Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I've thought for a while that Warren might've missed her year (I thought it was 2016), but I don't remember her being this good back then. She's much better at handling the dumb controversies after the Native American thing (she turned the YOU DIDN'T GET FIRED FOR BEING PREGNANT accusation into a huge boost) and she used to be closed off as all hell in the early days of the senate.

Best analysis of where we are right now: Biden is a poo poo candidate with a very wide base. Warren is a great candidate with a smaller base. Bernie's Bernieing. All get 50% to Donnie Brainstem's 40%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1182467043947352066?s=20

Joe has loving soup for brains

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
They botched his face-lift/stretch when they were stapling his face back onto his skull and went too deep

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

very cool that all remotely likely next-presidents are in their seventies

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Gotta appeal to the people that vote

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I have no idea where to ask this but I have decided that the army forum current events thread seems most appropriate

I was looking at aerial maps of southern California and I happened to notice that Naval Base Ventura County has like ten thousand white cars parked in enormous parking lots, just sitting there in a giant grid.

Why is this?

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
All the black vans are in use domestically

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

I have no idea where to ask this but I have decided that the army forum current events thread seems most appropriate

I was looking at aerial maps of southern California and I happened to notice that Naval Base Ventura County has like ten thousand white cars parked in enormous parking lots, just sitting there in a giant grid.

Why is this?

Deep state NWO gun grabbin FEMA camps I hope. Bring on the bubba-cide.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Those are probably all unsold production that some manufacturer can't sell, so they rented a big open lot from the gov. They're white because they have cling film on them to protect the paint.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

A bunch of rail lines are there so it’s a convenient storage lot to ship crap to.

Again, good logistics for sharia FEMA death camps. A man can dream.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Judging by the sheer quantity of cars, it's probably import storage for an overseas manufacturer. Possibly Hyundai/Kia.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

reports of a missile strike on an iranian oil tanker?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/11/world/middleeast/iran-tanker-explosion.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
:thunk:

https://twitter.com/gregolear/statu...ingawful.com%2F

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Oh, I really hope that leads to some obstruction of justice charges for those assholes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
gently caress those complicit assholes

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1182626043884199936?s=20

Ahahaha.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

A Bad Poster posted:

Oh, I really hope that leads to some obstruction of justice charges for those assholes.

I'd have to dig for the tweet, but it's likely not illegal. Donnie likely had an agreement that the bank got to take a look at them, but upon loan approval, he would get the returns back or that copy would be destroyed.

The tweet was of a Deutsche Bank employee basically saying "holy poo poo, that's not how we usually do things, but there are side agreements with clients sometimes". It's a pretty stupid/crooked bank already, so it makes sense, in a stupid/crooked way.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
DB is extremely crooked and launders a fuckton of money.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

DB is extremely crooked and launders a fuckton of money.

AKA Banking

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

facialimpediment posted:

I'd have to dig for the tweet, but it's likely not illegal. Donnie likely had an agreement that the bank got to take a look at them, but upon loan approval, he would get the returns back or that copy would be destroyed.

The tweet was of a Deutsche Bank employee basically saying "holy poo poo, that's not how we usually do things, but there are side agreements with clients sometimes". It's a pretty stupid/crooked bank already, so it makes sense, in a stupid/crooked way.

That kind of seems like bullshit. "We don't have the evidence you're asking for anymore because we were contractually obligated to destroy it. Don't blame us, those are just the rules!"

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

A Bad Poster posted:

That kind of seems like bullshit. "We don't have the evidence you're asking for anymore because we were contractually obligated to destroy it. Don't blame us, those are just the rules!"

I wish I could write the rules

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

White House: Nyah nyah we won't let Sonderland testify.
Congress: Fine. Here's a subpoena.
Sonderland: OK I'll testify.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry-live-updates/2019/10/11/457440b0-eb9c-11e9-9c6d-436a0df4f31d_story.html

quote:

U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, a key figure in the Ukraine controversy, bucked the State Department on Friday and announced he would appear before House investigators under subpoena next week.

The State Department blocked Sondland from appearing before three panels last week as the White House informed Democratic leaders they had no intention of cooperating with the impeachment inquiry.

Lawmakers also expect to hear closed-door testimony Friday from Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine who was recalled from her post in May. Barring late-hour intention by the State Department or White House, she is scheduled to appear at 10 a.m.

President Trump, meanwhile, prepared to stage his second campaign rally in as many days outside Washington as the inquiry rolls on. The focus is on Trump’s efforts to press Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden at a time when U.S. military aid to Ukraine was being withheld.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

colachute posted:

I wish I could write the rules

Writing the rules is little people stuff. The 1%'s lawyers and accountants do the actual writing.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1182621262914473984?s=09

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

psydude posted:

White House: Nyah nyah we won't let Sonderland testify.
Congress: Fine. Here's a subpoena.
Sonderland: OK I'll testify.

