Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/10/now-the-war-is-coming-to-us-turkish-towns-in-range-of-kurdish-shells

quote:

One woman who gave her name as Sabahat stood crying as various members of her family hurriedly clambered into a truck, clutching rucksacks and plastic bags. Her neighbourhood, Adnan Menderes, had been hit half an hour ago, setting a car on fire.

“This is all the Syrians’ fault,” she screamed, wiping away tears with the corner of her headscarf. “They came here and we took them in. Now the war is coming to us.”

quote:

Akçakale’s Syrian residents did not seem as perturbed as their Turkish neighbours. The Jaedi family, who grow cotton, aubergine and tomatoes, calmly drank tea and watched the chaos unfolding from their roadside stall.

“This is nothing like Syria,” 70-year-old Abdullah from Hama said, as his sister Amira and nephew Ahmed inspected their produce. “It’s just a few rockets.”

quote:

One of Erdoğan’s goals in Operation Peace Spring is to repatriate up to two million Syrians into the proposed 20-mile deep safe zone the assault is supposed to create on the border. Refugees have become a convenient scapegoat as Turkey’s economic crisis cuts ever deeper. A sentiment widely echoed across Turkey now is that Syrians here have outstayed their welcome.

“I’m not going anywhere,” Abdullah said. “Even a mortar landing right next to me won’t do it.”

Really excited for the ethnic cleansing that will follow this ethnic cleansing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

black male dead after bullet from police gun enters his body

black male who was no angel dead after bullet enters his body in an officer-involved shooting

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

30.5 Days posted:

Really excited for the ethnic cleansing that will follow this ethnic cleansing!

It's the exact same thing that happened in Afrin. Syrians forcibly relocated into Afrin didn't want to be there because they wanted to return to their actual homes.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

uncop posted:

black male who was no angel dead after bullet enters his body in an officer-involved shooting

Bullet based interaction leaves former weed dealer deceased while officer observes.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Bullet based interaction leaves former weed dealer deceased while officer observes.

Hero officer recovering well after witnessing a man with no active warrants interact with bullets

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

uncop posted:

black male who was no angel dead after bullet enters his body in altercation with police

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1182327504431960064?s=20

Agent Poso is on the case

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

what's his point, while everyone is melting down over syria erdogan will take over cyprus, EU member?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i think the it's supposed to be: while everyone's melting down over syria, erdogan is going to steal oil. the worst crime

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1182633725575815168?s=20

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

What

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I think Agent Poso forgot that half of Cyprus is Turkish.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
forgot, didn’t know, either/or

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Truga posted:

i think the it's supposed to be: while everyone's melting down over syria, erdogan is going to steal oil. the worst crime

lol of course

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:chord:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

wanna post this in the replies to this to get instant hate mail lol

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1182631106060918787

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lmao

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

iran disables an oil tanker: incredibly precise explosion, ship disabled but cargo unharmed, only circumstantial evidence pointing to Iran

saudi arabia disables an oil tanker: just send some missles at it, ship on fire, attacked in the Red Sea

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

trying to avoid the breathless minute by minute updates of the turkish assault and wait for quality longform analysis by people i trust

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

like what is the utility of jake hanrahan posting pictures of a little girl with her leg blown off without any analysis or real comment at all? how is sharing pictures of people suffering in the poo poo useful to developing a deeper understanding of this situation? exploitative behaviour, a complete exercise in ego, imo

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This does make the new Modern Warfare way more loving funny.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Finland,Norway, Sweden and Netherlands have announced the suspension of arms sales to Turkey. Don't think it's a lot even all together, but we'll see if France and/or Germany follow suit.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/1182731110981230595

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol death to america

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

uh oh tuwkey made a wittle fucky wucky

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

gently caress you trump lol

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

turkey killing US troops and the US being too cowed by its strategic and trade committments to hit back is some poo poo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Please, President Trump. Please blame this on the operators.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t believe Iran would do this

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/BTSBEINGBTSYT/status/1182736573353353221?s=20

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oops

https://twitter.com/juliess31/status/1182732935688003584?s=21

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

lol the epstein ring lives on

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Please, President Trump. Please blame this on the operators.

they're losers! they see a plane and dont get out of the way!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

more proof k-pop stans are mentally ill

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

more evidence that Korea is still a colony is that even their biggest cultural export is used to reinforce US hegemony globally

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

more evidence that Korea is still a colony is that even their biggest cultural export is used to reinforce US hegemony globally

they were really impressive on snl

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

"They knew what they signed up for."

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
is it too much to ask for the Holy League to finally finish the job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted: