Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

...Thought Nymies charm was fixed to drop normally? Or did it break again? Currently on Build#265 for reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Arcanuse posted:

...Thought Nymies charm was fixed to drop normally? Or did it break again? Currently on Build#265 for reference.

If you already fought the boss you have to edit your save to be able to refight it and get the drop.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Garfu posted:

Odd it's not open source and he minifies the code but then makes the save so easily editable.

edit: as opposed to needing to use a base64 converter or something.
Pretty sure it's a Vue app, which bundles stuff in a not very readable way.

Also seems to have broken on Edge a few builds ago when it was working fine before. :shrug:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Evolve is vue and is very readable. He minified it

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011
Pretty sure minifying is the default behaviour when compiling Vue projects with single file components, like Arcanum has. Not minifying would actually require extra configuration. Okay it would be like one extra line of code, but the dude probably just hasn't thought about it what with updating the game 45 times a day...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dis astranagant posted:

If you already fought the boss you have to edit your save to be able to refight it and get the drop.
Yeah, it works fine for anyone who wasn't a super early adopter. Which like, oops.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

I used the charm and got something I didn't quite understand, what is its intended use?

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Lufia posted:

Pretty sure minifying is the default behaviour when compiling Vue projects with single file components, like Arcanum has. Not minifying would actually require extra configuration. Okay it would be like one extra line of code, but the dude probably just hasn't thought about it what with updating the game 45 times a day...

I haven't actually used vue for anything so it sounds like you'd know more, I'm just comparing the two projects that both use vue. The evolve guy keeps his code public https://github.com/pmotschmann/Evolve and not minified and the arcanum guy does the opposite. I just thought it was funny his saves are so easily editable but his code is so obfuscated.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

KazigluBey posted:

I used the charm and got something I didn't quite understand, what is its intended use?

If you don't have chronomancy yet it lets you have 2 actions going at once. If you do it lets you have 3.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Do any other classes have something to the level of Eat Children from the Witch? I didn't realize at first but it can be improved infinitely, and the shadow and hp per second are hitting absurd levels. So much of the reason I have zero issues in the Catacrypts is because Eat Children is healing me for 31.5 hp/s.

Lufia
Nov 28, 2011

Garfu posted:

I haven't actually used vue for anything so it sounds like you'd know more, I'm just comparing the two projects that both use vue. The evolve guy keeps his code public https://github.com/pmotschmann/Evolve and not minified and the arcanum guy does the opposite. I just thought it was funny his saves are so easily editable but his code is so obfuscated.
Well, it's the default behaviour in both cases, basically. Doesn't bother to not minify, doesn't bother with save encryption. ;)
Here's a repo with an example for single file components, if you wanna see. You write a .vue file that mixes html, css and js. Then it's compiled and the finished product in the web browser looks like it was written by a robot... because it was. When you see stuff like <div data-v-77ff9adc=""> it's a good giveaway because no sane human being would write that.
The Evolve guy just links to vue.js in a script tag and has all his html templates in the one html file. It's still vue, but organised differently and doesn't need any pre-processing.

Um. Sorry about the digression. I've just been plodding along in Structure and don't really have much thread relevant stuff to say... :blush:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Cinara posted:

Do any other classes have something to the level of Eat Children from the Witch? I didn't realize at first but it can be improved infinitely, and the shadow and hp per second are hitting absurd levels. So much of the reason I have zero issues in the Catacrypts is because Eat Children is healing me for 31.5 hp/s.

I'm up to uh 62 life/s and 6.6 shadow. I think I've been sitting on a weird bug because i should be dropping out because of stamina but i've been chilling at .5 for hours now and it hasn't booted me so i'm almost halfway done with the place now.

I got a vorpal blade from somewhere in the halloween poo poo and I think that's what kicked me over to being able to kill some of this poo poo.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

For Arcanum de-obfuscation if you don't mind pawing through the JSON yourself:

http://www.lerpinglemur.com/arcanum/data/

Bear in mind that like everything else with the game, whatever you figure out will promptly be out of date as soon as he pushes another undocumented change. Mad respect for his effort and pace of updates, but holy poo poo I'm glad I'm not his coworker because the version control process would drive me bonkers.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cinara posted:

because Eat Children is healing me for 31.5 hp/s.

I know we always talk about idle game talk sounding like some sort of weird code or whatever to outside observers but this is just... peak that idea. :allears:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Kyrosiris posted:

I know we always talk about idle game talk sounding like some sort of weird code or whatever to outside observers but this is just... peak that idea. :allears:

It's possibly the best thing in the game

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Once ive modified my save so i can get the charm, where do i actually get it from?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Meskhenet posted:

Once ive modified my save so i can get the charm, where do i actually get it from?

