Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

If any still have any interest in it apparently Chikara’s new release date is the 15th, Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

If any still have any interest in it apparently Chikara’s new release date is the 15th, Tuesday.

LOL, literally a week before WWE. I mean, i get it, but it's really funny.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I know the TNA game was 11 years ago, but just look at the difference in model quality.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Gaz-L posted:

LOL, literally a week before WWE. I mean, i get it, but it's really funny.

Well it was originally supposed to come out on the 8th but for some reason it got delayed at the last minute.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Bayley's new gimmick of Old Japanese Woman doesn't feel right.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Gavok posted:

I know the TNA game was 11 years ago, but just look at the difference in model quality.

I laughed way too loud at this.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i have been gifted a Wii whats the best wresting game on it including gamecube games

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Well it was originally supposed to come out on the 8th but for some reason it got delayed at the last minute.

Didn't the NL guys play it at midnight on the 8th and break it in the tutorial? Maybe it was held back for some last minute patch work

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, IIRC the tutorial asked Johnny to irish whip someone out of the ring and then to strike them after another irish wrip in-ring, but once he did the out-of-ring challenge it physically wouldn't let him get back in the ring to successfully do the next step until he completely restarted

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, IIRC the tutorial asked Johnny to irish whip someone out of the ring and then to strike them after another irish wrip in-ring, but once he did the out-of-ring challenge it physically wouldn't let him get back in the ring to successfully do the next step until he completely restarted

Yeah thats a good reason to hold the game back a week if you have trouble getting through the tutorial cuz of a bug i would rather them hold it back a week, glad to know its not being held back too long though

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Suplex Liberace posted:

i have been gifted a Wii whats the best wresting game on it including gamecube games

Probably Day of Reckoning 2. It's contemporaneous with Here Comes the Pain, and I remember the CAW and gameplay being about as good, though the roster is a lot smaller.

As far as I know, all the Wii ports of the PS3/360-era games were supposed to have been garbage, but it did get WWE '13, which was almost as good as the series got before it started regressing. It's the game they started making VGCW in.

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:

Suplex Liberace posted:

Get Day of Reckoning 2. All Wii games are stripped down ports.

Also there's a M.U.S.C.L.E. game that runs on the AKI engine.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Eggplant Ronin posted:

Get Day of Reckoning 2. All Wii games are stripped down ports.

Also there's a M.U.S.C.L.E. game that runs on the AKI engine.

I have heard nothing good about that MUSCLE game though.

Edit:Though apparently I am wrong because I look around and I actually see pretty good reviews.

vv Those are fantastic, the second one is really interesting in what it is too, I would pretty much call it backstage assault but good! vv

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 13, 2019

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

The AKI Def Jam games are also on GameCube!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the def jam games i was aware of ill keep an eye out for DoR2 thank you all

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

next question are there good 3rd party gc controllers? My OG nintendo ones are ratty

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Suplex Liberace posted:

next question are there good 3rd party gc controllers? My OG nintendo ones are ratty

You could always buy the new Nintendo ones they made for Smash 4/Smash Ultimate, though they're probably the most expensive option

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

remusclaw posted:

I have heard nothing good about that MUSCLE game though.

Edit:Though apparently I am wrong because I look around and I actually see pretty good reviews.

vv Those are fantastic, the second one is really interesting in what it is too, I would pretty much call it backstage assault but good! vv

Theres one for GC and one on PS2. I think the ps2 is better but its been awhile since i played that one compared to the GC one

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Def Jam Fight for NY is possibly the best AKI engine game (I admittedly haven’t played the Japanese ones)

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Blast Fantasto posted:

Def Jam Fight for NY is possibly the best AKI engine game (I admittedly haven’t played the Japanese ones)

FFNY loving rules, and it sucks that we won't ever get a remaster because of the insane licensing involved, but I would have loved to have seen that specific fight club-style engine get used in other games.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
2013 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck)"

2014 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck). it's a transition year. This is THQ's fault"

2015 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck)"

2016 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck)"

2017 - "Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck)"

2018 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck)"

2019 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck). It's a transition year. This is Yukes' fault.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

God I want to play FFNY

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
A game with 36 people in it should have good graphics for their models

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Tato posted:

2013 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck)"

2014 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck). it's a transition year. This is THQ's fault"

2015 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck)"

2016 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck)"

2017 - "Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck)"

2018 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck)"

2019 -"Don't worry guys, the models look like absolute poo poo because they're focusing on the amazing gameplay (i.e making terrible new pinning and submission mini games that suck). It's a transition year. This is Yukes' fault.

Almost positive this is going to be a very funny launch

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

A game with 36 people in it should have good graphics for their models

agreed. the new pokemon is a travesty

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

God I want to play FFNY

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Endless Mike posted:

God I want to play FFNY

:yeah:
The AKI Def Jam games were so good.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I think the answer to why WWE games blow in the graphics department is simply because they don't have enough time or resources to do better. And they don't have any impetus to improve either because WWE is the ultimate 'crap in a can, fans will buy it anyway' game series.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

I think the answer to why WWE games blow in the graphics department is simply because they don't have enough time or resources to do better. And they don't have any impetus to improve either because WWE is the ultimate 'crap in a can, fans will buy it anyway' game series.

why do they suck 2 play

anyone who buys this game is keeping me from ever playing a good wrestling game ever again and i’ve decided to take it personally

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
WWE games have been rancid for over a decade because they are diseased at their very core. Every change each year is just the illusion of change, sprinkles and glitter heaped on top of a stinking poo poo pile, trying to throw you off the scent. The changing of publishers, the new generations of consoles, all just window dressing, but that doesn't stop people from hoping that this year - THIS YEAR - it's going to be better. Lies. None of it will change because it's still rotten at the base. It will NEVER be better until the entire thing is burned to the ground and the earth beneath it is salted.

In that way it's an amazingly accurate representation of WWE. 10/10.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah basically every 2k complaint is that it simulates the wwe too well

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I wonder if the AEW will make a video game...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I wonder if the AEW will make a video game...

They've already said multiple times they will, question's just how soon it happens

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

WatermelonGun posted:

why do they suck 2 play

anyone who buys this game is keeping me from ever playing a good wrestling game ever again and i’ve decided to take it personally

The engine is broken because it's old enough to drive, and a long time back they made some minor tactical missteps that they never fixed that have since blossomed into every match being a very slow reversalfest.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/vikingsizegamer/status/1183744608561487872?s=21

I can’t believe how terrible these models are. This looks significantly worse than ‘19’s

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/TheBossUKNOWIis/status/1183749772290732039?s=20

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/vikingsizegamer/status/1183744608561487872?s=21

I can’t believe how terrible these models are. This looks significantly worse than ‘19’s

They seem to get worse as it goes on.

And I see some people are saying Create A Championship was removed

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 14, 2019

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Hey my favorite video of the year is out the new moves. It wont make me buy the game at launch but I do love me some new animations!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyeX72WXsYM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Who the gently caress are these people cause that sure ain't Pete Dunne :stare:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yes, this looks like something you should publicly release and make available for sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Lmao they must have been absolutely terrified of putting that in the game with the New Hair Physics (tm)