Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Real gamers are too busy Gaming to cook for themselves anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

In Training posted:

Folks I burned my left hand thumb on a pan while cooking breakfast AKA The gamer thumb. When I was planning on playing a bunch of Mario this weekend. This is hell

Adversity is what separates the noobs from true gamers. If you can't pwn a babby game like Mario, how you gonna handle hot dropping into the thunderdome?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There's always using an adaptive controller

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Luckily for me the only blizzard game I played was 100 hours of overwatch and I only played as mei a little

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Knife skills = life skills

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah, Blizzard's burned a lot of thumbs over the past year or so. It's kinda impressive honestly.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Just do what Vicas did and play with your feet

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Help Im Alive posted:

Luckily for me the only blizzard game I played was 100 hours of overwatch and I only played as mei a little

That's fine, Mei is the good bit.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Yardbomb posted:

That's fine, Mei is the good bit.

I have bad news for you about what her voice actress thinks about Hong Kong.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the problem with mei is that she is still a being of pure evil disguised as a cute cinnamon roll, and so i still hate her, but i guess if she supports hk then she's alright'

edit: oh right i forgot about her VA rip

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

maybe this is all a big ARG, and the next WoW expansion gets rid of the horde v alliance war and replaces it with mainland vs hong kong

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

exquisite tea posted:

What do you do in RDR2 Online?

At launch: you grief each other

Now: you hunt animals or you hunt bounty npcs and occasionally you can do like a deathmatch

Its basically GTA Online without cars. RDR2 Online still feels very empty and soulless compared to RDR2.

But as with any co-op game, if you play with a friend you can have fun. You have the ENTIRE open world available... just not much to do in it. And all rewards are extremely grindy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All Hong Kong needs to do is wall themselves off and then in 10 years time they'll breakout and they'll all be British werewolves with top hats and monocles.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

That's fair! But I'm still going to hold myself accountable. I'm honestly upset by Blizzards behavior over the last year, and reading about how much stress and anxiety the management has caused their employees, really sucks. The people at the top here suck a lot and need to go.

I've been extremely disappointed by Blizzard for years so in a weird way I'm kinda glad they bumbled this up so much and now everybody's mad at them.

And I'm on the same level you are, I was a fan of Blizz my whole life, I played their games as a kid as much as Id Software's and more than anybody elses. War2 was my life. I have boxed copies of all early blizz games in my closet, including expansions and battle chests. With manuals and everything.

But the company we have now simply sucks. They bear no resemblance to the company we loved, who made lord of the clans and ghost and decided "eh, not good enough, we wouldn't buy this ourselves so we won't sell it". They had integrity and cared about art.

Now its just profits.

Diablo 3 was a loving garbage fire that they slowly managed to patch into being decent after getting rid of the lead designer.

SC2 they spent like 10 years on and the game is basically just a 3D graphics pack for SC1. The eSports stuff works well but that's all that works well. The Campaign's story is one of the worst things I've ever seen in my life.

They've been working on Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone and Overwatch and making way too much money off loot boxes to make good games. They're Valve-ing right now. They're not going to release high quality single player games anymore, purely multiplayer things they can sell lootboxes for, and mobile garbage.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i need to get around to playing the new Hitman maps

https://twitter.com/CreamyElephant/status/1182655843537477635

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Why does it matter what the va of a character thinks? Aside from them being a celebrity of a sort I don’t think it matters much when it comes to reappropriate the character for something like democracy in HK. Also, I don’t think people with families (I don’t know anything about the va in question) in China are going to be keen on doing something that may result in punishment for their relatives. I’ll admit some ignorance but China’s not a bastion of free speech

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Kerrzhe posted:

the problem with mei is that she is still a being of pure evil disguised as a cute cinnamon roll, and so i still hate her, but i guess if she supports hk then she's alright'

edit: oh right i forgot about her VA rip

I mean if the "make Mei a HK protest symbol" thing works, her VA is probably gonna get blacklisted as well, so all the better if she's a piece of poo poo.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3kx79y/popular-hearthstone-commentator-says-hell-no-longer-work-with-blizzard

Blizz Employee posted:

you can't keep the lights on when we lose income from China

:psyduck:

How did the lights get turned on in the first place?

I hate the capitalist idea that if you aren't growing every year you're wrong. Blizzard used to be happy to put out high-quality games, and as long as they could actually keep the lights on, good deal. Now that they're activision, "keeping the lights on" means making record profits of 2.4 billion dollars while also laying off 800 employees.

