Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

I wonder if it's possible that the CAW tools are worse too, or at least the face tools. Forget what exactly the guy said about moving their stuff away from Yukes.

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Oct 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Swear to God they've gotten worse at this since 2k14.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
whose dick do i need to suck to get a fun wrestling game

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Swear to God they've gotten worse at this since 2k14.

I rented last years game and was legitimately shocked at how badly it played

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

whose dick do i need to suck to get a fun wrestling game

Here comes the pain still works if you get an emulator.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

OctoberCountry posted:

I rented last years game and was legitimately shocked at how badly it played

I'm not even talking about gameplay. 2k14 was the entry where everyone looked kinda plasticine and PS2-ish, so they had to have a big graphical overhaul especially with the new consoles coming, so 2k15 did this radical rework of the graphics engine to the point that they had to take out half the game. And here we are 6 years later, and everyone who's not scanned in looks like their stunt double.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

my eldest boy and I have been talking about getting an N64 with a HDMI adapter and going ham on No Mercy and some other classics. Anyone have any tips of hints?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Honestly what they should do, but never will because the broke-brained fans who buy this game every year will revolt, is tear it all down and start over even if that means the next iteration only has a roster of the 20 most popular wrestlers

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheBarrylad/status/1182362635737731072

It has to be Yukes bailing on them that their poo poo looks like this

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm still not over that Io model. It looks like someone built the model off someone else verbally describing what Io looks like to them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Durrrwayne Johnson.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

The Rick

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

KungFu Grip posted:

Odd to put Maven in a 2k game at this point.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Blast Fantasto posted:

Honestly what they should do, but never will because the broke-brained fans who buy this game every year will revolt, is tear it all down and start over even if that means the next iteration only has a roster of the 20 most popular wrestlers

I'm not sure cutting down the roster would necessarily let them make a new engine.

I'm not sure what it would take for them to be able to do that. They're already treating some entries as just treading water until the next big overhaul, but even that doesn't give them enough lead time to actually make a new game. Maybe it'd require three years of roster updates, I dunno.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

coconono posted:

my eldest boy and I have been talking about getting an N64 with a HDMI adapter and going ham on No Mercy and some other classics. Anyone have any tips of hints?

You can emulate an N64 on like a RaspberryPi.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

look at the sammy guevara rear end eyebrows on this dude lmao

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Endless Mike posted:

You can emulate an N64 on like a RaspberryPi.

yeah I've got drafts up for a full on gamecenter using either Raspberry or these intel computing sticks I've been playing with.

but really I want to get the whole controller and cart experience as a dad and lad thing.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I wanna suggest if you are at all into Japanese wrestling, getting a translation patch and playing Virtual Pro Wrestling 2. It is the best game in the AKI series by far. No Mercy changed a decent amount of stuff for the worse I think not to mention the glitch that kills your saves.

Edit 1: On the other hand, weapons persist in No Mercy, and that is worth something.

Edit again: No Mercy is great to be honest, I just have residual anger at it for the fact that every copy I ever got my hands on had the glitch.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

there are two chad gables on the wwe 2k roster page https://wwe.2k.com/roster/

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

STONE COLD 64 posted:

combine them into chad adultman

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

it might make sense to keep long hair gable if jason jordan was still in the game but i don't think he is

rip jason jordan

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

STONE COLD 64 posted:

That might actually be acurate knowing 2K

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I think they fixed it, there's two Mr McMahon's on the site now, which is the ultimate nightmare

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It's also not super hard to get into the AKI modding scene. It took me at best an hour's worth of fiddling to get WCW - Feel the Bang working. Once you've done it a single time, it becomes much easier to get other AKI Mods working, and there's some cool stuff in the works like a full NXT Mod coming soon. Unfortunately, due to all the hacks, there's no way to make them run on an actual N64 - http://akilive.boards.net/

I feel the AKI engine is still infinitely superior to anything Yukes has ever put out. The amount of info it can convey without a HUD, just through simple animations and sound effects, is fantastic. There's no dipshit bar/slider mini-game to do when I'm pinned or in a submission, but I don't feel cheated if I lose because I took an appropriate amount of damage and I deserved it.

I miss just being able to pop in a wrestling game and friends who haven't even played them before can jump right in and have fun with them. I've played tons of Yukes games and still have to consult the (online) manual each year to understand how the controls have changed and what I am/am not allowed to do now. gently caress that poo poo when friends are over. I'll just pop in Def Jam - Fight for New York instead. It's like Yukes/THQ/2K at some point just gave up on the idea that anyone could casually enjoy playing these games.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I know the bar is low, but I've kinda been shocked at how bad some of these WWE2k20 characters look.

And a heads up for the handful who care: I been sick as a dog all day so no electronic wrestling tonight. Instead I'm gonna get hosed up on sinus medication and binge watch "Pastry Chef Attempts To Make..." videos on YouTube until I pass out.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Takuan posted:

I know the bar is low, but I've kinda been shocked at how bad some of these WWE2k20 characters look.

And a heads up for the handful who care: I been sick as a dog all day so no electronic wrestling tonight. Instead I'm gonna get hosed up on sinus medication and binge watch "Pastry Chef Attempts To Make..." videos on YouTube until I pass out.

Hope you feel better soon. And yeah, this game looks really bad. I look forward to seeing how bad on NL's launch day vid.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
lmao they completely ignored lio rush and didn't announce him for the game even though he's on the roster

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

The virgin gable

The chad gable

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

lmao Trent Seven but no WALTER

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fat Lowtax posted:

The virgin gable

The chad gable

The real reason Vince changed his name to Shorty, he looked at him and thought 'that's no chad'.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
So WALTER will probably be on community creatiobs on all 3 platforms within hours of the game coming out along with new sets

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it looks like they spent the entire graphics budget on a new subsurface scattering application model

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Cavauro posted:

it looks like they spent the entire graphics budget on a new subsurface scattering application model

They're fully stuck in this generation's early trend of "make everything very shiny!" and the late generation trend of "skin's creepy, diffuse the shiny!" so it all looks like a melting candle.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Why in 2019 can't there be a wrestling game with a ragdoll system for bumps. I've wanted it for literally decades and no one has made it and I am incredibly stupid so me making it isn't an option.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Ah, it's that time when the Rock was played by Bruce Willis.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why in 2019 can't there be a wrestling game with a ragdoll system for bumps. I've wanted it for literally decades and no one has made it and I am incredibly stupid so me making it isn't an option.

https://youtu.be/an5H_0vKLJA

Pro Wrestling X doesn't ragdoll on every bump but it does on big ones.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Eat My Fuc posted:

Make a wrestling game with the Euphoria engine like Backbreaker. That game wasn't anything special as far as football games go but the big hits were always super amusing to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Fat Lowtax posted:

The virgin gable

The chad gable

Loved this.