Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

HKexit now, HKexit forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, I suppose I agree with the implied question, which is that "genocide" is an imprecise and inaccurate term for what China is doing.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Free R. Guyovich

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SorePotato posted:

all cops are rapists

One Country #meToo Systems

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Darkest Auer posted:

Free R. Guyovich

I thought you didnt like genocide denial

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I mean I explicitly call it ethnic cleansing in that post and compare it to some of the worst crimes in recent history across the world but sure, you can fail to understand a semantic/rhetorical argument and interpret that as “therefore this is fine lol.”

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

nice knowing ya lightning knight. bye bye. sorry honey. shouldn't have done the genocide denial

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Spergin Morlock posted:

I thought you didnt like genocide denial

Apparently he was all that stood between sort-of-ironic shitposting about concentration camps and full-on anarchy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

nice knowing ya lightning knight. bye bye. sorry honey. shouldn't have done the genocide denial

the PYF tankies thread is cataloging the posts for QQCS as we speak

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Darkest Auer posted:

Apparently he was all that stood between sort-of-ironic shitposting about concentration camps and full-on anarchy

You know why he isn't here anymore right?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

cancel culture strikes again

Darkest Auer posted:

lol

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I have here in my hand a list of 205 mods

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1182846992239734784

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Lightning Knight posted:

sounds about acab
Yeah. One of the first things I saw in China was the Chengguan screaming at homeless people and street vendors to shoo them out of tourist areas. They're not above just beating the poo poo out of poor people to make them go away either.I guess some things are universal.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean I explicitly call it ethnic cleansing in that post and compare it to some of the worst crimes in recent history across the world but sure, you can fail to understand a semantic/rhetorical argument and interpret that as “therefore this is fine lol.”

its almost as if no one actually cares about the literal legal and rhetorical meanings of the word genocide and the extent to which they actually apply to the ughyur concentration camps and the entire reductive argument that the thread is full of genocide deniers is just a very ironically shitposty attempt to silence any discourse that tries to discuss the issue on a more complex level than gently caress china

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Darkest Auer posted:

And people said anarchists never accomplished anything

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

One Website Two Subforums

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

its almost as if no one actually cares about the literal legal and rhetorical meanings of the word genocide and the extent to which they actually apply to the ughyur concentration camps and the entire reductive argument that the thread is full of genocide deniers is just a very ironically shitposty attempt to silence any discourse that tries to discuss the issue on a more complex level than gently caress china

It's super important to the thread, and also to the discourse, that whenever someone brings up the Uighur situation that we change the subject to American crimes, and talk about that instead.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I love talking about America! Its the most important country after all

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Some Guy TT posted:

I desire to cite that this poster is so clueless about current events that they tried to savagely own people for reacting to genocide explainer's self-banning 72 hours after the fact for reacting to it 72 hours after the fact which is when they found out about it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

>The specific views expressed by blitzchung were NOT a factor in the decision we made. I want to be clear: our relationships in China had no influence on our decision.

Lmao @ these squirming, lying curs.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ther'es a bunch of other things I desire, such as the immediate termination of every single billionare. china, however, despite having the power to do this immediately with close-to-minimal "backlash", disagrees with me and advocates that capitalism must be preserved. therefore,

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

I desire to cite that this poster is so clueless about current events that they tried to savagely own people for reacting to genocide explainer's self-banning 72 hours after the fact for reacting to it 72 hours after the fact which is when they found out about it

what

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

One Website Two Subforums

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
this thread is so intense, though that's almost certainly because I'm super loving high and i want to see gamers get owned

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Look, is Sleeping Dogs 2 coming out this year or not?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Mar 23, 2021

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i always liked c-spam as a subforum, hidden from the world

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
our own digital wakanda

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

People are denying genocide in Xinjiang because the facts aren't consistent with a policy of trying to wipe out a nation, by any means. Not in body or culture. There's all sorts of other comparisons that could be made, like Japanese internment during WW2 or the Mau Mau concentration camps in British Kenya - where people were rounded up en masse as suspected fifth columns. But China's policies just aren't consistent with other genocides in the historical record. Forcing Uighurs into becoming party loyalists and indoctrinating them with Chinese civic ideology may be hamfisted and draconian, but it's not a genocide.

This talk matters, because if what's happening in Xinjiang is of equal import to the Holocaust or the Armenian genocide, like bloodnose tries to put it - then it behooves us to end it. That means sanctions, it means war, and it means regime change. If you're not willing to overthrow China and liberate the Uighurs, then you're not really serious about the problem of genocide. bloodnose at least, as a state department lackey, is ideologically consistent. That's a lot more than can be said for other posters itt who view the Uighurs as just another weapon in their posting wars.

If there's an actually existing genocide going on in Xinjiang, then screaming at people for being genocide deniers while not being willing to attack the Chinese state only normalizes genocide as a matter of course in international affairs.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 07:46 on Oct 12, 2019

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Just for the record, I don't give a poo poo about the Uighurs or Tibetans or any specific ethnic group, this poo poo is all about how the CCP is oppressing the entire population of China

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Darkest Auer posted:

Just for the record, I don't give a poo poo about the Uighurs

we already knew that

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Darkest Auer posted:

Just for the record, I don't give a poo poo about the Uighurs or Tibetans or any specific ethnic group, this poo poo is all about how the CCP is oppressing the entire population of China

uh

lol you’re a prick wow

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Darkest Auer posted:

this post sounded so much better in your head lmao jesus

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Ethnic cleansing is counter-revolutionary.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Darkest Auer posted:

Right, and people posting about definitions don't care about bball and hearthstone

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Darkest Auer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe2yU4TCFk0&t=797s

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Varinn posted:

this post sounded so much better in your head lmao jesus

No but really, this thread has been all about the genocide lately, when really the root of the problem is the CCP and Emperor Pooh himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's All About the Genocide by Weird Al