Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Would be real funny if Kershaw drilled him in the head. Sorry bro Kershaw wanted to go inside if you wanna take exception to it its whatever

Why would you want that and not one of the Dodgers who actually throws hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
I think I'd cheer for the Yankees over the Cardinals right now.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

Why would you want that and not one of the Dodgers who actually throws hard

I dont wanna hurt him too bad. 89 is still fast enough to break teeth and maybe a jawbone but i dont want him to DIE.

Now if Snitker was in the box, sure

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Looks like the Dodgers get to lose the World Series again.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what a profound poo poo to take on yourself in an elimination game

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Do people actually think Flaherty threw at him intentionally? Like that seemed obvious it was an accident to me. I'm not gonna get on Acuna for being emotional on a poo poo day, because that's obviously who he is for better or worse. And Flaherty was the usual "play the right way" douchebag about stating the obvious of why it probably wasn't intentional. But it probably wasn't intentional, right?

But at least HOTLANTA did away with any lingering compassion I might have by calling for someone to be hit in the head.

Was there any story why McCann didn't get that last AB/ovation?

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

STAC Goat posted:

Do people actually think Flaherty threw at him intentionally? Like that seemed obvious it was an accident to me. I'm not gonna get on Acuna for being emotional on a poo poo day, because that's obviously who he is for better or worse. And Flaherty was the usual "play the right way" douchebag about stating the obvious of why it probably wasn't intentional. But it probably wasn't intentional, right?

But at least HOTLANTA did away with any lingering compassion I might have by calling for someone to be hit in the head.

I don't want him hit in the head, but those comments make me want someone to hit him in the balls.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/stlsportscntrl/status/1182095291572461568?s=21
Go Cards.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

He all but acknowledged that he went after him or can you not read

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

It was clearly unintentional but he was also a huge douche in his answer

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Squall posted:

I don't want him hit in the head, but those comments make me want someone to hit him in the balls.

He definitely found a good way to come off like a huge assholes even when I think he was innocent.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I remember being really sad in the early 2000s when we got Matheny, and then even MORE disappointed when we started playing Molina because I thought he was actually worse

I was just so sure Eli Marrero was the catcher of the future

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

lol what

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

bud i gotta say maybe you slightly misread that?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Flaherty's answer boils down to "We tried to pitch him in, it got away and hit him. If he wants to get mad fine but he didn't play The Cardinal Way so gently caress him"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Somehow I doubt HOTLANTA is gonna pick now to be a reasonable and rational person.

Intruder posted:

Flaherty's answer boils down to "We tried to pitch him in, it got away and hit him. If he wants to get mad fine but he didn't play The Cardinal Way so gently caress him"

Yeah. "I had 2 strikes, I wasn't trying to hit him, I was just going in and it got away." Perfectly reasonable. But he had to make it about Acuna and "the right way" so now he's an rear end in a top hat anyway.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

STAC Goat posted:

Somehow I doubt HOTLANTA is gonna pick now to be a reasonable and rational person.

You seem very obsessed with me and i hope your life gets better so you can stop obsessing over some person on the internet!

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

I remember being really sad in the early 2000s when we got Matheny,

Your instincts are good you were just a little early

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

well folks it has been fun, but I don't care a bit about any of the teams left so I'll be checking out until spring training, have a good one and lmfao Braves, cya in CSPAM if ya post there

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

well folks it has been fun, but I don't care a bit about any of the teams left so I'll be checking out until spring training, have a good one and lmfao Braves, cya in CSPAM if ya post there

Please clap for the dodgers

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

You seem very obsessed with me and i hope your life gets better so you can stop obsessing over some person on the internet!

:ughh:

Der Meister posted:

If the Yankees make the WS, absolutely

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah. "I had 2 strikes, I wasn't trying to hit him, I was just going in and it got away." Perfectly reasonable. But he had to make it about Acuna and "the right way" so now he's an rear end in a top hat anyway.

Yeah, that's my take. Acuña probably wasn't very happy about getting hit there after nearly getting hit by Carlos Martinez in game 3, which seemed way more intentional after he whined about him hitting a dinger off of him in game 1.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Der Meister posted:

that would require I stop clapping to Jeb! and frankly I'm insulted that you'd suggest such a thing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

If the Yanks get to teh World Series and suddenly everyone starts rooting for them to beat the Cards that's really gonna freak me out.

Squall posted:

Yeah, that's my take. Acuña probably wasn't very happy about getting hit there after nearly getting hit by Carlos Martinez in game 3, which seemed way more intentional after he whined about him hitting a dinger off of him in game 1.

Yeah, and Acuna's having a lovely day having to live this waking nightmare of an elimination game and he's a kid so like, just loving be a decent person and don't make it about him. For the organization who values "class" so much there's such a thing as winning without rubbing it in or being a dick and recognizing that it sucks for the other guy and they might not handle it perfectly.

And yeah, the Martinez thing way more questionable. And Martinez had his "right way" drama with Acuna. Flaherty needs to just see the big picture and shut the gently caress up.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lmao Atlanta

better than the Phillies :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

If the Yanks get to teh World Series and suddenly everyone starts rooting for them to beat the Cards that's really gonna freak me out.

God that would be the worst. And yeah I'd have to cheer for the Yankees. gently caress

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Absolutely would dress in a derek jeter jersey making the yankees fans.gif gesture in the general direction of st. louis for the entire duration.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I would not watch nor acknowledge a Yankees-Cardinals World Series.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Der Meister posted:

Really weird how they didn't have a WS in 2019 despite no labor stoppage

One of those odd quirks of history

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

R.D. Mangles posted:

Absolutely would dress in a derek jeter jersey making the yankees fans.gif gesture in the general direction of st. louis for the entire duration.

Dear god please Toxx for this

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Der Meister posted:

This is my thought on the matter as well

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The NBA's handling of the Hong Kong stuff has me thinking how the MLB would respond in a similar situation.

Probably host a pro-PRC rally at Yankee Stadium. Induct Xi Jinping into the HoF

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Yeeeesh

https://twitter.com/MarcCarig/status/1182111813934239744?s=19

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the gently caress

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Someone is fired

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*tugs collar for twenty drat minutes*

lol at all the chuds falling over themselves to say "Hmmm liberal California!"

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

The Bay Area? Really?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

God, every time I want to like the Cardinals, they go and pull some kinda poo poo.

Like it wasn’t enough for them to beat us in a snuff film of a playoff elimination game, they had to go and rub it in too. gently caress the Cards.

(I still kinda like the Cards for that time they beat the Rangers in the World Series a few years ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Bay Area being not-so-secretly racist isn't exactly a new thing.