Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rowan is pretty great if you put him centre backline, not only do his potions autoheal when a player drops below 30% health, his special gives your team a huge energy boost so it sets off your supers quicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
I decided to fund and produce a free (no ads and no IAP) Post Climate Apocalypse game because I’m tired of arguing with climate deniers.

Even though I’ve worked at Mobile Game publishers in the past (Currently I’m not in the app world) , I did this on my own, my first Indy game in decades.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wvolk.climate

The Climate Trail is a "good, realistic, and sobering" free game about the post-apocalyptic world we face if we continue on our current path.

The Climate Trail uses the play style of the most popular educational game ever released, The Oregon Trail. The tipping point we are now at with climate change inspired its creation.

The Climate Trail is an entirely free game with no advertising about climate refugees fleeing ever-worsening conditions after inaction on climate has rendered much of the USA (and the world) uninhabitable. The game combines the simulation game of the journey north with visual novel elements where characters reveal how and why this climate apocalypse unfolded.

Enjoy.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

After not getting the 2nd island's Brutus drop, I opened one normally + am in chapter 14 where I'm about to get another. Time to decide if I feed Saveas to Brutus now, I don't need him to take the 160 resonating crystal, haven't used him since getting 161 Shemira, and its not like anyone cares about Challenger. I'm nowhere near the second L+ feed to Ascend the Brutus but can at least get him to 161.

e; I somehow have like 30 faction scrolls, going to get a poo poo ton of Light tonight.
e2; took Brutus up, went on a tear, have 32 faction scrolls and a poo poo ton of other resources. Will start ramping him up as soon as I get Shemira to 180.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 4, 2019

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Nephzinho posted:

After not getting the 2nd island's Brutus drop, I opened one normally + am in chapter 14 where I'm about to get another. Time to decide if I feed Saveas to Brutus now, I don't need him to take the 160 resonating crystal, haven't used him since getting 161 Shemira, and its not like anyone cares about Challenger. I'm nowhere near the second L+ feed to Ascend the Brutus but can at least get him to 161.

e; I somehow have like 30 faction scrolls, going to get a poo poo ton of Light tonight.
e2; took Brutus up, went on a tear, have 32 faction scrolls and a poo poo ton of other resources. Will start ramping him up as soon as I get Shemira to 180.

It looks like you are pretty well set up to use the all-star team of Brutus/Shemira/Tasi/Lyca/Nemora. That team will carry you into chapter 20 and beyond. Keep pumping up Shemira and she'll murder the other team by herself if the rest of your team is a big enough speedbump. It might be worth it to spend some faction scrolls on Wilders to get Tasi and Lyca up one more ascension level.

Edit: You can always sub in Arden for someone as well. He just gets pretty squishy fighting stuff beyond his level cap.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

VideoGameVet posted:

I decided to fund and produce a free (no ads and no IAP) Post Climate Apocalypse game because I’m tired of arguing with climate deniers.

Even though I’ve worked at Mobile Game publishers in the past (Currently I’m not in the app world) , I did this on my own, my first Indy game in decades.

The Climate Trail is a "good, realistic, and sobering" free game about the post-apocalyptic world we face if we continue on our current path.

The Climate Trail uses the play style of the most popular educational game ever released, The Oregon Trail. The tipping point we are now at with climate change inspired its creation.

The Climate Trail is an entirely free game with no advertising about climate refugees fleeing ever-worsening conditions after inaction on climate has rendered much of the USA (and the world) uninhabitable. The game combines the simulation game of the journey north with visual novel elements where characters reveal how and why this climate apocalypse unfolded.

Enjoy.

I saw this in the iOS thread, glad it's on android too. I'll give it a shot :)

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Dodoman posted:

I saw this in the iOS thread, glad it's on android too. I'll give it a shot :)

I really wanted to support Android, particularly since Google Play now supports Android apps on most Chromebooks and Chromebooks are what schools use.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Looks like Cytus 2 with all of its dlc got added to play pass. For me at least that's the first big get to make the service look worthwhile.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

VideoGameVet posted:

Enjoy.
Just tried this out. Well done, though not great for anxiety. Died real early on my first play. I like the little addition of things like "these guys fought the US to a draw pushing bikes on trails"

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

B33rChiller posted:

Just tried this out. Well done, though not great for anxiety. Died real early on my first play. I like the little addition of things like "these guys fought the US to a draw pushing bikes on trails"

Oh yeah, I even researched the loads the NVA carried on bikes.

As well as the disposed ride-share bike stuff.

Thanks.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Any fun sniper games that don't have energy? I don't mind paying a one time purchase at all, just want to save some hostages while earning money for my next RPG element upgrade without having to wait or watch too many ads.

Edit: Just remembered I have Hitman Sniper so something in that vein or more RPG-y.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 6, 2019

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Goon guild in afk arena has 2 spots open

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I'll take a spot as DemonMage in an hour when I can join another guild.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Is the Play subscription thing out now or was it just a coming-soon thing? How do you best take advantage of it with survey bux?

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.

DemonMage posted:

I'll take a spot as DemonMage in an hour when I can join another guild.

Added you

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Applied as goetta

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Applied as goetta

Added

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
1 spot in afk arena guild open

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't know if anyone's still playing Pocket City but a while ago, there was an update that offers a money-limited sandbox mode, which is the closest thing we'll likely get to a real Sim City on mobile. I'm finally trying it out, hopefully it's good.

Deathmic
Oct 24, 2009

fyallm posted:

Goon guild in afk arena has 2 spots open

Applied as Deathmic.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't know if anyone's still playing Pocket City but a while ago, there was an update that offers a money-limited sandbox mode, which is the closest thing we'll likely get to a real Sim City on mobile. I'm finally trying it out, hopefully it's good.

My client doesnt seem to have that, how do you access it?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

My client doesnt seem to have that, how do you access it?

When you go to start a new Sandbox city, right here:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Has anyone played the Call of Duty game on android? I know people like to look down on the series, and I don't care about that, but is it any good (taking into consideration that it's a FPS game on mobile... I have a controller). Or is it just F2P bullshit all the way?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Has anyone played the Call of Duty game on android? I know people like to look down on the series, and I don't care about that, but is it any good (taking into consideration that it's a FPS game on mobile... I have a controller). Or is it just F2P bullshit all the way?

I posted about it here before and was stupid, so I got back into it, and it is really great. I don't even know what you can spend money on aside from cosmetic poo poo; I've seen no way to speed up unlocking powerful guns or whatever, and plenty of people use the starting m4 to great effect.

You can't use a controller, but the touch controls are actually good once you get used to them.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Yeah touch controls are fine actually and in usually at the top. Though I'm thinking that is by design (lots of bots?)

You can't use a controller however the game does have official pc support. Not sure if player base is separated though.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Yeah touch controls are fine actually and in usually at the top. Though I'm thinking that is by design (lots of bots?)

You can't use a controller however the game does have official pc support. Not sure if player base is separated though.

Once you play ranked and start getting up in the ratings, you'll start hitting good players. I am high veteran now and have about a 60% win rate, and am only in the top sometimes (used to be leader every match).

The game detects if you're using an emulator and puts you in a different matchmaking queue, so you aren't playing against PC players if you're on the phone.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Looking for a turn based RPG, preferrably with the gameplay trappings of a JRPG (skills, upgrades, etc), and if possible, one that isn't tied to being online so I can put the game down if something comes up (ie: work). Doesn't have to be free.

I just sorta wanna poke around on my phone and casually grind stuff, but in a non-gacha environment. Is that still possible in 2019?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Morter posted:

Looking for a turn based RPG, preferrably with the gameplay trappings of a JRPG (skills, upgrades, etc), and if possible, one that isn't tied to being online so I can put the game down if something comes up (ie: work). Doesn't have to be free.

I just sorta wanna poke around on my phone and casually grind stuff, but in a non-gacha environment. Is that still possible in 2019?

Monster Hunter Stories. Does require you to be online when you start the app, but that's all.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Final Fantasy Tactics. It's the full, original game for like $10.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Gearman posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics. It's the full, original game for like $10.

I actually have it and tried it a year or so back. Was not very happy with the flow of it, as well as going through several menus to save progress. I'm sure people like it but it didn't click with me.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Yeah they made hardly any changes for the mobile version, it's fine but not great

Have you tried buriedbornes?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
[quote is not edit

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

Any fun sniper games that don't have energy? I don't mind paying a one time purchase at all, just want to save some hostages while earning money for my next RPG element upgrade without having to wait or watch too many ads.

Edit: Just remembered I have Hitman Sniper so something in that vein or more RPG-y.

Buller? Hitman was fun but totally would be down with this type of game ..

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Morter posted:

I actually have it and tried it a year or so back. Was not very happy with the flow of it, as well as going through several menus to save progress. I'm sure people like it but it didn't click with me.

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but Dungeons of Chaos is a really great old school style rpg in the vein of Ultima. Big open world, hard fights, lots of items, obtuse character progression. Very "CRPG from the early 90s" vibe. Its good.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What's the one that's basically a Dragon Warrior monsters game? Siralim?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Len posted:

What's the one that's basically a Dragon Warrior monsters game? Siralim?

Yup! I have Siralim 2 and 3 on my phone. They're great, but unfortunately if you wait too long or open too many apps after minimizing it (as I am wont to do at work), then it resets itself and if you didn't get to a save point to turn in your gear, you lose your progress on that floor.

Thanks for the responses gang--I'll happily take more, but I'll look up the suggestions.

What are the thoughts on Arcane Quest 3? Read some reviews and, on paper, it sounds interesting. I'll have to find time to look up gameplay videos though.

Morter fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 10, 2019

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but Dungeons of Chaos is a really great old school style rpg in the vein of Ultima. Big open world, hard fights, lots of items, obtuse character progression. Very "CRPG from the early 90s" vibe. Its good.

Oooh this looks absolutely brilliant. I've been trying lots of "rpgs" and dungeon divingy games, but nothing has really clicked.

Play store posted:

Dungeons of Chaos is a retro-style 2D RPG that takes you on an epic journey with numerous spells, skills and tactical combat to employ in order to win the battle against evil. Huge locations to explore (both unique and randomised). Totally ad-free, IAP-free, no internet or phone status permissions required.

Sold!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

The Quest might fit that mold, not sure if it's playable offline though.

Also not quite what you're looking for, but Stardew Valley and XCOM are playable offline.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

tater_salad posted:

Buller? Hitman was fun but totally would be down with this type of game ..

Thanks for the recommendation but I can't seem to find it. Play store or elsewhere?

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

I managed to get my game onto the Amazon store by doing a 'universal' build for Android.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

Thanks for the recommendation but I can't seem to find it. Play store or elsewhere?

I was asking if anyone else has a recommendation. "Buller" Is a quote from the movie ferris bullers day off.