Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mraagvpeine posted:

Why can't they use Coyote's Tooth to cut through the wood?
Tom get in here and explain yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madjack
Dec 31, 2013
Team Annie doesn't want anyone to know they have that thing though, and Jimmy Jims and Idra are standing right there. Eggers would probably insist on accompanying them in next time too, so using it is probably out.

I'm wondering why can't they ask Jones to clear a path?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

madjack posted:

Team Annie doesn't want anyone to know they have that thing though, and Jimmy Jims and Idra are standing right there. Eggers would probably insist on accompanying them in next time too, so using it is probably out.

I'm wondering why can't they ask Jones to clear a path?

again, you can't just smash into structural walls for hundreds of feet without everything collapsing around you.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Tom sold out.

Nah. I hope many people will buy his books.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I hope he also releases volume 6 softcover. I have 1-5 softcover, and he signed volume 1 for me at a mini con. I think he usually did the softcover at the same time as the hardcovers (just one volume behind) in the past, so now I'm waiting.

EDIT: Looks like he is going to release volume 6 softcover, as it's on Previews:
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP191297

IUG fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Oct 4, 2019

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

Tom sold out.

Nah. I hope many people will buy his books.

Same. I want him to get paid lots and lots because this has been the only webcomic I've consistently read for years. The quality is so high.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

A big flaming stink posted:

it's a load-bearing dryrootwall
Groverwood

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Love the author's photo in the new book.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
So wouldn't there be another time skip if it's still messed up in the forest?

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I guess the Anni's are giving dad a hand?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!
It's kind of cute they're bonding more with their dad now that there are two of them.

I'm going to miss there being two Annies if they ever merge or whatever.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm still waiting for the third Annie to show up.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I enjoy the interactions between Annie and Annie a lot. I wouldn't have thought before the what she really needed was an identical twin sister but it's been pretty great.

Well, I guess Court Annie is six months older so not really a twin but you get me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Even though Forest Annie didn't perceive time passing, her hair grew, so they're the same age.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Even though Forest Annie didn't perceive time passing, her hair grew, so they're the same age.

I thought about that, but she also didn't starve, so at least some of her body functions weren't running. I guess the details are down to however Loup willed it.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tenebrais posted:

I thought about that, but she also didn't starve, so at least some of her body functions weren't running. I guess the details are down to however Loup willed it.
She also didn't have giant claw nails. I'm presuming her hair grew because her hair has always had a weird ethery connection.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I mean, our source for "why is time stopped?" is also an unreliable narrator. Loup doesn't come with the same, "Coyote doesn't lie" stamp of approval from Jones.

I don't trust Sonic-Dog, its words or its motivations.

Also I'm firmly in the camp of "Two Annies is the best thing I didn't know I needed."

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
I can't believe the Annies are enabling their drug addict dad! Worst daughters for the worst father. :colbert:

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Warmachine posted:

I don't trust Sonic-Dog, its words or its motivations.
Same but also in the commentary for Loup’s intro chapter Tom threw in a brief screenshot of Spyro, and now that’s replaced Sonic as the cool 90s game mascot I have associated with him in my brain

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Iceclaw posted:

I can't believe the Annies are enabling their drug addict dad! Worst daughters for the worst father. :colbert:

Look if you never bonded with your siblings by helping your dad shoot up then I don't know what kind of messed up loveless childhood you had and I don't want to know.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
So, does it turn out that Tony can get along with both Annies quite well now, since technically neither one is his daughter? "I haven't been a terrible dad to those girls. Some other Anthonies have been. I will do my best to make those poor abused orphans feel welcome."

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

So, does it turn out that Tony can get along with both Annies quite well now, since technically neither one is his daughter? "I haven't been a terrible dad to those girls. Some other Anthonies have been. I will do my best to make those poor abused orphans feel welcome."

I don't recall if we established that Forest Annie was also not of this timeline? If not to us, then to the world at large? I know it's a big ol' question mark at the very least, but Tony never seemed the type to just make the assumption that just because he can't be certain his hypothesis isn't true, that he'd assume it was.