I'm not really sure if Ambassador Sycophant is a true believer or not, as it's unclear. But it's very clear that House Intel wants to get everyone on record now, before transcripts are officially released, and before they can all get their stories fully straight.

Chances are, the Trump side is getting informed by inside-the-room reports from idiots like Meadows and Jordan, so it's going to be lol when Sondland goes in and fucks up.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
House Democrats won the appeal on the GIMME HIS TAXES, TREASURY FUCKER case.

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1182658493653929984?s=19

Could get a full appeals court hearing, could get appealed to the Supreme Court, but a big win either way.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

So this is how you become an axis power.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

I'm not really sure if Ambassador Sycophant is a true believer or not, as it's unclear. But it's very clear that House Intel wants to get everyone on record now, before transcripts are officially released, and before they can all get their stories fully straight.

Chances are, the Trump side is getting informed by inside-the-room reports from idiots like Meadows and Jordan, so it's going to be lol when Sondland goes in and fucks up.

If stonewalling has been working for the administration so far, though, I'm not sure why they'd have one of their patsies agree to go in front of congress under oath. It makes Bigly Strongman look impotent. Based upon what's come out about Sonderland (he enjoyed the lifestyle of rubbing elbows with important people and sucked up to everyone in order to make that happen), I'm wondering if he's just trying to save his own rear end rather than get dragged down with everyone else.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Trump-appointed judge on this Tax appeal case is really, really fuckin dumb, as was expected/feared.

https://twitter.com/theglipper/status/1182660184696655876?s=19

https://twitter.com/TimothyRaben/status/1182663325701804037?s=19

She literally asked during oral arguments why the House didn't vote, so the House did, then she made up some other bullshit reason. Going to be fun dealing with these idiots on the bench for decades.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Coasterphreak posted:

Judging by the sheer quantity of cars, it's probably import storage for an overseas manufacturer. Possibly Hyundai/Kia.

Stationed there, confirming it is exactly this to include makes.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

facialimpediment posted:

The Trump-appointed judge on this Tax appeal case is really, really fuckin dumb, as was expected/feared.

https://twitter.com/theglipper/status/1182660184696655876?s=19

https://twitter.com/TimothyRaben/status/1182663325701804037?s=19

She literally asked during oral arguments why the House didn't vote, so the House did, then she made up some other bullshit reason. Going to be fun dealing with these idiots on the bench for decades.

quote:

we can't investigate the president to determine if he has committed any impeachable offenses... unless we're impeaching him.

But we can't impeach him unless we determine there are impeachable offenses

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
A legion of Heritage Foundation approved morons granted lifetime appointments in the judiciary is the most damaging thing Trump has done in his entire Presidency

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The government can impeach justices they just have rarely done so.

https://trumpconlaw.com/

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Proud Christian Mom posted:

A legion of Heritage Foundation approved morons granted lifetime appointments in the judiciary is the most damaging thing Trump has done in his entire Presidency

I don't even give Trump credit for that. That's entirely Turtle McFuckerstein's doing. He even says the Senate is a legislative graveyard, loudly and publicly. They give no fucks about doing anything right now, they're busy setting the country and it's legislation up to be controlled for the next thirty or forty years by the Republican party's un-elected and unstoppable judicial branch veto. The endless court based repeal efforts for the Affordable Care Act? Mother fucker you ain't seen *poo poo* yet.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Loving that the first majority response is essentially [citation needed] on the court's.... Interesting take.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

maffew buildings posted:

Stationed there, confirming it is exactly this to include makes.

OPSEC WIZARD?!?!?!

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

quote:

we can't investigate the president to determine if he has committed any impeachable offenses... unless we're impeaching him.

But we can't impeach him unless we determine there are impeachable offenses

Catch 45.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Wasabi the J posted:

So this is how you become an axis power.

WW3 major combatants shaping up to be US, Russia and England against the EU. Twist: this time the Nazis shoe has switched feet.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie Brainstem: I hosed over the Kurds to stop the endless wars!

Also Donnie Brainstem: https://twitter.com/Elizabeth_McLau/status/1182685149118398464?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie Brainstem: I hosed over the Kurds to stop the endless wars!

Also Donnie Brainstem: https://twitter.com/Elizabeth_McLau/status/1182685149118398464?s=19

The Saudis may not have been there at Inchon, but they were there at 9/11! :patriot: