Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
darren young's not employed by the WWE anymore in any capacity right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ah good point. I was wrong. So I'm sure he means what he said which is a bummer but whatever. People compartmentalize when they're in the same business as sometime and look up to that person for their role in the business.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm going to walk back a bit and give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not trying to tell people they shouldn't be offended because Darren Young wasn't. Even though we have absolutely no way of knowing if he was or not and we shouldn't trust a PR tweet from WWE to tell the truth. I'm assuming you're just trying to explain what Darren Young was thinking or doing and it's coming across very poorly. But that his actions are not a guide to how others should feel or react and that it's acceptable to be mad at Orton for using a word that is an implicit death threat to a lot of people in the United States.

I've no idea how you got all this from me say it is possible. Or think it was poorly explained:

rovert posted:

It is actually possible that Darren Young found humour in what Randy said on the Livestream. Wrestlers aren't easily shocked and/or it likely was written off as "Randy being Randy".

Possible also opens up the probability that he was privately offended.

I previously posted above that what Orton said was completely idiotic. Therefore I've no idea why you think the way have about me in the above.

Seams posted:

darren young's not employed by the WWE anymore in any capacity right?

No. Maybe some one-off PR work here or there.

Really nice good by all accounts. Just I wish I could remember any of his matches despite seeing pretty much all of them.

rovert fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Oct 9, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/abthebutcher/status/580897641283891200

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Getting away from rovertchat again: w/r/t the whole 'Vince looks up to people who can beat them in a fight' thing, I am certain that Matt Riddle, Kyle O'Reilly, or anyone else with experience in both shoot fighting and wrestling will be main eventers in the next year if they can beat Vince in a shoot fight, and WWE Champion within two years if they can also beat Brock in a shoot fight

Inokiism is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Is his restaurant still open?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's been very ok with either of them being the top guy.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert please continue posting good scoops and just ignore the bad posters who keep trying to bait you

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Venomous posted:

Getting away from rovertchat again: w/r/t the whole 'Vince looks up to people who can beat them in a fight' thing, I am certain that Matt Riddle, Kyle O'Reilly, or anyone else with experience in both shoot fighting and wrestling will be main eventers in the next year if they can beat Vince in a shoot fight, and WWE Champion within two years if they can also beat Brock in a shoot fight

Inokiism is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)

Vince thought he could kick Frank Shamrock's rear end until Kurt Angle pointed out that Shamrock would annihilate Vince because of his MMA background

And Abby's is closed https://m.yelp.ca/biz/abdullah-the-butcher-house-of-ribs-and-chinese-food-atlanta

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Brock fits the 80s version of a tough guy that appeals (muscles) to Vince and is taller.

That doesn't really bode well for Kyle. I've often wondered how Kyle will handle the main roster schedule and the true grid of long international tours given he is a Type 1 diabetic and his body recovers slower. Him, it and how much of role model he is to that community is worth a read if you have the time. It is pretty remarkable he has gotten this far.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

Is his restaurant still open?

The restaurant closed a few years ago and everyone was very sad and crying. They said, "I wish the place wasn't closed."

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

The restaurant closed a few years ago and everyone was very sad and crying. They said, "I wish the place wasn't closed."

I’m happy it closed, personally speaking. So is everyone else I know. Don’t know where you heard that last bit from :\

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If Mike Perry can get an N-word pass from Tyron Woodley, maybe Randy Orton can get one from Darren Young

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i didn't know everyone was being ironic when they said, "I wish the place wasn't closed." The place was Abdullah The Butcher House Of Ribs And Chinese Food in Atlanta, Georgia.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

i would strongly advise you against continuing down this path rovert my good man

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm sorry and I won't talk about the restaurant further.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Cavauro posted:

drat

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Yeah it's bad to give people hepatitis with their cornbread, even if the CDC is just a few miles away

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I feel like there's a significant difference between pointing out that professional wrestlers are humans with feet of clay and you shouldn't look up to them as perfect human beings and the sort of blind item gossiping.

One of them is a statement on the human condition, the other is basically coming in here going 'look lads I know you like posting about wrestling here but I know that some of you are literal rapists and murderers. They post among you! If the truth ever gets out... well, you will all live to regret complimenting each other! the things I have seen, why... well, better not tell you who I am talking about. BUT SOME OF YOU ARE MONSTERS, AND I KNOW WHICH ONES. But let's just drop it. LIKE THE HAMMER OF JUSTICE WILL BE DROPPED AMONGST SIX OF YOU ON JUDGMENT DAY. But really, can't we talk about something else? Just chatting it up with a hateful racist I know some of you are. But that would be telling. Can't we move on?"

