Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Has the SDF announced anything wrt the detained ISIS fighters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So when do we get to call trump's order to withdrawal 'aiding and abetting'?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

mango sentinel posted:

They’re probably guarding them with skeleton crews.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

mango sentinel posted:

They can't spare anyone to make sure they stay detained so unless they shot all 12,000 of them, they're going to link up with the rest of ISIS at some point

skylined! posted:

So when do we get to call trump's order to withdrawal 'aiding and abetting'?

And giving comfort to the enemy

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Edit:doublepost

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Republicans love Nazis so its not much of a stretch for them to start loving ISIS.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Republicans love Nazis so its not much of a stretch for them to start loving ISIS.

jack prilosec has been tweeting about how evil the YPG is for training antifa.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1181934941992562688

(needless to say he used to tweet about how much we have to support the kurds)

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

mango sentinel posted:

Sounds like the prison camps will riot ahead of likely liberation.

https://twitter.com/vvanwilgenburg/status/1181959147019014144?s=21

ThanosWasRight
May 12, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RuanGacho posted:

:allears:
So are we the serious political discussion forum or not?

Because either this is serious, and gently caress that or it's not and 4chan lulz.

I'm dead serious. I wake up every morning to see the horrific news that constantly, inevitably berates me and all I see is death and destruction and suffering and nothing ever positive ever happens and I realize more and more every single day there is not single good thing that mankind has ever done ever and we all deserve to die.

My life is hosed I mean I don't get pleasure from anything anymore. I don't watch tv and I don't watch movies and I don't read books I just watch in horror as everything gets worse and worse and worse.

Every single decision I made in my life I hedged on things that are now unpopular and going by the wayside. Immigration, multiculturalism, kindness, love. That's all dead.

Everything I support loses and fails. Every brand of politics I like, ends up losing, and those who hate and want to destroy it wins. Every sports team I support loses. Every person I like or friend I make ends up homeless or in the streets. I am cursed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ThanosWasRight posted:

I'm dead serious. I wake up every morning to see the horrific news that constantly, inevitably berates me and all I see is death and destruction and suffering and nothing ever positive ever happens and I realize more and more every single day there is not single good thing that mankind has ever done ever and we all deserve to die.

My life is hosed I mean I don't get pleasure from anything anymore. I don't watch tv and I don't watch movies and I don't read books I just watch in horror as everything gets worse and worse and worse.

Every single decision I made in my life I hedged on things that are now unpopular and going by the wayside. Immigration, multiculturalism, kindness, love. That's all dead.

Everything I support loses and fails. Every brand of politics I like, ends up losing, and those who hate and want to destroy it wins. Every sports team I support loses. Every person I like or friend I make ends up homeless or in the streets. I am cursed.

Stop reading this thread and see a therapist

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ThanosWasRight posted:

Take a break from the internet. Maybe see a therapist.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Heartbreaking

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status/1046179601657913344

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, THANOS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME AVENGER BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'RE THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS PERSON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 3 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 9, 2019

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

ThanosWasRight posted:

Please seek help; professional help if possible. You sound like you could benefit from some time with a therapist. No fooling.

tigersklaw
May 8, 2008

ThanosWasRight posted:

Everything I support loses and fails..Every sports team I support loses...I am cursed.

Have you heard of the New England Patriots? I recommend using your powers on them.

But seriously, you should get offline and talk to someone ASAP if you are feeling like that :( I’m sorry and I hope your life turns around for the better

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

For all of the absolutely horrific poo poo that is going on and coming from Trump et al, days like today I'm still just absolutely stunned that the President of the United States spends so much time on Twitter and consuming cable news. I know it's nothing new and in large part why he won in the first place, but it still just seems so crazy to watch him tweet incoherent poo poo constantly as he's literally responsible for the death toll in Syria right now.

Like, the Kurds are facing literal "extermination" because of him and he's tweeting Sean Hannity. It just boggles my mind.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

ThanosWasRight posted:

Your mind is catastrophizing irrationally. Seek medication from a doctor (SSRIs helped me a ton) and therapy if necessary. You don't have to feel this way.

