Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
https://twitter.com/brutusbeefcake_/status/1180956085928316928

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

weird fuckin dude

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Long furby

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coconono posted:

weird fuckin dude

nothin' weird about enjoying delicious food, friend.

https://twitter.com/superhumman1234/status/1179430478660734979

so is this kid overselling everything or is he legit NOT psyched on how much wrestling can actually hurt?

either way I love him

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Don't disparage Brother Bruti. Need to get around to reading his book som eday, probably a fun bit of horseshit

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oiling your muscles in your wife's garlic butter is pretty fuckin weird, mango.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Super Humman seems to understand wrestling better than a lot of working wrestlers. He’s got a gimmick he’s got catchphrases and merch, and he knows how to loving sell.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wonder how many times the cops came to Super Humman's house because the neighbors called in a dude laying on ground and screaming.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think he oversells everything because who wants to see a video of someone get hit with a light tube and then go "eh, kinda hurt"

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

coconono posted:

oiling your muscles in your wife's garlic butter is pretty fuckin weird, mango.

oh shoot, didn't even notice the misspelling there. agreed, then. yep.

The_Rob posted:

Super Humman seems to understand wrestling better than a lot of working wrestlers. He’s got a gimmick he’s got catchphrases and merch, and he knows how to loving sell.

"this is for the gigolos and jigalettes" is a solid way to show support for sex workers and I respect that.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
He's also smart enough to keep upping the amount of RTs and likes he needs to do stunts. He's no mark, don't work for free

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Cavauro posted:

probate anyone talking about kylie rae unless it's about the work that she has done or is doing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
late to this but i know people are looking too much into it, but rovert is saying stop idolizing and holding up wrestlers as bastions of good opinions and judges of character because a lot of them let poo poo slide with their friends and superiors as long as they look out for each other. He was using Young as an example because Darren Young probably let Orton's heated gamer moment slide because Orton stood up for him when he came out. Rovert was also saying people that have forgiven Orton's past transgressions, are probably sideeyeing Orton even if they aren't verbal about because people are afraid of speaking up. That later part ties in with all the hush 3rd and 2nd hand rumors that have been circulating on twitter about Kylie Rae getting fired by AEW and having to sign an NDA.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Good Friend Paul is being held back by super humman imo

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

probate anyone talking about kylie rae unless it's about the work that she has done or is doing. I'm making the rules on here

:agreed:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Love having people translate rovbot

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Maybe if you need a sidekick whose entire gimmick is to breathlessly defend and translate all of your posts, the problem isn't with everybody else.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Kylie has worked in AEW it is work she has done and she's left at the start of one of the biggest pro wrestling moments to work elsewhere when that promotion claimed to the biggest name in wrestling journalism that she was retiring for personal reasons. Making probating talk about Why Kylie left AEW "for her privacy" should make talk about other rumors, wrestling gossip and people's personal beliefs taboo as well, which is asinine.

If you can deal with translating Metlzer you can deal with translating rovert, if you hate him and his posts SA does have an ignore option.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 9, 2019

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Venomous posted:

Getting away from rovertchat again: w/r/t the whole 'Vince looks up to people who can beat them in a fight' thing, I am certain that Matt Riddle, Kyle O'Reilly, or anyone else with experience in both shoot fighting and wrestling will be main eventers in the next year if they can beat Vince in a shoot fight, and WWE Champion within two years if they can also beat Brock in a shoot fight

Inokiism is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
Didn't Shelton Benjamin beat Lesnar back in their college days?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MJeff posted:

Maybe if you need a sidekick whose entire gimmick is to breathlessly defend and translate all of your posts, the problem isn't with everybody else.

:mrgw:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

KungFu Grip posted:

Kylie has worked in AEW it is work she has done and she's left at the start of one of the biggest pro wrestling moments to work elsewhere when that promotion claimed to the biggest name in wrestling journalism that she was retiring for personal reasons. Making probating talk about Why Kylie left AEW "for her privacy" should make talk about other rumors, wrestling gossip and people's personal beliefs taboo as well, which is asinine.

If you can deal with translating Metlzer you can deal with translating rovert, if you hate him and his posts SA does have an ignore option.

What on earth even is this post

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

rovert is irritating me significantly less than he used to i do not know if it is that i have chilled out more or that he is posting better

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I didn't think the predictive-text generated Raw recap posts were funny to begin with, but sure predictive-text rovert apologia is a bridge too far.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I think he's just doomed to post here, considering he tried to hedge every possible way and still got hit for a week, the same as the guy mocking people with trauma.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was fooling around to suggest a new probation rule. Not a real suggestion. I am not keen on how every pretend discussion of kylie rae is actually the beginning of an argument about other posters' values and morals, as well as indictments of their self-worth, however. It's kind of a funny scuffle but usually results in a particular poster getting knocked each time when others are more to blame. I don't like that a person with a history of directly attacking posters in earnest bullied someone into a long punishment either

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I still don't get why anybody cares about Kylie Rae (as a performer) beyond the lust for gossip.

