Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So do you think there will ever be even a second "planetary system" in SC? I think they have cornered themselves on this one.

So long as they show that they're still working on one system, that is borderline acceptable "alpha" tier-0 work, building the foundations and cleaning up the pipelines. It's a stretch, but easily swallowed by whoever remains a backer for this.

As soon as it transitions into "there's a second planet system now with one moon in it", however, then it is just sad. I don't think even the shill-est of shills could defend that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
has anyone said scam shitizen yet?

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
are we still talking about predicting player input?
it is utterly and totally impossible to "predict" which button will be pressed when.

a fighting game like street fighter: how do you want to predict how the match will play out?
a racing game: do you want to predict how exactly a driver will go through the bend?

so this is absolutely impossible and also it would contradict everything that videogame stand for. Doing stupid poo poo and enjoy the outcome on screen. or take mario: how will google predict that i misjudge some jump and miss a platform... (which is what videogames are all about. about failing and about not doing it right)

the only thing i could imagine is that google being google they could collect data from thousand of game sessions and then predict like: OK so play number 1.574.155.688 will probably do it like this and that.

edit: i will not talk about this topic anymore i promise...it''s like discussing the possibility of time travel...not a good idea.

BumbleOne fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 10, 2019

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AbstractNapper posted:

So do you think there will ever be even a second "planetary system" in SC? I think they have cornered themselves on this one.

So long as they show that they're still working on one system, that is borderline acceptable "alpha" tier-0 work, building the foundations and cleaning up the pipelines. It's a stretch, but easily swallowed by whoever remains a backer for this.

As soon as it transitions into "there's a second planet system now with one moon in it", however, then it is just sad. I don't think even the shill-est of shills could defend that.

The Pyro system is right around the corner and probably is a big part of the CitCon demo, along with maybe ship customization. They gonna show off that new volcanic biome they’ve been working on for so long.

The shills will rejoice, the whales will binge, and the cycle will begin anew.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

The over the top aggression how Kazan writes, you'd think he and tojal were cut from the same cloth.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Why is this thread back here

rePool
Apr 18, 2019

Undercover Goon.

So long and thanks for all the fish

chaosapiant posted:

That croberts fist bump looks misaligned. Is croberts blind, or did the poster just photoshop croberts into the frame?

I had to look again, and it does look somewhat photoshopped in, but that would be approaching stalker\obsessive level type creepy if it was.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Just popping in to say I remember reading through like 900 pages of Star Citizen threads in 2013. Is this poo poo still going? Have they reached a billion dollars in donations yet?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Just popping in to say I remember reading through like 900 pages of Star Citizen threads in 2013. Is this poo poo still going? Have they reached a billion dollars in donations yet?

Na just a quarter of a billion but the zombie shambles on so 1 billion is possible!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

G0RF posted:

It’s about that time:

I love the copywriting. “It is clear from your manner and bearing that you are Legatus Navium.”

Especially love the horked old Lexus slogan sandwiched in there like it ain’t no thing.

What does 78% actually mean?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Colostomy Bag posted:

What does 78% actually mean?

That the OP is 78% to $25k in, I think. Gamified backing and all that.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Stop PMing me asking me if I can buy extra Legatus Navium skins and gift them to you, they’re non transferable

e: sorry wrong thread

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Two boomers are sitting in the hot tub of that one JPEG. A lyrically modified version of a boring classic rock song plays. The boomers make eye contact, smiling.

Narrator: Get in the game and stay in the game longer with Legatus Navium.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

bird with big dick posted:

Stop PMing me asking me if I can buy extra Legatus Navium skins and gift them to you, they’re non transferable

check ur DM's

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

check ur FOIP

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

G0RF posted:

That the OP is 78% to $25k in, I think. Gamified backing and all that.

lmao, I figure it was something like 78% of ship was complete.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
78% of the way to completely obsoleting the ship so no one ever uses it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

AbstractNapper posted:

They'll probably have one by the end of the year or the start of the next. It's going to be Pyro (a big chunk of nothing with only a station and a super lovely planet). CIG has been signaling this for a while to the whales and its what they are expecting for the Con.

