Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

lol nice shield nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Is that a gun?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

Much better thread title, thank you

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Yeast posted:

I wonder if this is XR related. Richmond station 5 mins ago.

Probably a dog on platform three with a "climate change is bad" jumper on

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

JBP posted:

Probably a dog on platform three with a "climate change is bad" jumper on

The train on platform 5 is the Hong Kong Express, stopping at limited stations.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Yeast posted:

Cool i remember when people used to come back from overseas trips and tell outlandish tales of cops walking around with rifles glad this is our reality now and all because of performative opposition to environmental activism

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
Australia is becoming America so fast.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PoPcornTG posted:

Australia is becoming America so fast.

It's worse. It's England with American characteristics.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lol a Paralympian xr dude glued himself to the top of a plane at London City Airport.

I hope more people like him do stuff. He's got a disability and has done more with his life than 99% of people, plus he's a radical legend.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

lol hell yeah

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
In the name of the 'slaw.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/peter-dutton-says-climate-activists-are-thumbing-their-nose-at-australia

quote:

"They do their cause more harm than good," he told the Nine Network on Friday.

quote:

Mr Dutton again raised the prospect of charging protesters acting without permits for the cost of the police response.

"When you are acting outside of the law, which these people are doing, you are diverting valuable police resources. I think there should be a price to pay for that," he said.

GoldStandardConure posted:

hey cartoon you should see if XR in your area has a Regen group (or if not, you should start one) as I think that would be right up your alley, and you definately have the expertise in that kind of stuff (sustainable living, permaculture, grid based toilets) that Regen is about
I probably have as much experience in the protest movement and agitprop theatre. That shot of street performers dragging the cops around like the pied piper is sheer magic. Unfortunately I live in a redneck neck of the woods and actively disrupting traffic, of all things, would immediately lead to me getting beaten to death. I'm sure many posters here would see this as a win-win but alas...

I was at the last climate strike with a honking big sign and will get involved in anything coming up if I can.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2019/10/10/scott-cam-prime-minister/

quote:

The Block’s Scott Cam has taken a job working for the Prime Minister but it’s not renovating parliament house.

Australia’s two highest-profile Scotts will be joining forces to build the number of tradies in the nation, with Scott Morrison enlisting Scott Cam to get more young people on the tools.

Great youth ambassador there scott.

iI's really cool to have a shithead boomer ad man for a PM. No one involved in this poo poo is under the illusion that it will result in more tradies. It's a lovely advert to make boomers feel better about stupid young people not being carpeters.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This is a fat, dumb nation.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Yeast posted:

What the gently caress

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mad Katter posted:

What the gently caress
you surely can't be surprised at this point

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you spray paint a dick on the shield the police probably won't want to hold it anymore

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

bowmore posted:

if you spray paint a dick on the shield the police probably won't want to hold it anymore

They'll be too busy holding your neck.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

bowmore posted:

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

They'll be too busy holding your neck.
i am simply too quick

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I want to know what that was all about. Imagine being the dedicated shield man lol, at least give him a sword so he feels valuable

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Yeast posted:

I'm the sand camo bumbag / adult diaper.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

JBP posted:

I want to know what that was all about. Imagine being the dedicated shield man lol, at least give him a sword trolley so he feels valuable

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

JBP posted:

I want to know what that was all about. Imagine being the dedicated shield man lol, at least give him a sword so he feels valuable

He's using both hands, maybe he could get two smaller shields and dual wield.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

lol down at Coles just overheard two old fucks say you can't buy Cadbury anymore because it's halal. Love to see brain poisoning off Facebook and out in the real world

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

bowmore posted:

Surprised? No.

It's still hosed up to see though and I'd like to know more about the incident.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cohsae posted:

lol down at Coles just overheard two old fucks say you can't buy Cadbury anymore because it's halal. Love to see brain poisoning off Facebook and out in the real world
tell them water is halal

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

bowmore posted:

tell them oxygen is halal

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

Amethyst posted:

iI's really cool to have a shithead boomer ad man for a PM. No one involved in this poo poo is under the illusion that it will result in more tradies. It's a lovely advert to make boomers feel better about stupid young people not being carpeters.

Reckon this is despite or because his dummy spit at a gay couple this season?

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

Yeast posted:

drat

all that wasted shield adspace #nswstrong

The Neal!
Sep 3, 2004

bowmore posted:

tell them water is halal

Haha, I did this a few years ago with a writer on my old comedy site and you wouldn't believe how many right wing Facebook pages jumped on it as real (SBS has long taken the page down but the text from it was stolen by an aggregate site: https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=8f0_1415687672)

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

im alan jones posted:

drat

all that wasted shield adspace #nswstrong

Last thing you see before getting shot to death is the police telling you to try Farmers Union Iced Coffee

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Amethyst posted:

As whatshisname said on the Project last night, Scott Cam is what ScoMo sees in the mirror

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Amethyst posted:

Being too poor and tafe being too expensive to be carpenters you mean.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

AWU wins court case but also Cash cleared of all allegations.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
a tafe thing that's not getting media airtime, because tafe things don't, is that due to a lack of funding many regional tafes are having to cut their course hours and can only offer courses part-time. as austudy is only applicable for full-time study, this means no austudy for anybody unless they're studying one of like three scomo-approved courses. as is usually the case this has impacted me personally, because i was relying on having a semester's worth of austudy left in my diploma to finance my move interstate, only to find once i got here that my diploma is no longer offered full-time and so i have to make do with the dole. this would all have something to do with the job snob thing i guess, which means it's working as intended

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeast posted:

Nah just fare evaders

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also I thought they had height restrictions to join the police force.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just ran past Olympic Pde where the bridge crosses the Yarra. Cops blocking the intersection and a convoy of about 8 motorbike cops and a few cars hooning down Olympic Pde towards the city.
I assumed it was the XR thing at Collins st. The cop was going mental at runners and cyclists sneaking through the stationary cars to cross the intersection.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
The greatest threat our nation had ever had to face, protestors I mean, definitely not climate change.

Thank the stars we've been boosting our spending on security

starkebn fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Useful advice from the ABC like "become a permanent house sitter so you can save to buy a house."