Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Zodiac is right up there, too.

An extremely violent dude who sends puzzles to people! What fun!

e: That's quite a page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Zodiac is right up there, too.

An extremely violent dude who sends puzzles to people! What fun!

e: That's quite a page snipe.
everyone knows it was Will Shortz

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FactsAreUseless posted:

everyone knows it was Ted Cruz

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sorry, Cruz doesn't fit. It ends in a Z but there's five letters.

Doomguy1984
Dec 11, 2009
Are forum detectives better than real detectives?

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Ted Cruz would never have been satisfied with destroying the lives of only 5 innocent people.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Ted Cruz would never have been satisfied with destroying the lives of only 5 innocent people.

Which is why he changed tacts and went into politics

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

packetmantis posted:

I saw a news story about him and he said that he killed prostitutes and drug addicts because they wouldn't be missed. :smith: I wonder how many people do the same thing but we'll never find out about it.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Two cops found one of Dalmher’s victims drugged, disorientated and bleeding from his head an anus. He claimed he had been drugged and raped, but just then Dalmher showed up and convinced them that they were a couple and just had a fight. They took him to Dalhmer’s apartment where he had 2 bodies dissolving in barrels in his room and several body parts in his fridge. The cops just dropped the kid off and left where he was subsequently killed.

Both cops were suspended , but got reinstated with full back pay. One of them was even elected president of the police union.

Cops don’t give a duck about anything other than maintaining their own power and enriching themselves at the public’s expense.

think about all the drug users the pigs would have missed out on prison if they had spent time investigating the murders tho

people wonder why i'm in favor of police/prison abolition without realizing that the pigs barely do anything to make society safer and we would be in a much more ideal situation if we focused nearly all our efforts on eliminating the actual root causes for crimes happening in the first place: lack of housing/healthcare/employment, systemic racism, etc. capitalism basically

but no! cop good because cop make number go up, if no more cop, then number go down

Kanine has a new favorite as of 03:26 on Oct 10, 2019

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
http://the-toast.net/2015/11/02/childrens-stories-made-horrific-curious-george/

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

This is very good. So are the others in the series, but this one is my favorite.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

FactsAreUseless posted:

everyone knows it was Bernie Sanders

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Serious Cephalopod posted:

This is very good. So are the others in the series, but this one is my favorite.

Yeah it made me throw up, it's really good.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dutchy posted:

I don't really care about any of your vaginas and would like to stop reading about them.

5 years ago this guy hated on pussies and I'm drunkand mad about it

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Pvt.Scott posted:

This reminded me of that kerfuffle a few years back where a black man suspected of a crime had his picture on the news. He was shirtless and maybe something else, but it was argued that the picture had been chosen to prejudice the public against him, and surely there were more neutral photos to use. His Facebook profile pic was him in a hoodie, mean-mugging, pointing a gun at the camera.

I don’t remember the man’s name, so I’m having difficulty finding the two pictures. Does anyone else remember this?

You're going to have to narrow it down by a lot, that happens far too often.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

aphid_licker posted:

I hate this trope, the invincible quasi-superhero serial killer. Seriously, what the gently caress? How is that okay??

Based on the printed out Powerpoint slides that criminology students on my campus accidentally leave lying around I've determined that cops use pop culture as their sole source of information on how criminals act and look

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Pvt.Scott posted:

This reminded me of that kerfuffle a few years back where a black man suspected of a crime had his picture on the news. He was shirtless and maybe something else, but it was argued that the picture had been chosen to prejudice the public against him, and surely there were more neutral photos to use. His Facebook profile pic was him in a hoodie, mean-mugging, pointing a gun at the camera.

I don’t remember the man’s name, so I’m having difficulty finding the two pictures. Does anyone else remember this?

Anthony Stokes?

Also, gently caress the “charming and noble(!?)” serial killer trope.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Nckdictator posted:

Anthony Stokes?

Also, gently caress the “charming and noble(!?)” serial killer trope.

Yeah, that’s the one!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/09/us/anchorage-murder-sd-card-video.html

Lady finds a dropped SD card, turns out it has a likely serial killer’s home movies on it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

catlord posted:

Minority, drug addicted sex workers is the police not giving a poo poo hat trick. It's absolutely loving appalling how little police care and how so many of these people would have been caught so much sooner if only they could bring themselves to, you know, protect and serve the people in their community.

It also doesn't help that anybody involved in sex work and/or drugs is probably engaged in illegal activities themselves. Nothing on the level of murder obviously but it's an entire community that wants to actively stay the hell away from the police. It gets a lot harder to investigate a crime when you're dealing with people who just plain won't talk.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/mum-and-son-last-moments-on-doomed-hot-air-balloon-china-220638332.html

I’ve avoided hot air balloons ever since I watched the opening scene of Enduring Love so I know I’m safe from horrific poo poo like this

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

8 Ball posted:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/mum-and-son-last-moments-on-doomed-hot-air-balloon-china-220638332.html

I’ve avoided hot air balloons ever since I watched the opening scene of Enduring Love so I know I’m safe from horrific poo poo like this

Oh God oh God I'd always assumed the balloon was enough to parachute down with, but I guess at a certain altitude it would just pop, eh

Oh God

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A normal hot air balloon would not be able to pop, because it's open at the bottom.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It also doesn't help that anybody involved in sex work and/or drugs is probably engaged in illegal activities themselves. Nothing on the level of murder obviously but it's an entire community that wants to actively stay the hell away from the police. It gets a lot harder to investigate a crime when you're dealing with people who just plain won't talk.

