Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

christmas boots posted:

If you want to take it to the next level, next time hold out your hand as though you're expecting a tip.

Next level is taking the paper from all the stalls and charging for the stuff I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Narcan is just a nasal spray, right? I'd probably take a class and carry that of it weren't so expensive.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Grimdude posted:

It reminds me of when dumb old shits talk about how being physically disciplined had "no effect" on them. "Look at me I turned out fine!" And it's just like "No, you really didn't. You flip your poo poo at almost everything and have an incredibly short fuse."

My boss surprised me with her stance on this. She's only 39 and always talks about how her mom "wouldn't have put up with that, she'd set my rear end straight!" and then without fail pairs it with "and I turned out fine so there!" This woman bitches literally every day at work about mostly the same things/people and has the worst temper/attitude of anyone I've met. She's a two-faced bully who just made a girl quit because she couldn't handle dealing with her every day.

"You didn't turn out fine, you consider hitting literal small children to be acceptable"
There's a flow chart somewhere about physical discipline but I don't have it on me right now, I have it on the computer. It leads to "don't hit your child rear end in a top hat"

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Whenever you see someone post that stupid image of text about if you “grew up in the #0s” hold them to it by telling them and their family and kids/grandkids to stop wearing a seatbelt and that you are going to beat the poo poo out of their kids/grandkids for being a oval office and see what they say.

Hopefully they do stop wearing a seatbelt though.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I saw someone say gun control laws wont prevent gun violence just like laws against drinking and driving wont prevent drunk driving and I just couldn’t express myself with a big enough :thunk: nor :psyboom:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Push El Burrito posted:

Next level is taking the paper from all the stalls and charging for the stuff I have.

That's A+ work right there

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Untrustable posted:

Tweakers stole the AED from one of our locations. Just walked out with it. No one noticed until safety check the next day.

good

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Serperoth posted:

"You didn't turn out fine, you consider hitting literal small children to be acceptable"
There's a flow chart somewhere about physical discipline but I don't have it on me right now, I have it on the computer. It leads to "don't hit your child rear end in a top hat"

The flowchart is pretty much "does your kid understand why you are hitting it?" No? Well then hitting it wont help in any way. Yes? Well than you can explain that it did something wrong and that will help way more than hitting it.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I also carry tampons and pads- married and a daughter, yo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

bulletsponge13 posted:

But do you hand them out to strangers like a tampon fairy

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Shai-Hulud posted:

The flowchart is pretty much "does your kid understand why you are hitting it?" No? Well then hitting it wont help in any way. Yes? Well than you can explain that it did something wrong and that will help way more than hitting it.

Doesn't work. The boomer logic is that if doing X results in getting beat then naturally it leads to the child learning to avoid X, because children are merely small, hairless dogs that transform into Functional Humans on their 18th birthday.

In reality it leads, quite naturally, to the estranged parents forum.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

yeah the dumb thing about kid beating is that it just doesn’t work. behavioral scientists have known this since like the 90s

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Data Graham posted:

Also it's "funny" how they go on about how the fact that you could brain yourself on your toys or give yourself debilitating diseases from eating the paint off your crib means that because THEY survived without apparent ill effects, it means those hazards "toughened them up". Really it just means they were the lucky ones, and we don't talk about their friend Frankie who got a lawn dart through the head or Suzy who got cancer at 16
I don't know where this "children need to suffer to become strong" thing came from, because I've seen a ton of people who suffered as children and grew up to be right assholes, and plenty of folks who barely ever played outside except when forced and never broke a bone in t heir lives but came out to be really good people. What sort of "strong" do they think breaking your wrist falling off a bike makes you??
https://twitter.com/KingMe142/status/1183039768747077637

A very real story and not just one this dipshit tells his workers to keep them in line.
I always love stories like this because they break down at every possible level if you think about them for two goddamn seconds. How does this person think you "climb the ranks" in the first place? How do they think CEOs are chosen?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love the ones where people are like "yeah, my parents beat me but I deserved it, always stealing, sneaking out, doing drugs etc." Huh, you're parents beat the poo poo out of you and you kept misbehaving, it's almost as if corporal punishment isn't an effective method of behavior modification?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skwirl posted:

I love the ones where people are like "yeah, my parents beat me but I deserved it, always stealing, sneaking out, doing drugs etc." Huh, you're parents beat the poo poo out of you and you kept misbehaving, it's almost as if corporal punishment isn't an effective method of behavior modification?
Right, if that worked, wouldn't it have only happened the one time? Sounds more like you and your parents were constantly working against each other, at that point.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
huh you did bad things and got punished? why weren't you a good person from the start and just didnt do bad things to begin with?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I was hit when I was growing up and I turned out fine*

*I have an anger problem but it's probably not related

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a fatguy baldspot posted:

yeah the dumb thing about kid beating is that it just doesn’t work. behavioral scientists have known this since like the 90s

:thejoke: ?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Nastyman posted:

Doesn't work. The boomer logic is that if doing X results in getting beat then naturally it leads to the child learning to avoid X, because children are merely small, hairless dogs that transform into Functional Humans on their 18th birthday.

In reality it leads, quite naturally, to the estranged parents forum.

Hitting doesn't work for dogs either. It doesn't teach them to not do something, just avoid getting caught doing it.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

bulletsponge13 posted:

If I could afford an AED for my car, I'd have one. On my person I always have a minimum of a TQ- normally more. I nearly always have my messenger bag, which has more in it- a small trauma kit, extra TQ, candy, sewing kit, zip ties, Narcan, and other assorted everyday emergency needs. It seems like over kill, but I would rather have to means to help, than to not.
I should note I'm also trained in everything I know how to use, not just sime random dickhead who watched YouTube.

Cool

bulletsponge13 posted:

Cool

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I carry mana potions to give to any wandering child in need of mana in exchange for experience points

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Shai-Hulud posted:

Nice try, but I'm not giving up the championship belt that easily.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

And the CEO was Albert Einstein.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I carry mana potions to give to any wandering child in need of mana in exchange for experience points

You should carry health potions instead and then they can go on to defeat the Evil Flea without needing to grind more and risk losing their +1 Girlfriend.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
If you do use an AED, just make sure not to fake-box with them then put the plates together in celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXzeRL7F-fY

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I have no idea where else to put this, but...dril got a live streaming show

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1183214966217641984?s=21

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1183222206043549696

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Serperoth posted:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Vib Rib posted:

I don't know where this "children need to suffer to become strong" thing came from, because I've seen a ton of people who suffered as children and grew up to be right assholes, and plenty of folks who barely ever played outside except when forced and never broke a bone in t heir lives but came out to be really good people. What sort of "strong" do they think breaking your wrist falling off a bike makes you??

It comes from "I need there to be an acceptable reason that I suffered as a child, because if I agree that my parents did lovely things, that will mess up the nice balance of coping mechanisms I have."

Particularly if you still have a relationship with those parents, because then you have to find a new way to deal with "I love this person, who loves and supports me,* but also they hosed me up in major ways."

Extra points if you ALSO have children you've "disciplined" with that way, so you get the EXTRA fun of "In the process of trying to be a good parent, I have irrevocably hosed my offspring up, and I can't take that back."

It's really uncomfortable to face all that poo poo head on, to say nothing of the fact that they probably have extra emotional/mental issues on top of all that compounding the issue, because brains are total bullshit.

*Presumably, at least most of the time

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/1182764162256179201

Rudy talks to (female) reporters on text all the time. It seems bonkers that a guy who was the mayor of NYC and generally thought of to be a serious person five years ago is constantly incriminating himself on television and in newspapers but the rumor on Rudy is that he's a huge alcoholic so he's probably drunk pretty much 24/7 these days

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Henchman of Santa posted:

just yelled "what the gently caress!! what?!!" in the bathroom

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Doc Hawkins posted:

yeah it’s really weird

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vib Rib posted:

https://twitter.com/KingMe142/status/1183039768747077637

A very real story and not just one this dipshit tells his workers to keep them in line.
I always love stories like this because they break down at every possible level if you think about them for two goddamn seconds. How does this person think you "climb the ranks" in the first place? How do they think CEOs are chosen?

I mean yeah, if you talk to a CEO or other obnoxiously rich person in a personable way you can tell they’re a human being who has likes and interests and feelings like any other human being. I dunno what that’s supposed to prove or help though when they view their workers and other working “poor” as subhuman interchangeable peons at best

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Not mentioned: access to higher education, familial support, white male privilege, etc.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Data Graham posted:

Also it's "funny" how they go on about how the fact that you could brain yourself on your toys or give yourself debilitating diseases from eating the paint off your crib means that because THEY survived without apparent ill effects, it means those hazards "toughened them up". Really it just means they were the lucky ones, and we don't talk about their friend Frankie who got a lawn dart through the head or Suzy who got cancer at 16
My gran will go straight from "kids get sick all the time these days, wasn't always like this" (almost reciting George Carlin's "the immune system needs practice" routine) to "yeah us two were the only ones to survive until adulthood out of a whole loving litter of kids" without batting an eye. It's wild

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Good on @dril for parlaying three funny quotes over ten years into his own television show.

karoshi
Nov 4, 2008

"Can somebody mspaint eyes on the steaming packages? TIA" yeah well fuck you too buddy, this is the best you're gonna get. Is this even "work-safe"? Let's find out!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Just flush it.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Walton Simons posted:

This was posted with the context of 'how can climate change be older people's fault, we had a real childhood without tablets!'.

There's nothing wrong with nostalgia but asbestos and cars without anything resembling a saftety feature have caused countless needless deaths. Urgh.

What I like about this is the mishmash of American and maybe Australian or UK terminology. RUGBY and NETBALL were definitely Gridiron and Basketball at one point.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Do Americans ever actually use the term "gridiron"? I think I've only heard it when an Australian talks about American Football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
*frowning boomer* this email doesn’t make any drat sense! *spends an hour changing four regional references* much better