Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

Toxic smokestack: Fairy
Rainbow-maned unicorn: Psychic

?!?!?!?!

Eh, it's fine. So far it's letting me have a balanced team with a theme so I don't mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I can't believe they ran a 24 livestream with almost nothing happening solely to tease a new Galarian form, then almost a week later they just casually drop a trailer that doesn't give you any information on the new Galarian form and just put it all up on the website. Who is in charge of this messaging because they're terrible at it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

I can't believe they ran a 24 livestream with almost nothing happening solely to tease a new Galarian form, then almost a week later they just casually drop a trailer that doesn't give you any information on the new Galarian form and just put it all up on the website. Who is in charge of this messaging because they're terrible at it.

There's been a drought of information too. Like they're one month from dropping this game are they trying to hurt sales? Also I'm going to make an ugly prediction: They're not releasing any starter information this time around. probably as a gently caress you for Sun and Moon's leaks.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ometeotl posted:

Who is in charge of this messaging because they're terrible at it.

They don't need to be good at it because 🗡️🛡️ will sell 20,000,000 copies either way

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'm kind of hoping the game leaks somehow or someone breaks street date. The game is probably 100% done at this point right, and the cartridges are just sitting in some warehouse waiting to be shipped out.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Galarian Ponyta is a Gypsy Vanner with a horn

All of the hair.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

It being a psychic type works fine because its whole gimmick is that its played up to be a counter to poison-types and having it be fairy itself would serve to weaken it in that role.

I only hope that it doesn't become a psychic/fairy type because we already got Gardevoir, Mr.Mime and Tapu Lele (and I'm aware that Gardevoir is already in Sword and Shield).

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm looking forward to playing through and not knowing what the new Pokemon are or what they evolve into

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

less laughter posted:

They don't need to be good at it because 🗡️🛡️ will sell 20,000,000 copies either way

whoa is this true? someone should update the OP

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Games will probs leak this time next month

Awful info drip is likely due to the negative response they got from basically showing all of sm before release

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Who gave that negative response? I don’t really remember anything like that.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
How many actual new non galar form pokemons have they revealed? The starters, wooloo, corgy, metal bird, the tortoise, ghost teacup, ice cream and impdimp? The new region gonna have only 30 new pokes or what

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what's important to remember is that no one here knows what they're talking about at all when it comes to gamefreak or nintendo's intentions or reasoning for anything ever

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

aahhh!!ddium posted:

what's important to remember is that no one here knows what they're talking about at all when it comes to gamefreak or nintendo's intentions or reasoning for anything ever

I think they want to make money

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also I don't remember SM trailers giving away that much information about the game basically they showcased trials, totem pokemons, ultra beasts, team skull and the aether foundation which is a fair outline for the game. It's not like they revealed in the trailers that Lusamine BIG BAD despite her design shouting otherwise.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

lezard_valeth posted:

How many actual new non galar form pokemons have they revealed? The starters, wooloo, corgy, metal bird, the tortoise, ghost teacup, ice cream and impdimp?

+ Cramorant, Zacian, Zamazenta, Duraludon, Rolycoly, Morpeko, Gossifleur, Eldegoss, Obstagoon, Sirfetch'd

And Impidimp style: Skwovet, Greedunt, Yamper2, some kind of elephant

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

aahhh!!ddium posted:

what's important to remember is that everyone here knows what they're talking about at all when it comes to gamefreak or nintendo's intentions or reasoning for anything ever, because of all our uncles working there

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
plot twist: I'm the Nintendo uncle

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Kurtofan posted:

https://twitter.com/Pokebip/status/1181862125733580801?s=19

Galar Ponyta is fairy type and exclusive to Shield

From now on I shall exclusively refer to the games as Pokémon Épée & Pokémon Bouclier.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mr. mime regional form where it's that one dude in the court who tastes food before the king does to make sure it's not poisoned

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Johnny Joestar posted:

mr. mime regional form where it's that one dude in the court who tastes food before the king does to make sure it's not poisoned

Galar Mr. Mime is just Mr. Bean, come on.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

It's not like they revealed in the trailers that Lusamine BIG BAD despite her design shouting otherwise.

I remember being shouted down for pointing that out.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL6QuYi3rpo

Good for context since this vid was 3 years ago, as an OVERVIEW trailer. I think this accidentally revealed Ilima, but it's great not getting much info, I don't feel the need to edit the OP until we get a bigger story scope.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Galar Mr. Mime is just Mr. Bean, come on.

Does it gain grass type

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Crosspeice posted:

Good for context since this vid was 3 years ago, as an OVERVIEW trailer.

They've also done that style of trailer this gen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_dgvgpC8Nw

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Does it gain grass type

Only on this page

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
420 smoke Oddish erryday

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1181934246031527936

NotBritain's forest are radioactive

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I'm looking forward to playing through and not knowing what the new Pokemon are or what they evolve into
Same. I watch the new trailers but I only read the Affleck leak once then realized I wanted to go in as blind as possible.

New movie trailers give away so much of the story these days so I've started to value limiting my exposure to stuff so I can experience it all for the first time myself. With games sometimes I'll do more research to make sure I'll enjoy it but Pokemon I am going to buy regardless so I'm fine knowing as little as possible.

Note that I don't think everyone should be like me, that's just how I feel.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the "life energy" thing keeps coming up, grooky apparently endows life energy to whatever it hits with its stick

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Same. I watch the new trailers but I only read the Affleck leak once then realized I wanted to go in as blind as possible.

New movie trailers give away so much of the story these days so I've started to value limiting my exposure to stuff so I can experience it all for the first time myself. With games sometimes I'll do more research to make sure I'll enjoy it but Pokemon I am going to buy regardless so I'm fine knowing as little as possible.

Note that I don't think everyone should be like me, that's just how I feel.

I won't start the game until I know and have seen every single mon's name, design, typing, stats, abilities, evolution level/method, family history, criminal record, college major, sexual preference, and religious beliefs.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pokémon have haki now

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

less laughter posted:

I won't start the game until I know and have seen every single mon's name, design, typing, stats, abilities, evolution level/method, family history, criminal record, college major, sexual preference, and religious beliefs.
Pokemon Sword and Shield are coming out in one month and we still haven't seen Galarian Weezing's tax returns. What is/are it/they hiding?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Countblanc posted:

the "life energy" thing keeps coming up, grooky apparently endows life energy to whatever it hits with its stick

thank you grooky

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe Grooky is Gold Experience.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i hate saying "grooky"

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Countblanc posted:

i hate saying "grooky"

You're right. Because it's Grookey.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Sellafield, tiocfaidh ar la

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What if a ponyta not having its tail was just an animation error in the stream?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

God I love this rainbow unicorn with poison healing powers that’s also my favorite type.

They finally made a Pokémon for me, specifically. All those hours of raising unicorns in Zoo Tycoon as a kid finally come to fruition.