Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SchrodingersCat posted:

And his base is too stupid to realize that he turned around and stabbed them in the back on almost all of his economic proposals. The only thing he really did is try to gently caress over brown people, and the fact that his base still supports him shows that it wasn't really about the economy, stupid. The last election was a referendum on institutional racism and the good side lost.

Something something happy to live under a bridge in a box so long as neighbor has no box etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/mutludc/status/1181984925861519368

https://mobile.twitter.com/hadeelOueiss/status/1181995814698323973

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/air_intel/status/1181996043719909381

ReliableSand
Apr 28, 2008

Munkeymon posted:

That's a hilarious opsec fail if it's true

My own initial analysis suggests that it is true.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1102152?hl=en

ReliableSand fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 9, 2019

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

friendbot2000 posted:

Can we not play the oppression Olympics, please? This is really loving gross.

Explain yourself.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

I look at -- my wife and I -- we agree about 85% of the time, 90% of the time, there are times when we disagree and hundreds of thousands of Kurdish civilians are killed and we just get over it and get by it.

You evil, evil loving bastard.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Just want to confirm that the 25% does indeed come from polled Republicans in the latest WaPo poll.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L-XRdXdqB2Rd0ImdcMC2yoCG8Nh-2rhdZN9xlbZaRqM/edit#gid=0'

Like, that really is an utterly disastrous number that Trump is gleefully bragging about. I won't speculate about whether he actually understands that or not.

It’s disastrous when it results in Senate losses and removal from office, no earlier than that. The GOP voters will come home to roost like they always do, and the GOP politicians will stonewall as much as possible.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

So is this still air strikes and artillery or does Turkey have actual troops fighting inside of Syria at this point?

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Republicans would nominate Crenshaw based on the eye patch alone. Or Nikki Haley because they’re all thirsty as gently caress. Comedy Tulsi Gabbard option. As a poster above said Trump Jr. is also a distinct possibility.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If the inquiry lasts that long it seriously risks getting drowned out by the primaries and by the short attention span of the public.

I am completely on the fence about how long the (Ukraine etc) inquiry should be dragged out, and am currently alright with the Dems just winging it and seeing how public opinion fares / how quickly their various subpoena cases move / whether the dam breaks after the first couple and judges start going "yep I agree with the other judges, no need to spend three months here"

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
It's pretty much a given that Ergodan promised him a land deal in exchange for withdrawing troops, right?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

tokyo reject posted:

Republicans would nominate Crenshaw based on the eye patch alone. Or Nikki Haley because they’re all thirsty as gently caress. Comedy Tulsi Gabbard option. As a poster above said Trump Jr. is also a distinct possibility.

Haha, Junior is even dumber than Daddy and he doesn't have senility as an excuse. No way that other Presidential-minded GOP politicians try to handle him with kid gloves.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Pollyanna posted:

It’s disastrous when it results in Senate losses and removal from office, no earlier than that. The GOP voters will come home to roost like they always do, and the GOP politicians will stonewall as much as possible.

Watching so many posters continue to treat Politics as if it's nothing more than a popularity contest is so depressing.

At this point (as openly fascist as things have gotten) poll numbers don't mean poo poo. Feet out in the street means something, nothing else does.

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

The world seems pretty nonplussed by this brutality. What legitimate justification does Turkey have?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

friendbot2000 posted:

Can we not play the oppression Olympics, please? This is really loving gross.

How was that post "oppression Olympics"?

https://twitter.com/emmaroller/status/1181968613449883648

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Haha, Junior is even dumber than Daddy and he doesn't have senility as an excuse. No way that other Presidential-minded GOP politicians try to handle him with kid gloves.
I don't think the GOP higher-ups actually like Trump. Next Trump that tries to make it will get knifed by the party in the primary.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
Trump's kids have no personality.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Faustian Bargain posted:

I don't think the GOP higher-ups actually like Trump. Next Trump that tries to make it will get knifed by the party in the primary.

grumbling while ruining the US standing in the world, economy, minority rights, bless them

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

It's pretty much a given that Ergodan promised him a land deal in exchange for withdrawing troops, right?

Probably just a loan to Trump Towers, Turkey.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/PaulLidicul/status/1181987508202041344

:vince:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

lurker2006 posted:

The world seems pretty nonplussed by this brutality. What legitimate justification does Turkey have?

"Correcting demographics."

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Trump is a lickspittle, you don’t have to promise him poo poo. Look how far back he bends for Kim even though NK has gone against literally every single thing he’s asked them for.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

It was great hearing the chant shift from Not My President to Trump Is poo poo.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

lurker2006 posted:

Turkey under Erdogan doesn't really need one as far as it's concerned, this is this country that recently had a failed coup then rounded up all the intellectuals and disappeared them.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Faustian Bargain posted:

He got them a poo poo ton of federal court seats plus 2 SCOTUS seats plus massive tax cuts, the rape and murder of the kurds is the just the cost of doing business to them

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Faustian Bargain posted:

Erm, no. The next Trump is going to be a competent fascist. The GOP has no effective internal controls to prevent another strong man from seizing control of their party, if anything it will be easier for the next monster than it was for this one.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Prester Jane posted:

Watching so many posters continue to treat Politics as if it's nothing more than a popularity contest is so depressing.

At this point (as openly fascist as things have gotten) poll numbers don't mean poo poo. Feet out in the street means something, nothing else does.

Pretty much, yeah. Direct action gets the goods, and Americans are awful at taking action.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

lurker2006 posted:

Someone somewhere said the Turkish army knew about Trump's plans to withdraw American troops before American troops knew.

What's going on there is nothing short of genocide by Syria and Turkey combined. The Kurds and anyone in Kurdish territory are under attack from both sides now that Trump has pulled support from them.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

It was great hearing the chant shift from Not My President to Trump Is poo poo.

I thought it was "gently caress this poo poo" but either one works.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Faustian Bargain posted:

I can't imagine anyone who interacts with Trump for more than a few seconds "likes" him on any level beyond the most utilitarian.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

zero way that's real but the imagery is cool

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pretty sure this guy's thing is posting vfx stuff, not actual footage.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1182006793553289219

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Did this dude seriously just dust off his old after effects file and replace the text? What the hell does this accomplish.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I'm dumb and usually am the one calling out the fake stuff, not posting it. My apologies.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Prester Jane posted:

Yeah all those protests have accomplished such great things as....???

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Trump is a threat to the nation.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Mahoning posted:

I thought it was "gently caress this poo poo" but either one works.

I think it devolved into that in the end. Which is pretty much where I'm at. Between Syria and Jews being murdered by incels on Yom Kippur spouting 4chan memes, I think I need a mental health break.

Seriously holding Trump accountable (lol) for this won't be enough -- those that enabled him will never be.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Pigbuster posted:

Did this dude seriously just dust off his old after effects file and replace the text? What the hell does this accomplish.

Trump might see it and get upset. When faced with something like this, spitting in the pig emperor's eye isn't the worst choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Iran must be loving this poo poo.
The Middle East is watching and going 'well if this is going to happen when you support the US....'