Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sorta feels strange for it to be so colorful and clean-looking. Gotta tape the wax paper from a Domino's box over the screen for the proper effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If it's CG all bets on it's success are off.

*peers into tweet, it is in fact cg done by MAPPA*

Well whaddya know? :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

Grouchio posted:

If it's CG all bets on it's success are off.

*peers into tweet, it is in fact cg done by MAPPA*

Well whaddya know? :suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Well poo poo. Hopefully it's a Land of the Lustrous situation? But yeah, not holding my breath now.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

It's done by Director Yuichiro Hayashi, who also directed Kakegurui and the Garo animes. And the animation for Redline (!!) But who's the animation director here?

And the series composition is by Hiroshi Seko (Mob Psycho, Vinland, Aijn, Banana Fish).

Tomohiro Kishi is our culprit for character design (Garo, 91 Days)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 10, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Inuyashiki is the most CG heavy series they've done that I know of and that looked fine, if perhaps fittingly strange. though I admit I have a higher tolerance for CG than most.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the screens they've released look... okay? hard to say until they release a pv

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i feel like there's a lot of that poster that captures the messy look of the source material well. i even like big round face nikaido

Davincie posted:

new blade of the immortal has insane pacing, adapting about 400 pages in 40 minutes, wildly skipping and cutting content and its without a single second where someone isn't talking. despite the content warning they also show quite a lot less than the manga, and they took the manji out of manjis clothing which makes zero sense. voice acting is good enough but i see little reason to watch this instead of reading the manga. considering they plan on adapting all 207 chapters in 24 episodes i can only see the pacing get worse even if certain parts of boi did run too long
i will now read this manga

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm tempted with 3 of the 4 mains being voiced by Wataru Takagi, Yuu Kobayashi and Yoshimasa Hosoya. Also, as Colonel mentioned, the screenshots look fine so far, so let's wait until we see some actual animation before anything else.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Kaiman just seems off kilter with his spherical CG head.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
It'd honestly be pretty funny if Caiman was the one CGI guy in the main cast; as if he didn't stick out enough already.

Also Shinji Kimura might be the art director, which if true... hoooooly poo poo that's a perfect choice. I take back what I said about it being too colorful if we're going Tekkonkinkreet with it.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 10, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nielsm posted:

In Bookworm episode 2 our main character changed name from Myne to Main, at least in the subtitles.
Perhaps because it's difficult to do "American phonetic transliteration" when they basically write something else on screen. Or perhaps a change in translator who didn't get the translation memory for whatever reason. Who knows.

To be fair, the romanization was only fixed at Myne comparatively recently when the J-Novel club translation started and the translator consulted with the author. Earlier fan translations tended to use Maine. And there's no connection between the J-Novel translation and the anime studio, or between them and crunchyroll or whoever's doing these subs.

A proper translation effort of Bookworm requires a huuuuuuge loving translation bible to be set up first since it has a ton of made up pseudo-german names and terms. You can likely expect a looot more weird spelling choices.

(Also looking at the chalkboard in that screenshot it's obvious they just fiddled with the english "MAIN" to make the made up fantasy letters, which would make this a decision by the anime studio.)

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Ristarte is very good.

I also liked how Seiya Lina Inverse'd the hell out of that village.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Bakanogami posted:

(Also looking at the chalkboard in that screenshot it's obvious they just fiddled with the english "MAIN" to make the made up fantasy letters, which would make this a decision by the anime studio.)

They're also the letters used in the manga! I'm not sure if they're ever seen in the illustrations in the LNs.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Bakanogami posted:

To be fair, the romanization was only fixed at Myne comparatively recently when the J-Novel club translation started and the translator consulted with the author. Earlier fan translations tended to use Maine. And there's no connection between the J-Novel translation and the anime studio, or between them and crunchyroll or whoever's doing these subs.

A proper translation effort of Bookworm requires a huuuuuuge loving translation bible to be set up first since it has a ton of made up pseudo-german names and terms. You can likely expect a looot more weird spelling choices.

So the author says it's "Myne" but pronounced "ma'in"? I mean, that's less weird than many nominally phonetic real world writing systems...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Overcautious Hero continues to be a gem :allears:. I like that it's focusing on Ristarte and the hero himself is just a walking punchline for her setups. I'm looking forward to seeing this one get dubbed, just to see how they run with Ristarte's character.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Raiad posted:

only solution to this is to write an isekai novel about the reincarnation of john brown continuing to murder slavers

i'd watch this anime under the condition that the entire soundtrack was various john brown's body arrangements, someone please deliver thanks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres a bunch of old 70s/80s seinen manga about black dudes murdering the kkk if that helps any

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Do we have a thread/face depository for Overcautious Hero?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

Do we have a thread/face depository for Overcautious Hero?

