Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

i would say divorced dad but i dont think he got that far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

MaxxBot posted:

Of course the CPC only hates non-leftists, not LGBT activists or anyone like that :rolleyes:

I dont think anyone said that, pal

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Tom Smykowski posted:

I dont think anyone said that, pal

I don't understand the desire from western leftists to jump to their defense, it's not like they're providing robust social services to their citizens or anything.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Homeless Friend posted:

If ted cruz appeared in my butter, with a tonsil stone, you better believe i'm throwing that poo poo out

the tonsil stone is an evolutionary defense mechanism. you have to overcome your innate aversion to it in order to eat Ted Cruz, the only way of destroying him.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MaxxBot posted:

I don't understand the desire from western leftists to jump to their defense, it's not like they're providing robust social services to their citizens or anything.

I do understand the desire from western liberals to jump to the offense, on the other hand :smugdon:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Rabelais D posted:

Sees a Chinese-produced video of a visibly nervous Uyghur man, being watched by Chinese officials, proclaiming that so-called concentration camps are voluntary education centres, just with huge walls and barbed wire for extra peace of mind for those inside: "Hmm, yes, I knew the western media was biased!"

could you link this video it sounds like humorous content

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

MaxxBot posted:

Could be because sometimes the people who talk poo poo can range from Defenders of American Interests to weird racist/classist poo poo posters like darkest auer.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

KaptainKrunk posted:

Tienanmen square protesters were genuine leftists protesting against Deng's turn away from Maoism who used the language of freedom, democracy in decidedly non-bourgeois ways. Hong Kong youth are overwhelmingly liberals, with some separatists and leftists of the good variety sprinkled in

if i thought for a second that there were a single poster on somethingawful who knew or gave a single gently caress about this and was not already posting in cspam as a non-white-noise poster outside of megathreads i'd post a thread like this in d&d or somesuch because the composition and crackdown surrounding tienanmen is actually fascinating in illustrating the fault lines in a nation that tries oh-so-very hard to project the image of One China but right now the standard in d&d is "people are being abducted off the streets of xinjiang and their organs scooped out in the vans, no i have no sources for this claim but there are Many Such Cases" and its just allowed like any old flavor of the month bullshit is okay, so idk maybe when the blizzard gamers cool off and forget where and how most of the world lives or whatever.

MaxxBot posted:

because the lesser evil is literally china, and i mean that in the most condemnatory possible way toward china

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

idk maybe when the blizzard gamers cool off and forget where and how most of the world lives or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORFoQHz9EXM

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1183215783230332928?s=20

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Willie Tomg posted:

if i thought for a second that there were a single poster on somethingawful who knew or gave a single gently caress about this and was not already posting in cspam as a non-white-noise poster outside of megathreads i'd post a thread like this in d&d or somesuch because the composition and crackdown surrounding tienanmen is actually fascinating in illustrating the fault lines in a nation that tries oh-so-very hard to project the image of One China but right now the standard in d&d is "people are being abducted off the streets of xinjiang and their organs scooped out in the vans, no i have no sources for this claim but there are Many Such Cases" and its just allowed like any old flavor of the month bullshit is okay, so idk maybe when the blizzard gamers cool off and forget where and how most of the world lives or whatever.

because the lesser evil is literally china, and i mean that in the most condemnatory possible way toward china

I would read a tiananmen effortpost / thread.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Within 5 minutes itd look like the r guy thread in qcs

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I love the eastern europeans 30 years on from their own revolutions being like "omg why does our society still loving suck?"

also the loudest, most annoying liberals from those societies have largely fled to the west anyway. pulling down the iron curtain was never about improving their own countries, but fleeing from them and from the people

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

People are denying genocide in Xinjiang because the facts aren't consistent with a policy of trying to wipe out a nation, by any means. Not in body or culture. There's all sorts of other comparisons that could be made, like Japanese internment during WW2 or the Mau Mau concentration camps in British Kenya - where people were rounded up en masse as suspected fifth columns. But China's policies just aren't consistent with other genocides in the historical record. Forcing Uighurs into becoming party loyalists and indoctrinating them with Chinese civic ideology may be hamfisted and draconian, but it's not a genocide.

This talk matters, because if what's happening in Xinjiang is of equal import to the Holocaust or the Armenian genocide, like bloodnose tries to put it - then it behooves us to end it. That means sanctions, it means war, and it means regime change. If you're not willing to overthrow China and liberate the Uighurs, then you're not really serious about the problem of genocide. bloodnose at least, as a state department lackey, is ideologically consistent. That's a lot more than can be said for other posters itt who view the Uighurs as just another weapon in their posting wars.

If there's an actually existing genocide going on in Xinjiang, then screaming at people for being genocide deniers while not being willing to attack the Chinese state only normalizes genocide as a matter of course in international affairs.

:thunk:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1183254675304247298

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Imagine if China arrested Ted Cruz

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

That would not hurt the feelings of the American people

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Kassad posted:

It would be the greatest thing that ever happened to Ted Cruz.

From pathetic jellyspine quisling to a "freedom fighter unjustly imprisoned by an evil enemy state."

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Kassad posted:

Im imagining it real hard right now

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don’t know which capitalist I hate more: Ted Cruz, or China.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Kassad posted:

yet another canadian getting arrested in china

BrokenGameboy
Jan 25, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

Kassad posted:

But this is a non-horny zone.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cry Havoc posted:

he revoked his canadian citizenship

i really, really, really want to read Ted Cruz's essay on why he didn't want to be Canadian anymore

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Kassad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BtuqUX934U

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cry Havoc posted:

lmao

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Tom Smykowski posted:

Within 5 minutes itd look like the r guy thread in qcs

yes. also, crucially: everyone who gives a gently caress is already here, so why bother?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i know nothing about tianamen except that it proves china is evil and bad

coincidentally thats also about the extent of my knowledge on the ughyurs and the hong kong protests even though ive been trying to better inform myself on china issues weird how english media really doesnt like getting into details on that stuff

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

I can't wait for Xi to show up in support of the next BLM protest. I'm sure nothing bad could arise from that.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/charliebcurran/status/1183305699805290496

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 12:03 on Oct 13, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Willie Tomg posted:

my favorite bit of the organ harvesting myth is that it has its own self-serving internal logic, because it's almost always alleged that they're targeting Falun Gong, and Falun Gong is targeted for organ harvesting specifically because their New Age lifestyles give them naturally healthier organs.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Was the organ harvesting evolved from "waking up in hotel bathtub with a missing kidney" urban legend? That was about 20 years before "copypasta".

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

yep

I think I've posted about it before, but that process has been going on for a while now here in the PH even among supposedly liberal groups

it just feeds into sinophobia as a response, since people aren't equipped to properly frame the "kowtowing to Beijing" as a problem of capitalism

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 12:39 on Oct 13, 2019

Stocking
Jul 24, 2007

its 'cool' to watch in real time how quickly worked up and excited reddit-style guys immediately get when given permission to be racist

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

China being able to become a global naval power would take a Hell of a lot more than projecting power into the south China Sea. In fact, they wouldn't even need the South China Sea to begin with. It's all about getting leases for naval bases.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1183351679347056641?s=20

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

China being able to become a global naval power would take a Hell of a lot more than projecting power into the south China Sea. In fact, they wouldn't even need the South China Sea to begin with. It's all about getting leases for naval bases.

Yeah but being realistic doesn't make politicians approve budget increases for your branch of the armed forces.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I hope the gamers waste their time going after one of the most powerful state on earth instead of harassing women and others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012