Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

10's of hours of entertainment.

If Blobers doesn't disappear when this thing is released, I'll be quite surprised, but then I've seen some massively broken brained Goons defending things, so he could be around.

I like the $465M typo, though; He seems completely unaware that venture capitalists often invest money to provide for losses to offset the balance sheet. Being rich doesn't mean that you're smart. A literal object lesson for modern times.

Especially at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strangler 42 posted:

I think that "Out respect to my peers and the company I worked for, I will not be entertaining any questions" reads as "I got paid hush money to not slag off my old employer so they can continue scam you guys. Sorry."

I read it as: "I am a decent guy, so I won't be washing the dirty laundry I have publicly, but rest assured, there are plenty," though your version is also possible.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:reddit:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So I guess 3.7 is out on live. Features: caves, a new ship you can pay for, some new guns?

The servers are apparently melting under the load of Citizens but this is the first patch all year that I can't even be assed to download. None of the new stuff will be accessible and I don't really feel like scouring the loving landscape looking for a ten meter wide cave opening so I can scoop poo poo or whatever thrilling gameplay Chris has envisioned taking place in the brief time before my commando clips through the mantle of the planet and becomes one with infinity.

I'm just... so done with it. I cannot believe there's any enthusiasm left from the fan base, but here we are.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

rePool posted:

I was "friends" with him on discord and we had several talks over the years. He's actually a really nice guy. Not a bad thing to say about him.

Cool, never a bad thing when one of the decent peeps move on to better things :)

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

10's of hours of entertainment.

"And slowly have to build 5 studios, hire +500 devs and create full innovative pipelines"

Joeblobbers is just all kinds of strange, but funny. :)

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

My reaction, interpreted in a dance:

https://giant.gfycat.com/ShockedDelightfulBrant.webm

p.s. that has got to be Sandi's mocap, good god that is the saddest most wooden movement

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sarsapariller posted:

p.s. that has got to be Sandi's mocap, good god that is the saddest most wooden movement

> Most fidelity ever

> Everything clips through everything (helmet through suit, hand through side gun, etc, etc)

Revolutionary!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

> Most fidelity ever

> Everything clips through everything (helmet through suit, hand through side gun, etc, etc)

Revolutionary!

I'm the FOIP that looks like a broken animatronic

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I'm going with "I've seen how idiots will throw money at you if you make empty promises and give them JPGs.

I'm off to make a JPG factory and milk me some whales!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sarsapariller posted:

Something strange about that anim... almost like the uncanny valley effect.

Also, don't like, you'll be back playing SC sooner or later. Admit it, you're a SC junkie.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

$100 the income tracker doesn't show $0

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett posted:

$100 the income tracker doesn't show $0

THE ONLY GAME WHERE THE FUNDING TRACKER GIVES MONEY BACK!

https://i.imgur.com/XKJ5amE.gifv

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Boy I just love to facetiously use the literal definition of "pay to win" instead of the one people actually mean!

NAME A SHIP THAT CAN ONE SHOT PEOPLE. THAT YOU CAN'T EARN IN GAME. DO IT. YOU CAN'T!!!!! I WIN!!!!!!

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Hey, asl

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

VealCutlet posted:

Hey, asl is the best board game in the world.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Cool, DonKarnage is giving refunds.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Counterpoint:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Strangler 42 posted:

I think that "Out respect to my peers and the company I worked for, I will not be entertaining any questions" reads as "I got paid hush money to not slag off my old employer so they can continue scam you guys. Sorry."
to me it feels more like fear of legal action tbqh

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

IronicDongz posted:

to me it feels more like fear of legal action tbqh

It’s a weird thing to say outright. NDA’s are not unusual.

(Although NDAs are unenforceable when they cover illegal acts or conspiracy to commit illegal acts. I add for no particular reason.)

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

My "Nothing To See Here" t-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Strangler 42 posted:

Is this another high level leaver? It is a manager position but some of CIG's "senior" positions are staffed by fresh college grads.

Supplemental:

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 12, 2019

marumaru
May 20, 2013

gimme those new hair workflows chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

game is even shittier this patch by the way. i dont know why i put myself through this poo poo.

- remember how annoying it was to be interdicted in the middle of your 40 minute mandatory Immersive Quantum Drive™ Travel? well now it happens every 10-30s. lol!
- remember how annoying it was to not be able to get a ship with cargo space without spending a few hundred bucks! rejoice, rental is finally in! but it's extremely expensive, get grinding. (i didnt get to try it though because my ship blew up every time i tried getting to the place where you can rent ships. see interdictions above)
- had another guy in chat tell me that The Game Isn't Meant to be Fun when i was whining about the above points. he also lowkey told me that the longass quantum drive travel times are my own fault for not Investing enough in Chris Robert's Star Citizen™.

see you in 6-12 months, citizens!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Inacio posted:

holy poo poo dudes i stand corrected this is truly the most accurate representation of Earth in a video game ever. truly incredible
bravo roberts

e: these are leaked please dont tell sandi i got them

lol what are those actually from I gotta know

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

lol what are those actually from I gotta know

MSFS 2020
it's going to be loving lit

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Jesus loving christ CI¬g, the absolute state of that "note" page, I mean, fucks sake.

