Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

https://twitter.com/jengriffinfnc/status/1182053870744276993?s=21

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
for the first time

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

At last we know who the true victims are.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
do turkish people really believe their presidents poo poo

like everytime something about kurdistan is posted on twitter, there's five turkish guys posting propaganda on how turkey is the good guy actually

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

like everytime something about kurdistan is posted on twitter, there's five turkish guys posting propaganda on how turkey is the good guy actually

you do realize that you're basically asking if there are a bunch of crazy nationalists in turkey, right

well bad news buddy every country has a bunch of those assholes

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'd say at least a third of people in every country will uncritically believe in their state's propaganda.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Kurtofan posted:

yes, even people supporting the opposing party, when it comes to the Kurds (more so, even, for the secular Kemalists).

there are also a lot of Turks online, always have been (see Internet Mahir). combined with near constant propaganda of nationalism and religion, and you get a population that’s stupid and insane (me)

being a citizen of USA and turkey I am extremely ashamed and mad atm.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1182225561319563264

lets go kurds baby love da kurds

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

hells yeah

Mawarannahr Bucket posted:

yes, even people supporting the opposing party, when it comes to the Kurds (more so, even, for the secular Kemalists).

there are also a lot of Turks online, always have been (see Internet Mahir). combined with near constant propaganda of nationalism and religion, and you get a population that’s stupid and insane (me)

being a citizen of USA and turkey I am extremely ashamed and mad atm.

thanks for the perspective, i guess it's not really different from what you see with trump or modi supporters online

hell macron has rabid supporters parroting talking points online

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'm just here, hoping turkey ends up with like 80% loss rate in this war or whatever they're calling it now

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Truga posted:

i'm just here, hoping turkey ends up with like 80% loss rate in this war or whatever they're calling it now

they call it “correcting the demographics”

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

tayyip erdogan should have dere kneecaps broken in da trunk of a TEMSA

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Can you loving imagine being those Special Forces soldiers who had to walk away from what they know is going to be a slaughter of the very guys they were helping protect?
Hey, here's some PTSD for you: sitting idle on an overlook as you watch Turkish artillery shell the very house you were helping protect 24 hours earlier and you know there's a family of six in there and you helped with the youngest kids birthday party a couple days ago and oh well.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Truga posted:

The Turkish offensive could have an 80% loss rate and it wouldn't affect them at all, because all the real fighting is being done by FSA auxiliaries. In fact, you'd be doing them a favor by killing all those psychos.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ahval_en/status/1182244490876215301

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

bloom posted:

Can you loving imagine being those Special Forces soldiers who had to walk away from what they know is going to be a slaughter of the very guys they were helping protect?
Hey, here's some PTSD for you: sitting idle on an overlook as you watch Turkish artillery shell the very house you were helping protect 24 hours earlier and you know there's a family of six in there and you helped with the youngest kids birthday party a couple days ago and oh well.

special forces operators that train US-backed insurgents across multiple continents, the real victims :hmmyes:

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

bloom posted:

they knew what the gently caress they were getting into when they sold their souls to join the us military, they get zero sympys from me

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Betraying our allies? I'M DONE WITH IT!

Still love killing though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lightning Knight posted:

they call it “correcting the demographics”

i thought that was on monday, is it that again

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Countdown until Europeans decide to accept complicity in ethnic cleansing so they don't have to deal with more Syrian refugees.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

uncop posted:

Countdown until Europeans decide to accept complicity in ethnic cleansing so they don't have to deal with more Syrian refugees.

This countdown ended several years ago

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

uncop posted:

Europe is an incredibly cowardly continent, i'm pretty sure the countdown isn't even necessary

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uncop posted:

they don't have to deal with them right now. all those Syrian refugees are stuck in Turkey - which is why Erdogan is invading now. if they really wanted an end to the refugee crisis they'd swallow their own hypocritical liberal values and help the government end the war, so people could actually return to Syria. Turkey creating new zones of occupation controlled by Salafi separatists won't end the war it's just going to draw it out indefinitely and force those refugees back into a warzone.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

HerraS posted:

they knew what the gently caress they were getting into when they sold their souls to join the us military, they get zero sympys from me

but... they're the good guys right? :ohdear: if there's one thing us special forces are known for it's all the nice things they've done for locals in various poor countries

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

gradenko_2000 posted:

lets go kurds baby love da kurds

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
I absolutely get how this'd be the first time SF guys would feel this way, since they get extraordinary tunnel vision due to their line of work that's limited to the things that they do, see or hear (which is only amplified by the indoctrination they got all the way from boot camp onwards).

So I guess as much as this situation sucks, I'm glad that guy got to see and hear at long last just what a piece of poo poo the United States really is.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

HerraS posted:

Most Americans need stepping stools for morality op

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
the willingness of Russia to act as a mediator should make clear that the United States no longer has any case, whatsoever, to make as a guarantor of peace or even stability but that that title belongs to the so-called pariah states of Russia, Iran, China, DPRK, etc.

Are there organizations one can contribute to that could help the Kurdish people in northern Syria at times like this?

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

ahahaha

great job to all those European liberal fuckheads who spent the last few years getting super xenophobic on immigration as a compromise with the far right

turns out giving tacit consent to mild ethnic cleansing in their own countries significantly reduces their leverage to complain about foreign ethnic cleansing

i dunno why I'm laughing, this loving sucks.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Main Paineframe posted:

i dunno why I'm laughing, this loving sucks.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/netanyahu/status/1182268451269857281

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
C-SPAM: i dunno why I'm laughing, this loving sucks.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's called horrormirth btw

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Unless that involves big dick F-35s to 'humanitarian-like' shoot down the rear end in a top hat F-16s that are bombing civvies, I'm not really sure this'll do much.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

freckle posted:

it's called horrormirth btw
i always wondered what my condition is called

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

This honestly broke the gently caress out of my brain. Holy poo poo.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

a demographic correction too extreme even for bibi! now ive seen everything

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

fabergay egg posted:

a demographic correction too extreme even for bibi! now ive seen everything

It's more like: "You don't get to do this Turkey! Only we get to do this!"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bibi only cares about the oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Saalkin posted:

This honestly broke the gently caress out of my brain. Holy poo poo.

I'm pretty sure Israel has always supported forming a Kurdish "second Israel" to act as a bit of a lightning rod against all the hatred thrown their way in the region. Generally Israel just wants to destabilize all their neighbors and this is one of the ways to do it.