Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

papa horny michael posted:

hiring a producer to go through and delete adam from the recording

:hmmyes: a ‘producer’ to eliminate adam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I'm sad i missed ballin out super's stream of the final episode, i hadn't gotten to episodes where they announced it yet :(

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

anyone do a podcast? where do you actually upload one? how do you upload one?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

soundcloud probably. i think they also generate a rss feed for you so people can subscribe to it

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Pretty certain you have to go throw each "platform" and set up a feed (if you want it to be found through the app or whatever). I think Apple requires some vetting, but everywhere else should be straight forward.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Great Chapo episode. I thought the Cumboys were a great addition, although yeah, Stav would have been nice to have there too. Amber was aggro, which is when she's at her best imo. I look forward to seeing this movie.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

I'm sad i missed ballin out super's stream of the final episode, i hadn't gotten to episodes where they announced it yet :(

dang, they should have done a better job promoting that. it's on their channel's videos now, so i'm definitely watching it

Serf
May 5, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

i use soundcloud, which is good but expensive. some people swear by libsyn but tbh i'm not sold yet. seems like more work on my part. as for how, you generally just upload the file and then it generates a link. i know soundcloud gives you an rss feed that you then give to like apple, and wait to see if they approve it. they generally do i think

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

amber ethering the cumtown dudes was pretty funny and I was laughing that everyone is talking high minded concepts about a joker movie and the cum town kids are just in the backround going "uhhhh the love guru?"

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
"is this your penis in my popcorn" was fantastic

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

I'm an Indian baby, yeah

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Larry Parrish posted:

I love street fight and listen to every basement show but I'm sure the live stream is unwatchable for the same reason the call in show tends to suck
I listened to one Street Fight call-in show. It was mostly them talking to people about the myriad injustices of lovely jobs and lovely bosses, which is where they're at their best (and where leftism in general is at its best). I just can't listen to a bunch of three hour shows, though.

They spend way too much loving time on the basement shows talking about their podcast and being podcasters and going on tour. I don't care.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

I listened to one Street Fight call-in show. It was mostly them talking to people about the myriad injustices of lovely jobs and lovely bosses, which is where they're at their best (and where leftism in general is at its best). I just can't listen to a bunch of three hour shows, though.

They spend way too much loving time on the basement shows talking about their podcast and being podcasters and going on tour. I don't care.

100% agreed. it would have been life changing had I heard a call in show when I was seventeen. That lane is absolutely necessary in any leftist movement and I hope they get more kids listening.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

thanks for the replies guys, very helpful :)

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Helsing posted:

That's also a good summary of why trueanon sucks. The topic deserved a host who doesn't make every episode about himself.

yeah, this

I initially started listening bc I didn't want to have to go through all the posts myself, but I had to tap out after barely paying attention to six or so episodes because it's more tedious to listen to him talk than to slog through posts

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Street Fight just did their second ABCD call-in show: Anyone But Cis Dudes. Three hours can be a bit much, but it's really sweet of them to make the extra effort to be inclusive. Prolly gonna end up listening to that one, though not in one go.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I like street fight a lot but they produce way too much content for me

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

eighty-four merc posted:

yeah, this

I initially started listening bc I didn't want to have to go through all the posts myself, but I had to tap out after barely paying attention to six or so episodes because it's more tedious to listen to him talk than to slog through posts

I also kind of assumed that they would do some amount of actual journalism since they were taking money over Patreon. You know, interview actually relevant guests instead of their friends from Chapo and Red Scare, or actually do some freedom of information requests or read details from the polcie reports or otherwise put any effort whatsoever into their show other than just reading the same articles everyone else has read and then riff on them. Brace even has enough minor celebrity cred to have gotten a shoutout from Chris Hansen, they absolutely could have used that notoriety to actually achieve things.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Trueannon is a CIA project.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Helsing posted:

I also kind of assumed that they would do some amount of actual journalism since they were taking money over Patreon. You know, interview actually relevant guests instead of their friends from Chapo and Red Scare, or actually do some freedom of information requests or read details from the polcie reports or otherwise put any effort whatsoever into their show other than just reading the same articles everyone else has read and then riff on them. Brace even has enough minor celebrity cred to have gotten a shoutout from Chris Hansen, they absolutely could have used that notoriety to actually achieve things.

