Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

We train our boys to be real estate machines, then criticize them when they rape their wife after a hair plug procedure goes wrong! HOW IS THIS JUSTICE? SAD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

MRC48B posted:

Everyone involved in the dumpster fire that was 2016 should go away forever.

Everyone

It's why I post the shut up video every time Hillary tweets are posted. She lost, she's a nobody now who should go away. I just feel anger when she comes in with these smug "dunks" on Donnie when she's to blame for this as well.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Dumb counterpoint for bad people: That method did, ultimately, work for Trump.

:negative:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Internet Wizard posted:

He really does love people that document and brag about their war crimes

His entire frame of reference for military operations is 80s action movies.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

BigDave posted:

His entire frame of reference for military operations is 80s action movies.

Except that Dutch's team in Predator displays more professionalism than that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Nobody gives a poo poo because the extended scale doesn't exist anymore

ok

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

SimonCat posted:

Except that Dutch's team in Predator displays more professionalism than that.

hey, guess what: his men are assassins, not a rescue team

this is my single issue as a voter

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

we have made a lot of progress as a nation since the 80s. today, it's no longer taboo to point out that the alien from Predator is not a predator, and that the predator of the title is Dutch (Schwarzenegger). but we will not truly live in a just society until we accept together that Dillon (Weathers) did wake up, and he only did what he had to do to get the job done.

e: credit actors

Doc Hawkins fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 12, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD-PbF3ywGo

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/brett_mcgurk/status/1183112864908894208?s=21

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

we have made a lot of progress as a nation since the 80s. today, it's no longer taboo to point out that the alien from Predator is not a predator, and that the predator of the title is Dutch (Schwarzenegger). but we will not truly live in a just society until we accept together that Dillon (Weathers) did wake up, and he only did what he had to do to get the job done.

e: credit actors

They were both predators, the alien's culture revolved around hunting the universe's most dangerous predators for sport. This is not difficult nor ever taboo, it's literally the main theme of the movie, jfc.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Jarmak posted:

They were both predators, the alien's culture revolved around hunting the universe's most dangerous predators for sport. This is not difficult nor ever taboo, it's literally the main theme of the movie, jfc.

Pretty sure it was a joke.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Gentlemen! There's no joking on the comedy website!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Forgot to log back into the SMG account

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1182851865203105792?s=09
But watch out for that evil Sharia law!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Danny Glover did nothing wrong

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

"What is it that can fill the spiritual void in the heart of the individual person?"

"this is not decay. This is organized destruction."

"Secularists and their allies have marshalled all the forces.."

"An unremitting assault on religion and traditional values"

The Attorney General of the United States just declared war on everyone THE FORCES OF SATAN.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Forgot to log back into the SMG account

my god, i wish

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Secularists...like the founding fathers, then?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
They don't give a poo poo about the founding fathers unless it suits them :ssh:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Nobody should give a poo poo about the founding fathers. Once you're dead, your opinion doesn't matter.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Jarmak posted:

Predator is an allegory for the Vietnam war. A group of American minorities and immigrants are drafted into a war on false pretenses, their overwhelming firepower is impotent against a foe that uses concealment and hit and run tactics to wear them down, and the conflict ends with the last survivors leaving a ruined jungle via helicopter, physically and emotionally shattered by the war.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Bad Poster posted:

Nobody should give a poo poo about the founding fathers. Once you're dead, your opinion doesn't matter.

but The fRAMeRs!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

SimonCat posted:

Predator is an allegory for the Vietnam war. A group of American minorities and immigrants are drafted into a war on false pretenses, their overwhelming firepower is impotent against a foe that uses concealment and hit and run tactics to wear them down, and the conflict ends with the last survivors leaving a ruined jungle via helicopter, physically and emotionally shattered by the war.

The only difference being that we left Vietnam with a metaphorical mushroom cloud instead of a literal one.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

A Bad Poster posted:

The only difference being that we left Vietnam with a metaphorical mushroom cloud instead of a literal one.

I think the movie is implying we could have won if we nuked North Vietnam.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I would have figured that if we’re going to get a lovely reality TV star as President, the ideal Schwarzenegger film for our time would have been The Running Man. Hell, it’s even set in 2017.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

A Bad Poster posted:

Martin Luther King?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Victor Vermis posted:

"What is it that can fill the spiritual void in the heart of the individual person?"

"this is not decay. This is organized destruction."

"Secularists and their allies have marshalled all the forces.."

"An unremitting assault on religion and traditional values"

The Attorney General of the United States just declared war on everyone THE FORCES OF SATAN.

I love Barr bitching about secularists while he goes to bat for fraudsters, crooks, and Trump.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The dumbest thing Evangelicals believe isn't basing their lives around the idea that some guy got nailed to a tree 2,000 years ago. It's that Donnie believes in a higher power than himself.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Flipping like a loving pancake.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1183183804141395969

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Oh boy, more fun excuses this week I bet.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

bulletsponge13 posted:

Pretty sure it was a joke.

I can't loving tell anymore 😣

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Holy poo poo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yo

gently caress turkey

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

A Bad Poster posted:

I'll have you know that thanks to the library of congress my posting about star wars will live on for generations to come

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yo

gently caress turkey

I'm not usually one to suggest this about non-state actors but, the Kurds should be able to go shopping at Incirlik with no limit.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Martin Luther King?

What I mean is you can use historical figures and their views as something to base your opinions on, but not in the context of "this is what they intended/would have wanted."

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'll have you know that thanks to the library of congress my posting about star wars will live on for generations to come

With this notable exception. We need an in depth catalogue of every single person's opinions about Star Wars. A Library of Alexandria filled with arguments about the prequels, how Disney "ruined the series", and why the gently caress there isn't another Tie Fighter game.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

It's loving heartbreaking what is happening to the the Kurds. I'd hate to think what I would do in their position.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress turkey

They always seem to pick the same side. Genocide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

When my superintendent was stationed at Incirlik during the mid90s a major labor dispute with the Turks erupted. The main concession they wanted was to pass their positions onto their relatives when they died. DOD told them no, and the Turks started breaking poo poo. They were going around sabotaging air conditioners. The Air Force personnel stationed there got stuck eating MREs because the DFAC staff weren't showing up. Eventually they put together secret DFACs to keep the Turks from sabotaging them.