Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

value-brand cereal posted:

Speaking of... leather?

Terrazza sofas by Ubald Klug

I like that the second one comes pre-stained with 10+ years of naked butt sweat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

I also sit on a pile of hot dogs

My kielbasa ottoman is a vast improvement over the weiner model.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Some well oiled butts have been on those couches. But little to no wear on the arms, strange. Maybe it's a designated post grease jaccuzi zone?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Those couches look like turds

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
wanna bone on that couch

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I don't know what you guys have against this latest collection by Oscar Mayer.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
you have to buy them in sets of 10 but the covers come in sets of 8

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

BlackIronHeart posted:

I don't know what you guys have against this latest collection by Oscar Mayer.

They should stick with what they know...car designs.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

PRADA SLUT posted:

come covers the sets, from the looks of it

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

PRADA SLUT posted:

Lol

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:spooky: Halloween Post :spooky: - stop staring at my rear end

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/lindsaykap/status/1182475529162776576

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Someone likes to play pretend

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

2 dishwashers isn't weird, one is for clean dishes the other for dirty. Just rotate between the two and never have to put them away!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Clearly they were just very observant, given the en suite mikvah sitting in the center of the living room as best as I can tell.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm the poolside dining table.

JEEVES420 posted:

2 dishwashers isn't weird, one is for clean dishes the other for dirty. Just rotate between the two and never have to put them away!

I like your style, but I'm pretty sure one of those is a trash compactor.

Why is there a school band room attached to the Oval Office?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Bees on Wheat posted:

I'm the poolside dining table.

Not just a dining table, it's a poolside *teppanyaki table*.

Cuz who doesn't want to be able to do this right after getting out of the pool???

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Sirotan posted:

Not just a dining table, it's a poolside *teppanyaki table*.

Cuz who doesn't want to be able to do this right after getting out of the pool???

How does this hood even work? There's no vent out of the building.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
There are (crappy) filters inside the hood so only fresh (vaguely oily and smoky) air is recirculated through the room (building).

Also it's at the table so there's no point, wtf.

E: never mind I guess this is related to the fancy grill thing

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
It's really baffling they didn't run duct to the hood in that room of all places.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Bees on Wheat posted:

but I'm pretty sure one of those is a trash compactor.

Let's talk about this. Has there ever been a trash compactor produced post-boomer prime? Because I sure remember those things being a thing, but even as as gen X I have never seen one actually in use or for sale. And I seem to remember they need special paper bags that I'm sure aren't actually readily available anymore.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Even just a fake pipe up to the ceiling would look better than that precarious floating hood situation. It's like a really ugly chandelier. Speaking of duct work...

:spooky: Halloween Post :spooky: - A Miyazaki heroine bursts into your house at least twice a year to stop this thing from eating any more children.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I know of a few very rural areas where trash pickup cost is still metered by volume. I’ve seen compactors there.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

I've never seen a functioning compactor. They're always broken and/or too expensive to remove without doing a remodel. If you really want to, you can buy a modern standalone one.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Motronic posted:

Let's talk about this. Has there ever been a trash compactor produced post-boomer prime? Because I sure remember those things being a thing, but even as as gen X I have never seen one actually in use or for sale. And I seem to remember they need special paper bags that I'm sure aren't actually readily available anymore.

Sounds about right. I did cabinets in houses back in the day where they were pretty much a given if the house was a certain $ level.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
My grandparents had a working trash compactor in their retirement condo up until the early 2000's. It was a lot of fun and very novel for us grand kids. I hope it's still out there compacting away.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Motronic posted:

Don't forget you cant put anything that can rot, or metal, or glass...so it was more like a paper recycle compactor that was never used as everyone just threw the trash in the normal trash can.

absolem
May 21, 2014

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 [is] immoral
insofar as it is coercive towards someone, yes

I am retarded and compassion is overrated.

AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
AUSTRIANECONOMICS
My parents continue to have a trash compactor in the kitchen. We figured out how to use regular bags with it just about as soon as the special bags the previous owners left ran out

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
My mother-in-law has a standalone compactor. In all the years I've known her, I still haven't bothered to figure out what does or doesn't go into it so I still throw all my trash in the normal trash can and hope nobody notices. :ohdear:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Looks like an Aliexpress product photo.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

JEEVES420 posted:

Don't forget you cant put anything that can rot, or metal, or glass...so it was more like a paper recycle compactor that was never used as everyone just threw the trash in the normal trash can.

We need to collaborate on a goon recycler project that compacts paper stuff in one side, plastic in another, crushes glass, and ejects the final product over tall buildings in a single bound.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I know of a few very rural areas where trash pickup cost is still metered by volume. I’ve seen compactors there.

Isn't technically anywhere where you have your own bin metered by volume?

Like, if you have curbside service, you get your wheely bin and if you have too much for that week, you generally get charged extra, right?

Unless you mean, like... specifically by volume, like, on a per bag basis. Which is true where I live if I bring my trash myself to the transfer station. Depending on the size of the bag, it's a certain cost. I don't know off the top of my head, but I think a basic kitchen trash bag size is I think about $3? And a big 40 gallon contractor bag is 6ish?

If it's loose trash, they go by the cubic yard...they just sort of estimate so who knows how accurate it is.

Most of the time if you have loose trash or big items it's best to go the the one of the transfer stations that have a scale and get charged by weight.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Isn't technically anywhere where you have your own bin metered by volume?

Like, if you have curbside service, you get your wheely bin and if you have too much for that week, you generally get charged extra, right?

Not here. THey empty any can I put out there.

And in fact you can call ahead to let them know you have one "bulk item" per week at no additional charge. Anything from a big box you don't want to deal with to sofas and mattresses.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:spooky: Halloween post :spooky: -since we're talking about product photos

Ikea did some ads where they recreated famous living rooms out of Ikea products. Friends, Simpsons, and

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Motronic posted:

And in fact you can call ahead to let them know you have one "bulk item" per week at no additional charge. Anything from a big box you don't want to deal with to sofas and mattresses.

drat... Yeah I don't know if there's any haulers here who do curbside bulky items, and if any do, it's definitely an extra cost.

I assume it's because I'm in VT, and we're trying to be green, so more trash = more money. In fact, starting in July, everyone has to do mandatory composting. You don't have to have your own compost pile or anything, but at the minimum residents will have to separate out kitchen/food scraps for compost pick up or drop off like we currently do for recycling.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Motronic posted:

Mine has specified bins for every week trash and then for bulk you just put it out on the curb same day at no additional charge. Don't even have to call ahead, they send a truck around looking for it on the curb.

I did call ahead when I had this out there just to make sure and they said they would schedule an off day pickup for $15 if need be...I left it all there for a week :v:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I'm in love

The county records show it was remodeled in 1980 and this kitchen is clearly a product of that, yet it somehow works well with the 1920s architecture.

This feature had to be the envy of every house on the block in 1929.

This style of bungalow is quite unusual for Richmond; single-family homes built in the 1920s tended to be two-story Colonials and Foursquares. The ad states that they think it's a Sears kit house but I haven't seen any Sears houses from the 20s that really resemble it. It could be a kit from another manufacturer, but the garage makes me think it's a custom build. Hmmm....

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Those poor trees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Honestly the best house posted in this thread in a long time. Makes me miss my brick bungalow.