Acting Director Chairman Lt Commander Bad Cop = LMAO, wtf is this?

I do laugh at:

quote:

"Any misuse of the clubs branding materials would carry the appropriate consequences"
- Nah it won't, gently caress off, photoshops being fired up right now, put ur paws up!

That whole "Note" section is just basically CI¬g cramming as many acronyms for "suckers" in one page as possible. Of course, nothing on that page is proper anymore since CIG don't exist anymore and now CI¬g are in charge. :shrug:

The Office Of The Registrar.
The Mile High Club "THMC" THEMHCLUB

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 12, 2019

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol I was going to guess it was flight sim too ahahahahaha

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

lol I was going to guess it was flight sim too ahahahahaha
check this poo poo out dude
https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/videos/LionelV7.mp4

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wow nutty that Chris Roberts and crew were able to do this too

but for real holy poo poo that's crazy I want to see a lowdown view of that stuff and see at what point the detail breaks down

I also really want to see some bugs like trees coming out of buildings

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
Roberts: get me EMC on the phone, I need them to loan us a couple thousand petabytes of storage!
Dev: why?
Roberts: <wave hands> because we need to make sure every planet is 1:1 realism!
Dev: Sir did you watch the MSFS trailer?
Roberts: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooah
Dev: Sir be honest.
Roberts: <sniffle> It's not fair! I am making the BDSSE! I should be the one making these presentations!
Dev: Sir our game is poo poo, it will always be poo poo.
Roberts: I know but it isn't FAIR!
Dev: <leaves office>
Dev: <calls friend> Do you still have that opening at your company?

FIN

marumaru
May 20, 2013

2 hours+ in: 6th crash, still (still) havent managed to get to the rental kiosk. this is not a joke. i literally cant get to the rental kiosk because i'll either get interdicted every 10 seconds, my ship will exit quantum drive due to overheating right inside an asteroid, blowing up immediately, or i'll crash.

why am i doing this to myself goons.

e: 8th crash. im done
chris roberts wins. ill never reach the rental kiosk. dropping $10k on ships now, this is His vision. it's how it's meant to be

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Funny to think that a game that has been in development for like 9 years or something crazy like that is still unplayable and never will be because the people who started the programming on the game are all gone and all that is left is for people to be taught by people who were taught by people who were taught by people who were taught by the original devs and no one has any idea what the hell the coding is all about,

Like I imagine the people in the coding team just arrive in the cubes and stare unblinkingly shocked and wide-eyed at their PC monitor, unmoving, for 10 hours a day and then clock out and go home

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1182815700085284865

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Toxic Mental posted:

Funny to think that a game that has been in development for like 9 years or something crazy like that is still unplayable and never will be because the people who started the programming on the game are all gone and all that is left is for people to be taught by people who were taught by people who were taught by people who were taught by the original devs and no one has any idea what the hell the coding is all about,

Like I imagine the people in the coding team just arrive in the cubes and stare unblinkingly shocked and wide-eyed at their PC monitor, unmoving, for 10 hours a day and then clock out and go home

They can't fix what's broken because that's admitting it's broken. Better to keep releasing ships, over and over again, one after another, and let backers think "well if the game were broken they wouldn't be releasing all these ships." That's why I say this is an open scam - there's nothing for CIG to hide. They're putting the broken poo poo front and center for anyone to try, whittling down the backer base so now they're robbing the mentally ill almost exclusively. Since it's "just a game" there's no way to stop them. "Hey it's open development, we have free-fly weekends all the time, nobody can say they didn't know what they were paying for." Whether or not their targeted audience has the cognitive ability to figure out what's happening to them is a question that will go unasked and unanswered. Keep on stealing, Crobbler! You could steal the wallet right from a guy on 5th avenue and you wouldn't lose backers.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
Caught up with thread!

So why hasn't Chris Robearts not gone after the Chinese money?
He's greedy enough.

And China likes Winnie the Pooh, so they have bears in common.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Dogeh posted:

Caught up with thread!

So why hasn't Chris Robearts not gone after the Chinese money?
He's greedy enough.

And China likes Winnie the Pooh, so they have bears in common.

Because the Chinese people buying up game/studio rights are targetting actual games or functional dev studios. CI¬g is world known as being dubious in ability, CR is world known to be dubious in ability, CI¬g has no actual product, CR has no relevant experience in production of AAA games and history tends to repeat itself only bigger each time.

In other words, they are going after real studios led by real devs with real products behind them. :)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/I5rV5e4.gifv

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Thoatse' post = :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: Too darn adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

I bet Derakarsis makes a huge scene whenever something is wrong with his fast food order.