Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

All crimes all the times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

hello my name is mr. snrub

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Got some bad news.

https://twitter.com/aleksnotalex/status/1182306489823891457

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's really loving dumb the target center agreed to allow the rally to go forward without the security being paid for ahead of time.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Nail Rat posted:

I don't think that's a thing that exists except maybe the one place you found, so good on you.

They certainly exist. The place I go used to have a beer fridge but removed it to make room for another chair, and now has an ice chest. I never need an appointment and I've gotten a lot of really honest non-judgmental advice about improving my outward appearance. I learned some great ways to style my hair and got out of the habit of just having it cut as short as possible to avoid having to do anything with it

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Wait what the gently caress happened?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Brony Car posted:

Is this piece bad because it's from Lawrence Summers or is there something else I'm not detecting? At least in this piece, he is speaking against economic inequality and discrepancies in job opportunities between various regions in this country.

The massive economy disparity he's writing about is not new, he's just writing about it because it's affecting white people now. He's bemoaning the dissolution of nationwide white middle class monoculture.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Feldegast42 posted:

gawker's remnants got bought out by univision who flipped them to someone else at a loss who appear to not be very good at what they do and keep loving with the remaining sites

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's really loving dumb the target center agreed to allow the rally to go forward without the security being paid for ahead of time.

Charge the Center for security imo

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

gawker's remnants got bought out by univision who flipped them to someone else at a loss who appear to not be very good at what they do and keep loving with the remaining sites

When you're bought out by an equity firm, you can expect to have your assets strip mined and then get tossed into the slag heap.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Feldegast42 posted:

https://twitter.com/Mobute/status/1182310727870226432

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Booourns posted:

hello my name is mr. snrub

They couldn't even come up with a funny fake name like Carlos Danger or Ron Mexico.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

InsertPotPun posted:

"Won't you look at that?"?

It's a common phrase, usually expressing bemused disbelief / shocked surprise or wonder.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Mahoning posted:

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/1182303424479715328

Lol, Kevin McCarthy is caught up in this poo poo too.

"Mr. McCarthy, you received campaign contributions from a foreign national, what is your defense?"

Parnas is a US citizen --- or are you saying he wasn't at time of donations?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

OddObserver posted:

he wasn't donating his money

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Would not be the least surprised if they draw a weapon on someone.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Larry Summers exists in a rareified atmosphere, an exclusive and very small club of humans who have managed to gently caress up the entire god drat world. It is truely staggering how much corruption he apparently deliberately engendered in the US economic mission to Russia immediately post-USSR (leading in no small way to the kleptocracy that birthed Putin's rise), and his influence on international economic policy and domestic US policy is difficult to overestimate. Everything you hate about Bill Clinton Summers probably had a hand in somewhere.

Wapo is fine overall but they are a Beltway as gently caress paper and it really shows in their opinion section.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1182316425161129985?s=19

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

OddObserver posted:

They were reporting the foreign donations in Parnas' name, according to the indictment.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Larry Summers exists in a rareified atmosphere, an exclusive and very small club of humans who have managed to gently caress up the entire god drat world. It is truely staggering how much corruption he apparently deliberately engendered in the US economic mission to Russia immediately post-USSR (leading in no small way to the kleptocracy that birthed Putin's rise), and his influence on international economic policy and domestic US policy is difficult to overestimate. Everything you hate about Bill Clinton Summers probably had a hand in somewhere.

Wapo is fine overall but they are a Beltway as gently caress paper and it really shows in their opinion section.

the key difference between wapo and the NYT is the wapo does a much better job of keeping the republican propaganda they print on the opinion page, while the NYT just up and prints brazen republican propaganda as news on the front page for balance every so often

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lol, they were bribing officials to do the exact things we did, but it's completely unrelated despite us constantly meeting with them

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/status/1182316716837277696

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Edwards' expensive haircut was a thing because he was also advocating economic populist positions at the time. And because you have to do something really stupid or vain to go over $100 for a men's haircut with short hair.

