Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Maybe 3 other teams shouldn't be awful for 2 decades hmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao if you think the pats are as successful in the regular and post season since 2001 if they switched with the browns and had to play the steelers and ravens twice each a year.

also the bengals i guess, because vontaze would have absolutely gone after Tom's ligaments.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

lmao if you think the pats are as successful in the regular and post season since 2001 if they switched with the browns and had to play the steelers and ravens twice each a year.

also the bengals i guess, because vontaze would have absolutely gone after Tom's ligaments.

So instead they devour the Steelers and Ravens potential. Maybe not as much as with what happened in the AFC East but it would still gently caress up their ability to succeed.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

The Dolphins and Bills used to be somebody. Sure the Jets always have and always will be a bunch of jokes, but

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Since 2003 in the regular season the Patriots are .720 against the NFL overall, .737 against the division, and .710 against the NFL minus the division. They've never gone worse than 4-2 against the division and have done 5-1 or better 10 times.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hunt11 posted:

So instead they devour the Steelers and Ravens potential. Maybe not as much as with what happened in the AFC East but it would still gently caress up their ability to succeed.

The steelers, bengals and ravens were already murdering each other.

there's a huge difference between the ravens coming off two divisional games in four weeks or whatever, and the patriots coming off an extra bye because the Jets bus got lost on the way to Gillette.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

After nearly 20 years of being curb stomped, the rest of the AFCE (maybe even the entire league) have developed PTSD when playing the Patriots. The mere mention of 'He who kisses his son on the lips' will cause any team to instantly deflate. Hell, most players were barely old enough to cheat at Battleship when Belichick started filming opposing Ds. And while it might rub us all the wrong way, Kraft and company always seem to get a happy ending whether we like it or not. Birds fly, the Patriots cheat, just gotta accept it and move on.

WalletBeef fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 11, 2019

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Patriots are cheaters and that's a fact Jack

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if you aint cheatin you aint tryin.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

nah posted:

Since 2003 in the regular season the Patriots are .720 against the NFL overall, .737 against the division, and .710 against the NFL minus the division. They've never gone worse than 4-2 against the division and have done 5-1 or better 10 times.

I loathe this contextless argument posing as some kind of affirmation that the AFCE isn't a cakewalk for the Patriots in perpetuity. In the last 20 years, the Dolphins and Jets have 2 playoff appearances, the Bills 1.

Look at any other division for the real story

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Patriots have been beating the poo poo out of the Steelers for the last 20 years they would keep doing that just another time a year. Baltimore would take some games off of them so they go 5-1 in the division still because the Bengals are basically the Bills

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Bengals were pretty good for a lot of the Brady years in the regular season.

I don't think it's insane to think the Pats would have had a few less first round byes had you swapped them with the Browns, even though I agree they'd still have regularly handled the Steelers.

The funnier thing to think about is what the AFC East would have sent to the playoffs every year.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Nodoze posted:

The Patriots have been beating the poo poo out of the Steelers for the last 20 years they would keep doing that just another time a year. Baltimore would take some games off of them so they go 5-1 in the division still because the Bengals are basically the Bills

Maybe so, but they certainly also would have had to share in the constantly injured going into the playoffs dogfight the rest of the AFCN had to deal with, vastly decreasing their playoff success

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
The NFL is a shitfuck hellscape of suck. Case closed imo, that to procure sustained success required being caught cheating just reinforces that theory

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Grittybeard posted:

The Bengals were pretty good for a lot of the Brady years in the regular season.

I don't think it's insane to think the Pats would have had a few less first round byes had you swapped them with the Browns, even though I agree they'd still have regularly handled the Steelers.

The funnier thing to think about is what the AFC East would have sent to the playoffs every year.

Cleveland Browns 20x AFC east champs of course!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I loathe this contextless argument posing as some kind of affirmation that the AFCE isn't a cakewalk for the Patriots in perpetuity. In the last 20 years, the Dolphins and Jets have 2 playoff appearances, the Bills 1.