I was sort of seeing a Chicago cop for a little bit and she would bitch about this nonstop. The "no snitching" thing makes it near impossible for police to investigate anything even when the entire community knows who killed who. She also didn't give a gently caress about gang members killing each other. She used to joke that the police should let them practice at their shooting ranges to improve their marksmanship so they could stop shooting kids.

She was a pretty crazy lady, but being a cop for decades will do that to you.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I was sort of seeing a Chicago cop for a little bit and she would bitch about this nonstop. The "no snitching" thing makes it near impossible for police to investigate anything even when the entire community knows who killed who. She also didn't give a gently caress about gang members killing each other. She used to joke that the police should let them practice at their shooting ranges to improve their marksmanship so they could stop shooting kids.

She was a pretty crazy lady, but being a cop for decades will do that to you.

this is the 2nd story about her that youve posted that i can recall. its fun to read. i couldnt imagine what it would be like dating someone that did a job that was so loving broken. i dated someone that worked in the advertising industry and even that disgusted me.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Rando posted:

5 years ago this guy hated on pussies and I'm drunkand mad about it

This is a hell of a necropost.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Killingyouguy! posted:

Oh God oh God I'd always assumed the balloon was enough to parachute down with, but I guess at a certain altitude it would just pop, eh

Oh God

i'm not sure how a helium balloon that large would work but a hot air balloon shouldn't be able to get so high as to rupture due to pressure differential. you have to keep injecting hot air into the balloon as it is constantly losing lift as the hot air cools. i guess there's nothing to stop a cold air balloon from just sailing away into the sky

a hot air balloon could rupture just because but since they don't get that high you could probably account for that when building the liner. it would also have to rupture pretty hard for the loss of hot air to counterbalance the addition of new hot air from the heater. after some brief research it looks like the most common cause of balloon accidents is hitting power lines or other obstacles, and fires from the air heating system

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Weather balloons, which have to go really far up, are only partially filled with helium so that they can expand as air pressure outside the balloon decreases. Hope this lady passed out from oxygen deprivation before she could either freeze or plummet to death.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Azathoth posted:

I'd also toss Richard Ramirez, the Not-So-Original Night Stalker, into that mix. He's the prototype of the unrepentant evil monster serial killer.

The Ramirez killings at least end with him getting identified by the public and beaten up by an angry mob until the cops hailed him away.

Contrast to Ted Bundy where the judge was openly jacking off about how cool and smart and charming he was and gosh darn if only he'd become a lawyer instead...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

buddhist nudist posted:

The Ramirez killings at least end with him getting identified by the public and beaten up by an angry mob until the cops hailed him away.

Contrast to Ted Bundy where the judge was openly jacking off about how cool and smart and charming he was and gosh darn if only he'd become a lawyer instead...

the judge still gave him multiple death sentences, tbf

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

Randaconda posted:

the judge still gave him multiple death sentences, tbf

Yeah, but there are infinite parallel universes where he got multiple death sentences and the judge didn't slob his knob like corn on the cob.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For an example of a serial killer who was just entirely batshit insane there’s always Richard Chase. Are there any other serial killers who are so beyond crazy pretty much no one doubted it?

Warning: he did some pretty hosed up poo poo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Chase

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 23:24 on Oct 10, 2019

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Aesop Poprock posted:

For an example of a serial killer who was just entirely batshit insane there’s always Richard Chase. Are there any other serial killers who are so beyond crazy pretty much no one doubted it?

Welp, that is something I can't un-read.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aesop Poprock posted:

You could argue Albert Fish, aka The Gray Man, but he tried to hide his crimes, so he likely wouldn't be found criminally insane these days, either.

Herbert Mullin was pretty out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Mullin

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Aesop Poprock posted:

The Last Podcast on the Left episodes on Richard Chase are some of my favorite things they've done. Just be ready to skip forward once you get to the "gold star" part, even if you're used to that sort of thing. It's probably the sickest I've ever been made by media since the bad old days of Something Awful desensitized me in the first place.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Randaconda posted:

You could argue Albert Fish, aka The Gray Man, but he tried to hide his crimes, so he likely wouldn't be found criminally insane these days, either.

Herbert Mullin was pretty out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Mullin

We call him crazy, but there weren't any major earthquakes from '72 to '73 soooooo....

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
This video came up in a creepy-stories YouTube hole, but having been a goon since ‘01 in various forms, it was like a heartwarming splash of nostalgia. The Story Of Ulillillia

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
OH poo poo there’s one on Caro too, bless his unmedicated and overconfident soul.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Busket Posket posted:

This video came up in a creepy-stories YouTube hole, but having been a goon since ‘01 in various forms, it was like a heartwarming splash of nostalgia. The Story Of Ulillillia

I hope Uli has an ok life today dabbing pizza grease and running really fast in video games. He seemed so pure in a bizarre way from reading about him a decade ago.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I legit enjoyed his videos as odd as that is, it was relaxing listening to him go on and on about the parallax scrolling in his game engine and poo poo back when.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I feel physically ill from this thread, that tweet about dan schneider deleting tweets had a picture in its replies of quentin tarantino sucking on toes and then measuring his face and the foot with the implication it could not be an adult woman's foot
Which led me to finding out tarantino apparently said Polanski's 13 year old victim wasn't raped and "wanted it".
Jesus christ. Im completely done with this man's movies. I wish to god someone out there found these white men, polanski, tarantino, schneider, et al and gave them what they actually deserved. This world just gives them a charmed protected life.