Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Why didn't you post that the first time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hey OSHA butterfly, I think your hi‐vis vest is faded and out of spec.

(It’s an anise swallowtail.)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

:perfect:

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

Can someone please post the comic with the astronaut approaching the black hole?
I would but I can't remember who drew it.

:lol:

http://threewordphrase.com/blackhole.htm

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

wait, is that a chaos butterfl--- IT FLAPPED ITS WINGS, RUN!!! :derp:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

KoRMaK posted:

a mentally ill small business owner

but you repeat yourself.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That is just loving beautiful

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I would love a thread of airline ground support stories from the ramp.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

This kid is unreal.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Burt Sexual posted:

This is really good, but I feel unsatisfied not seeing the machine itself. It seems...large.

anyone post a link of what the huge bulldozer killing machine looks like?

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

It's probably just an excavator with a hydraulic cutting arm

Like this.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Piggy Smalls posted:

anyone post a link of what the huge bulldozer killing machine looks like?

I've only ever seem them mounted on excavators like this.

https://images.app.goo.gl/C5cztnmJudBHCBjA9

Never as clean as the one in the picture though lol.

Scrap yards have some cool equipment. I love the big electro-magnets, often mounted in a similar way. I bought some used forklifts from my work once. They came as a lot and I sold all but one, it was just a pile of junk. I couldn't give it away so I decided to cut it up and haul it to the scrap yard. Last load was the chassis which weighed 2700 lbs. Guy drives up, hovers his gently caress off huge magnet over it and turns it on. Nothing for a few seconds, then it starts to vibrate and DOINK, it popped off the back of the truck like it was weightless. Pretty cool.

E: I guess he did that all while I stood literally 5 ft away so I guess OSHA.

ncumbered_by_idgits fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 12, 2019

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006
wheeeee

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

Jesus Christ that thing just launches. I bet there are 5 or 10 elevator amputation and/or snuff videos for every quick-thinking person

Fake edit: This is an Elevator In China video, right? :stare:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Sanctum posted:

So airplanes use a disgusting amount of fuel and don't have much in the way of filters. They count on the filtering being done ground-side. Because of the amount of fuel they go through it's extra important that jet fuel is clear of contamination. One aspect of filtering jet fuel is removing water contamination. The old style of filters do this by absorbing the water and filters are replaced every year. The new filters are water separators and are good for 3-5 years, but because they separate water from fuel it's important that they are drained daily to prevent buildup of water contamination.

I'm currently on vacation. Last time I went on vacation I came back and found water contamination in most of the units with the new filters because my co-workers weren't doing their jobs. There's a new fueling company that never did any kind of compliance for the whole summer. Maybe they were dumping contaminated fuel into the pits at night, or maybe they never drained their filters and pumped dirty fuel because they didn't know better? Anyways they are doing the right things now, because I see them doing it now whereas before they had no legitimate way of collecting or disposing of contaminated fuel. There's a 3rd company that's even worse and I'm actually confused about how the FAA hasn't shut them down. I think there's not enough g-men that know the rules to actually enforce them so right now it's kinda an at-will thing. Be good or don't. What does happen is eventually an airline auditor comes along that knows their stuff and then they report violations to the FAA.

Well the sad thing this is the playbook that certain people operate under is to intentionally break government functions just so they can point at those functions as evidence that government is disfunctional and incapable of working.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I'm not confident that my reaction time would be fast enough to keep both my arms if I was ever in the same situation.

Hell, if she was leaning just an inch or two more forward it would have taken off her head. Holy gently caress.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I've only ever seem them mounted on excavators like this.

https://images.app.goo.gl/C5cztnmJudBHCBjA9

Never as clean as the one in the picture though lol.

Scrap yards have some cool equipment. I love the big electro-magnets, often mounted in a similar way. I bought some used forklifts from my work once. They came as a lot and I sold all but one, it was just a pile of junk. I couldn't give it away so I decided to cut it up and haul it to the scrap yard. Last load was the chassis which weighed 2700 lbs. Guy drives up, hovers his gently caress off huge magnet over it and turns it on. Nothing for a few seconds, then it starts to vibrate and DOINK, it popped off the back of the truck like it was weightless. Pretty cool.

E: I guess he did that all while I stood literally 5 ft away so I guess OSHA.

It was pretty cool to watch them demo the building next door to my work with one of these things.

https://i.imgur.com/ZzhFBZ0.mp4

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Guyver posted:

It's probably just an excavator with a hydraulic cutting arm

Like this.

She’s beautiful!

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

One of those times where "gently caress this and gently caress you, I quit" is totally understandable.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
E: https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1183055791978352640?s=19

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hotel under construction partially collapsed.

This is like 3 blocks from my work. Heard a bunch of sirens this morning. :stare:

Potentially :nms: video of the collapse

https://youtu.be/C5_UtZWK1aw

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 12, 2019

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/GlobalNewsTH/status/1183059051342491648

gently caress

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

quote:

"It sounded like a -- I don't know how to describe it -- like a building coming down," said Matt Worges, who saw the collapse from the nearby Tidewater Building.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

gently caress

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Well it's New Orleans, you have to get ghosts in your hotel somehow.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
That dude is probably very dead.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
I beg to differ. He knew exactly how to describe it.

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Cojawfee posted:

Well it's New Orleans, you have to get ghosts in your hotel somehow.

:holymoley:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Page 414.
https://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a410/AS10_CM.PDF

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Obviously nothing could be better than an air frame parachute, right? WRONG

Install one in every plane, that say. :colbert:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Id trust a parachute over that thing.

One of the common jokes in aviation is that they have a 100% success rate because they've never had an aircraft get stuck up there but if anyone could do it it's gonna be pilot in a Russian helicopter.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

What function does the magpie(?) play?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

He likes thicc women and is just really confused right now

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Nenonen posted:

Spotter obviously, drat dude, never been to safety training I take it?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nenonen posted:

Inspector who studied bird law

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Welp, apparently the tree trimming company my sister works for is having her take the OSHA standards exam for a couple employees who don't speak english. I now understand why a good half of the pictures and videos in this thread are tree morons.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

mds2 posted:

My brother in law was an engineer at Nasa. You literally back your rear end up, using a camera, to a vacuum hole to poop in/pee in for the ladies. For dudes they custom make you a sleeve that fits around your dong to piss in .

I forget who said it. It's in a book that I have somewhere. I believe it was an Apollo astronaut that wrote his own instructions for using the Apollo bags.

"Get naked. Allow an hour."

To me it sounds like John Young but I don't remember who said it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

null_pointer posted:

Welp, apparently the tree trimming company my sister works for is having her take the OSHA standards exam for a couple employees who don't speak english. I now understand why a good half of the pictures and videos in this thread are tree morons.

She's going to pretend to be them and take the exam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

She's going to pretend to be them and take the exam?

Yup. :pseudo: