Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Thanatosian posted:

I mean... ideally, you'd give people a 401k and a pension.

Or, OR, you get rid of 401k plans and tell the rich to go gamble with their own money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

There was a lot of hemming and hawing and trying to convince people the new system. But new people are all in the new system.

I mean. Its "better" in that you dont have to hit 20 years. You can do a tour and end up with a tiny 401k and gi bill.

But anyone doing a career is getting a way worse deal.

No idea about GS positions.

if it keeps people from signing up to kill brown people for a camero im all for it

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I got bought out of my previous employers pension

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

It looks like a snake getting its head bitten off by a mongoose

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Thanatosian posted:

I mean... ideally, you'd give people a 401k and a pension.

this was how it was originally intended (or at least, so they claim)

now it's just everyone being funneled into the high-fee funds that your company gets paid a kickback to "offer" and a token 3% match or whatever

investing in the stock market is immoral and makes you complicit in the market's crimes anyway, so just shove it in cash or treasury bonds

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

everyone has some token matching 401k, it’s a requirement to offer it to peons if upper management wants access to tax advantaged savings as well

Pretty sure this doesn't exist in Canada. There's the CPP, the Canadian Pension Plan which is automatically paid into and matched by employers but it's very likely going to be completely emptied out by the time we retire as it's not being paid into as quickly as it's being drained. Plus, the CPP was designed to be a last resort old age pension and if you retire with no savings other than what CPP pays out then have fun in your bedbug ridden senior microapartment full of people too poor to be in care homes.

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

CommonShore posted:

It looks like a snake getting its head bitten off by a mongoose

coincidentally, the solution also involves heads coming off

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Pretty sure this doesn't exist in Canada. There's the CPP, the Canadian Pension Plan which is automatically paid into and matched by employers but it's very likely going to be completely emptied out by the time we retire as it's not being paid into as quickly as it's being drained. Plus, the CPP was designed to be a last resort old age pension and if you retire with no savings other than what CPP pays out then have fun in your bedbug ridden senior microapartment full of people too poor to be in care homes.

In America we call that social security and it will also be long gone by the time I can retire...which is never

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
https://twitter.com/MLMStruggler/status/1138283248419790848
5 figure smart toilets with custom user profiles that get shat in maybe half a dozen times a year.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Dr. Killjoy posted:

5 figure smart toilets with custom user profiles that get shat in maybe half a dozen times a year.

BUT AT LEAST IM WORKIN'

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

There's a reason I loving hate HGTV. I can't understand how my mother watches that garbage and the excesses.

Like I get that home improvement is her hobby, but if I have to watch one more interior designer get apoplectic about tile or pipes or poo poo in a house with a budget in the millions of dollars...

:thermidor:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Warmachine posted:

There's a reason I loving hate HGTV. I can't understand how my mother watches that garbage and the excesses.

Like I get that home improvement is her hobby, but if I have to watch one more interior designer get apoplectic about tile or pipes or poo poo in a house with a budget in the millions of dollars...

:thermidor:

why do you have to watch it?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

why do you have to watch it?

Because she ties me to the living room chair and holds my eyes open with one of those metal plier contraptions.

Because when I go to visit that is what is on the TV, because that's what she watches.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
If you’ve been craving a city apartment with a side of Colonel Sander’s famous Kentucky Fried Chicken, this could be the deal too finger lickin’ good to pass up.

Real estate agent Michael Bacon has listed a Kangaroo Point unit for sale with a $500 KFC voucher as a sweetener.

The Place Kangaroo Point agent said with one of the Colonel’s stores across the road from 308/36 Anglesey St, it seemed like the logical marketing incentive.

“I’ve done the math and $500 can get you around 550 chicken nuggets or 300 wicked wings or, with summer in mind, 500 $1 frozen drinks,” he said.

The self-confessed KFC fan said the demographic likely to be interested in the home were younger professionals and first homebuyers, a demographic he believed also had a taste for the kind of fine cuisine coated in 11 secret herbs and spices.

“The feedback has been really positive so far,” Mr Bacon said.

And while buyers may be lured in by almost a year of weekly hangover cures in the form of three-piece feeds, the apartment itself is a great buy, the local agent said.

The 91sq m property is about two years old and has a private balcony with city views.

There is an open-plan, dining and kitchen area opening to the balcony, a master bedroom with ensuite and balcony access, a second bedroom with private outdoor space, a bathroom, a laundry and a study nook.

