Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I maintain that the Corvas is actually pretty solid. For actual AW missions it's not great, but for PT runs it's easily my second favorite behind ImpV, and for normal missions it's my second favorite behind Larkspur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Larkspur is better than Fluctus on paper but Fluctus can kill things a tile away, through the wall, and there’s basically no competition for that in space AW.

I’d say that the top three are Fluctus/Larkspur/Imperator Vandal and using anything else in space is a style thing. But space AW is such a piss weak level right now you can get away with anything tbh.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

https://marikbentusi.tumblr.com/post/188189923752

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
are clem missions ever worth it you just get clem blueprints. and i dont consume those things anywhere near fast enough to need more

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phobophilia posted:

are clem missions ever worth it you just get clem blueprints. and i dont consume those things anywhere near fast enough to need more

They make me sad, because I feel bad for Clem. He seems to have mental problems and also he keeps dying and has to be revived a bunch.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

prefect posted:

They make me sad, because I feel bad for Clem. He seems to have mental problems and also he keeps dying and has to be revived a bunch.

Clem's just having a good time

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

What the frig, my codex scanner disappeared from my Gear when I equipped Helios Prime and now it wants me to pay 500 credits for another one? Has this happened to anyone else?

e; seems to be a very long standing issue. oh well

Pipski fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 10, 2019

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Prime Time tonight at 7 ET, get your 200 baro bux

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire

Pipski posted:

What the frig, my codex scanner disappeared from my Gear when I equipped Helios Prime and now it wants me to pay 500 credits for another one? Has this happened to anyone else?

The normal codex scanner has 25 charges, and Helios does use them. You'll want to get the simaris scanner from simaris and then buy the infinite scans widget with simaris bux

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Pipski posted:

yeah, if you don't have the infinite scanner widget from simaris, Helios will burn all your scanners. It's not a bug.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

No, I have the infinite scans widget already.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Anora posted:

7. Cyngas

Keep in mind that Cyngas is hitscan and has the largest range of all Archguns

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
What's hitscan?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

No.

New Wave Jose posted:

What's hitscan?
A term for weapons where the bullet has no travel time, the instant you fire it hits the point you were aiming at (accounting for range and drop off naturally). As opposed to weapons where the projectile is visible and has a clear travel time like bows.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

New Wave Jose posted:

What's hitscan?

It doesn't shoot a projectile, just immediately hits whatever's in front of it (like most guns in games)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

We commit warcrimes in a society

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Lightning Knight posted:

Larkspur is better than Fluctus on paper but Fluctus can kill things a tile away, through the wall, and there’s basically no competition for that in space AW.

I’d say that the top three are Fluctus/Larkspur/Imperator Vandal and using anything else in space is a style thing. But space AW is such a piss weak level right now you can get away with anything tbh.

Imp. Vandal is the best for single-target DPS (e.g. Profit-Taker), Velocitus has a gimmicky but powerful dolon build for taking out joints.

In any other situation you're either calling down an archgun when you could be using your primary/secondary (in which case it's a matter of personal preference because they're all overshadowed by real guns) or you're doing archwing content (in which case may god have mercy on your soul).

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Couldn't help myself.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

On closer inspection given the lack of any real clown makeup it looks less like the joker and more like an 18th century fancy noble.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

loki's trick

Malah
May 18, 2015

Great fashion frame. Shame that film is thoroughly mediocre despite all the, uh, conversation about it.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

njsykora posted:

On closer inspection given the lack of any real clown makeup it looks less like the joker and more like an 18th century fancy noble.

Scarlet Pimpernel fights the Joker (a deranged Robespierre)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just learned that Warframe is apparently not an Overwatch-esque team pvp game. For years I've thought "this game looks cool and has neat suits, but I don't like team pvp much."

I will try playing it now, since now that I'm reading about it this game actually sounds very much like something I'd enjoy.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
It's actually fun to play Warframe as single player (or with other low level people ) for a bit before joining a map with 3 other exploding tornadoes that have completed all the objectives before you figure out where up is.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Got a mod drop booster from todays sortie

Only registered members can see post attachments!

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Team PvP? No.
Co-op shooter? Also no.
Co-op mobalike? Nope.
Co-op Dynasty Warriors with better style? Yes.

Warframe is all about ridiculous bullshit and the gameplay consists mostly of being a warm body and pressing a button, any button.

