Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Reg a new account for the new storyline so we can filter posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Eh just do one at a time so we can vote the decisions

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Just secretly do the new ones, then when we finish this arc you can dump another arc at your leisure.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Reg a new account for the new storyline so we can filter posts

wait, this is a decent idea (is this against forum rules?)

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

You are making content man do whatever you want

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny-on-the-Spot posted:

I think you have a variety of translation threads already, maybe don't start another one?

while this is true, also consider this: neener neener neener

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

while this is true, also consider this: neener neener neener

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
More NEET less neener

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Just secretly do the new ones, then when we finish this arc you can dump another arc at your leisure.

This is the correct answer.

If you open a new thread, it also defeats the purpose of voting. Also it'll be exactly the same people in both threads talking about roughly the same content.
Also you already have multiple translation threads.
I also like the suspense of "What's going on in his other life?" that I feel would be better if we finished this one first, but that's just me.

Imho, it's not the best idea.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Shadow0 posted:

This is the correct answer.

If you open a new thread, it also defeats the purpose of voting. Also it'll be exactly the same people in both threads talking about roughly the same content.
Also you already have multiple translation threads.
I also like the suspense of "What's going on in his other life?" that I feel would be better if we finished this one first, but that's just me.

Imho, it's not the best idea.
Yeah this is true

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

You could have each post have two sections for the two (or three???) storylines happening.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alright since there's no consensus i'll just keep doing this i guess >__>

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
post the other storyline updates in this thread!!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Mr. Steak posted:

Do a new account because lowtax can use another ten bucks.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

imo if you want things to be organized for reading one day you should organize the pictures and put them on a site, but it's okay if you just post them as they're ready all in this thread

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
double double toil and trouble
fire burn and cauldron bubble

making witches brew I am

there thats all of macbeth, it's over, you saw it. give us the NEET.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Me: oh wow! 30 new NEET posts! there must be new content!

Mr. Steak posted:

:circlefap:

Me: :cry:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

e: i have decided to suck it up and do one path at a time. we'll get to loop back around soon enough. i was eager to have young tohru again, but we can deal.

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 12, 2019

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
But Tohru's back doing what he loved in his youth: Googling stuff!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
the last time Tohru used Google two people died

who knows how high the bodycount will be this time

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Straight White Shark posted:

the last time Tohru used Google two people died

who knows how high the bodycount will be this time

From the makers of Death Note: Death Google!

He should switch to the more harmless Bing or maybe AskJeeves.

Zidrooner
Jul 20, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

I'm almost certain it's not against the rules, you just aren't allowed to dodge probation with your alts

VonCrunchhausen
Mar 15, 2015

Ah, poo poo...

Tohru will have to get himself a new identity.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Is Tohru googling his own name the first time it's mentioned that his last name is Nii? That's pretty clever.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Nah, it was mentioned on the very second page of the comic. But it is pretty neat.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lodin posted:

Is Tohru googling his own name the first time it's mentioned that his last name is Nii? That's pretty clever.

What's clever about Nii Touru? Am I missing something? Unless you mean that it vaguely sounds like Nintendo.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

NiiT ohru
Niit
NEET

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Haifisch posted:

But Tohru's back doing what he loved in his youth: Googling stuff!

And he specifically became a criminal because he wanted to stand out in the world!

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

NiiT ohru
Niit
NEET

:aaaaa:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Also his forename is the character 透, which is commonly used in the word 透る, which can mean "to go inside"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Also his forename is the character 透, which is commonly used in the word 透る, which can mean "to go inside"

that's.... a huge stretch. the only time i can recall ever having encountered the kanji 透 is in the name Tohru (not just in this comic). while it can apparently(?) be used in place of the much more common 通る as the verb you're referring to, i've never seen it, probably because it specifically refers to chemical processes such as osmosis where a solvent is "going inside" a solution (edit: oh, or light permeating through something. i see its most often used to refer to semi-transparency)

edit; and yes this is how japanese gets around the abundance of homophones. small differences in meaning are conveyed with kanji usage

Mr. Steak fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 12, 2019

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but anyway, the name is still clever because Tohru is a highly common given name and Nii is a highly common family name

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is also a joke from like the 3rd update of the comic so get up to speed! drat!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

That makes sense but one quick question: Who is Tohru?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

we're all Tohru.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Ruggan posted:

That makes sense but one quick question: Who is Tohru?

For years we've been asking.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Mr. Steak posted:

that's.... a huge stretch. the only time i can recall ever having encountered the kanji 透 is in the name Tohru (not just in this comic). while it can apparently(?) be used in place of the much more common 通る as the verb you're referring to, i've never seen it, probably because it specifically refers to chemical processes such as osmosis where a solvent is "going inside" a solution (edit: oh, or light permeating through something. i see its most often used to refer to semi-transparency)

edit; and yes this is how japanese gets around the abundance of homophones. small differences in meaning are conveyed with kanji usage

it's number 3 in the definition found on jisho.org

dunno how common or rare it is irl

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Why does one word have 15 different definitions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Pawn 17 posted:

Why does one word have 15 different definitions?

define the English word "go" including all of its variant uses