Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I do think that Eagle's Tower is the worst dungeon I've ever played.

you misspelled BEST

also gently caress Blizzard for the new page. that response is some of the most deliberate, uncomfortable sloganeering ever. "Every Voice Matters" my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

I felt the same way about that game. It’s not very good at all once you get past the fantastic art style.

I tried to warn you all. The game is really mediocre with spurts of just plain bad sections at regular intervals. I also dont even think the art is all that great except the one secret area.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I said come in! posted:

W101 is the one Platinum Game I haven't played yet. I really want to and I hope it gets ported to Switch eventually.

Unfortunately it's literally impossible to be as good as the wiiu dual screen version, which i think is why they're taking so long to bring it. If it does show up, hopefully they include a stylus mode, not just an easy mode like bayo2, but allowing handheld to use the touch screen for drawing.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Brother Entropy posted:

anyone playing mistover or valfaris? would love to hear some goon opinions before i drop money on 'em

I only played the demo of Mistover but it's a really slow game man. Combat was slow, uninteresting and took forever cause of how much hp the enemies had. It was a timed demo and I couldn't finish it. Bad first impression.

As for Valfaris I watched Aris play it and it looked really fun but I heard it's pretty short.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Who do we talk to to get Might and Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic on this thing?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Junkie Disease posted:

Who do we talk to to get Might and Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic on this thing?

Did M&M Clash of Heroes get ported? It's been on every phone pc and console I've checked though I haven't spotted it for Switch yet.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I beat BotW a while back and have felt a slight itch to replay it. I never got any of the DLC. What’s included and is it worth getting? Have you all found replaying BotW was a good time?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bushisms.txt posted:

Unfortunately it's literally impossible to be as good as the wiiu dual screen version, which i think is why they're taking so long to bring it. If it does show up, hopefully they include a stylus mode, not just an easy mode like bayo2, but allowing handheld to use the touch screen for drawing.

Using the stick works better because it turns into fighting fame inputs

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I do think that Eagle's Tower is the worst dungeon I've ever played.

That’s the one with the pillars you have to throw the giant metal ball into, right? I hated that level on game boy.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That’s the one with the pillars you have to throw the giant metal ball into, right? I hated that level on game boy.

yeah it's the combination of the metal ball pillar stuff with the blue/orange colored blocks

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

veni veni veni posted:

Man, Links Awakening gets really irritating and antagonistic towards the end. The last couple of shrines are a real tedious pain in the rear end.

Yeah for real. The Face Shrine was long and stupid and wasted my time. The Eagles Tower I was all right with because me getting stuck was a result of me being a bloody dingus. Turtle Rock was long and dumb and I got stuck a bunch and felt both stupid and like a drat genius when I finally figured out how to progress.

I'm at the end of the game now and I am irritated at the boss rush inside the egg. I just got loving bodied by the boss form with the spinning spear. I had to look up how to beat him and turns out you have to use the spin attack?! gently caress that. Nowhere else in the game does the spin attack do anything different from a regular sword attack. It just does more damage. That is stupid and now I am irritated.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah for real. The Face Shrine was long and stupid and wasted my time. The Eagles Tower I was all right with because me getting stuck was a result of me being a bloody dingus. Turtle Rock was long and dumb and I got stuck a bunch and felt both stupid and like a drat genius when I finally figured out how to progress.

I'm at the end of the game now and I am irritated at the boss rush inside the egg. I just got loving bodied by the boss form with the spinning spear. I had to look up how to beat him and turns out you have to use the spin attack?! gently caress that. Nowhere else in the game does the spin attack do anything different from a regular sword attack. It just does more damage. That is stupid and now I am irritated.

That form is kind of trading a lot on assuming the player played Link to the Past

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

That form is kind of trading a lot on assuming the player played Link to the Past

I was told that by a couple people I complained to. Here's the thing: Ganon is also vulnerable to Silver Arrows and that's how I beat him. I've only beaten LttP once. I played it right before Link Between Worlds. There was no loving way I would know to use a spin attack

I was also told you can ram him with the Pegasus Boots but I swear to god I tried that and it didn't work. Maybe I didn't actually hit him? Either way, I'm calling bullshit on that form. None of the other forms gave me trouble. Just beat the game. Got tedious at the end but meh. I liked it overall.

I also didn't notice any frame rate problems.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Silver Falcon posted:

I was told that by a couple people I complained to. Here's the thing: Ganon is also vulnerable to Silver Arrows and that's how I beat him. I've only beaten LttP once. I played it right before Link Between Worlds. There was no loving way I would know to use a spin attack

I was also told you can ram him with the Pegasus Boots but I swear to god I tried that and it didn't work. Maybe I didn't actually hit him? Either way, I'm calling bullshit on that form. None of the other forms gave me trouble. Just beat the game. Got tedious at the end but meh. I liked it overall.

Were you playing docked or handheld? I’ve been playing handheld and I’ve noticed a LOT of stuttering.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Have they announced a special Animal Crossing edition Switch? I always regretted not getting the Animal Crossing 3DS and don't want to make that mistake again

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Were you playing docked or handheld? I’ve been playing handheld and I’ve noticed a LOT of stuttering.

Docked, with a pro controller. I mostly play docked. Maybe that's the difference. Also I have a physical copy, if that makes a difference.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gripweed posted:

Have they announced a special Animal Crossing edition Switch? I always regretted not getting the Animal Crossing 3DS and don't want to make that mistake again

I can't imagine Nintendo wouldn't have a special Animal Crossing Switch model to coincide with the launch of New Horizons, but no they haven't announced one yet.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

If you don’t have the Golden Sword in LttP Spin Attacks are the only way to damage Ganon.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Vesperia, Banner Saga Trilogy, or Naruto Trilogy? All are about the same price. I have 26 bucks in my account.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheKingofSprings posted:

If you don’t have the Golden Sword in LttP Spin Attacks are the only way to damage Ganon.

Really? I thought it just took more hits. It’s been a looong time since I’ve tried that fight without the golden master sword.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think I had the Golden Sword... In any case, it's kinda bullshit that the game relies on knowledge from a different game for that one bit, and doesn't give you any other hints about it. The game expects me to remember how to beat the final boss of a game I beat... what? 6 years ago?! I can't even remember what I did a week ago, much less 6 years!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if i remember my lttp rando knowledge right you can also use normal swings with the level 3 tempered sword

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

strategery posted:

Vesperia, Banner Saga Trilogy, or Naruto Trilogy? All are about the same price. I have 26 bucks in my account.

Banner Saga is good and sad and gorgeous as hell

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I think I had the Golden Sword... In any case, it's kinda bullshit that the game relies on knowledge from a different game for that one bit, and doesn't give you any other hints about it. The game expects me to remember how to beat the final boss of a game I beat... what? 6 years ago?! I can't even remember what I did a week ago, much less 6 years!

The game doesn’t tell you in LttP either!

Did the game actually explicitly tell you how to deal with the slime boss?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

strategery posted:

wait, is banner saga trilogy available digitally? site is showing physical only

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Are there any new games that are good on mute? Have a long ride and DQ11 and Fire Emblem did not catch mybinterest on mute on the trip up. I didn't pack headphones* and I have don't want to open blast audio and disturb others.

*I did, they are bluetooth only.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Araxxor posted:

Yeah if any other company was in Blizzard's position, they would have done the exact same thing.

I mean, presumably the company that was a workers collective wouldn't.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

veni veni veni posted:

Man, Links Awakening gets really irritating and antagonistic towards the end. The last couple of shrines are a real tedious pain in the rear end.

you know how sometimes you're comfy and then the alarm goes off and you sort of smash it so you can rest for a couple more minutes?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

Using the stick works better because it turns into fighting fame inputs

Nah, the point of the game is lampooning Sentai, so using the screen to draw out the commands felt way better than just tapping a stick. Plus the game goes into bullet time when you draw on the pad, so you don't have to rush. W101 revels in being a video game and its level of control is a part of that.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Is MudRunner worth the sale price of $23? I think I remember somebody here recommending it. I have heard its similar to Euro Truck, which I love.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Looks like RE 5 (I guess 6 also) is on sale for preorder, it's $20 if you already own RE4 (or some of the others).

Five is more actiony than RE4 but loads of fun, competent levels and good gameplay plus great co-op with a friend. If you liked RE4 it's very likely you'll enjoy RE5.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

veni veni veni posted:

Last three dungeons are my favorites :shobon:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Silver Falcon posted:

Frankly I don't understand people not spin attacking every god drat enemy at every strike

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Gripweed posted:

I'm waiting on the Animal Crossing Switch Lite that will absolutely be announced at some point.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

loudog999 posted:

Is MudRunner worth the sale price of $23? I think I remember somebody here recommending it. I have heard its similar to Euro Truck, which I love.

Yes, it's fantastic and runs well for a downport, the hd rumble makes it even better

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Aren't there regular dungeon enemies before that point that can't be damaged with regular sword strikes?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Fun Times! posted:

I'm waiting on the Animal Crossing Switch Lite that will absolutely be announced at some point.

seriously, look how nice this is. It's the nicest looking system Nintendo has ever made

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Are there any games you'd all recommend under $10, but not free? Weird stipulation, but it is what it is. Not just games that are okay to play, but games that make you go, "okay y'all might've just done did somethin"

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Bottom Liner posted:

wait, is banner saga trilogy available digitally? site is showing physical only

Oh welp. Nevermind, It is physical. Which isnt a bad deal, but my 26 bucks in in the eshop, so I suppose its Vesperia vs Naruto then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Gripweed posted:

seriously, look how nice this is. It's the nicest looking system Nintendo has ever made

God damnit, I was scrolling backwards through the page and thought this was an Animal Crossing Switch for a moment.