Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Penzey's is the poo poo and I am lucky to live within walking distance of one both where I live now and where I moved from. They always give you free stuff too. It's worth the trip and way better quality than grocery store spices for similar cost.

e drat autocorrect

my bony fealty fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Zophar posted:

You could make the case that lotteries are inherently immoral because they largely operate as massively regressive taxes on the poor.

The better method would be to make lottery participation mandatory among the highest earners, and instead of winning a billion dollars when your number's drawn you lose it.

Didn’t Sliders do that, but you were eventually killed if you won the lottery?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also Ted is mainly 'standing up for HK' because they're waving American and Trump flags and saying chinese """""communism""""" is bad, and he can use it as a way to insult those uppity blacks...I mean the NBA in Houston. call me when any of these cowards support the Haitian revolt against a US/French puppet regime

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Didn’t Sliders do that, but you were eventually killed if you won the lottery?

If you won you got free poo poo and were treated like royalty for a week, and then they executed you.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Ague Proof posted:

The reason Cruz supports it is not the reason you or I support it. It's just because he's racist and sees China as an economic threat.

Oh I'm aware, I've lived in Texas for 15 years. His reasoning may be rear end backwards but that doesn't change the optics of Ted "huge piece of garbage rear end in a top hat" Cruz publically supporting Hong Kong as Blizzard and Apple bend the knee. It's gross.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

my bony fealty posted:

Penney's is the poo poo and I am lucky to live within walking distance of one both where I live now and where I moved from. They always give you free stuff too. It's worth the trip and way better quality than grocery store spices for similar cost.

not to go all anti-chick filet but I just bought a bunch of stuff from them (double strength vanilla sounds awesome).

Why not give politically active businesses in swing states some business?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kitten smoothie posted:

If you won you got free poo poo and were treated like royalty for a week, and then they executed you.

A fair plan.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ague Proof posted:

The reason Cruz supports it is not the reason you or I support it. It's just because he's racist and sees China as an economic threat.

Bingo. Republicans are using HK as a pawn here.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
The Trump Presidential Library is going to be a bunch of cell phones encased in glass displaying random tweets, one or two hand autographed bibles, several U.S. flags, maybe a gun, a yellow ribbon somewhere tied to something and probably a hologram of Donald with 30 pounds removed delivering a speech to 250,000 people on the DC mall.

TV's will be running FOX news on the walls and books by Hannity and O'Reilly will be for sale in an adjacent gift shop along with MAGA hats, mugs and some of those weird presidential coins. It'll basically look like a Florida reptile farm only with fewer books.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

sexpig by night posted:

also Ted is mainly 'standing up for HK' because they're waving American and Trump flags and saying chinese """""communism""""" is bad, and he can use it as a way to insult those uppity blacks...I mean the NBA in Houston. call me when any of these cowards support the Haitian revolt against a US/French puppet regime

If only Ted's wife had held a US flag, he might have stood up for her.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

RandomBlue posted:

You almost had it, but I fixed it.

e: Law enforcement exists almost solely to serve and protect money.

Yeah, this.

The original function of the police was threefold: To protect the wealthy, to protect capital and to keep their boot heel on the poor who would threaten the wealthy and their capital.

The police have taken on other roles since then, but this is still their primary function and all other secondary functions are subordinated to these three primary functions.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

The building inspector who approved this was placed under FBI investigation last month for taking bribes for building permits.

The son of this building's developer spent years in prison for embezzling money from Hurricane Katrina rebuilding funds.

A construction union was protesting outside the building last month, saying that some of the contractors were not licensed.

I hope the people responsible face justice, because this tragedy has corruption written all over it.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Zophar posted:

You could make the case that lotteries are inherently immoral because they largely operate as massively regressive taxes on the poor.

The better method would be to make lottery participation mandatory among the highest earners, and instead of winning a billion dollars when your number's drawn you lose it.

This is a good chance to remind everyone that saver's lotteries are cool, good, and uniformly opposed by state lottery commissions

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/AaronMesh/status/1183117512201752576

ShuckyDucky
Jun 19, 2008

Quack Quack
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183124563258941442

Awwww yeah, bigger tractors for everybody!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did I just see a person die in this clip or did they just make it?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

In a previous life I was a chef.