I think they got a ton of money a few episodes in once Epstein was murdered so any drive to hustle dried up right there and then.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Dreylad posted:

I think they got a ton of money a few episodes in once Epstein was murdered so any drive to hustle dried up right there and then.

That's exactly my issue. There's probably only really space for one or two internet crowd funded investigations and they managed to hoover up most of the available capital and then do absolutely nothing of value with it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I'm not trying to take a dump on the point you're making here, but I feel like if we're hoping for an irreverent leftist podcast to do investigative journalism on what is a genuinely very powerful and dangerous conspiracy, it's a lost cause. That the news cycle seems to have moved on is very damning of American media writ large.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Helsing posted:

That's exactly my issue. There's probably only really space for one or two internet crowd funded investigations and they managed to hoover up most of the available capital and then do absolutely nothing of value with it.

Yeah it's pretty disappointing, I haven't kept up with the pod but I hoped there'd be someone carrying the torch on this particular news story since it's so grotesque.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helsing posted:

What a crime lol. I just knew some weirdo internet leftists would have finally uncovered information that could lead to hillary clinton's arrest

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

I could take or leave the irreverent part I just wanted someone to do an actual investigation and Brace had the name recognition, money and reckless youth necessary to pull it off. The news cycle was inevitably going to move on but someone who gave a poo poo about anything other than self promotion would have been able to do a lot of good.

I think it's funny and probably very representative of the moment in time that we live in that what brought down Truanon obviously wasn't fear of authority - Brace literally signed up to fight with an underfunded militia in a war zone - it was narcissism.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i like true anon and i subscribe, it's fine.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

I dunno if it was this thread, but someone linked the Iran-Iraq War series by Lions Led by Donkeys and I dig it so far! Sort of like War Nerd lite by veterans. Their series on the Soviet-Afghan War was especially interesting since at least one of them served in Afghanistan and apparently poo poo hasn't changed all that much since then

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Give money to whitney webb

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Helsing posted:

I could take or leave the irreverent part I just wanted someone to do an actual investigation and Brace had the name recognition, money and reckless youth necessary to pull it off. The news cycle was inevitably going to move on but someone who gave a poo poo about anything other than self promotion would have been able to do a lot of good.

I think it's funny and probably very representative of the moment in time that we live in that what brought down Truanon obviously wasn't fear of authority - Brace literally signed up to fight with an underfunded militia in a war zone - it was narcissism.

Let's say someone does a serious piece (podcast, video series, whatever) on Epstein's CIA connections and beyond. Somehow, the people behind it are able to get out all the info without being bought off or killed, and it's published on a publicly available platform almost anyone has access to.

Then what?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

brace spends 29 hours a week working in a warehouse so i admit i was not exactly expecting full-time investigative reporting

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

yeah i just view it as a good pod keeping tabs on ongoing epstein news, occasionally funny with some good deep dives into the world of finance and shadowy forces, i never figured it'd be some profound work of investigative journalism it's called trueanon ffs lol

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
give your money to me

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Ace of Baes posted:

give your money to me

well i do enjoy wordplay as shown by my trueanon sub, and ace of baes is darned good wordplay. how does 65 thousand dollars sound.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
sounds good cashapp $ceofbaes

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

MizPiz posted:

Let's say someone does a serious piece (podcast, video series, whatever) on Epstein's CIA connections and beyond. Somehow, the people behind it are able to get out all the info without being bought off or killed, and it's published on a publicly available platform almost anyone has access to.

Then what?

Then I would subscribe to their patreon.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

gh0stpinballa posted:

yeah i just view it as a good pod keeping tabs on ongoing epstein news, occasionally funny with some good deep dives into the world of finance and shadowy forces, i never figured it'd be some profound work of investigative journalism it's called trueanon ffs lol

no actually anybody who makes some Patreon money should quit their day job and become an amateur investigative journalist no matter how precarious it is. me want it. me me me

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Ace of Baes posted:

give your money to me

no cast no cash :lofty:

but seriously, are you ok? pm me.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

Don't let them PM you, it's a scam, you fool.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Doc Hawkins posted:

I have $16,000 I credit card debt $33,000 in student loans and $400 in my bank account, I live in abject poverty but I'm not homeless, so I've got that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the italian bane body builder thing made me laugh extremely hard, is that what all cum town humor is like?