:justpost:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread :toot:

quote:

Watashi, Nouryoku wa Heikinchi de tte Itta yo ne!
Project No.9 | Masahiko Oota | Takashi Aoshima | Comedy, Fantasy | Light Novel | Oct 7, 2019
When the eldest daughter of the Ascham household, Adele, turned ten, she remembered everything from her past life when she was hit with a strong headache. She was Kurihara Misato in her previous life, who died when she was 18 trying to help a little girl, consequently followed by an encounter with God. During their meeting, she pleaded to lead an average life with average skills. After all, her somewhat capable self has been burdened with all the expectations brought up to her. However, things don't just go quite as planned as she has to be careful not upping to the S-ranks accidentally if she wishes to maintain her desired average life.
PV
Thread

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Made a really quick n dirty cautious hero thread.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Should've waited until the last episode aired to make it :colbert:.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Should've waited until the last episode aired to make it :colbert:.

I'll probably end up updating it over the season :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ibblebibble posted:

I'll probably end up updating it over the season :v:

Well that's not very cautious of you :colbert:.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Neddy, that was straight-up cold-blooded. :ohdear:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well that's not very cautious of you :colbert:.

I'm no hero, it's true.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I made the traditional new thread for the MHA season 4

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The comedy bit of Cautious Hero are still great but the hero's bullshit and the power level creep is grating on me really hard. That schtick wore off pretty fast, especially since it seems like he's just kinda a garbage human being. But I like Ristarte enough that ill give it at least another episode to endear me to the hero.

On the other hand I'm still loving the silliness of the wrestling isekai. Most of all, I love that they refuse to explain his ant buddy that just kinda showed up at the end of the first episode. Im still a bit weirded out by hot he is for animals, but at least the petting wasn't as uncomfortably heavy as the first episode. They even ended it with another quality suplex. It's a strong contender for my favorite show of the season.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that ant's appearance at the end of ep 1 is the best out of nowhere gag I've seen all year

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

no guns life feels like a forgotten 00s anime, so i loved the first episode

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't think you're supposed to be endeared to the cautious hero, it's a show about RPG characters dealing with the bullshit of a trolly player

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Tales of Woe posted:

i don't think you're supposed to be endeared to the cautious hero, it's a show about RPG characters dealing with the bullshit of a trolly player

Yeah, Ristarte is basically a Dungeon Master who just wants the adventure to go right. The hero isn't a sympathetic character here. He's a dick.

The light novel got some big laughs out of me, and that was without the amazing voice acting the show is getting. You should all stick with it, at least until you get to the holy water scene.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I forget, what's the rule with talking about shows that netflix is imprisoning that aren't technically Out but are Out There so to speak

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

I forget, what's the rule with talking about shows that netflix is imprisoning that aren't technically Out but are Out There so to speak

imo talk about them if you want and even make threads. carole and tuesday had a thread and i'm sure some other things did too

just don't direct link anything i suppose, though i don't know if anyone cares about that anymore

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the idea of it is that it's not like you can give Netflix money to watch it, so while it's licensed, it's not available to watch legally for months so go ahead Mr. Joestar.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Basically dog has it more or less right. Netflix keeps on doing that dumb poo poo where they release shows weekly in Japan (or hell, even in Europe?) but no deal stateside. If you want to talk about it, go ahead, just as long as no :filez: is provided.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
cool, thank you!

that was all to say I watched the first episode of Beastars and I enjoyed it. not a manga reader but it felt like good adaptation, enjoyed the slower pace

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wark Say posted:

Neddy, that was straight-up cold-blooded. :ohdear:

They should've come prepared :colbert:.

Wark Say posted:

Basically dog has it more or less right. Netflix keeps on doing that dumb poo poo where they release shows weekly in Japan (or hell, even in Europe?) but no deal stateside. If you want to talk about it, go ahead, just as long as no :filez: is provided.

Certainly not in Australia, there's no sign of Beastars on our Netflix. Also I think it's partly so they can get the english dub done and added to the release, because a platform designed for binging shows generally means people are only going watch it once and move on after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/BluArty/status/1182357645409300483

It's amusing how much the AL devs like to mix together historical references with big anime titty.