Penzeys cajun spice on a thin slice of chicken that is pan seared with bacon and swiss on a flatbread with tomato lettuce and mayo. Its a great sandwich.

I still can't believe that Trump throws a grenade into the middle east and then goes golfing. The worse part is he thinks he has made the right choice. At what point do Trump supporters that are in, or have been in, the military realize that this guy does not know what he is doing? I'm really worried that we have normalized this behavior and trump supporters are more than willing to vote for the next charlatan that comes along that strokes their bigotry. I don't think the centrist Democrats are strong enough to stand up to this kind of malfeasance or even that they want to because some of their wrong doing might come out.

We need to look for fighters again that will stand up for us.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BiggerBoat posted:

The Trump Presidential Library is going to be a bunch of cell phones encased in glass displaying random tweets, one or two hand autographed bibles, several U.S. flags, maybe a gun, a yellow ribbon somewhere tied to something and probably a hologram of Donald with 30 pounds removed delivering a speech to 250,000 people on the DC mall.

TV's will be running FOX news on the walls and books by Hannity and O'Reilly will be for sale in an adjacent gift shop along with MAGA hats, mugs and some of those weird presidential coins. It'll basically look like a Florida reptile farm only with fewer books.
Also some lovingly framed political cartoons by the guy who draws him like some kind of Greek god

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Hit and run?

With bullet holes in the vehicle?

That is all a weird rear end way to report this

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

my bony fealty posted:

Penzey's is the poo poo and I am lucky to live within walking distance of one both where I live now and where I moved from. They always give you free stuff too. It's worth the trip and way better quality than grocery store spices for similar cost.

e drat autocorrect

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that part, they always include full size free samples with online orders! And they almost always have a coupon code for free spices too.

We used to have one in downtown ish Seattle but their rent was going to be raised 3x so they moved an hour drive away, so I'm back to ordering online.

In short, support an anti-bigotry company that also has great quality products.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

My wife has gotten Penzey's for a few years now. They're always pushing for people to vote, the last shipment she got had bumper stickers that say "I Will Vote 11.3.20", and their newsletters are liberal as hell.

She also says that "Foxpoint is the best seasoning ever".

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

There’s a video floating around SDF twitter with this woman, who was pulled out of her car and stoned to death by Turkish quote “rebels” unquote before being beheaded

how’s everyone on this Saturday, good and loving drunk I hope

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

ManBoyChef posted:

I still can't believe that Trump throws a grenade into the middle east and then goes golfing. The worse part is he thinks he has made the right choice. At what point do Trump supporters that are in, or have been in, the military realize that this guy does not know what he is doing? I'm really worried that we have normalized this behavior and trump supporters are more than willing to vote for the next charlatan that comes along that strokes their bigotry. I don't think the centrist Democrats are strong enough to stand up to this kind of malfeasance or even that they want to because some of their wrong doing might come out.

We need to look for fighters again that will stand up for us.

Trumps base will not back down from supporting him unless something directly affects them, and that’s probably only if he directly says he did it. The Kurd thing is in another part of the world, they won’t feel it. Making shady deals with world leaders? No affecting them at all.

Trump would have to go on TV and say “I am raising taxes on everyone to 80%” before his supporters would be concerned.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

Party Plane Jones posted:

There’s a video floating around SDF twitter with this woman, who was pulled out of her car and stoned to death by Turkish quote “rebels” unquote before being beheaded

If my liver/pancreas/kidneys make it through this presidency it will be a loving miracle.

If anyone in western new england wants some dope kimchi or buffalo pickled eggs im glad to provide some solid fuel for this poo poo.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Chamale posted:

The building inspector who approved this was placed under FBI investigation last month for taking bribes for building permits.

The son of this building's developer spent years in prison for embezzling money from Hurricane Katrina rebuilding funds.

A construction union was protesting outside the building last month, saying that some of the contractors were not licensed.

I hope the people responsible face justice, because this tragedy has corruption written all over it.

This reminds me of how former IL governor George Ryan got taken down by the feds. Six children died in a fiery car crash when their van was struck by a truck. Turned out the truck driver wasn't actually qualified, and Ryan was handing out contracts and licenses all over the place in exchange for bribes.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What? No for real what does this mean?

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008

I'm fortunate I'm a teetotaler and weed is legal in my state, because honestly if I couldn't smoke on the reg I would have probably gotten piss drunk for the first time in my life months ago.

This is hell, and the only thing I can keep doing is fighting for what's right and keeping that anger focused on productive things, else I fall into a black rage. Been mad all week, and smoked a gram Tuesday evening knowing what was coming.

The US president just enabled genocide, openly. Because of a couple of loving towers.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

rargphlam posted:

The US president just enabled genocide, openly. Because of a couple of loving towers.

I wonder how many times we'll get to say that this century.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

gently caress me.

God drat it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/yenisafak/status/1183028907693477888?s=20
“```Hevin Halef, Secretary General of the Future Party of Syria, one of the political extensions of the terrorist organization PYD in Syria, was neutralized by a successful operation.```”

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

BiggerBoat posted:

I can't watch these Trump rally clips for longer than 5 seconds. It's like the AUG thread when someone posts a nerdlinger youtube clip or something. I can't stand to listen to or look at Trump at all.

He's in that realm of "people I can't stand to even hear speak" that's occupied by people like Sean Hannity, Nancy Grace, Ben Shapiro and Pat Robertson. Even reading transcripts from Trump rallies hurts my brain and lately I've just been scrolling his twitter posts in this thread.

I've been teetering on the edge of this for a good while but "my unmatched wisdom" was the tipping point. And to think, the State of the Union speech is approaching. My god.
Transcripts and reports of the appalling poo poo he says are bad enough, but for me (a non-American who doesn't own a TV, so thankfully it's not being shoved at me 24/7) it's his loving voice. How anyone could listen to this whiny, nasal, arrogant prick and think "hmm, yes, this is the voice of a strong leader!" is beyond me. If he's not mocking someone, he's whingeing about how terribly he's treated as the most powerful man in the world and why don't all those bastards bow down and recognise his greatness?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

“```Hevin Halef, Secretary General of the Future Party of Syria, one of the political extensions of the terrorist organization PYD in Syria, was neutralized by a successful operation.```”

holy poo poo, between this and "demographic correction"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Turkey was deliberately targeting Kurdish leaders in their own country even before this happened

Now they can take out the rest

benitocereno
Apr 14, 2005

Doctor Rope

IUG posted:

My wife has gotten Penzey's for a few years now. They're always pushing for people to vote, the last shipment she got had bumper stickers that say "I Will Vote 11.3.20", and their newsletters are liberal as hell.

She also says that "Foxpoint is the best seasoning ever".

Foxpoint is pretty drat good. All their stuff is really. It made me happy to see the news since I've been ordering from them for the last year - their stuff is great and glad to see them representing something good.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

loving Christ. Yeah I am tempted to grab a bottle

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

The Super-Id posted:

I hope it’s wallpapered with pictures of bored rally attendees and has an exhibit that’s just a pile of the discarded fast food containers from the dinners he hosted.

I really like the idea of feeding all of his speeches into a database and then have a constantly running auto generating trump rally forever in the Trump "library"

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ascii genitals posted:

I really like the idea of feeding all of his speeches into a database and then have a constantly running auto generating trump rally forever in the Trump "library"

Why bother when you could just play actual recordings of rallies and it wouldn't be any different

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

https://twitter.com/OK_Dumbass/status/1182858497622528000?s=19

A Good Tweet

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

sexpig by night posted:

I genuinely can't wait to see his library

I imagine after he refuses to leave the white house January 2021, he'll be moved to his presidential library in his sleep. It will consist of a three rooms guests can observe and interact with; a complete reconstruction of the oval office, a replica of a sports stadium, and a golf course. He'll have a pretty packed schedule; signing blank papers with faux letterhead in the morning (available in the gift shop), holding rallies in the afternoon before a simulated audience, and playing golf in the evening.

Volunteers play the roles of Ivanka, Eric, and Don Jr. during feeding times. There's an interactive game, kind of like the Reagan presidential library's Grenada event simulator; guests score points by choosing the dumbest option possible. Press the red button to send Donald a coke, he likes that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

If Trump gets presidential libraries the US won't have sufficiently responded to the crisis you are currently in.