Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

gotta get upstairs to post but the stairs are out of order and i have no choice but to use the "escalator"

e:mmmmmmm dats a good snype

hamjobs posted:

cherry glazerr just dropped a new video~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0NvOxM8kPY

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Thanks for all the feel good vibes, feels good :)

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Oct 10, 2019

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaded Burnout

HaMjobs I hope you're doing better at the plan than I am

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
It's funny you ask because I think about doing both and end up looking like a fool because I should've just stepped off (and did the Hump)

♫♪ Alright, stop what you're dooin'
Cuz I'm about to ruin
the image and the style that you're used to
I'm not a hater,
But about those escalators...
Should I just stop and hop?
Or step the hell off like I was a cop-
I'm not a cop.
I saw that look in your eye,
Your weed is safe with me because I really like to get high
My name is Phoenix, I paid a magic caster
To polymorph the guy who used to be Splatmaster ♫ ♪

Goons Are Gifts

Jaded Burnout posted:

STICK TO IT!!!!!

Goons Are Gifts

I mean just as a reminder, not as an order or something

Escape From Noise

hamjobs posted:

cherry glazerr just dropped a new video~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0NvOxM8kPY

Cherry Glazerr is great. I remember hearing them on KEXP, which was one of the only cool things about living in Seattle.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Jaded Burnout posted:

Well bud I done hosed up and had an energy drink and a roll from the convenience for breakfast so... Nope, we're on this bus speeding at 80 mph together.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

STICK TO IT!!!!!

I'M TRYING DAD, I JUST WOKE UP REALLY LATE AND HUNGOVER FROM BASEBALL PARTY

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

In other news

BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL NLCS CHAMPS BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASEBALL BASE BALL

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Cherry Glazerr is great. I remember hearing them on KEXP, which was one of the only cool things about living in Seattle.

They're legit one of my favorite bands and they're loving fantastic live

Heather Papps

hello friend

what is the best concert ya'll ever been to>?

alnilam

Heather Papps posted:

probably a toss up between seeing Tinariwen or Vieux Farka Toure (Ali Farka's son) both in a really small intimate venue

ty manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

Rammstein

Escape From Noise

Hm....goddamn. Off the top of my head:
Aquabats
Sunn O)))
Melt-Banana
Boredoms
Lightning Bolt
Boris
Sleep
Sonic Youth
Kim Gordon with Yoshimi Pee-Wee
Jesus Lizard
OOIOO
Melvins
Shellac

Edit: You have opened a can of worms here

Daniel Menche
Justice Yeldham

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 10, 2019

Heather Papps

hello friend

mine was dis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ztm_KS3WYY

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
The worst concert was when my wife & I went to attempt to see the group Yes at Baltimore's Inner Harbor, an outdoor venue.

We arrived in time to see a nasty line of thunderstorms forming away from us, but absolutely heading in our direction.

Siberian Khatru started playing, Steve Howe was playing the opening riffs, and FLASH! POW! everyone jumped, the sound went dead, the heavens were rent asunder and everyone else scrambled to a bunch of tents that were set up by staff.

We weathered it out, we brought ponchos because rain was in the forecast. As we sat in the metal folding chairs and thunder and lightning roared all around us, a bunch of emnpty plastic cups floated in the flood that raged under our feet. I looked down and said to my wife,

"Welp, there go all our hopes and dreams of seeing Yes, floating away..."

The announcer cancelled show, saying "Steve Howe got quite a jolt, and we love Steve, so we're going to cancel it because half the electronics are fried anyway"

He and the band gave us an acoustic version of "All Good People" and it was righteous.

The BEST concert though was when my wife and I drove to Washington, DC to the National Theater, I think it was after Snowmageddon, or maybe Carmageddon, the streets of Washington DC were lined with like 10 feet of snow on either side, and we weren't even sure if we were going to even be able to get to the theater, let alone a parking garage.

We did.

Benoit David was the singer, Jon Anderson bailed the tour because "his doctor said he had nodules and he shouldn't sing" but he instead went on a Canadian and European tour to promote some solo work he was doing and he had no problem doing THAT, but no WAY am I bitter!

It was a great show. Asia opened for them (yep, I like ASIA... let the mocking begin!) and Geoff Downes did "Video Killed the Radio Star".

There may or may not have been 'shrooms involved...

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I'm trying like hell to stay the gently caress away from the news, sorry for rambling

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Heather Papps posted:

Absolutely seeing The Eagles of Death Metal in 2009 shortly after the release of Heart On. Jesse Hughes is one of the all time great frontmen. He exudes such a joy for rock and roll and the whole band looked like they were having as much fun as the audience. I've seen a lot of my favorite bands live but every show is measured against this one. My girlfriend at the time (now married) enjoyed the show but doesn't list it as a favorite because some doofuses in front of us wanted to mosh and crowd surf even though they're kinda more of a dancin band. These doofuses managed to barely get a guy up above the crowd before he came crashing down foot first into her head. It was very uncool and I wish those idiots hadn't marred the show for her. I'm totally cool with people smashing into eachother, but like, this was far removed from the front of the crowd, so the crowd wasn't dense enough to support a crowd surfer and everyone getting moshed into was like "go away."

At live shows they extend out the middle of the song "Speaking in Tongues" and it's magical to experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig__K_kBsb4

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Escape From Noise

Godflesh was also awesome.

Escape From Noise

Monotonix was probably one of the craziest and best too.