Of course, timeline fuckery could mean that this timeline's Tony is marginally better adjusted.

It could also be he just got his hand back in no small part due to his daughter and his daughter's best friend. Might have knocked a wire back into place.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Warmachine posted:

I don't recall if we established that Forest Annie was also not of this timeline?

We definitely did, with the unwritten conclusion being that the "real" Annie is probably still a captive of Loup. Kat is very mad about it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Lurdiak posted:

We definitely did, with the unwritten conclusion being that the "real" Annie is probably still a captive of Loup. Kat is very mad about it.

I always read the conclusion as that the real Annie had been taken by one of the infinite different timeline coyotes and is in some other court somewhere

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wherever she is, it's clear Kat wants her back (and is not happy about the timelines that are now Annie-less).

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Wherever she is, it's clear Kat wants her back (and is not happy about the timelines that are now Annie-less).

No timelines are Annie less probably, infinite loops stole infinite Annies infinitely.

Well okay an infinite number of timelines have no Annie I suppose.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

No timelines are Annie less probably, infinite loops stole infinite Annies infinitely.

We've been over this. If the Annie-less worlds are infinite steps down the line, they might as well not exist. In essence, Loup created them from nothing.
It appears Loup knows more about time shifting than you do.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Lurdiak posted:

Wanna take bets on whether he has her in a creepy shrine?

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Warmachine posted:

I don't recall if we established that Forest Annie was also not of this timeline?

And just so we have where this was established: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2162

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Kantesu posted:

And just so we have where this was established: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2162

There we go. I knew when the exchange happened, I just forgot that detail. Thanks!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

We've been over this. If the Annie-less worlds are infinite steps down the line, they might as well not exist. In essence, Loup created them from nothing.
It appears Loup knows more about time shifting than you do.

Infinities are fun. Picture a hotel with infinite rooms, all of which are occupied. An infinite number of new guests want to book rooms. No problem - the manager tells every guest to move out of their room and into the room that is double their room number. Now all the even-numbered rooms are occupied, but all the (infinitely many) odd-numbered rooms are now vacant for the new guests.

By similar principles, assuming an infinite multiverse, you could give every timeline two Annies without any being vacant, because each can take Annies from another further along, infinitely.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The more interesting thing to look forward to is alt-timeline kat appearing from a portal demanding one of the annies come back with her.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Kantesu posted:

Y'know, I never interpreted this as "the real Annie isn't in this time line anymore" or even "this isn't the comic's original time line."

Rather, I read it as "Annie herself never belonged to the time line of the comic." after all, we never visited that dude previously to have him confirm Annie belonged here.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

CodfishCartographer posted:

Y'know, I never interpreted this as "the real Annie isn't in this time line anymore" or even "this isn't the comic's original time line."

Rather, I read it as "Annie herself never belonged to the time line of the comic." after all, we never visited that dude previously to have him confirm Annie belonged here.

The way I interpreted it was that the "original" Annie is still in the forest with Loup while the Annies we are currently following were plucked from other timelines for Loup's purposes (to deflect the Court's attention (while he talked the "original" Annie into staying in the forest with him) and to retrieve the artifacts with Coyote's memories).

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Oct 10, 2019

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Real Annie is working off her debt to the psychopomps after being kidnapped offscreen

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I just read it as Loup really hosed up reality pretty bad.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I read it as Tom introducing the plot point that drives a wedge between Kat and both the Annies:shrug:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Look it's very simple. Loup stole two Annies because he needed one to send back to the Court and one two replace the one Loup stole.

A Sometimes Food posted:

No, they also stole replacement Annies from further down.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 10, 2019

Robo-Slap
Jun 5, 2011
This a classic Hilbert's Annies paradox. Loup # n grabs Annie 2n and Annie 2n+1, allowing all Loups to have 2 Annie's each.

Don't worry, Kat! There aren't any Kats out there with no Annies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

nm