Look at any other division for the real story

The other teams in the east suck, no one is disputing that at all. Put Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the East and they probably beat the bag out of them all year too. The difference here is the other good teams in the AFC havent been as good as the Patriots so they lose random games to mediocre teams more often. No one said anything about the Colts beating the poo poo out of the garbage AFC south for forever. They did the same thing just losing inexplicable games to Jacksonville instead of Miami. What competition did they have; jeff fisher, the occasionally OK Jags and the Texans who have mostly been a joke until recently. Real murderes row there

That the Patriots keep winning is about most of the rest of the conference being bad and inept, not their division. Most of the league is awful right now, look around at how many teams you could actually say yeah thats a good team. Theres a few outright dumpster fires and a ton of mediocrity/ineptitude.The disparity between the top 5 teams and the next group is massive, and there is a gap between the the best two or three and those other two too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nodoze posted:

No one said anything about the Colts beating the poo poo out of the garbage AFC south for forever. They did the same thing just losing inexplicable games to Jacksonville instead of Miami. What competition did they have; jeff fisher, the occasionally OK Jags and the Texans who have mostly been a joke until recently. Real murderes row there

People poo poo all over the Colts and their schedule, what are you talking about?

That's like all they do in the AFC South thread.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can confirm

well, that and bitching about our terrible teams

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The motherfucking Bengals alone have 2 more playoff appearances during the Patriots dynasty than the 3 non-Patriots teams of the AFCE... combined. The Bengals

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
The bengals then lost those playoff games to such luminaries as tj yates, mark sanchez, and joey porter though

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Oh we're having this argument again.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The motherfucking Bengals alone have 2 more playoff appearances during the Patriots dynasty than the 3 non-Patriots teams of the AFCE... combined. The Bengals

isnt this an argument for the AFCN being poo poo

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

isnt this an argument for the AFCN being poo poo

I guess if you ignore the 4 Lombardi trophies the division claimed in the same timeframe

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I guess if you ignore the 4 Lombardi trophies the division claimed in the same timeframe

By that logic the afc east isnt bad then lol

Every division is bad theres like three or four teams that matter and the rest are just cannon fodder. that's how it's been for the last 20 years and that's why the afc keeps sending brady manning ben or one year of Flacco to the superbowl

Edit: since 01 only one QB made the superbowl from the afc that isnt one of those four guys, rich gannon the year the raiders lost to tampa

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 11, 2019

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Nodoze posted:

By that logic the afc east isnt bad then lol

Every division is bad theres like three or four teams that matter and the rest are just cannon fodder. that's how it's been for the last 20 years and that's why the afc keeps sending brady manning ben or one year of Flacco to the superbowl

Edit: since 01 only one QB made the superbowl from the afc that isnt one of those four guys, rich gannon the year the raiders lost to tampa

That's only tangentially related the weakness of the AFCE

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:)

https://twitter.com/sagerosenfels18/status/1182669828680835073?s=21

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

All quarterbacks are right wing evangelical loons.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Blitz7x posted:

He leads the league in TE receptions with 37 and is number 4 with 359 yards receiving

https://twitter.com/PGutierrezESPN/status/1182307319574491136

Great story, happy for him

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

That's only tangentially related the weakness of the AFCE

I'd say an indicator of the level of QB play more than anything. Or coaching

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Nodoze posted:

I'd say an indicator of the level of QB play more than anything. Or coaching

Imagine if most NFL coaches understood their own sport.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The AFC West rules

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hell yeah AFCN chat escaped containment

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

sharknado slashfic posted:

Hell yeah AFCN chat escaped containment

was Kirkpatrick covering?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

are we not doing an aftermath thread this week?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There will probably be one once an actual game happens.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1182742848195776513

Hrm

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mega64 posted:

There will probably be one once an actual game happens.

a game did happen, yesterday. just because nobody watched it or wants to talk about it doesn't mean it didn't happen

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Play posted:

a game did happen, yesterday. just because nobody watched it or wants to talk about it doesn't mean it didn't happen

what are you talking about, my dude, there's been no game this week

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It was pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Darnold is going to die for the glory of Adam Gase

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1182726432490958848