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

And Abby's is closed

That's ok, I only liked their curly fries.

The roast beef was pretty gross.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
What

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

poo poo.

I thought that said Arby's

:cheeky:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Excuse me, I asked for the Horsey Sauce but you gave me the Hep-C sauce

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i had just got off the plane with my son, and i was heading to Abdullah's Chinese Food and Ribs restaurant, when i saw Abby making his way towards the plane. I said "you don't know me, but me and my son are big fans of your restaurant." I asked him how his restaurant was doing and he said "nobody told you? it closed." and he hugged me and me and my son started to cry.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Where else am I gonna get orange chicken, potato salad and ribs on one plate

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

Bad week to pull the "Orton's the best! Really!" take, Darren

https://twitter.com/realfredrosser/status/1181619397032439808

Fred told Randy it was ok to say bussy.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Some guy has CRACKED THE CASE

https://twitter.com/nogimmickjustin/status/1181953184253628416

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1181960257549012993

Seams fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 9, 2019

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/fakekinkade/status/1181962972656259072

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Justin (FAR from the ideal voice) somehow knows an outline (and read his thread) but Meltzer doesn't

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1181626761592729601

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

1. shut up about Kylie Rae, if there's an issue she wants to speak on, she will speak on it
2. if your theory doesn't involve time travel or clones, its wrong.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think someone requesting and getting their immediate release to go and wrestle for impact is a topic thats fair play to be discussed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My immediate reaction, which has literally no basis whatsoever, was that QT Marshall said/did something creepy to her, because he always seemed like a creepy guy to me and he seemed weird when I met him at an ROH show. That's all I've got. Thank you for listening.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Impact sucks.

AEW rules.

AEW sucks.

Impact sucks.

Kylie Rae free to do what she wants.

There is the timeline.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Kylie's privacy should be of the utmost importance here, that's why I and other sccopsmen constantly bring this up and won't let it go. Because we care very much about her as an individual, not the fact that we have a scoop you don't. I won't tell you what happened, because I really care about Kylie and her privacy, I'm just going to hint at it and keep bringing it up all the time because I care about her privacy so much and don't want people asking about it.

I don't want to lay my cards on the table at the moment because I care about her privacy and that I know something you don't know.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think someone requesting and getting their immediate release to go and wrestle for impact is a topic thats fair play to be discussed.

I agree, but there also isn’t any real information out there other than pure speculation. So there really isn’t much to discuss in the first place and going beyond the info that is out there could very easily just turn into blind gossip.

And to be clear I don’t think Rovert is spreading any misinformation or anything either.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tato posted:

Kylie's privacy should be of the utmost importance here, that's why I and other sccopsmen constantly bring this up and won't let it go. Because we care very much about her as an individual, not the fact that we have a scoop you don't. I won't tell you what happened, because I really care about Kylie and her privacy, I'm just going to hint at it and keep bringing it up all the time because I care about her privacy so much and don't want people asking about it.

I don't want to lay my cards on the table at the moment because I care about her privacy and that I know something you don't know.

Read the last two pages of the IMPACT thread rather doing this for the nth time.

The_Rob posted:

I agree, but there also isn’t any real information out there other than pure speculation. So there really isn’t much to discuss in the first place and going beyond the info that is out there could very easily just turn into blind gossip.

And to be clear I don’t think Rovert is spreading any misinformation or anything either.

I just want a journalist to look into whether AEW has an institutional bullying problem. I don't want a second Kylie Rae situation if one can be prevented. That's it.

Talking to Kylie's friends and other AEW wrestlers I personally believe it does.

rovert fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 9, 2019

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Tato posted:

actually it's "i respect kylie's privacy but think it's important to talk about the negative in AEW too, but wont because it's a personal matter of kylies" keep trying to misrepresent though

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probate anyone talking about kylie rae unless it's about the work that she has done or is doing. I'm making the rules on here

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Please use the twelve hour probe because it's quite underutilized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
kylie rae got fired for refusing to get work done? but now she's getting work done for impact???