Escape From Noise

Sorry. I have a hard time choosing one.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Godflesh was also awesome.

i think this was the only time they came to canada, ever?

i missed jesu like 4 years earlier cause my love at the time got me very sick with kisses and beers and i fell down some stairs also, so i had to bail on the show.

i honestly thing now, upon reflection, that is why i ended the relationship. that and that she would not get up on stage with me at the andrew wk show.

at some point in this concert someone says praise dc and i loving bellowed "PRAISE JUSTIN" and i wish i could find it

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

at some point in this concert someone says praise dc and i loving bellowed "PRAISE JUSTIN" and i wish i could find it

honestly who even is dc green? is that the guys name? why do people care. i guess i'll do a bing

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

honestly who even is dc green? is that the guys name? why do people care. i guess i'll do a bing

ahahahaha holy poo poo i didn't evne know this dudes actual name lol

final is p good

MockingQuantum

We rockin out to some Type O Negative at work today, I can't decide if that makes me feel really cool or surprisingly old

thank you luvcow for the sig

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
Best concert for me is hands down seeing Acid Mothers Temple. For context, imagine a group of what looks to be Japanese senior citizens (seriously I don't think anyone in that group is a day under 50) who shuffle on stage and can barely speak English. Then they plug in their instruments and channel the ghost of Hendrix at his most acid-fried and do things to their guitars that I'm pretty sure are illegal in some jurisdictions. Closest I've come to transcendence through sound, outside of experiencing My Bloody Valentine's infamous noise breakdown live.

Also G'mungo folks! Hope you have a fantastic day/evening, time zone dependent.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

magic cactus posted:

Best concert for me is hands down seeing Acid Mothers Temple. For context, imagine a group of what looks to be Japanese senior citizens (seriously I don't think anyone in that group is a day under 50) who shuffle on stage and can barely speak English. Then they plug in their instruments and channel the ghost of Hendrix at his most acid-fried and do things to their guitars that I'm pretty sure are illegal in some jurisdictions. Closest I've come to transcendence through sound, outside of experiencing My Bloody Valentine's infamous noise breakdown live.

Their website is now bookmarked...

Thanks!

Escape From Noise

magic cactus posted:

Oh yeah! They're really old. I saw them in Sapporo years ago. I think I still have the danged t-shirt.

magic cactus

Oh yeah! They're really old. I saw them in Sapporo years ago. I think I still have the danged t-shirt.

They are super old. Still bring it live though. I'd really like to see Keiji Haino too. Apparently when you reach senior age in Japan you turn into a noise musician. My AMT T-shirt still gets worn all the dang time, cause it owns.

Escape From Noise

magic cactus posted:

They are super old. Still bring it live though. I'd really like to see Keiji Haino too. Apparently when you reach senior age in Japan you turn into a noise musician. My AMT T-shirt still gets worn all the dang time, cause it owns.

I saw him ages ago. God. I wish I could see more shows. Seeing random noise shows at Namba Bears was always fun.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Controversial opinion: music sounds better when you play a recording in a controlled set and setting.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

I guess the best concert I've been to was Japanther opening for Against Me! in like 2008

alnilam

Oh yeah sunn0))) is a really cool show, i sw them twice

I also got to see Yes the last tour before jon anderson split :blessed:

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Controversial opinion: music sounds better when you play a recording in a controlled set and setting.

I agree that's why i don't like live albums usually, but being at a show is a little different bc it's an experience as much as it is about the production quality of the music

ty manifisto

alnilam

Life goal: go back in time and see Can in concert

ty manifisto

Heather Papps

hello friend

SO i love the short story a sound of thunder
but

i have always honestly felt if we figured out time travel we'd just use it to go to like, the beatles playing in germany before breaking, or to see janis before she died, not kill a dinosaur for no good reason

magic cactus

Heather Papps posted:

SO i love the short story a sound of thunder
but

i have always honestly felt if we figured out time travel we'd just use it to go to like, the beatles playing in germany before breaking, or to see janis before she died, not kill a dinosaur for no good reason

Oh yeah 100% if I had a time machine it'd basically be a rewind button to give me access to all the great gigs I missed throughout history. On the other hand, it'd be cool to read a short story about how moments in popular culture shape the current time stream as much as say, killing a dinosaur would (I mean how many people still bring up Bowie's performance of "Heroes" at the Berlin Wall?)

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
best concert technically: Faith No More, on the king for a day/fool for a lifetime tour

they were so on point. I lucked out and walked to the back to cool off right before Mike Patton peed into the crowd . gross, but so glad I saw them live

most fun: 14(?) yr. old me saw Primus on Sailing the Seas of Cheese with Public Enemy & Anthrax on Bring tha Noise tour at Irvine Amphitheater

best party: Sonic Youth on Dirty tour with Pavement and Painteens

first all ages show, no parents: Violent Femmes on Why Do Birds Sing?

big wow: Estradasphere in a tiny room

ranks up there:
Melvins
Dino Jr.
Motorhead

just off the top of the dome...

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
oh, Lollapalooza 93 and 94...

Escape From Noise

I'm not generally a fan of live recordings but I think seeing someone live and being there to experience a one off take can be a very special and fun moment. The band playing off the crowd, and all that. I think my enjoyment depends on the band too. Live recordings of Flipper trolling their audience or Alan Vega screaming "Shut the gently caress up! This song is about Frankie!" at a crowd completely unreceptive to Suicide can be a really interesting and entertaining moment in time captured in recording in the way a studio record never could.

Sorry. I'm a massive music dork...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

Hugh Malone posted:

best concert technically: Faith No More, on the king for a day/fool for a lifetime tour

they were so on point. I lucked out and walked to the back to cool off right before Mike Patton peed into the crowd . gross, but so glad I saw them live

holy
loving
poo poo