Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

galagazombie posted:

Deleted scene and all, but Qui-Gon takes Anakin to get it removed, and in the same scene are found by one of Darth Mauls little Probe Droids. That's also the reason for that awkward cut to them running to the ship in a panic, they're supposed to be trying to flee because they know the bad guys have tracked them down. As it is in the theatrical cut there's just this awkward jump from them casually leaving to them fleeing in terror toward the ship for no apparent reason.

They had a bad feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'd want to get off Tatooine as quickly as possible too

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

1) It’s an orange light.

2) It represents “the spark, that will light the fire that will burn the First Order down” except that FN wasn’t authorized to use it.

3) Saying “red light represents evil” is legit nonsense. Red light on a puppy? Clearly an evil puppy, because of what the light tells me. (Where is the light coming from? That is, who is casting this light on the puppy?)

4) Luke Skywalker is Red Five, dressed in orange with red logos, ship painted red, shoots red lasers at the Death Star.

5) The actual point of the scene is that Rose’s “love” for FN is being performed on behalf of Poe. Rose (nearly) sacrifices herself to enact Poe’s orders, and therefore Poe is kissing FN by proxy.

6) This is because of the obvious callback to how Rose’s sister defied Leia’s orders and successfully sacrificed herself to save the fleet. Leia and Rose don’t care that the sacrifice worked and saved everyone from the “fleet-killer”. They’re upset that Rose’s sister is dead, and they attribute that death to her rejection of Leia’s love - which is specifically the love of the Rebellion leadership. Even though the sister obviously dies to protect Rose, with her golden necklace of sisterhood, Rose falsely believes that her sister was merely consumed by hatred. This is what motivates Rose to attack/kiss FN.

7) Ultimately, when Holdo says “we are the spark, that will light the fire that will burn the First Order down”, this “we” is referring to herself: “I am the spark that will light the fire.” FN is therefore not allowed to be a spark.

Okay, fine. But it's still something obvious enough to at least consider and reject for good reasons.

All this spark stuff would be fine if it continued the OT theme of every character's secret goal being to die in front of Luke, but with Rey or something. (Or better yet, Kylo).

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 9, 2019

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Why the gently caress would a stable boy on Gambletopia IX know what Rose's stupid rear end decoder ring means? The Resistance has like 20 people in it and the poor kid shovels space gazelle poo poo in a manger all day and then they just loving leave him there. That's approaching "the Jedi leave Anakin's mom to live out the rest of her days in slavery" levels of hosed up.

I hope any future trilogy features force-kid discovering a holocron that is a pyramid rather than a cube and the nice man inside it wears a lot of black and has A LOT of opinions on the virtues of vengeance.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Potential BFF posted:

Why the gently caress would a stable boy on Gambletopia IX know what Rose's stupid rear end decoder ring means? The Resistance has like 20 people in it and the poor kid shovels space gazelle poo poo in a manger all day and then they just loving leave him there. That's approaching "the Jedi leave Anakin's mom to live out the rest of her days in slavery" levels of hosed up.

I hope any future trilogy features force-kid discovering a holocron that is a pyramid rather than a cube and the nice man inside it wears a lot of black and has A LOT of opinions on the virtues of vengeance.

the sith reemerging as antifa would be rad, which is why it will never happen

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Broom boy will lead a violent slave revolt, setting him up to be the villain of the next trilogy.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Potential BFF posted:

He saw the toy commercials.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Potential BFF posted:

:lol:

I hope the next trilogy sets up the kid as the evil leader of the space Nazis mark III, and his whole beef is being left behind by a worthless side character.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Potential BFF posted:

He knows the same way the other slave kid knows who Luke Skywalker is and what he did just 30minutes earlier on the salt planet.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
To be fair, the Resistance uses the same insignia as the Rebels - and, presumably, the New Republic. So it should be fairly well known, in the same way that it wouldn’t be weird if some slave kid in Dubai could recognise the Stars and Stripes.

Whether he’d react positively to that symbol is a different question...

