Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Is this what Infrastructure Week feels like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/archillect/status/1182433131523117056?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've got nothing on this one. But, I saw it, and someone else needs to see it, so here you go.

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1182441506600374272

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

facialimpediment posted:

I've got nothing on this one. But, I saw it, and someone else needs to see it, so here you go.

Hrm yes all of those people are fine upstanding human beings who are totally on the level

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

I detect the overwhelming smell of Joop! emanating from that tweet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

facialimpediment posted:

Holy poo poo, this is just too perfect. That Miami Herald picture of Donnie Brainstem And The Coffee Boys was cropped.

There was another coffee boy. I verified it, it's real.

https://twitter.com/darth/status/1182398456393945093?s=19

Also AG Barr met with Rupert Murdoch at Murdoch's house because

Uh

Um

He's corrupt as gently caress, that's why.

Please god let murdoch get tossed in the pokey.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
E. NVM they took down the tweet

King of Bees fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 11, 2019

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

King of Bees posted:

https://twitter.com/GOPChairwoman/status/1182403135245094918

-Plain wings with ketchup please! Oh heavens no we don't believe in tipping, the Lord will provide.

Deleted.

So the judge that approved bail, they like... Revoked or made them surender their passports.... Right? :ohdear:

Not that it would probably matter when you're talking state actor level flight risks.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

SeaborneClink posted:

Deleted.

So the judge that approved bail, they like... Revoked or made them surender their passports.... Right? :ohdear:

Not that it would probably matter when you're talking state actor level flight risks.

Yep, the works. Surrendered passports, $1m bail, full tethering, travel restricted between the NY districts.

Until they accidentally eat a polonium pancake.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Saw in a c-spam tweet that one of Pompeo's advisors just resigned.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Highly recommend watching a Trump Rally live stream. It is exactly pro wrestling.

Boo!

USA! USA!

Ohmygoshdidhejustsaythat? No. He. DIDN'T. LOL.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The deleted tweet

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tell me more about cancel culture, woman who had to change her name to avoid triggering the president.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

The deleted tweet

The free market should only help conservatives!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The free market should only help conservatives!

Unironically what they believe, yes

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fister Roboto posted:

Tell me more about cancel culture, woman who had to change her name to avoid triggering the president.

:lol: I forgot about that.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

facialimpediment posted:

Yep, the works. Surrendered passports, $1m bail, full tethering, travel restricted between the NY districts.

Until they accidentally eat a polonium pancake.

what's the balcony situation like at home? good view of the surrounding neighborhood? nice wrought iron fence on the ground? bet they're both avid stargazers or smokers that spend a lot of time 'taking in the scenery' up there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

"He stepped outside for a smoke" *-40 out*

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Milo and POTUS posted:

"He stepped outside for a smoke" *-40 out*

Lol have you ever smoked

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Lol have you ever smoked

I'm not a smoker but I assumed that was normal behavior for nic-heads.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1182468483906527232?s=19

:iceburn:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Lol have you ever smoked

I've only ever smoked outside but from what I've seen about the yellowed walls of the average Russian abode, they don't share my enthusiasm for the out of doors

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The really funny direction it could go is if they threw an unopened pack of not his brand beside the body as an afterthought

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Chichevache posted:

I'm not a smoker but I assumed that was normal behavior for nic-heads.

Most are perfectly happy smoking inside

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Milo and POTUS posted:

Most are perfectly happy smoking inside

That is getting much more rare. I don't know anyone that smokes inside anymore other than old ladies

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1182481848515121152?s=21

That loving company name. :lol:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

That is getting much more rare. I don't know anyone that smokes inside anymore other than old ladies

Same. Also that Liz Warren video was pretty good.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

This will trigger the incels and will be Warren's deplorable moment

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Al-Hol detainees attack guards and start fires as Turkish assault begins

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/al-hol-detainees-attack-guards-and-start-fires-turkish-assault-begins

I don't know why the YPG ever kept male ISIS prisoners to begin with. I know why the SDF did - we were partnered with them, and that was probably a condition that we made. But how could there be so loving many ISIS prisoners? Ten thousand or more. Aren't these prisoners failures in their own mind? They failed to martyr themselves. They got taken prisoner by "kafirs" and "apostates." They were failures.

And these ISIS prisoners can't be reformed. Imprisoning jihadis of all types just radicalizes them even more, as we've seen all across the ME. All of the European and American assholes who went to Syria to fight for ISIS want to go back to their countries and commit terrorist attacks. So what does the SDF do? Honestly, what do they do? Just wait for the prisoners to successfully escape and join the ISIS insurgency, and possibly be killed by them one day? Or do they do what ISIS would do to them if they had the chance? I honestly wouldn't blame the Kurds in any way shape or form if they just executed every single fighting age male prisoner.

