Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

How is every single day like this.

The mattering has arrived comrade. Suit up and get in the trenches my friend. If you got local elections in your area use the anger and befuddlement you have at our current state to make real change. Change starts at the bottom with flipping city councils, state houses, and mayorships. For the first time all three major capitals of the Confederacy have black mayors. VA elected it's first Transgendered delegate in 2017. We have an openly gay governor in...Colorado I think?

And now that the mattering has arrived there is going to be a lot more where that comes from because the house of cards is falling and a lot of twisted poo poo is gonna be laid bare and people will be angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Somewhere in Kaliningrad, there's a border guard kicking himself for not demanding his bribe money in advance from Fruman and Parnas.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

That's not really a new rationale - they've been saying that for a while. They want to flood the region with 2 million Arab refugees to overwhelm the Kurdish population. That's part of what they mean be "fixing the demographics of the region". You might also recognize it as an age-old genocidal technique (see Crimea, Ireland, America, etc.)

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

https://twitter.com/elainaplott/status/1182414112866885635

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1182411442924015616
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1182414265833197568

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Crime Dilation. As we approach the speed of crime, the crimes get longer, while time compresses. Luckily it takes an infinite amount of stupid to accelerate past the speed of crime.

here's a great ProPublica write up to catch up, but by the time you do, we'll be through another looking glass.

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1182405005434859520

I have bad news - Trump has an infinite amount of stupid at his disposal.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1182415726986051584

:lol:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

KillHour posted:

I have bad news - Trump has an infinite amount of stupid at his disposal.

:thejoke:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

he’s running!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
How is it possible that things keep getting crazier?

HOW?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Wow, that's not wierd or suspicious at all! :rolleyes:

Why would you admit to this? :psyduck:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 10, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dick Trauma posted:

How is it possible that things keep getting crazier?

HOW?

turns out the dam's broken and it was holding back gigatons of crimes

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Hey Adolf you mind easing back a bit on that Holocaust you got goin on there?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TulliusCicero posted:

Wow, that's not wierd or suspicious at all! :rolleyes:

Why would you admit to this? :psyduck:

quote:

Last night, when Rudy Giuliani told me he couldn’t get together for an interview, his reason made sense: As with many nights of late, he was due to appear on Hannity. When I suggested this evening instead, his response was a bit more curious. We would have to aim for lunch, Giuliani told me, because he was planning to fly to Vienna, Austria, at night. He didn’t offer any details beyond that.

quote:

This morning, Giuliani told me he’d have to reschedule our lunch. I’ve tried to reach him since then, to discuss Parnas’s and Fruman’s arrests, among other things, to no avail. When I called at 3 p.m. ET to ask about his Vienna trip, a woman claiming to be his communications director answered the phone. I have called him more than 100 times over the past year, and this is the first time that has ever happened. She said she’d have to get back to me. As we spoke, I could hear a voice that resembled Giuliani’s shout “rear end in a top hat” in the background. “Oh, sorry,” the woman told me. “He was talking to the TV.”

Why were Parnas and Fruman bound for Vienna? Why was Giuliani—if what he told me was true—planning to be in the same city a day later?

Giuliani finally sent me a text message at 4:18 p.m. ET: “I can’t comment on it at this time.”

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
While reading up on how the Wisconsin GOP are antidemocratic shitheads using dirty tricks to screw their state and take power from their Democratic governor, I learned that he still has (as far as I can tell) the most powerful veto in the US. An extreme form of the one-line veto called the Frankenstein veto allows the governor to delete words, sentences, and digits in spending bills to completely change their meaning. It's the FTFY veto.

quote:

After Evers issued 78 partial vetoes of a Republican-authored budget last week, Republicans are now trying to limit the veto powers governors have held for years, the Associated Press reports.

The move comes after the lawmakers accused Evers of a “power grab” because he used his veto power over the state budget to steer $65 million more toward schools, stop plans for a new prison, restore funding to Milwaukee’s child welfare system, and roll back work and drug testing requirements for the state’s food assistance program, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

quote:

Just two years later, Lucey introduced the "editing veto". In this instance, the word "not" was removed in the phrase "not less than 50 percent", thus resulting in the opposite effect than desired by the legislature

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 10, 2019

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I feel like this Lindsey graham call is gonna get buried because of so many other scandals and the fact that the media will be dumb enough to focus on the prank call aspect rather than the content within. I hope I’m wrong though because that fucker deserves it

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JenGriffinFNC/status/1182422178555465729

That oughta do it. Problem solved!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Ague Proof posted:

While reading up on how the Wisconsin GOP are antidemocratic shitheads using dirty tricks to screw their state and take power from their Democratic governor, I learned that he still has (as far as I can tell) the most powerful veto in the US. An extreme form of the one-line veto called the Frankenstein veto allows the governor to delete words, sentences, and digits in spending bills to completely change their meaning. It's the FTFY veto.

