Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Turns out Jared Padelecki isn't going too far when Supernatural ends as his Walker, Texas Ranger reboot will air on the CW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That sounds terrible.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Paul Giamatti is tweeting in character L. Marvin Metz to start drumming up support to keep Lodge 49 on the air. I am kind of amazing we don't have a thread for it. It's one of the best shows on TV.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Lodge49/comments/dghjk0/no_seriously_this_really_is_lamar_marvin_metz/

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

muscles like this! posted:

Turns out Jared Padelecki isn't going too far when Supernatural ends as his Walker, Texas Ranger reboot will air on the CW.

I would have been completely shocked if it hadn't. I'll check it out whenever it actually airs but I'm not too sure he'll be able to carry a show by himself. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They have got to get Haley Joel Osment back for that show

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Just finished Dark S2. It ain't no 12 Monkeys but it is fun. That finale :tviv:

I think they've already started filming S3 so hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zoux posted:

That sounds terrible.

I’m all in dude.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i just called to say i love you, couch chat <3

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

tk posted:

Stop masturbating to WWII. Make something about the actual Nazis currently running our country you loving has beens.

Nazis are running our country because morons who think consuming and discussing media is an acceptable substitute for political action spent all of 2016 posting online about a Ghostbusters reboot nobody remembered or cared about a week after it premiered instead of actually paying attention to and participating in the world around them. Hopefully you'll realize this by the time 2020 rolls around and act accordingly instead of being a wokescold about how problematic it is that the US airforce in WWII didn't have enough women and minorities in it while Trump gets re-elected.

Misha Collins is the only member of the main cast of Supernatural who I'm really interested in seeing what they do post-Supernatural because he's been a weird social media guy for years and just generally funny and offbeat and Castiel got to do more stuff character and acting wise than either of the brothers.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Huh, this week's episode of Evil was written by Rockne S. O'Bannon. So that's neat?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Evil is... good. It's from the creators of Brain Dead and Good Wife. They did Good Fight too but nobody watches that except 3 people including me.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Mu Zeta posted:

I think Evil is... good. It's from the creators of Brain Dead and Good Wife. They did Good Fight too but nobody watches that except 3 people including me.

Me and my mom are the other 2.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sleeveless posted:

Nazis are running our country because morons who think consuming and discussing media is an acceptable substitute for political action spent all of 2016 posting online about a Ghostbusters reboot nobody remembered or cared about a week after it premiered instead of actually paying attention to and participating in the world around them. Hopefully you'll realize this by the time 2020 rolls around and act accordingly instead of being a wokescold about how problematic it is that the US airforce in WWII didn't have enough women and minorities in it while Trump gets re-elected.

:cripes:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Evil is so unbelievably dumb about technology that it hurts my brain and makes me hesitate to call it good.

There have now been two completely different, equally incorrect, explainations of what a deepfake is. There have only been three episodes.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 12, 2019

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

I don't understand how it's not Jennsen Ackles getting that role between the two of them. Sam can't carry an episode but Dean does all the drat time.

I'm like 6 seasons behind on Supernatural but I stand by this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I think Evil is... good.

Joker (2019)

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Yeah it hasn't changed. They have insanely good chemistry but Jensen Ackles is just leagues ahead of Padalecki in terms of acting ability. And I say this as more of a Sam fan too. Hell he's even putting out an album in the next couple of months. I'd rather see Ackles in something a little more high brow than a Walker, Texas Ranger reboot anyhow.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ackles is going to end up like Roxanne Dawson, Robert Duncan McNeill, Amanda Tapping and Jonathan Frakes: genre actors who are competent, if workmanlike, directors of hundreds of episodes of 3 star television. You know which is great.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I don't understand how it's not Jennsen Ackles getting that role between the two of them. Sam can't carry an episode but Dean does all the drat time.

You say this like it is the role of the lifetime that Ackles is missing out on, and not the barely lateral move at best that it is. Worse for Ackles because he would be constantly compared to Chuck Noris in the role, where at least Padalecki has such a size difference that he might be able to take ownership of the character, if the show lasts long enough.

If anything I think that this casting tells us that one of the two brothers is content with doing more of the same, and the other actually wants to try something different.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ackles was offered Hawkeye so hopefully he gets a fun Marvel role.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

synthwave is good, actually, and Moonbeam City bombed because the advertising for it made it look like complete poo poo despite being an OK show

I actually liked Moonbeam city and not just the aesthetics. Another cartoon dead before its time and simpsons keeps on trucking

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GreenNight posted:

Ackles was offered Hawkeye so hopefully he gets a fun Marvel role.

