Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

48 Hour Boner posted:

I imagine after he refuses to leave the white house January 2021, he'll be moved to his presidential library in his sleep. It will consist of a three rooms guests can observe and interact with; a complete reconstruction of the oval office, a replica of a sports stadium, and a golf course. He'll have a pretty packed schedule; signing blank papers with faux letterhead in the morning (available in the gift shop), holding rallies in the afternoon before a simulated audience, and playing golf in the evening.

Volunteers play the roles of Ivanka, Eric, and Don Jr. during feeding times. There's an interactive game, kind of like the Reagan presidential library's Grenada event simulator; guests score points by choosing the dumbest option possible. Press the red button to send Donald a coke, he likes that.

nah just entomb his family with him.

Also his cabinet and all the other knee benders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

What? No for real what does this mean?

It means he's gonna crush small family farms and support big mega farms. More than he has that is.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1183130243885875200

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Ratios and Tendency posted:

If Trump gets presidential libraries the US won't have sufficiently responded to the crisis you are currently in.

Nixon also has a Presidential Library, it's standard for modern presidents. They hold important research material and archival documents.

(Of course, the Nixon Library was roundly criticized for how it depicted Watergate. The National Archives took it over and it's supposed to be better now)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr. VooDoo posted:

What? No for real what does this mean?

pick from 2 equally possible options

-He thinks A) all tractors are now made in America with beautiful US Steel products and assumes people buying tractors now are somehow making them make more big tractors for more money or something because he thinks he saved the steel industry.

-He thinks farmers need more tractor because farmers are doing well in his mind.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

So the beginningless wars can begin!

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/wfaa/status/1183074511022952448

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The tweet buried the lede. He shot her through a window after trespassing, unannounced, into her backyard.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Fallom posted:

The tweet buried the lede. He shot her through a window after trespassing, unannounced, into her backyard.

Yeah its absolutely insane, the screen door was closed, lights were on inside, she was given 3 seconds before they shot her through the window, and the justification is the murderer perceived a threat.

Of course we don't get to know his name yet.

quote:

Body-camera footage shows the officer standing outside the front door of the home before walking around the side of the house and opening a gate to the backyard. The officer was in the backyard when he turned toward the window and shouted.

"Put your hands up. Show me your hands!" the officer yelled before firing once through the window, the bodycam footage shows.

Officials said the officer shot through the window "perceiving a threat."

Atatiana Jefferson, 28, was killed in a bedroom, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's office.

Jefferson was black. Fort Worth police officials have not released the officer's name but say he is white.

The officer has been placed on administrative leave. He has been on the Fort Worth Police Department since April 2018, officials said.

James Smith said he called the non-emergency police number to request a welfare check at his neighbor's house. He said he saw the lights on and the front door open.

Bodycam footage shows a screen door closed but the front door open at the house. The lights were on inside. The officer did not appear to knock and could not be heard announcing himself at the doorway.

Never knocked on the door, never announced themselves as police, but if someone in your backyard says "put your hands up, show me your hands" they can shoot you if you fail to comply.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
How much did AOC spend on a haircut that’s sent conservatives into a frothing rage?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
That is so loving egregious, holy poo poo.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How much did AOC spend on a haircut that’s sent conservatives into a frothing rage?

300 dollars

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The person who wrote the story is a former beauty queen who still spends twice what AOC does (someone found her salon). This was a woman on woman driveby by a chud stepford wife.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Standard behavior from the largest American gang.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

bobjr posted:

300 dollars

Man I’m glad I’m a guy and can just get a buzz cut for nothing.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Also lol if you think any hair salon is charging AOC full price

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

bobjr posted:

300 dollars

pfffff that's like a few seconds of the run time of Donnie's supa psudeoscience hair machine.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I loving hope she pays full price. Taking a discount that's not otherwise available to the public would be a scandal bigger than this wet fart.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

deoju posted:

I loving hope she pays full price. Taking a discount that's not otherwise available to the public would be a scandal.

Military discounts, senior discounts, on and on. What’s the difference?

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Also lol if you think any hair salon is charging AOC full price

They'd better, if they don't it's technically a gift to a federal official and subject to reporting requirements! :eng101:

Shammypants posted:

Military discounts, senior discounts, on and on. What’s the difference?

Discounts that apply to broad classes of people-- even subsets of federal employees-- are fine to take advantage of, it's discounts extended specifically to individual federal employees that are questionable.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Quorum posted:

Discounts that apply to broad classes of people-- even subsets of federal employees-- are fine to take advantage of, it's discounts extended specifically to individual federal employees that are questionable.

More specifically anyone who wields political power

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

God loving drat it this man is a cancer destroying all that is good.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

loving take guns away from cops holy poo poo

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Fallom posted:

loving Extremely. gently caress twitter:

Long form:

'A Fort Worth police officer shot and killed a woman inside her own home early Saturday while responding to a call, officials said.