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Broom kid will be proud to be enlisted in the noble struggle to restore the status quo where he was a slave and no one did anything about it. This is the power of merch

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

No Mods No Masters posted:

Broom kid will be proud to be enlisted in the noble struggle to restore the status quo where he was a slave and no one did anything about it. This is the power of merch

lol I just realized this kid must have been a slave long before TFA happened

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

CharlestonJew posted:

That's actually a rare bit of consistent worldbuilding- everyone thinks the Republic is (was?) a big, impotent joke, so of course they still haven't eradicated slavery.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Hmm, the Reddit/Bespin Bulletin spoiler provider has provided a lot more spoilers which serve to backtrack on quite a few things. All changes made through the “reshoots”. In my opinion, way more poo poo than what could actually be done in reshoots. Strikes me as just bullshit to bring it more in line with other more official stuff that has been coming out from merch. Meaning the big recent story outlines have been largely fake the whole time, just some extrapolating from real info that’s been released from trailers, merch and pictures and from some other older spoilers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

Man remember how the prequels brought up such a plot point, had characters discuss it, and had its existence be something that helped establish its setting and social context for subsequent films and underpinned character traits that would linger over multiple films?

Anyway this kid can move a broom.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_zmcIZm1lM

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Teek posted:

Hmm, the Reddit/Bespin Bulletin spoiler provider has provided a lot more spoilers which serve to backtrack on quite a few things. All changes made through the “reshoots”. In my opinion, way more poo poo than what could actually be done in reshoots. Strikes me as just bullshit to bring it more in line with other more official stuff that has been coming out from merch. Meaning the big recent story outlines have been largely fake the whole time, just some extrapolating from real info that’s been released from trailers, merch and pictures and from some other older spoilers.

This happens for so many big releases now and I don’t understand what would make someone waste that much time and try to pass it off as legit. Attention? If it was like a “here are my predictions” it’d be one thing but I heard somewhere that the internet makes you stupid.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
“Well we’ll see, I mean I’m still talking to Lucasfilm, they’re figuring out what they’re doing, and we’ll see what happens, but you know I’d be thrilled if it happens but I’m doing my own stuff too.”

RIP.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

“Well we’ll see, I mean I’m still talking to Lucasfilm, they’re figuring out what they’re doing, and we’ll see what happens, but you know I’d be thrilled if it happens but I’m doing my own stuff too.”

RIP.

Ahahaha. So predictable but so satisfying

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Disney didn't like that the entire plot of the movie was leaked so they reshot the whole thing. They've done this for each equally true leak that has come out.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

weekly font posted:

This happens for so many big releases now and I don’t understand what would make someone waste that much time and try to pass it off as legit. Attention? If it was like a “here are my predictions” it’d be one thing but I heard somewhere that the internet makes you stupid.

i really just want to poo poo all over that reddit

lol that their admin did this to get more traffic

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Teek posted:

no way they were fake, his uncle works at Disney

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Duel of the Fates has been incorporated into IX’s soundtrack, allegedly.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

Duel of the Fates has been incorporated into IX’s soundtrack, allegedly.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Williams said he was gonna incorporate everything from all three trilogies since it's supposed to be the ending but keep quoting Youtubers I guess

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I've probably posted stuff from this guy too much but anyway...

Here's a fan's take on what an ST Y-wing might look like. He's put a significant amount of thought into changes and all the design elements and how they might be different after 30 years of progress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g9YfO55n1g

And here's the official Y-wing from TROS

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Szmitten posted:

Williams said he was gonna incorporate everything from all three trilogies since it's supposed to be the ending but keep quoting Youtubers I guess

Oh yea? Well IG88leaker420 said on his SW leaks video that he posted to reddit that he's already dead and was replaced by Danny Elfman.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Captain Splendid posted:

And here's the official Y-wing from TROS

I mean, I don't hate it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Screw alphabet ships

Give me !, ?, @, and & fighters

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It looks the same to me minus the color?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Szmitten posted:

I just want a stupid fight sequence between Rey and Kylo where they Force time travel through every other lightsaber fight but are juuuuust in the right place to not be seen by anyone else but we know..... We know.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Are we ever going to get the Neveldine/Taylor Star Wars movie we really need?

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

The last fight is going to be really good when someone sets it to Yakety Sax. That’s my prophecy.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Robotnik Nudes posted:

The last fight is going to be really good when someone sets it to Yakety Sax. That’s my prophecy.

:agreed:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

Screw alphabet ships

Give me !, ?, @, and & fighters

Ugnaught spaceships are called Umlauts.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

So the 21st is 100% now when trailer drops and tickets go on sale, yeah?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

So the 21st is 100% now when trailer drops and tickets go on sale, yeah?

100% seems strong, but I'd say it's pretty likely.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This movie comes out in 2 months and nobody knows the basic plot yet

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Will the movie finally reveal what happened to Darth Vader's Soul Edge and Soul Calibur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think they should try and make the movie good