God that would have been way better than Renner. He’s gotten better but for the first few outings he was in he was just... there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

What's wrong with you

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man Sunnyside has improved a lot even just over the three episodes it’s aired

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have decided that the basic misunderstanding of how technology works in Evil is 100% completely intentional and that Aasif Mandvi's character is actually a demon sent to mess with/hinder Luke Cage.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I love Aasif Mandvi so I might have to take a look at this show.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

I love Aasif Mandvi so I might have to take a look at this show.

Everyone is really good in it (Katja Herbers in particular is fantastic) but the real superstar is Michael Emerson being incredibly hammy, over-the-top, evil.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

I actually liked Moonbeam city and not just the aesthetics. Another cartoon dead before its time and simpsons keeps on trucking

One of my favorite bits from that show was from the episode where Rad is pretending to be rich and claims that his classic blues records were stolen and the other rich guys he's trying to impress ask him which albums. Which leads to Rad just making up more and more elaborate fake blues names.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I know this makes me an awful person and I feel the shame oozing out of my pores, but I just have to admit it.

While the first season was a goddamn train wreck full of terrible, broken people and bad lessons, I genuinely like the second season of Insatible for leaning even further into the same direction. That's just such a great note to end on.

I probably wouldn't have given that show a chance if some goon hadn't made a thread back then.

Also, it's nice that Vincent Rodriguez III (Josh Chan) gets more work.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 12, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

What's wrong with you
Same thing that was wrong with him on his other accounts

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same thing that was wrong with him on his other accounts

Oh dang who was he

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guy Mann I believe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Arist posted:

Guy Mann I believe.

Ewwwwwww

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that also Mr President and American Dracula?

That guy was the pitts.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cant cook creole bream posted:

I know this makes me an awful person and I feel the shame oozing out of my pores, but I just have to admit it.

While the first season was a goddamn train wreck full of terrible, broken people and bad lessons, I genuinely like the second season of Insatible for leaning even further into the same direction. That's just such a great note to end on.

I probably wouldn't have given that show a chance if some goon hadn't made a thread back then.

Also, it's nice that Vincent Rodriguez III (Josh Chan) gets more work.

oh poo poo, season 2 dropped? gently caress yeah. I'll make another thread if there isn't one already. Or dig up the S1 thread since not many of us watched it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

esperterra posted:

oh poo poo, season 2 dropped? gently caress yeah. I'll make another thread if there isn't one already.

I can assure you, that there isn't one, so post away, or find your old one.

Honestly, the more I think about it the more I liked the show, overall. When it first came out there were some stupid controversies about it, and I can certainly see how those would sour the experience, but it's such ridiculous satire, that I can't really feel offended by anything in there. And in season two actually there actually was quite a bit of personal growth. But that's my personal opinion, I guess.

The dark humor kinda reminds me of Santa Clarita Diet.
I would genuinely recommend it to you guys. I guess I would not admit watching it to my friends, though.

I guess it's a lot about how you represent it:
A show about a fat girl, who randomly lost 40 pounds over a summer and became super hot and skinny. Now she goes to beauty pagents and dates hot guys. Also there are wacky gay people around.
vs
A show about a girl with psychological issues, which manifest in an unhealthy relationship with food, is pushed into a cut-throat world of denominating, superficial contests, where the rush for dopamine pushes her to aim for the top. All this happens, while she continues to doubt, wether she's capable of being a good person, or if the mental rot is her essential core, which can not be overcome. During this, her mentor figure tries to come to terms with the things he truly desires.

While the first version is technically correct, it certainly doesn't show the whole picture.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 12, 2019

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I thought S1 was amazing, looking forward to S2. I should be getting my surgery soon and lmao will likely be using a lot of the recovery to catch up on poo poo finally.

The way S1 ended was just perfect. Can't wait to see how S2 handles it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Arist posted:

Guy Mann I believe.

ohhhh

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

esperterra posted:

I thought S1 was amazing, looking forward to S2. I should be getting my surgery soon and lmao will likely be using a lot of the recovery to catch up on poo poo finally.

The way S1 ended was just perfect. Can't wait to see how S2 handles it.

I don't know what surgery that is, but I wish you the best for it. Also a speedy recovery, in the sense that you can enjoy your stuff, without being in pain.

keep me and the 1-2 other people, who care for this show, updated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"Anyway, which is better: alt-right or antifa? I'm trying to decide which team to join."

What We Do In The Shadows is so good