Women's haircuts aren't in the same ballpark. It's not even the same sport, really. If you have long hair and any texture to it other than "dead flat" you'd looking at a few benjamins to do it right.

What's Minneapolis going to do when Trump stiffs them for the advance funds? (besides "nothing")

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Could it be Barr tipping off Giuliani who in turn was tipping them off?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

canepazzo posted:

Could it be Barr tipping off Giuliani who in turn was tipping them off?

its certainly suspicious as all loving hell

hard to imagine guliani not getting drunk on tv and admitting it within a few days if so

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Flip Yr Wig posted:

When you're bought out by an equity firm, you can expect to have your assets strip mined and then get tossed into the slag heap.

Right. For a nice dramatized, not so fictional example of this, Succession's "Vaulter" episode is a pretty good one.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

evilweasel posted:

hard to imagine guliani not getting drunk on tv and admitting it within a few days if so

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/1182312299408822272

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

evilweasel posted:

“I told them they should go to France for awhile but they decided to go to Spain like fools!”

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Groovelord Neato posted:

I bet trump will make a show of not paying the bill.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

This is mighty close to letting militias operate checkpoints.

highme
May 25, 2001

I don't know how much hair cuts cost (being bald is economical) but I can get a quality beard trim w/ straight razor line up for $15-20 in countless places in Portland that also come with whiskey or beer. Which reminds me, it's been a few weeks and I might need to make an appoinment.

Nail Rat posted:

I don't think that's a thing that exists except maybe the one place you found, so good on you.

This might be the most shut in goon take I've read in a while.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

I dunno, I feel like some low level toadies are going to flip to avoid serious time and can’t really be that loyal to an insane relative of Bat Boy.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

highme posted:

I don't know how much hair cuts cost (being bald is economical) but I can get a quality beard trim w/ straight razor line up for $15-20 in countless places in Portland that also come with whiskey or beer. Which reminds me, it's been a few weeks and I might need to make an appoinment.

I knew hipster barbers were a thing but I never knew ones with free booze existed. Consider me corrected.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Nail Rat posted:

I knew hipster barbers were a thing but I never knew ones with free booze existed. Consider me corrected.

There’s nothing “hipster” about it, americans are just conditioned never to expect good things. Living in Germany I couldn’t go to a hair salon or even a laundromat without the ability to buy a drink or a coffee.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I used to get my hair cut for $10 by a crazy libertarian tax protester in her 60s. The conversation alone was worth the price of admission.

Edit: She also didn't have a barber's license cause that's how they get ya.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

mango sentinel posted:

The massive economy disparity he's writing about is not new, he's just writing about it because it's affecting white people now. He's bemoaning the dissolution of nationwide white middle class monoculture.

There never was one. It was always segregated by class. The pundit class really do exist in their own fantasy Sorkin bubbles from birth to death

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

What are the chances this goes as well as the time the Rolling Stones let the Hells Angels do security?

highme
May 25, 2001

Nail Rat posted:

:respek: I wasn't going to say anything, I figured it was mostly a phenomenon of places like here, then the OP said they were in Tampa and...

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

sean10mm posted:

I'm morbidly curious how Trump's cognitive decline plays out. It's only going to get worse and it seems to be accelerating.

What happens first?

A. "Don't slur bigly in public" filter goes out first, starts yelling :heritage: poo poo live on camera.
B. Language center completely melts down, starts saying literally indecipherable vowel soup.
C. Can walk and talk, but has sub-toddler awareness of what's going on around him or what common objects are.

I think it'll be darkly hilarious if he doesn't get us all killed first.

It’s going to speed up dramatically with the pressure of impeachment I imagine. I unfortunately watched my grandfather, dad, and uncle go through dementia and in my father’s case where he’d been a miserable prick for the past 40 years and alienated everyone who’d ever cared about him long before the dementia, the acute stress of having no support accelerated his decline about 5x fold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

highme posted:

Is it? hipster barbers that give free booze seems like a thing that would be a plausible business model in like 2 neighborhoods in maybe 6 cities on earth tops.