Turkey gives no fucks about the ISIS prisoners being released or escaping - it'll just create more chaos for them to exploit, and tie up Kurdish resources.

The whole situation is a clusterfuck of epic proportions. All of this could've been avoided if we had a president with a backbone who stood up to Turkey and Erdogan.

That fighter pilot who had that autocratic piece of poo poo in his sights during the failed coup probably regretted not killing Erdogan for the rest of his short, torture-filled life.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Turkey made an entire series of movies about them getting revenge on us for putting bags on those guy's heads in 2003.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/VeraMBergen/status/1182483550647525376

Very soon they'll reach 18 and deploy forward.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Flying_Crab posted:

That loving company name. :lol:

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1182488441285726208

:thunk:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fraud guaranteed, or your money back!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
For once, truth in advertising

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Waiting for the inevitable Lionel Hutz business card edit.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Of all the things that have come out of the world since 2016, the strange tragic tale of Rudy Giuliani is certainly one of them. Will probably make for an Oscar-winning biopic in about thirty years, starring someone suitably deranged.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

StandardVC10 posted:

Of all the things that have come out of the world since 2016, the strange tragic tale of Rudy Giuliani is certainly one of them. Will probably make for an Oscar-winning biopic in about thirty years, starring someone suitably deranged.

Jake Busey might manage it in 30 years

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Bored As gently caress posted:

Al-Hol detainees attack guards and start fires as Turkish assault begins

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/al-hol-detainees-attack-guards-and-start-fires-turkish-assault-begins

I don't know why the YPG ever kept male ISIS prisoners to begin with. I know why the SDF did - we were partnered with them, and that was probably a condition that we made. But how could there be so loving many ISIS prisoners? Ten thousand or more. Aren't these prisoners failures in their own mind? They failed to martyr themselves. They got taken prisoner by "kafirs" and "apostates." They were failures.

And these ISIS prisoners can't be reformed. Imprisoning jihadis of all types just radicalizes them even more, as we've seen all across the ME. All of the European and American assholes who went to Syria to fight for ISIS want to go back to their countries and commit terrorist attacks. So what does the SDF do? Honestly, what do they do? Just wait for the prisoners to successfully escape and join the ISIS insurgency, and possibly be killed by them one day? Or do they do what ISIS would do to them if they had the chance? I honestly wouldn't blame the Kurds in any way shape or form if they just executed every single fighting age male prisoner.

Turkey gives no fucks about the ISIS prisoners being released or escaping - it'll just create more chaos for them to exploit, and tie up Kurdish resources.

The whole situation is a clusterfuck of epic proportions. All of this could've been avoided if we had a president with a backbone who stood up to Turkey and Erdogan.

That fighter pilot who had that autocratic piece of poo poo in his sights during the failed coup probably regretted not killing Erdogan for the rest of his short, torture-filled life.

Frankly, if adhering to the laws of war regarding treatment of captured combatants was a precondition for US assistance, then I’m glad it was even if we’re going to have a problem from hell with IS detainees. If it’s a war based in part over values and ethics, the more we can differentiate ourselves from them, the better.

Turkey has been an uneven, unreliable ally WRT to Syria. While on one hand they were among the first countries to come out against Assad, they used their porous borders as a bargaining chip with the west with their initial assistance to rebek groups and later their blind eye toward IS moving back and forth. None of those European IS fighters would have made it into Syria were it not for them not managing their border.

And yeah, gently caress Erdogan eternally.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I WOULD LIKE A WORD WITH THE SIMULATION MANAGER

TELL HIM KAREN SAYS THIS poo poo IS GETTING STALE

https://twitter.com/AndreaWNYC/status/1182301254237773825

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Suicide Watch posted:

This will trigger the incels and will be Warren's deplorable moment

The only 'problem' with the Deplorables remark was that Hillary didn't stick with it. The campaign could have and should have gone all in on tying Trump's campaign to racism and white supremacy, highlighting the absolutely sickening array of human filth that was lining up to endorse him, and then challenged people-"If you support Trump, you might not be a deplorable person. You might be angry, confused, or scared. But look at who you're allying with-are these the kinds of people you're willing to look in the eye and vote alongside?"

But instead she and the rest of the campaign backed off and apologized, because professional campaign advisers are cowards :sigh: