Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

when is he gonna do some weird poo poo again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna hafta kickstart it, seems like.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

they're really holding out on the reveal that it's cg huh

I would quit anime forever if this happens

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Freakazoid_ posted:

:ohdear:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Freakazoid_ posted:

Please stay calm; the manga will remain untainted regardless.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

dogsicle posted:

when is he gonna do some weird poo poo again

https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1147032977664118784

He's doing this in January.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the man is now so prolific that i couldn't even remember if that was a thing he was doing

you're safe for now yuasa...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And even Yuasa's more marketable productions tend to be really good.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sindai posted:

You could say the Average Isekai is neither the best nor the worst isekai this season. In fact, it's pretty close to the middle.

I do wish both the anime and the manga kept that gag callout about how that's not average, that's just the median

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Allarion posted:

I do wish both the anime and the manga kept that gag callout about how that's not average, that's just the median

That bothered me too, but I wasn't sure if the Japanese "heikin" has the same mathematical meaning as "average".

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Thread has been made https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900804

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Kandagawa Jet Girls is looking mighty gay and horny.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Science Saru is so prolific and everything is so good that it kind of scares me lol. I don't know what I did to deserve this bounty.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Clitch posted:

Isn't it by the creator of Senran Kagura?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yes

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
senran kagura ftw

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

it was supposed to be less horny Senran cause Sony but looks like the anime didn't get the memo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i doubt that's actually what it was supposed to be

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

... but not a lot more. Corners are for weaklings.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What the

https://twitter.com/Spytrue/status/1181161951398899712?s=19

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
think I'll wait for it to finish then marathon the whole season so I don't have to wait on dramatic karuta cliffhangers each week

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
The YuruYuri 10-year anniversary OVA was fairly middling. There were some fun segments, but it suffered from the same "just going through the motions" feel of most of the other post-Dogakobo-era installments of YuruYuri. The madcap comedic timing that made the first two seasons of the tv show work so well just isn't there, and it ends up spending a lot of time on mild jokes that fall pretty flat. A lot of people seemed to really love season 3, though, so I'm probably an outlier on this.

Probably the funniest part was the unstated joke of the characters all talking about their 10th anniversary while still being in school without having aged at all.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

new blade of the immortal has insane pacing, adapting about 400 pages in 40 minutes, wildly skipping and cutting content and its without a single second where someone isn't talking. despite the content warning they also show quite a lot less than the manga, and they took the manji out of manjis clothing which makes zero sense. voice acting is good enough but i see little reason to watch this instead of reading the manga. considering they plan on adapting all 207 chapters in 24 episodes i can only see the pacing get worse even if certain parts of boi did run too long

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oof

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So they basically went through two volumes of content in one episode? :stare:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Davincie posted:

new blade of the immortal has insane pacing, adapting about 400 pages in 40 minutes, wildly skipping and cutting content and its without a single second where someone isn't talking. despite the content warning they also show quite a lot less than the manga, and they took the manji out of manjis clothing which makes zero sense. voice acting is good enough but i see little reason to watch this instead of reading the manga. considering they plan on adapting all 207 chapters in 24 episodes i can only see the pacing get worse even if certain parts of boi did run too long

Sounds like in terms of adaptations, I'm still fine with the Miike movie

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

In Bookworm episode 2 our main character changed name from Myne to Main, at least in the subtitles.
Perhaps because it's difficult to do "American phonetic transliteration" when they basically write something else on screen. Or perhaps a change in translator who didn't get the translation memory for whatever reason. Who knows.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Wark Say posted:

So they basically went through two volumes of content in one episode? :stare:

they made it to the end of chapter 1 of volume 2, so 234 pages in 2 episodes to be exact (released 2x20 minute episodes in 1 day)

to do this they cut a fair amount of stuff like the priest and manjis brother in law and other parts here and there

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

nielsm posted:

In Bookworm episode 2 our main character changed name from Myne to Main, at least in the subtitles.
Perhaps because it's difficult to do "American phonetic transliteration" when they basically write something else on screen. Or perhaps a change in translator who didn't get the translation memory for whatever reason. Who knows.

The scanlation for ORESUKI continues to write Pansy as "Panshy" despite the very obvious flower theme with the girls' nicknames. I think it's just easy for translators to wind up in "can't see the forest..." situations.

(Also, the MC's nickname "Joro" can mean "watering can". So subtle.)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
oh good, psycho pass 3 is only 8 eps

Davincie posted:

they took the manji out of manjis clothing
lol

Relin fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 10, 2019

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Really liking how much of a scumbag the goddess in cautious hero is

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

konishi's bellowing in hataage is phenomenal

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Clitch posted:

So it's a typical girls club show them.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Davincie posted:

they made it to the end of chapter 1 of volume 2, so 234 pages in 2 episodes to be exact (released 2x20 minute episodes in 1 day)

to do this they cut a fair amount of stuff like the priest and manjis brother in law and other parts here and there
Ah. So it's sorta like with Phantom Blood where they rushed 5 volumes and forty-something chapters into 9 episodes.

:sigh: I dunno. It's probably gonna feel off. I'll give it a watch once episodes 3 and 4 are out to see how it goes.

Relin posted:

Eh, KonoSuba seasons were 10 a piece and they felt tight and punchy. Still cautious, though.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Relin posted:

it's 8 hour-long eps

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Tales of Woe posted:

it's 8 hour-long eps
noooooooo

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tales of Woe posted:

it's 8 hour-long eps
Huh. So they basically want to do the whole "New Edit" thing that came out right before Season 2 premiered, then.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1182134939787001857

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

How did I not hear this is happening?! gently caress yeah!