Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Right wing crazies have been urging fox to kick Shep off for years.

Seems like we know what Barr wanted from Murdoch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Of course. Right before close on a Friday that was so transparent.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
I literally ran into Shepard Smith at the Louvre last year (we were both coming around a corner from different sides) and he is cool as hell. His son seemed rad too.

gg shep for cashing those checks

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

mod sassinator posted:

...and as a result the entire southern border is under a state of emergency and the national guard is being immediately deployed to build a massive 'fire wall' to prevent the fires from spreading to Mexico!

How'd you get Miller's private playbook???

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CommieGIR posted:

Its how he thinks deals are made: Announce the deal ahead of time and hope the guy across the table has a weaker stomach than you.

But its China. So they don't. Trump is the weak party at the negotiating table.

i believe i read something that one of the well-known chinese negotiating tactics is to get you to commit to a big deal signing ahead of time, drop a big change on you at the last minute, and make you pick between announcing the deal signing is off or accepting their last minute grab

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/kaylatausche/status/1182742335295311873

https://twitter.com/sarahcwestwood/status/1182714355437232128

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/jeffmason1/status/1182748789716803585

no, dig up

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/1182751566031478784

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
So did Barr convey a personal request from Donald Trump to Rupert Murdoch to fire Shepard Smith because it sure as gently caress looks
like it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you think Donnie knows the chile trip is a trip to a place called Chile and not a trip to get chili?

(also the last time Donnie went to a different hemisphere didnt he literally post how he discovered opposite seasons)

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

So that's why Barr was there, huh

Efb so bad

ummel fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 11, 2019

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

So how many crimes are we up to now, I've lost count

Spikegal posted:

Omg I love your avatar, it's so loving cute.

Thank you! A goon made it for me :3:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Josiensor/status/1182751874182762496
https://twitter.com/TrumpsAlert/status/1182414134748438529
https://twitter.com/Nicole_Lafond/status/1182750360835899393

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Anyone trying to spin this as 'well accidents happen!' or 'let's wait to hear all the information!' or other bullshit is complicit with the genocide of the Kurds.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Why do people like Shep fall on the sword and step down instead of making the cronies drag them out?

It's not like his career is over or anything. Unless there's something else going on.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ummel posted:

Why do people like Shep fall on the sword and step down instead of making the cronies drag them out?

It's not like his career is over or anything. Unless there's something else going on.

If you go by his word, it was him that wanted to leave.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1182754304236670979

the people there are talking to reporters real fast about this one

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

ummel posted:

He's probably getting a nice severance package to go quietly.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
The president got a man on the news fired because he wasn't nice to the president, and we all know this happened

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
the president of the united states uses his power to make sure the TV makes him happy and says nice things about him when he watches the TV

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

theflyingorc posted:

the president of the united states uses his power to make sure the TV makes him happy and says nice things about him when he watches the TV

Old news really.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The people who made the Chernobyl miniseries need to make one about Trump. Hilary Clinton is basically the Dyatlov of American politics.

:abuela: "3.6 roentgen points in Michigan. Not great, not terrible."

Koalas March posted:

So how many crimes are we up to now, I've lost count

Everyone has TBH

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Very cruel to begin a tweet with "Stephen Miller is out at WH"

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1182754304236670979

the people there are talking to reporters real fast about this one

Sounds like a whole lot of VERY pissed off military types trying to say "POTUS loving did this" without actually saying it.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

sean10mm posted:

The people who made the Chernobyl miniseries need to make one about Trump. Hilary Clinton is basically the Dyatlov of American politics.

this is the worst analogy I have ever heard

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

It's been a long day. :smith:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Ah yes, mark-to-market trade deals. Deals kinda-sorta promised for the future get reported and in the books immediately. Worked great for Enron.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ummel posted:

it's money, OP

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Is it too Tom Clancy to assume it's pretty straight forward to figure out whether the shelling is coming from one place or another?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Doctor Butts posted:

Is it too Tom Clancy to assume it's pretty straight forward to figure out whether the shelling is coming from one place or another?

Nope. Counterbattery stuff is pretty common, at least the guys and probably their chain of command know where the fire is coming from, if not who is firing.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

Radar systems to figure out where artillery fire came from (so you can shoot back at it) date back to like the 1970s.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Doctor Butts posted:

I'd honestly be surprised if they didn't have a Q36 radar, they're relatively small and easy to move around.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

theflyingorc posted:

It's the Three Mile Island of analogies

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

How are u posted:

Trump does this dumb poo poo like every 3 months and it's the same thing every time!

Hail the supremacy of the unfettered free market! Never gets it wrong!

In the minds of the main mattering men the slow down before the speed up adds to the art of the artifice.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

VitalSigns posted:

It's the Three Mile Island of analogies
I'm the Windscale of posters.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Inferior Third Season posted:

He's probably getting a nice severance package to go quietly.

I forgot about those, doh.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

sean10mm posted:

Radar systems to figure out where artillery fire came from (so you can shoot back at it) date back to like the 1970s.

but what if its some sort of railgun on top of a walking robo tank?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Shep Smith was complicit at Fox News and I never understood why people gave him a pass.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

sean10mm posted:

This is really unfair to Dyatlov.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Shep Smith was complicit at Fox News and I never understood why people gave him a pass.
Handsome White man say good words