Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Is there some reason to believe this is real?

Talia Lavin writes for things that aren’t Breitbart or Quillette?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Is Wohl’s goal to get a politician to sue for defamation and then get access to their files through discovery? I don’t really know how that would work.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
At this point I think he just realizes how bad he hosed up trying this on Mueller so he's going that if he does them again and again in increasingly stupider ways it'll go from "trying and failing to convincingly frame a prosecutor and former head of the FBI" to "that loving idiot's at it again." Like he thinks it won't be criminal if people couldn't reasonably take it seriously.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

By 'no plastic' I think they mean single use plastics like grocery bags and straws and stuff like that.

Also being proud of chronic lead exposure explains a LOT.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Aesop Poprock posted:

I’m not one of those people who buys that it’s all a performance act but I honestly can’t tell what their game is here. Even the Trump loving conspiracy theorists who are all over literally anything that supports their world view don’t care about or believe these guys. Their entire media coverage is just left wingers making fun of them, they get no play whatsoever from the right. Are they making money from this somehow? I don’t ever see anyone supporting them even as a troll

I'm guessing the lawyer working with him is pushing a lot of it because of the $$$ he can make from that idiot. Pretty sure Wohl's bran is just a loop of I NEED ATTENTION PAY ATTENTION TO ME.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jurgan posted:

Is there some reason to believe this is real?

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1182764162256179201

Rudy talks to (female) reporters on text all the time. It seems bonkers that a guy who was the mayor of NYC and generally thought of to be a serious person five years ago is constantly incriminating himself on television and in newspapers but the rumor on Rudy is that he's a huge alcoholic so he's probably drunk pretty much 24/7 these days

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Rudy talks to (female) reporters on text all the time. It seems bonkers that a guy who was the mayor of NYC and generally thought of to be a serious person five years ago is constantly incriminating himself on television and in newspapers but the rumor on Rudy is that he's a huge alcoholic so he's probably drunk pretty much 24/7 these days

Anyone with a connection to Trump is essentially a “functioning” alcoholic these days cause it’s the only way to survive making a total rear end of yourself constantly on television trying to defend him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUfkFZpQOUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTx60uUClFM

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Anyone ... is essentially a “functioning” alcoholic these days cause it’s the only way to survive

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Anyone have their contact info?

As someone who was payed by Bernie to recruit "thugs" to intimidate his political opponents, I want the country to hear my story.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Data Graham posted:

Also it's "funny" how they go on about how the fact that you could brain yourself on your toys or give yourself debilitating diseases from eating the paint off your crib means that because THEY survived without apparent ill effects, it means those hazards "toughened them up". Really it just means they were the lucky ones, and we don't talk about their friend Frankie who got a lawn dart through the head or Suzy who got cancer at 16

It reminds me of when dumb old shits talk about how being physically disciplined had "no effect" on them. "Look at me I turned out fine!" And it's just like "No, you really didn't. You flip your poo poo at almost everything and have an incredibly short fuse."

My boss surprised me with her stance on this. She's only 39 and always talks about how her mom "wouldn't have put up with that, she'd set my rear end straight!" and then without fail pairs it with "and I turned out fine so there!" This woman bitches literally every day at work about mostly the same things/people and has the worst temper/attitude of anyone I've met. She's a two-faced bully who just made a girl quit because she couldn't handle dealing with her every day.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trying to imagine what the equivalent to this would have been like when I was growing up. I'm having real trouble.

It wouldn't be like, say, parents dressing their kid up as Bigfoot or a gray alien, because those are well known legends, perfectly fine ideas for Halloween costumes. It wouldn't be like dressing him as Hitler or, like, Charles Manson or Lee Harvey Oswald or something, because that's an obvious WTF taboo.

What kind of analog was there to today's bullshit even.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Data Graham posted:

Trying to imagine what the equivalent to this would have been like when I was growing up. I'm having real trouble.

It wouldn't be like, say, parents dressing their kid up as Bigfoot or a gray alien, because those are well known legends, perfectly fine ideas for Halloween costumes. It wouldn't be like dressing him as Hitler or, like, Charles Manson or Lee Harvey Oswald or something, because that's an obvious WTF taboo.

What kind of analog was there to today's bullshit even.

there isn't one, give in to the chaos old timer

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

"As a testament to my unending patriotism, I have smeared this child's face in poo poo."

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Old Boot posted:

"As a testament to my unending patriotism, I have smeared this child's face in poo poo."

If you want a vision of the future,

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
My dear american friends,

it seems your country is pretty wack

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As scary costumes go, it's obviously working

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

zoux posted:

Okay, I’d never heard of this reporter and didn’t know if she was credible. This is the sort of text chain that people fake all the time, but Rudy is very dumb and loves media attention.

Baron von Eevl posted:

At this point I think he just realizes how bad he hosed up trying this on Mueller so he's going that if he does them again and again in increasingly stupider ways it'll go from "trying and failing to convincingly frame a prosecutor and former head of the FBI" to "that loving idiot's at it again." Like he thinks it won't be criminal if people couldn't reasonably take it seriously.

That is one of the defenses for Trump soliciting illegal information from China, so we shouldn’t be surprised.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Byzantine posted:

If you want a vision of the future,

imagine a boot waffle stamping a turd on a child's face— forever.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hey I stopped drinking myself to death last December thank you, now I’m addicted to lexapro

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uhhh

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Why are women asking this dude for tampons? Or is he just announcing it to whoever is around him?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

grittyreboot posted:

Why are women asking this dude for tampons? Or is he just announcing it to whoever is around him?

Clearly he's stalking multiple women in his office, to the point he's made a chart of their menstrual cycle.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Clearly he's stalking multiple women in his office, to the point he's made a chart of their menstrual cycle.

They sync up anyways

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

That's nothing! My boyfriend always carries tampons, pads, nappies, first aid kit, AED and wheelchair (incase a disabled person forgets theirs)

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Ratjaculation posted:

That's nothing! My boyfriend always carries tampons, pads, nappies, first aid kit, AED and wheelchair (incase a disabled person forgets theirs)

Keeping an AED in the car would actually be a super cool move and statistically way more likely to save a life than a gun, but I bet more people have guns in their cars than AEDs

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
Having an AED in general is a good idea and I hope they become cheaper because I've been meaning to get one.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

If you're carrying them around places and just handing them out to random women you're a creep, but if you're selling them at 1.5x the retail price you're entrepreneurial

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Carados posted:

Having an AED in general is a good idea and I hope they become cheaper because I've been meaning to get one.

Agreed, but since people think my little emergency kit in my work bag goes overboard because it has a quick-clot sponge in it, I can only assume that keeping an AED around would cause most people to label you as a complete doomsday prepper.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

christmas boots posted:

If you're carrying them around places and just handing them out to random women you're a creep, but if you're selling them at 1.5x the retail price you're entrepreneurial

I usually just hang around bathrooms with toilet paper and hand it out while telling people to have a nice time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Carados posted:

My boss came out of the office a couple weeks ago and went "how are you the only person certified to use the AED on site?"

To which the reply was "it doesn't really matter they took ours to a different location and we never got a new one"

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/YAAS_America/status/1183016459074752513

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I was curious whether sticking AED's everywhere actually made a difference and apparently they do (from Wikipedia):

In a study analyzing the effects of having AEDs immediately present during Chicago's Heart Start program over a two-year period, of 22 individuals, 18 were in a cardiac arrhythmia which AEDs can treat. Of these 18, 11 survived. Of these 11 patients, 6 were treated by bystanders with absolutely no previous training in AED use.

So not a bad success rate.They also note that a trained professional can operate an AED within 60 seconds whereas a 6th grader takes 90 seconds.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Krispy Wafer posted:

I was curious whether sticking AED's everywhere actually made a difference and apparently they do (from Wikipedia):

In a study analyzing the effects of having AEDs immediately present during Chicago's Heart Start program over a two-year period, of 22 individuals, 18 were in a cardiac arrhythmia which AEDs can treat. Of these 18, 11 survived. Of these 11 patients, 6 were treated by bystanders with absolutely no previous training in AED use.

So not a bad success rate.They also note that a trained professional can operate an AED within 60 seconds whereas a 6th grader takes 90 seconds.

That’s actually a great success rate, considering the typical survival rate for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest is 8 percent.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Yeah, applying an AED early is a huge factor determining whether someone manages to survive cardiac arrest. Heart attacks aren’t super common but it can make all the difference when they happen

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Kit Walker posted:

Yeah, applying an AED early is a huge factor determining whether someone manages to survive cardiac arrest. Heart attacks aren’t super common but it can make all the difference when they happen

Cardiac arrest and heart attacks are two completely different things. It doesn’t hurt to put an AED on someone having a heart attack in case they go into cardiac arrest, though.

Heart attacks are when a blockage means the heart muscle isn’t getting adequate blood flow. Cardiac arrest is when the heart’s not beating. It can be moving, but ineffectively (AED’s can help with that!) or it can have no electrical activity at all (AED’s can’t help with that, and to be honest the drugs that get administered during a code are badly studied and might not do much either). Cardiac arrest can happen all at once (Sudden Cardiac Arrest, usually due to some kind of heart defect), because of issues with the heart’s peacemaking, due to health issues (everybody dies of something after all), etc. Heart attacks can lead to cardiac arrest, but, two different things. Don’t give CPR to someone who’s just having chest pain. I’ve seen someone do that and it was stupid.

I’m 0-9 in terms of saves on cardiac arrests without immediate CPR and AED use. Never seen anyone who actually dropped and got proper care right away.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Push El Burrito posted:

I usually just hang around bathrooms with toilet paper and hand it out while telling people to have a nice time.

If you want to take it to the next level, next time hold out your hand as though you're expecting a tip.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Legal filings count as social media, right?

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1183080975103909889?s=19

I mean, I'm not likely to stay in any hotels in the next couple months so its not like it affects any of my decisions, but even though I'm paying attention to the impeachment stuff, I wouldn't know about this boycott at all if they hadn't gotten super mad about it.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Len posted:

My boss came out of the office a couple weeks ago and went "how are you the only person certified to use the AED on site?"

To which the reply was "it doesn't really matter they took ours to a different location and we never got a new one"

Tweakers stole the AED from one of our locations. Just walked out with it. No one noticed until safety check the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

If I could afford an AED for my car, I'd have one. On my person I always have a minimum of a TQ- normally more. I nearly always have my messenger bag, which has more in it- a small trauma kit, extra TQ, candy, sewing kit, zip ties, Narcan, and other assorted everyday emergency needs. It seems like over kill, but I would rather have to means to help, than to not.
I should note I'm also trained in everything I know how to use, not just sime random dickhead who watched YouTube.