Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Pigbuster posted:

Did this dude seriously just dust off his old after effects file and replace the text? What the hell does this accomplish.

It gives Extremely Online people a dopamine hit. Otherwise it's worse than useless because it gives the impression that other people are taking action, so you don't have to.

edit: I'm phone posting, someone get my back on the tax please

Wylie fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Neo Rasa posted:

I can't imagine anyone who interacts with Trump for more than a few seconds "likes" him on any level beyond the most utilitarian.

I'm amazed at how few dumb motherfuckers you've met.

Seriously, talk to any idiot racist, and you'll be able to imagine someone who would like him because you'll have met them.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The Merkinman posted:

Yeah all those protests have accomplished such great things as....???

Civil Rights

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

fool_of_sound posted:

Civil Rights

I think they mean more recently than those; the modern sort of protest where people congregate in free speech zones until the police start macing people.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

ReliableSand posted:

My own initial analysis suggests that it is true.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1102152?hl=en

I was trying to confirm but realized I had left uBlock on 😅

Yep, I see UA-31527-41 (and UA-80925080-1 but it's not used for ads) on Conservative Edgelord Digest Toilet and UA-31527-1 on RCP lol

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
Trump is old as hell and the next year will take a serious toll on what is left of his mental capacity... If he gets over the line in 2020 the Republicans are going to have a fully deranged, unchained monster on their hands.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

fool_of_sound posted:

Civil Rights

PJ is specifically against violent demonstrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Faustian Bargain posted:

I don't think the GOP higher-ups actually like Trump. Next Trump that tries to make it will get knifed by the party in the primary.

they, uh, tried that with trump

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Dog Friday posted:

Trump is old as hell and the next year will take a serious toll on what is left of his mental capacity... If he gets over the line in 2020 the Republicans are going to have a fully deranged, unchained monster on their hands.

Yeah, and then they'll purge themselves of him (maybe) and no one will even loving roll the tape of their years of supporting him when they come on Meet the Press.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

happyhippy posted:

Iran must be loving this poo poo.
The Middle East is watching and going 'well if this is going to happen when you support the US....'

ehh, the kurds' options from pretty early on were "accept US aid", "surrender to Assad", or "die"

they still have two of those options, tbf

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mahoning posted:

I'm dumb and usually am the one calling out the fake stuff, not posting it. My apologies.

I got burned on his previous fake, so no hard feelings on that.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

No way that's real

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Good, hopefully that will get some coverage and make trump tweet.

marshmonkey posted:

Pretty sure this guy's thing is posting vfx stuff, not actual footage.

gently caress :(

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Now would be a loving fantastic time for Mattis et al to come out publicly stating what a retard Trump is

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Dog Friday posted:

That's probably the worst case scenario. Him being lucid enough to continue stoking the fire of the worst people. It's not like him being Silent King would be much of an improvement, though. Our system has propped up corpses before and seems to continue pillaging everything without missing a beat. Any republican victory is disastrous to human rights. And the world. And ... the concept of decency, I guess. gently caress 'em.

Bottom Liner posted:

PJ is specifically against violent demonstrations.

We talking abut the same person here?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

tokyo reject posted:

Now would be a loving fantastic time for Mattis et al to come out publicly stating what a retard Trump is

Don't do this.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Numlock posted:

If I was in the Baltic States or Ukraine I would be making GBS threads my pants right now.

If I were South Korean or Japanese I might be considering nukes.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ArdenFarhi/status/1182009307442941952

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1182005829156909057

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Numlock posted:

If I was in the Baltic States or Ukraine I would be making GBS threads my pants right now.

The Baltic States are in NATO; they're not going to get hosed with too much.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oracle posted:

If I were South Korean or Japanese I might be considering nukes.
The Japanese have had breakout capability for a few decades already.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Farking Bastage posted:

The Kurds in that area are an example of a successful anarchist autonomous zone and the zone is home to millions of civillians who were able to build lives for themselves after the Syrian Civil War uprooted their lives.
Once again the project will fail thanks to violence of outside State forces who fear it's very existence because it shows a viable means of living WITHOUT State domination.

Its not very viable if an outside state can come in and dominate them.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Ershalim posted:

I think they mean more recently than those; the modern sort of protest where people congregate in free speech zones until the police start macing people.
I did, yes. I should have been more specific.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Look, that's just how he talks, okay, Turkey was supposed to take him seriously, not literally

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Majorian posted:

America isn't looking real reliable right now and everyone else in NATO is a joke.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

happyhippy posted:

Iran must be loving this poo poo.
The Middle East is watching and going 'well if this is going to happen when you support the US....'

That's another thing I'm cross about. Iran has a sizable population of people who just want to get on with things, modernize with respect to civil rights, and be respected as a nation that isn't demonized at every turn with the West. The more we make Iran Deals happen, the more political influence those people get as we seem like a reasonable nation to reconcile with. The more we poo poo on them because neocons and evangelists need an enemy, the more influence the reactionary anti-west olds gain, as they remember the US loving the whole country over.

This is a global level self-own because Trump is everything he criticized Obama for.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

DaveWoo posted:

Look, that's just how he talks, okay, Turkey was supposed to take him seriously, not literally

Also, no one is ever allowed to read the call readout

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

This is real good.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

The Merkinman posted:

Yeah all those protests have accomplished such great things as....???

Giving white liberals an excuse to pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

Pipeline protest accomplished very little outside of giving activists and opportunity to network, strikes intentionally targeting vulnerable logistics are the only way to fight back against the system.

fool_of_sound posted:

Civil Rights

That wasn't accomplished by protests though, the Civil Rights Act was the result of a whole bunch of riots and the very real threat of widespread civil unrest. Crediting the Civil Rights Act with peaceful demonstrations is literally the whitewashed version of History.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Trump doing one of his signing ceremonies shortly. If questions start flying it could get hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE_MyphajHM

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I'm genuinely fascinated by what the gently caress actually happened here, though.

Did Erdogan offer him something? Did the loving baby just get scared because the mean dictator man threatened him? Does Trump honestly think he's doing a good thing? It's just such a loving nonsense decision.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Rent-A-Cop posted:

America isn't looking real reliable right now and everyone else in NATO is a joke.

France has nukes and a bunch of other powerful poo poo, please don't regurgitate boomer points about how the US is the only military worth a drat so we have to spend trillions on it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ershalim posted:

That's probably the worst case scenario. Him being lucid enough to continue stoking the fire of the worst people. It's not like him being Silent King would be much of an improvement, though. Our system has propped up corpses before and seems to continue pillaging everything without missing a beat. Any republican victory is disastrous to human rights. And the world. And ... the concept of decency, I guess. gently caress 'em.

We talking abut the same person here?

i mean it's admittedly tough sometimes to tell whether someone who otherwise advocates direct action actually doesn't support violence, or is just tacking on a I Definitely Do Not Support Violence disclaimer to avoid getting banned for making Lowtax sad

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Majorian posted:

NATO power is built on several things:

- The US protecting it's allies
- The US reliably backing treaties it's signed(uh except with indigenous peoples)
- The US seriously supporting NATO stuff

guess which of those Trump has damaged massively

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

This is a global level self-own because Trump is everything he criticized Obama for.

I want to take this one step further. The Republicans have no coherent foreign policy other than its still the cold war and we will using cold war tactics. They actively eschew learning about other countries and cultures and just assume American military might will carry the day. Then they will just oppose the Democrats for doing/not doing something.

What I'm trying to say is Trump is a perfect representative of the Republican party: no plan, just projections.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Oracle posted:

Its not very viable if an outside state can come in and dominate them.

there are very few viable states if that's our criterion.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Prester Jane posted:

Giving white liberals an excuse to pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

Pipeline protest accomplished very little outside of giving activists and opportunity to network, strikes intentionally targeting vulnerable logistics are the only way to fight back against the system.

That wasn't accomplished by protests though, the Civil Rights Act was the result of a whole bunch of riots and the very real threat of widespread civil unrest. Crediting the Civil Rights Act with peaceful demonstrations is literally the whitewashed version of History.
So you agree with me that "Feet out in the street" means gently caress all as well.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

I'm genuinely fascinated by what the gently caress actually happened here, though.

Did Erdogan offer him something? Did the loving baby just get scared because the mean dictator man threatened him? Does Trump honestly think he's doing a good thing? It's just such a loving nonsense decision.
Trump doesn't want to be in Syria and has been saying he wants pull out for 3 years and tried to do it twice already.

How is this a mystery for you?

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

France has nukes and a bunch of other powerful poo poo, please don't regurgitate boomer points about how the US is the only military worth a drat so we have to spend trillions on it
France isn't going to nuke Moscow dawg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Rent-A-Cop posted:

France isn't going to nuke Moscow dawg.

Neither is the US so what's your point