Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Shedding blood, sweat, and tears with allies over months and years, only to have to abandon them because a broke-brained president, is probably going to haunt these men forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Shedding blood, sweat, and tears with allies over months and years, only to have to abandon them because a broke-brained president, is probably going to haunt these men forever.
Because he owns property in Turkey, and doesn't like the responsibilities that come with his office.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

https://twitter.com/JohnKiriakou/st...ingawful.com%2F

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

maybe on the flight home they'll have a layover in Turkey and can get a Trump Towers room in DTS

get to see what they're fighting for and all

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Holy poo poo

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
This friendship with GWB shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's watched her stand-up. Shes always been pretty pro-torture.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
My general secret to staying sane in all this is to operate under a veil of negative expectations, but not so far down as the "nothing matters" attitude. That forces me to amplify/cheer the small victories.

The fact that Donald Trump will never be happy, ever, and that's now forcing McConnell to listen to him three times a day is just loving excellent. They deserve each other.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So the company that operates Targer Center told Minneapolis that they couldn't just eat the cost of extra security for the rally because that would be a campaign contribution. That's what they said on Saturday, but now the rally is going ahead, and there isn't a clear answer is to what changed.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

My Spirit Otter posted:

This friendship with GWB shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who's watched her stand-up. Shes always been pretty pro-torture.

:wow:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/clarissaward/status/1182003997147836418?s=21

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

facialimpediment posted:

My general secret to staying sane in all this is to operate under a veil of negative expectations, but not so far down as the "nothing matters" attitude.

Nothing matters land is a magical place. Just smoking weeds, petting all the dogs, giving no fucks.

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011

How the gently caress did they not see this coming? Not simply as a factor of Trump, but as a clear trend within the foreign policy of this country (and indeed most others)

...because they could not willfully think that and still do their jobs. Because they shoved it out. Because they are ultimately truly good soldiers, not that I have any idea what the gently caress that truly means, and they believe in what they do. And yet here I sit, on the internet, having to consciously fight the urge to gloat. gently caress me.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/markgongloff/status/1181975704453468161?s=21

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
uhh right...

This definitely feels like a low point for our Foreign Policy under the Trump admin, though its hard to keep track of all the loving winning

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Here's my bit of optimism. All of the people with spines walked, were kicked out, or dissipated the first year of the Trump presidency or before it even started.

We're now at a point where the remaining careerists who have kissed boots and swallowed poo poo but resented it are looking at their calendars and seeing light at the end of the tunnel.

Basically the resentful opportunists are going to have a field day over the next 12 months and a deliver a never-ending poo poo storm for Trump.

Congress, of course, will do nothing. There will be no real consequences. But I sure loving hope to god it guarantees an electoral turnout from disgusted people who swamp the deathculters.

El Mero Mero fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 10, 2019

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

doesn't seem like a job for people capable of feeling shame, but maybe the full blown sociopaths join the CIA

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Doc Hawkins posted:

doesn't seem like a job for people capable of feeling shame, but maybe the full blown sociopaths join the CIA

Then how do you explain the Navy Seals

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
SF are good dudes, I feel bad they built these relationships with decent fighters just to have to leave. Like watching a sandcastle get washed away :smith:

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

if sand spoke it'd be weird to make castles from it, imo

e: i do feel sorry for them, though. how could you not? they are, with the kurds, victims of the same lie.

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 10, 2019

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?
Pablo Neruda wrote this poem about the Spanish Civil War and this whole Turkey/Kurds situation reminded me of it. Just swap Rojava for Almeria.

Almería

A plate for the Bishop, a plate chewed and bitter,
A plate of steel scraps, of ashes and tears,
A plate brimming over with fallen walls and sobs,
A plate for the Bishop, a plate of Almería's blood.

A plate for the banker, a plate of cheeks
of children from the happy South, a plate
of explosions, mad waters, of ruins and terror,
a plate of broken ankles and trampled heads.

Each morning, each murky morning of your life,
you'll have it steaming and hot on your table:
you'll push it back a bit with your soft soft hands
so as not to see it, not to eat it so often;
you'll push it back a bit between the bread
and the grapes, this plate of silent blood
that will be there each morning, every
morning.

A plate for the Colonel and the Colonel's wife,
at a garrison party, at every party,
over curses and spit, with the dawn's light of wine,
so you'll look out over the world, trembling and cold.

Yes, a plate for you all, rich ones everywhere,
ambassadors, ministers, atrocious dinner-guests,
ladies with comfortable tea and bottoms:
a plate destroyed, overflowing, filthy with the blood of the poor,
each morning, each week, forever and ever,
a plate of blood from Almería before you,
forever.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
While the possibility of an independent, democratic, Kurdish state would not alone justify GWOT (or the 100+ years of fuckery leading up to it), there could've been ONE loving NICE THING. ONE loving TIME WE DIDN'T SHAME OURSELVES.

What a reckless loving child. What a stupid loving nation.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nobody Is Buying Dallas PD’s Bullshit Story About Joshua Brown’s Death

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Victor Vermis posted:

While the possibility of an independent, democratic, Kurdish state would not alone justify GWOT (or the 100+ years of fuckery leading up to it), there could've been ONE loving NICE THING. ONE loving TIME WE DIDN'T SHAME OURSELVES.

What a reckless loving child. What a stupid loving nation.

We have hosed, in one way or another, every nation that has tried to get us to help them reach self-determination. Every single one. The fact that this time is going to end up with that nation getting turbo hosed is the big part for me.

I have not been in a good head space all week over this. I could forget or get distracted from everything else Cheeto Benito has done, but for some reason (a drat good reason, he gave the go-ahead on a genocide) its stuck.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

CoffeeQaddaffi posted:

I have not been in a good head space all week over this. I could forget or get distracted from everything else Cheeto Benito has done, but for some reason (a drat good reason, he gave the go-ahead on a genocide) its stuck.

Absolutely feeling the same.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Truuuuuuue

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNv0fjY4qjQ

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

good poo poo seemed weird

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

I really like this guy. Is he former SF?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

good poo poo seemed weird

why would they drive all the way to Dallas for drugs

Who gets shot in a loving weed deal

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

why would you have pounds of weed in your car

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

why would they drive all the way to Dallas for drugs

Who gets shot in a loving weed deal

The driving to Dallas part is the weird part. As is the whole "secret drug kingpin who just testified at a murder trial"

Getting shot over wholesale weight, not so much. It happens.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My grandparents lived in Alexandria, LA and I have family in Dallas so I've been in those areas a lot.

loving :laffo: at anyone driving from Alex to Dallas for weed just loving lol lol lol. No one would do that.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

There was a tweet thread when this all first happened and I wish I could find it, but it was some reporter with the theory that the guys who shot him were CIs and they hosed up somehow (hence the getting shot part) and that they'd likely be dead soon enough.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/DuffelBlog/status/1182249510367633408?s=19

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Handsome Ralph posted:

There was a tweet thread when this all first happened and I wish I could find it, but it was some reporter with the theory that the guys who shot him were CIs and they hosed up somehow (hence the getting shot part) and that they'd likely be dead soon enough.

CIs?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Criminal informants.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I hope the Kurds gently caress up the Turks something fierce.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1182287284714065923?s=19

HAHAHAHAHAH

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1182288316802228225?s=19