Also, submersing yourself in bad news all day online can definitely be a trigger for depression and anxiety, take a break for a bit

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Avi_Bueno/status/1181720022030454789
https://twitter.com/Avi_Bueno/status/1181725534096629761
https://twitter.com/Avi_Bueno/status/1181809554721562627
https://twitter.com/Avi_Bueno/status/1181924238774681602
https://twitter.com/Avi_Bueno/status/1181930406205181952

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Ralepozozaxe posted:

It certainly wouldn't be a stretch to believe Trump is hoping for a terrorist attack on US soil before 2020 in hopes the country will rally behind him to re-elect him. I mean he just executed the Kurds to try and distract from impeachment, now that that didn't work for him I'm sure he's wondering what other cards he can play to stoke blind nationalism in his favor.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

What the hell happened to the GOP that this poo poo with Turkey isn't causing them to immediately turn on Trump? Are they really hitching their entire party to an isolationist ~20% of the population?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Didn't really think Bring back ISIS was gonna be a thing he did

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

tokyo reject posted:

It certainly wouldn't be a stretch to believe Trump is hoping for a terrorist attack on US soil before 2020 in hopes the country will rally behind him to re-elect him. I mean he just executed the Kurds to try and distract from impeachment, now that that didn't work for him I'm sure he's wondering what other cards he can play to stoke blind nationalism in his favor.

Another 9/11 isn't going to be a credit to the sitting president again.

Bush was given a pass by the public at large because the average person didn't think terrorism was a threat (which is ridiculous, the executive should be prepared for all sorts of scenarios that the public isn't). Now, "protecting us from terrorists" is seen by the public as part of the president's job. It would hurt him more than help, I think.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Another 9/11 isn't going to be a credit to the sitting president again.

Bush was given a pass by the public at large because the average person didn't think terrorism was a threat (which is ridiculous, the executive should be prepared for all sorts of scenarios that the public isn't). Now, "protecting us from terrorists" is seen by the public as part of the president's job. It would hurt him more than help, I think.

Especially since Bush used the attack to say "See!? We totally need to get more involved in this" and Trump is running on "gently caress em, let them kill each other. Not our problem."

Once poo poo starts blowing up here, it very quickly becomes our problem.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

tokyo reject posted:

Never credit Trump with any foresight, even if you could imagine a scheme that benefits him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

tokyo reject posted:

I feel like it wouldnt help him though. he would gently caress up the response badly. like at least W managed to look sad and poo poo and all that important stuff. trump would just vacantly smile and probably talk about impeachment.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

KillHour posted:

What the hell happened to the GOP that this poo poo with Turkey isn't causing them to immediately turn on Trump? Are they really hitching their entire party to an isolationist ~20% of the population?

They think they can get by saying "Save are troops" when the troops were not really in harm's way in the first place and their presence was mostly about deterrence anyways.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I feel like it wouldnt help him though. he would gently caress up the response badly. like at least W managed to look sad and poo poo and all that important stuff. trump would just vacantly smile and probably talk about impeachment.

"The liberal fake media did this to make me look bad! I've been saying they're terrorists all along!"

pacerhimself posted:

They think they can get by saying "Save are troops" when the troops were not really in harm's way in the first place and their presence was mostly about deterrence anyways.

The point was more they've been beating on the "We need to save the Christian minority in the Middle East from those evil Muslims!" since forever. And now Trump is just shrugging and saying "Of course Turkey is going to murder the Kurds. Not our problem."

KillHour fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 9, 2019

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

KillHour posted:

i dont think they will back him on this least not the senate. to many neohawks and neocons love the kurds and such.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

He'll be retweeting crank crisis actor conspiracy sites in between holes at the golf course.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Rita_Katz/status/1181964825171255297

:smith:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

jesus. how many died?

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus. how many died?

I believe 2:

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/germany-shooting-halle/index.html

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus. how many died?

Two so far

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lets hope it stays that low.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181969511697788928

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181968273333719041

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol someone showed him the generic number of people that want any president impeached.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

At this point, his handlers are either making up numbers or using those fake "surveys" that only go out to people on the RNC mailing list to get these numbers. Either way, lol that even the fake numbers don't look good.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

What poll is he actually referring to? I've never seen one that low.

Edit: Its those online Breitbart polls, isnt it?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Oh, well, if it's only 25%, as ascertained by the prestigious Donny Goodbrains polling firm, I guess we shouldn't do it then...:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Only 25% of Republicans