You won't be getting any style points with just going with the boring option though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

endlessmonotony posted:

Team PvP? No.
Co-op shooter? Also no.
Co-op mobalike? Nope.
Co-op Dynasty Warriors with better style? Yes.

Warframe is all about ridiculous bullshit and the gameplay consists mostly of being a warm body and pressing a button, any button.

You won't be getting any style points with just going with the boring option though.

I wish high level open world content had the enemy density of a Warriors game.

Just send out a flood of sub-level mooks for me to slice through every now and then.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

imagine trying to fish with 5000 enemies on the plains

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Ytlaya posted:

So I just learned that Warframe is apparently not an Overwatch-esque team pvp game. For years I've thought "this game looks cool and has neat suits, but I don't like team pvp much."

I will try playing it now, since now that I'm reading about it this game actually sounds very much like something I'd enjoy.

This was me, complete with knowing that the game existed since its initial launch but also believing it was dumb a Overwatch/moba microtransaction-driven thing. Cut to 11 months later and I have a disturbing number of hours put in.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mailer posted:

This was me, complete with knowing that the game existed since its initial launch but also believing it was dumb a Overwatch/moba microtransaction-driven thing. Cut to 11 months later and I have a disturbing number of hours put in.

You know a game's got you when your avatar is a meme from that game. I planned on making the Lotus Piggy my avatar, but I'm too lazy.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

it occurred to me to wonder whether the Velocitus is viable vs eidolons and it turns out this guy has done a detailed vid about it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AOEyMdbxwXs

anyone tried it? it can't suck more to use than the Lanka.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Pipski posted:

it occurred to me to wonder whether the Velocitus is viable vs eidolons and it turns out this guy has done a detailed vid about it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AOEyMdbxwXs

anyone tried it? it can't suck more to use than the Lanka.

Iretep ran it in a trial run we did. It works, and it might be better than a Lanka. I wouldn't take it over a RubicoP, though.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
It's not quite on the level of a Rubico or Lanka, but I've got a gaze Kitgun +Riven that absolutely shreds dolon joints. It's what I use whenever I'm not chroma.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Awesome! posted:

imagine trying to fish with 5000 enemies on the plains
My hotspots are around the encampments or base about 70% of the time, so I keep a specter parked on the cliff above me to wage battle against the grineer forces while I'm casually lining up spear throws on murkrays.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

McKilligan posted:

It's not quite on the level of a Rubico or Lanka, but I've got a gaze Kitgun +Riven that absolutely shreds dolon joints. It's what I use whenever I'm not chroma.

My rivened Gaze that I use for NW doma hunting is my secondary for dolons. It's come in handy several times when I've replaced ammo pizzas on my gear wheel and forgotten about it.

The dolon weapon thing is pretty weird because the #1 choice is so easy to get. I guess you could argue that the Lanka is the easiest as it doesn't require cracking but a RubicoP is far from rare and you don't need a riven unless you're going turbotryhard to the point where shaving 10-20 seconds off the entire run matters. I get ~youtube influencers~ constantly making videos about "breaking the meta" because they need content for money but for people actually playing the game - just get the easy sniper that is also the best sniper.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
man i'm bummed about this lotus thing

I've played this game for so long and she's been your buddy for so long and man, I hope she doesn't become a real bad guy, I'd be bummed

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Grondoth posted:

man i'm bummed about this lotus thing

I've played this game for so long and she's been your buddy for so long and man, I hope she doesn't become a real bad guy, I'd be bummed

One of the major reasons for this is to split up mission control between multiple voice actors.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Oddly enough I also thought Warframe when it first came out was some kind of PvP game with randomized loot with people jumping around brief rounds hitting eachother with staves and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blain
Mar 6, 2008

It feels like the community is expecting a kill / save prompt at the end of The New War. That seems like a bog standard framing and far less interesting than developing a relationship with whatever Natah might become, but I'll keep my hopes in check because it's an action game, not a visual novel. :)

If the point really is to free up Rebb from voice acting, it seems like kill is the only option. And Rebb did seem a little hurt that someone brought a paracesis on a mission with her because "Paracesis is to kill Lotus, yo. On my Birthday?! Also my death day?!" (Prime Time 263 11:55). But maybe Natah could end up so different that she sheds Margulis' voice? Given the work of Lynn Margulis, that could be fitting.