Mr Bacon said the complex also has a rooftop pool, deck and massive barbecue area — the perfect place to unwind and enjoy a Zinger Burger while taking in the Brisbane city skyline.

And if you have your fill of KFC, the property is close to bars, restaurants and cafes.

Mr Bacon said with a last name like his, this campaign won’t be his last foodie incentive.

“Bacon goes with everything,” he said. “I’ve got a few other tasty options coming up.”

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wait really? 91 meters squared? So like 300 square feet...?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Larry Parrish posted:

Wait really? 91 meters squared? So like 300 square feet...?
Almost a thousand square feet. poo poo gets weird with area calculations.

I'm gonna talk about 100 square meters to make it easy:

100 square meters is a square with sides of 10 meters long (10 x 10). One meter is 3.2 feet, so 10 meters is about 32 feet. So that 10 meter x 10 meter square is 32 feet x 32 feet, or 1024 square feet.

One square meter is almost eleven square feet.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nerd

Content time

https://twitter.com/HannahD15/status/1182073237850583042

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

85-95sqm is a pretty standard "entry level" 2.5br townhouse or apartment. Or in other words, the largest dwelling anyone under 40 will ever be able to afford.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Was looking at houses for sale in Eagle Rapids up in Michigan and there are 1 bed 1 bath apartments for sale for $400k each and I just don't understand how they are priced that high. It's just a podunk town. Beautiful, but where I'm living is too and empty lots aren't running $180k

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Does your house come with chicken?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

bike tory posted:

85-95sqm is a pretty standard "entry level" 2.5br townhouse or apartment. Or in other words, the largest dwelling anyone under 40 will ever be able to afford.

Affording to buy property, heh

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Anidav posted:

Does your house come with chicken?

I sleep in a big house with my wife.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Panfilo posted:

I sleep in a big house with my wife.

I sleep in a big house with your wife too.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos/status/1182044800398311426

Hiring an actor to play your YouTube character for a touring stage show? That's understandable.

Selling meet and greets for that actor that's supposed to be you? :capitalism:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Doggles posted:

Hiring an actor to play your YouTube character for a touring stage show? That's understandable.

I get being upset but my kid likes Blippi and I’d just get nosebleed seats and not tell him...it’s not like he’s gonna know

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Blippi's audience is like 2-4 year olds, they aren't going to know. It's lovely and exploitative not to make it clear that they'll be meeting an actor, I guess

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
So... You guys just gonna skip over the scat factor?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i have some bad news about the president

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Dreddout posted:

look if my man needs to eat poo poo with a consenting adult to get hornt then it’s none of my business asides from joking

speaking of which, for hygiene reasons perhaps it’s best he’s sending an impersonator for these meet and greets

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dreddout posted:

It wasn't Blippi who shat on someone, and Steezy Grossman won't be on the tour, so what's the problem :shrug:

Seriouspost: not going on the tour himself is actually the only way he could do a Blippi tour at all. We all know what would happen if a friendshitter did meet n greets with toddlers: the media would have a field day big time stylee. The attention he gets for not doing it now is nothing in comparison.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Really it's nice to have the scat thing in the open, children entertainers with seemingly spotless records usually turn out far worse. Thank God it's just poo poo.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Let he who hath shat not on his friend's face cast the first tweet

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It was genuinely nice to have an entertainer who's scandal didn't involve sexual assault or child slavery or genocide or some poo poo. The dude made a gross video but everything involved was consenting and legal so like... What's the big deal?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
He was be-bopping and scatting all over me!

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Dr. Killjoy posted:

The reddit thread is worth a read. More insane stories in the comments.

https://old.reddit.com/r/chapotraphouse2/comments/bwgqok/i_build_houses_for_the_ultra_wealthy_its_worse/

quote:

Feel this poo poo hard. These are not people. I do art handling in Chicago and routinely have to drink out of the bathroom sinks of billionaires because they don’t offer us any regular access to water.

Today I hung a $3.5 mil painting in Glencoe and then went outside into the bushes to take a piss because they didn’t want us to use their bathrooms. It’s loving insane

Svensken
May 29, 2010
loving servants thinking they should be afforded any favors smh :agesilaus:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

it's in australia

:kiss:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Doggles posted:

Literally that time on Cromartie High where Poo-tan hird Freddy to go to his meet and greets in his stead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

I get being upset but my kid likes Blippi and I’d just get nosebleed seats and not tell him...it’s not like he’s gonna know

You hosed up.