The boss at the end of the blood manor. It's an actual adventure item.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Is there a wiki for the quicksilver that is Arcanum?

I had my Pumpkin Carriage I was going to buy this morning up and disappear from the list....

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Any wiki would be invalidated within the day. If you want information your best bet is the discord server.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cinara posted:

I haven't seen any others. Not even any other infinitely repeatable rests for mana improvement. Eat Children and Focus are the only two actions I've seen that go infinite. But then, I have only played through twice! (and I'm only gonna until they invent prestige)

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Rynoto posted:

Any wiki would be invalidated within the day. If you want information your best bet is the discord server.

How do get flavored gems? spirtsgems soulgems etc

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ScottyJSno posted:

How do get flavored gems? spirtsgems soulgems etc

level enchantment and the relevant magic lore. Doesn't take much.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

dis astranagant posted:

level enchantment and the relevant magic lore. Doesn't take much.

Welp should have unlock enchantment long time ago...

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

~*~Just Wizard Things~*~

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007

Big Mad Drongo posted:

~*~Just Wizard Things~*~

I'm currently doing Vile Experiments, grinding bones, and trapping souls. Being a wizard rocks.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

(NGU) ... Well, gently caress, I guess should've realized that wasn't grindy enough.

There goes a level 100 busted copy of Wandoos 98 I guess. At least I got the completion bonus!

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

What's the skill combination that gives you ghost scribes and compilers? Is it spirit lore + summoning + air lore?

Besides stuff that's gonna get ironed out with iteration (combat, minions being as far as I can tell prohibitively clunky to use), I think my only real complaint is that a few of the skill things like whisper and ghost writing is so absurdly useful as to be effectively mandatory while simultaneously being easy to completely miss.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I don't know what update added the confirmation prompt to Sublimate Lore but it's hella annoying.

For stuff that's like one-time only or a class change, sure, I get that. But why this? It's so dumb

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Infinity Gaia posted:

(NGU) ... Well, gently caress, I guess should've realized that wasn't grindy enough.

There goes a level 100 busted copy of Wandoos 98 I guess. At least I got the completion bonus!

It only takes the levels it needs unless you are unlocking it. So your level 100 should now be a level 90 something.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

pixaal posted:

It only takes the levels it needs unless you are unlocking it. So your level 100 should now be a level 90 something.

I realized that when I next got a drop of one. Way less brutal!

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Big Mad Drongo posted:

~*~Just Wizard Things~*~

how are people able to do 3 things at once? is it a halloween event thing I'm missing?

GladRagKraken
Mar 27, 2010

Omi no Kami posted:

What's the skill combination that gives you ghost scribes and compilers? Is it spirit lore + summoning + air lore?

You don't need summoning. You do need a writing desk.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

schwein11 posted:

how are people able to do 3 things at once? is it a halloween event thing I'm missing?

Chronomancy + the ritual thing at the end of halloween

This is what happens when you gently caress around with chronomancy (and halloween)

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

schwein11 posted:

This is what happens when you gently caress around with chronomancy (and halloween)

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Yeah I have the extra action from chronomancy - how do I unlock this ritual thing? I've done all the Halloween adventure areas and bought all of the halloween house upgrades (though not all 50 of the one thing).

Fake edit - I just re-did the bridge adventure area and it unlocked the bloody manor, which it didn't do the first time i beat it - perhaps i'm still on the path toward the ritual?

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

schwein11 posted:

Yeah I have the extra action from chronomancy - how do I unlock this ritual thing? I've done all the Halloween adventure areas and bought all of the halloween house upgrades (though not all 50 of the one thing).

Fake edit - I just re-did the bridge adventure area and it unlocked the bloody manor, which it didn't do the first time i beat it - perhaps i'm still on the path toward the ritual?

Yup, the ritual is the reward for beating the bloody manor. The boss drops an item that unlocks an upgrade.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Yup, the ritual is the reward for beating the bloody manor. The boss drops an item that unlocks an upgrade.

Yeah that did it. For some reason when I first beat the bridge the other day it didn't unlock the manor, which was my problem (refreshed to update the game before it unlocked, which probably also helped).

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Arcanum has officially collapsed under the weight of technical debt and is being rewritten. :rip:

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
NGU idle is pretty neato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

dis astranagant posted:

Arcanum has officially collapsed under the weight of technical debt and is being rewritten. :rip:

Not even remotely surprising.