That's not keeping the lights on. That's guaranteeing your CEO can buy a 5th mansion.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Be the first one on your block to have your boy come home in a lootbox

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

:fork: the :homebrew:

How is there not an eat the rich emote yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

i need to get around to playing the new Hitman maps

https://twitter.com/CreamyElephant/status/1182655843537477635

Been waiting for this game to go on sale on Steam.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

bushisms.txt posted:

:fork: the :homebrew:

Some hits from cspam
:killing:
:votegop:
:d2a:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Saint Freak posted:

I have bad news for you about what her voice actress thinks about Hong Kong.

That's what makes it better.

Though I'm also a bit hesitant to tar them too much for what little they've said, considering they're apparently in Shanghai and probably don't want to get van'd.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 11, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

dreamless posted:

It fixed my biggest problem with Valkyrie Profile, which was that your guys all had the same moves, so I'm happy enough. I'm enjoying switching up my party and getting in fights and learning to use the different characters together, though there's nothing in the difficulty that really requires you to do that. Defense gives you something to do on the enemy's turn, which is fun, but I think it's too effective and makes the difficulty problems worse.

Ya. I also like the addition of the guard mechanic, but I'm not sure how you would balance it properly. Maybe change it so that perfect guards refill even more of your iddhi meter instead of reducing / negating all damage. If you are good at perfect guards, you basically can't die after your 3rd defense upgrade because the enemy does no chip damage to you.

exquisite tea posted:

What do you do in RDR2 Online?

Grief people, get griefed or spend hours and hours hunting and skinning animal pelts so you can afford to buy a slightly fancier hat.

It's bad.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Also as someone who moronically joined the army, the esports thing is extremely gross, the military should not be allowed to advertise to kids or at all, and you probably shouldn't be able to join until 21. (Though this would close off a potential route out of poverty for people which is bullshit but I don't fault people for making that choice)

But, you know, lol.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 11, 2019

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bushisms.txt posted:

:thermidor:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
lights $200
orc statues $350
snacks $250
mtn dew $150
executive bonuses $6550000
can someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this, my employees and customers are dying

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
If Blizzard is truly trying to stay apolitical in this debate, they should give both sides the same treatment and delete Mei from the game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Looper posted:

lights $200
orc statues $350
snacks $250
mtn dew $150
executive bonuses $6550000
can someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this, my employees and customers are dying

Only answer is layoffs, I'm afraid. There's just no other way!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That 15 million bonus pissed me off even more than usual. It wasn't a signing/recruiting bonus because he already worked there. It wasn't a promotion bonus because it was a lateral move back to a job he already held. It represented the salaries of hundreds of people who got fired that very quarter. It was purely just a thing they could do because they could

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

sounds like blizzard has learned all it can about looting so diablo 4 should be good to go

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of lovely companies, Konami apparently announced a new Silent Hill...pachinko machine

Like I know that sounds like a dumb joke but it's also what is happening. It's like they're devoting these years to making their fans suffer

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

axelblaze posted:

Speaking of lovely companies, Konami apparently announced a new Silent Hill...pachinko machine

Like I know that sounds like a dumb joke but it's also what is happening. It's like they're devoting these years to making their fans suffer

I love SH2 and SH1/3/4 are pretty solid, but at this point there's been more bad or mediocre SHs than good ones, and the good ones are so long ago, I just say let it die.

Team Silent was disbanded. They've been whoring out the license to western devs for years, and if they made another that's what they'd do. So at this point I'd rather they don't.

And if some western dev wants the SH license they should just call it Mute Valley instead.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Is Konami still making video games or is it all mobile gatcha poo poo and pachinko machines now?

newest Contra game doesn't count because it looks like they dusted off a canned cheapo xbox 360 online game

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Monkey Fracas posted:

Is Konami still making video games or is it all mobile gatcha poo poo and pachinko machines now?

newest Contra game doesn't count because it looks like they dusted off a canned cheapo xbox 360 online game

They also do bare minimum effort ports of their old stuff.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

that's pretty much what they did, its from the happy wars people and like 70% of the stuff I've seen in contra is just directly lifted from that game

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

singateco posted:

*me, game journo whos reviewing Zanki Zero*
Actually, this game is pretty janky.

It's definitely a mess, but I think it's overall pretty interesting.

I'm not entirely sure I understood the plot at the end. Not because it was complex or obfuscated, but because my eyes kinda glazed over at how goofy some of it got.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
apropo of nothing, today I saw someone wearing a shirt that said "Party like W. Dress like JFK. Think like Reagan."

still trying to unpack what it means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

apropo of nothing, today I saw someone wearing a shirt that said "Party like W. Dress like JFK. Think like Reagan."

still trying to unpack what it means
hate the gays but be a fun drunk in a nice suit while you do it