Officers responded to an "open structure" call around 2:25 a.m. near the 1200 block of East Allen Avenue, east of Interstate 35W, Fort Worth police said.

Body-camera footage shows the officer standing outside the front door of the home before walking around the side of the house and opening a gate to the backyard. The officer was in the backyard when he turned toward the window and shouted.

"Put your hands up. Show me your hands!" the officer yelled before firing once through the window, the bodycam footage shows.

Officials said the officer shot through the window "perceiving a threat."

Atatiana Jefferson, 28, was killed in a bedroom, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's office.

Jefferson was black. Fort Worth police officials have not released the officer's name but say he is white.

The officer has been placed on administrative leave. He has been on the Fort Worth Police Department since April 2018, officials said.'

Edit: f.b.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 13, 2019

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Party Plane Jones posted:

There’s a video floating around SDF twitter with this woman, who was pulled out of her car and stoned to death by Turkish quote “rebels” unquote before being beheaded

how’s everyone on this Saturday, good and loving drunk I hope

I am going to need to need some drugs after reading that detail

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFCZfkXn900

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Edit: Derails with my dumbass comment. Apologies.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 13, 2019

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer
lord have mercy please not another haircut derail is all.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1183170483929473024?s=19

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The wall works in concert with shooting illegal 8yo girls in the legs first. Please pay attention.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Donnie thought the wall was non stick/super slippery because his natural burger grease hand had zero friction on the pieces he touched.

Also those peices had to be destroyed due to rapid corrosion .

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Otteration posted:

The officer has been placed on administrative leave. He has been on the Fort Worth Police Department since April 2018, officials said.'

Edit: f.b.

In prisons, the general rule has been to stop calling it "solitary confinement" because that sounds loving awful and transition to calling it "administrative detention." I wouldn't mind if they utilized that convention here and "administrative leave" meant "fired and in loving jail."

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah its absolutely insane, the screen door was closed, lights were on inside, she was given 3 seconds before they shot her through the window, and the justification is the murderer perceived a threat.

Dude, in the bodycam it's just over a second. Say "put your hands up show me your hands bang" quickly without pausing, and that's it. That's the time. loving gross.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1183131833321623552

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You’re welcome farmers.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Pentagon says US forces came under Turkish artillery fire in Syria
cnn.com/Updated 12:32 PM ET, Sat October 12, 2019
"One US official told CNN the US does not believe the Turkish shelling near US troops posted near Kobani was an accident and that it was likely designed to chase the US from the area. The US has previously announced that it gave Turkey "explicit grid coordinate detail" of US positions in Syria."

We know this, but headlines are circulating that Turkish forces "Mistakenly" or "Accidentally" bombed. Nope.

Manufacturing is now officially in recession, despite Trump’s vow to boost industry
latimes.com/Oct. 11, 2019
"During President Trump’s first two years in office, his standing with many voters was buoyed by a surge in manufacturing that helped create millions of new jobs and undergirded the whole U.S. economy.

But today, manufacturing has plunged into recession and is threatening to pull down other sectors, perhaps hitting hardest on supporters in those states that helped put Trump in office."

After Avoiding Safety Upgrades, PG&E Hired Lobbyists and Public Relations Instead
theintercept.com/October 11 2019
"Power shutoffs affecting more than 1 million residents, scheduled by PG&E this week throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California, have sparked a massive backlash, with many community members telling reporters that they are shocked that the company has not done more to upgrade its transmission lines."

Despite US soldiers in Syria, Trump says, ‘We have no soldiers in Syria’
msnbc.com/10/11/19
'The first sign of trouble came in November 2016, about two weeks after the U.S. presidential election, when Donald Trump sat down with the New York Times and said he had some “strong ideas” about Syria. The article about the interview added at the time, “He declined to say what those ideas are despite several requests to do so.”'

California bans private prisons and immigration detention centers
reuters.com/October 11, 2019
"California moved to end the use of private, for-profit lockups in America’s largest state prison system as well as in federal immigration detention centers in the state under a measure signed into law on Friday by Governor Gavin Newsom"

Who are the Kurds?
bbc.com/9 October 2019
"Between 25 and 35 million Kurds inhabit a mountainous region straddling the borders of Turkey, Iraq, Syria, Iran and Armenia. They make up the fourth-largest ethnic group in the Middle East, but they have never obtained a permanent nation state."
BBC review for your friends claiming the Kurds for whatever reason left or right.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The wall works in concert with shooting illegal 8yo girls in the legs first. Please pay attention.

There's also a non zero chance it's electrified, and Trump tried to announce it.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I can't read that Trump tractor tweet as anything else but a weird insult.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Imagine if police officers were paid more, but weren't allowed to have guns, like, at all.

I'd take the compromise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Sable tax:

https://i.imgur.com/dV5i8LZ.mp4

(Treat the world well, or it will chew your face off. :) )