Line-item vetos are an absolute abomination (Alaska's trump loving chud governor has been using his to great effect to ruin the state) but it is very fun to see the tables turned on those soulless ghouls.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ague Proof posted:

Why would you ever make that

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
So everyone knows the GOP will be playing defence for Trump on impeachment and that is to be expected... What I find bewildering is why would Trump chose now, of all times, to bail on the Kurds and infuriate the only people standing between him and impeachment? It doesn’t make any sense...

Tuff Scrote
Apr 23, 2004

Dog Friday posted:

So everyone knows the GOP will be playing defence for Trump on impeachment and that is to be expected... What I find bewildering is why would Trump chose now, of all times, to bail on the Kurds and infuriate the only people standing between him and impeachment? It doesn’t make any sense...

He’s an idiot and probably got something in return personally. Dude is a narcissistic sociopath.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ague Proof posted:

ok I'm glad it's being used on bad people and all but uuuuh what the gently caress that's not a thing you can allow

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

I loving hate Donald Trump.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This reeks of Kushner

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Tuff Scrote posted:

He’s an idiot and probably got something in return personally. Dude is a narcissistic sociopath.

for real, the Turks probably showed him a cartoony rendering of a big fat bag with $$$ printed on it.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

RandomBlue posted:

This is bullshit. They were caught fleeing the country and have lots of resources, they belong in jail. If they were poor they'd sure as gently caress be in jail.

Didn't the Saudis get caught breaking the ankle monitors off some rear end in a top hat princes in college here and they successfully absconded with them anyway? I don't see how this would be a successful deterrent to flight.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 10, 2019

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/cam_joseph/status/1182408787518525456?s=19

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

I know it gets said a lot here, but Trump looks like dogshit. His hair is poo poo, his face is poo poo, his body is poo poo. He is poo poo. Just poo poo.

If he ever lies in state, I hope somehow his fat rear end corpse bellows out a raunchy fart that echos in the halls every 3 minutes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So this mushmouthed poo poo is just the POTUS stroking out in public, right?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's him poorly reiterating what Erdogan told him over the phone this morning. See his earlier "They've been fighting for centuries! CENTURIES! Really brutal fighting" poo poo.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/hasavrat/status/1182366093844910082

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Trump officially has a Twitch channel

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ringo Star Get posted:

I know it gets said a lot here, but Trump looks like dogshit. His hair is poo poo, his face is poo poo, his body is poo poo. He is poo poo. Just poo poo.

If he ever lies in state, I hope somehow his fat rear end corpse bellows out a raunchy fart that echos in the halls every 3 minutes.

John Mulaney's characterization of him as a stereotypical old 1930's hobo's version of what a billionaire looks like always struck me as pretty accurate.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1182428310283927552?s=20

God I hope we hear from that IRS whistleblower soon.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Oh, well, in that case we’re good. Sorry for the trouble.

I’m going to rob a bank and when I get caught I’ll just donate the money to charity!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

What the hell, that is the stupidest law I've ever heard of.

It owns that he's loving the GOP with it though.

E: holy gently caress I stand corrected this is actually an improvement over the previous version

quote:

Wisconsin had previously eliminated an even more extreme version—dubbed the "Vanna White veto"—in 1990 "when they prohibited state leaders from deleting individual alphabetic letters and numerical characters in a bill to change the intent of the legislation" in response to its controversial use by then-Governor Tommy Thompson.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 11, 2019

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

19 o'clock posted:

Oh, well, in that case we’re good. Sorry for the trouble.

I’m going to rob a bank and when I get caught I’ll just donate the money to charity!

Like Robin Hood!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

VitalSigns posted:

What the hell, that is the stupidest law I've ever heard of.

It owns that he's loving the GOP with it though.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing something about Bill Clinton and a line item veto? Wasn't that a flap at some point in his administration? I know he didn't actually have it, but I think the Democrats wanted to give it to him, didn't they?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Majorian posted:

Like Robin Hood!

McCarthy is actually the hero in all of this!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing something about Bill Clinton and a line item veto? Wasn't that a flap at some point in his administration? I know he didn't actually have it, but I think the Democrats wanted to give it to him, didn't they?

I remember it as a bush thing, ostensibly to remove 'pork' from bills. They compromised by just making it much harder to add pork to bills instead, which also, as it turns out, isn't great.