty blatant. It's a huge bummer, but ... all good things must come to an end.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Edit: Double post.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Timby posted:

Pancreatic cancer is almost always a death sentence, and it getting caught so late--I think it was Stage 4--really didn't bode well for him. I'm glad he's getting treatment, and it's not like he has a heavy work schedule (since Jeopardy! only tapes two days a week), but nearing 80, he will need to slow down sooner than later.

Today's episode was actually the first one in which I was able to hear the slurring in his speech that he mentioned in his interview, and it was pretty blatant. It's a huge bummer, but ... all good things must come to an end.

Has there been talk of a replacement?

simble
May 11, 2004

How dare you...

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
A rare misfire for the Jeopardy fact checkers

https://kotaku.com/jeopardy-airs-a-hilariously-incorrect-bit-of-tetris-tr-1838889592

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like Orange Ricky

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Has there been talk of a replacement?

If you tweet that LeVar Burton should do it, he'll probably retweet you!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I felt bad for Rahul last night, he was spamming the buzzer like crazy on every question but rarely got a chance.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

AFewBricksShy posted:

I felt bad for Rahul last night, he was spamming the buzzer like crazy on every question but rarely got a chance.

Same, but he was kind of doing a wind up with his arm before buzzing instead of just twitching his thumb. Probably what gave his much less animated opponents a split second advantage. They warned us at the audition about exactly that happening when giving instructions on the buzzers before the practice games.

In other news, part of my motivation for switching to hulu live tv over sling is that I can record Jeopardy with their cloud dvr. So nice to get my daily fix again.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

I laughed really hard at this, especially at the idea that the writers saw "Orange Ricky" and didn't think to investigate further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm going to have to start streaming jeopardy or something because I can't take these Trump Ukraine ads my local affiliate airs during the show.