Citizens are going to celebrate it as a huge milestone for server meshing because everybody expects that a second server will handle the second system. (which also will excuse the loading times)

A tier-0 implementation for a server switch should be doable even for CIG.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

But the Ballista is still a good jpeg purchase right?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

chaosapiant posted:

And this is why I'll never use it. I'm relatively ok with different stores/platforms on PC, but subscription based services to play video games can go gently caress itself. At least for me. It's not for me.

But subscription is the best model for business. Won't somebody think of the corporations ?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kosumo posted:

I would wait for the Trebuchet I hear it can lauch missiles to an unheard-of range of Four kilometres

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trucutru posted:

They'll probably have one by the end of the year or the start of the next. It's going to be Pyro (a big chunk of nothing with only a station and a super lovely planet). CIG has been signaling this for a while to the whales and its what they are expecting for the Con.

Citizens are going to celebrate it as a huge milestone for server meshing because everybody expects that a second server will handle the second system. (which also will excuse the loading times)

A tier-0 implementation for a server switch should be doable even for CIG.

For sure. There is something about then having to remove something as well in order to fit the new content in the game, because well... because CIG.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I just want to use my Ballista for close in defence of my favourite cave system from Sandi worms, do you think I should hold off buying it?

Oh, I don't know what to do .... If only I had someway to soak away my troubles.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Why is this thread back here

None of us could put up with poster Titanic any longer so we moved here.

(Really it was a taxation minimization issuie)

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Kosumo posted:

No one's mentioned the Ballista for while, come to think of it. Or the mine laying ship, for that matter. Has the Ballista been fixed at all? Is the mine layer even in the game yet? Have they already been abandoned like everything else?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

tonk

marumaru
May 20, 2013

any reviews on the new hair workflows? really interested in seeing those improvements!!!!!!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Stop being a fudster. What's done is the initial work supporting the planning of the pipeline for creating the hair workflows

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Jonny Shiloh posted:

It's the new improved CIG turret animation.

*twists legs to eleventy fourteen o'clock - glitches through turret and dies*

\\o7

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!
I agree the whole negative latency thing sounds like BS marketing, but we gotta admit that Google has certainly innovated more than CI so far.

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

No-one who is as poo poo hot as Kazan thinks he is actually spends their time begging for respect on reddit like he does. It's the #1 give away. The mere fact he spends so much time shouting at people to respect him instead of peole actually respecting him for the things he does and says is the perfect demonstration of why the guy is such an idiot.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Does anyone still have the link to that bot page to whom you could ask any question and out would come a very detailed, almost sentient and creepily on point response? Asking for a friend.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MedicineHut posted:

Does anyone still have the link to that bot page to whom you could ask any question and out would come a very detailed, almost sentient and creepily on point response? Asking for a friend.

https://talktotransformer.com/

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Yuck. I hate everything about that steaming pile of bombastic crap except the words "the", "and" and "accouterments", which is an awesome reimagining of "accoutrements" with added ladyparts of shame, presumably.

Seriously, who writes this absolute bollocks?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Now this is a selling point

MANTIS ELEVATOR = BEAM PLATFORM

quote:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Press the Elevator button

ACTUAL RESULT

You are instantly transportet to Space 199.1 km away of the Mantis.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's cool how they treat it like a finished game lmao.

Also laughing at "fervent" being used to describe the insanely defensive to the point of sending death threats over jokes community

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Beet Wagon posted:

It's cool how they treat it like a finished game lmao.

They are making tons of money now, there's no upside to "finishing" the game besides decreased interest. So they might as well act like this is what they always intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

“Time to celebrate! Seven years…” couldn't read any further because of a near-terminal case of the giggles.