It's not like AEW have let some kind of incredible once in a generation wrestling prodigy slip through their fingers here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was a weird situation that had no answers, so its natural for people to be curious.

What makes it worse is probably the people kind of teasing that there's some kind of salacious story that people are just sitting on out of respect. Some of that seems deliberate.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I still don't get why anybody cares about Kylie Rae (as a performer) beyond the lust for gossip.

It's not like AEW have let some kind of incredible once in a generation wrestling prodigy slip through their fingers here.

I saw a lot of potential from her at Double or Nothing. She has a very magnetic personality and is very fun to watch. Her facial expressions were cracking me up at Double or Nothing. Also her match with Orange Cassidy at Beyond is really fun.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

She was very good, very fun, and (rarest of all) very nice. It's understandable people want to know what went (or who in AEW did) wrong that made the issue clearly be just being there anymore, but it's also understandable that people want the subject dropped because it's obvious at this point that nobody's talking, and if Kylie won't (whether it's out of want or out of legal requirement after the release was granted) that's basically that

You won't see any development or new info, and the conversation will just keep going in circles; you'll want answers, you won't get any, and you'll yell at people for thinking they're keeping quiet out of malice. Who does it benefit to do that nonstop?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

She was very good, very fun, and (rarest of all) very nice. It's understandable people want to know what went (or who in AEW did) wrong that made the issue clearly be just being there anymore, but it's also understandable that people want the subject dropped because it's obvious at this point that nobody's talking, and if Kylie won't (whether it's out of want or out of legal requirement after the release was granted) that's basically that

You won't see any development or new info, and the conversation will just keep going in circles; you'll want answers, you won't get any, and you'll yell at people for thinking they're keeping quiet out of malice. Who does it benefit to do that nonstop?

Pretty much this. Of the "new guys" at Double or Nothing who hadn't been seen in a major show yet, Kylie was one of my favorites. It's a giant confusing bummer for her to just be gone after that. If somebody at AEW did something lovely, I'd kind of like to know if there's somebody making it a hostile work environment or something. But at this point, nobody including Kylie, appears to be willing to talk about it. So like......what the hell can you do.

I'd like to hope that Kylie is okay and AEW is not secretly a poo poo company that bullies its talent or whatever, but that remains to be seen.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm just working under the assumption that Kylie's mostly ok because she's moved on to other companies, AEW is mostly ok because there's no actual smoke coming up, and that if anything happened it ended amicably enough that no one's trying to hurt the other party. If something else comes out later I'll process that when it does.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I'd like her a lot more if she had different gear because that weird face thing is ugh as all hell

my curiosity in the matter is if she was bullied or harassed and if so who did it but beyond that, she's gonna make her own decisions and I'm gonna respect it because there are plenty more performers to pay attention to ok there's my 2 cents

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Wrong.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

the escape goat posted:

I'd like her a lot more if she had different gear because that weird face thing is ugh as all hell

strong words against Legally Distinct pikachu

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I guess I just didn't see it myself, one of those things that just doesn't connect for me :shrug:

FWIW I thought that 4 way was the weakest match on the card by an incredibly wide margin, especially with the joshi trios absolutely killing it later on. I don't get the appeal of Britt Baker either.

Nobody came out of that 4 way looking particularly exciting or interesting to me outside of the already known quantity that is Awesome Kong. I was ready to write Nyla off too until Fyter Fest when she got to showcase herself a little more and really won me over.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

AEW will tell Dave whatever they want because they're using him as PR. They're spinning info about Kylie retiring for personal reasons because she returned to wrestling a couple months after she was possibly fired. AEW's excuse stinks and people like Dave and other posters are just shrugging it off and don't want to talk about it like its a closed and done issue or because of the "personal issues" line that AEW gave.

If posters on here want to ban talk about gossip, rumors about one wrestler's personal life then that should go for every wrestler. That's dumb because a good chunk of wrestling talk involves people's personal issues and rumors backstage and making AEW immune to that is silly.

Dave Meltzer and Rovert both are bad at expressing things. If the forums can handle Dave at his worst than they should be able to handle rovert at his worst. If you can't stand rovert's posts you can go to his profile on here and click the Add to Ignore button to never see them unless someone quotes him.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Meltzer Said WHAT?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

when was the meltzer report that she was retiring for personal reasons? that's literally from brad shepard. meltzer reported she was out for medical reasons iirc

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Kylie thing seems to be less about Kylie and more about wondering what AEW/someone in AEW did, especially because that weird press conference answer by Tony made it sound like something happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
that dastardly dave meltzer